Will the New Virtual Worlds...

J. Mandrake

Prowler
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
John Johnny Mandrake
Cost money to go to? Think about it. There is already a thread asking about skills on the planets, so that got me thinking, what if the companies can chose to charge $15/Month to use their planet, or charge $50 like a standalone game? Discuss.

flying from our planet to near asteroid : 10-20 ped

flying from our planet to a planet : :rolleyes:

just lets hope you can TP for free, means also TPs to CND and all hangar owners payed out by MA.

i bet it'll be free, prolly a 'TP'.
In current system u pay fees already(u will also on new planets), introducing 'entry' fee would discourage customers

i bet it'll be free, prolly a 'TP'.
In current system u pay fees already(u will also on new planets), introducing 'entry' fee would discourage customers

but then they have REALLY to describe, why you can TP to another planet, but not to CND or Crystal...

Interesting question. I hope it does cost something. It would make no sense to have free interstellar travel and hired interplanetary travel... unless MA warps the story even more.

AG

How are new planets going to work? Do we need to leave our cool, expensive, stuff behind on Calypso if we visit them? Will our PED work there, or is there "new money"? What about skills? Many questions remain... :scratch2:

I'll just keep playing on Eudoria for now.

A cost to visit the new planets... I would guess that there will be....

TP'ing from one continent to another is one thing.... But traveling to the new planets will probably bring more business to the Pilots... If that's the case, I sure hope there will be more Pilots available.

At this point it's all speculation, plenty of questions and theories to go around.

Those that do know,are not going to spoil the surprise... We've been given a few teasers to keep us intrigued... Guess we'll just have to wait and see...;)

i think it will be more like a star gate system. activates for a chort time to certain places every so often.

A cost to visit the new planets... I would guess that there will be....

TP'ing from one continent to another is one thing.... But traveling to the new planets will probably bring more business to the Pilots... If that's the case, I sure hope there will be more Pilots available.

At this point it's all speculation, plenty of questions and theories to go around.

Those that do know,are not going to spoil the surprise... We've been given a few teasers to keep us intrigued... Guess we'll just have to wait and see...;)

of course its just speculations, theory and brainstorming; maybe we can also help with that, MA is reading some threads ;)

of course it would be great if pilots can do the job, as ive heard, they are not absolut happy atm and overall, players with spaceships and own hangars is one of the very big and nice thinks, included to EU!

if switching between planets is instant and free would also mean resellers, or better said - merchants - will have much fun.

im also afraid, the planets are far far away. that would mean a spaceship would use a lot of more oil and that would affect the price for a ticket.

and for sure, using a storage box with same items on different locations on one planet is one thing, but how could you use a container on another planet, having same items in it.

but hey, its basically a game, will say, they make new and own rules and everything is possible/imaginable.

i can see a shuttle pass system being made. like a bus pass yah know. yah pay for unlimited useage of shuttles to certain planets threw certain shuttle chains and i see day, hourly, and yearly passes as well.:laugh:

I'm pretty sure all MAs partners, expect to make money too.

But not necessarily a monthly fee, might be something along the lines of what MA does.
Tax on the trade planets for instance.

But we'll just have to wait and see I guess :)

Pilots will do well with the higher fees to travel to other planets.
I think.

i think it will be more like a star gate system. activates for a chort time to certain places every so often.

Holy cow if MA implent a stargate system like in SG-1 or Stargate Atlantis that would be freakin awesome!
Then we all dial symbols to go to the planets we want to go to. :yay:

:ahh:

im also afraid, the planets are far far away. that would mean a spaceship would use a lot of more oil and that would affect the price for a ticket.

but hey, its basically a game, will say, they make new and own rules and everything is possible/imaginable.

what brings selling of planets to MA? cash from selling, but also marketing bringing more customers and so bigger chance for hooking more ppl.
From that point do u think is good to "restrict" customers moving from planet to planet? Even if there would b small price on ticket some ppl wouldn't go...
So i agree with ur last sentence, in VR everything is possible

just my 2pecs;)

well last time I saw a comment from MA about this they said that they "don't really know yet" but that "hangars won't be the only way to travel to the new planets"...guess we wont know until we are there ;)

Last edited:
if MA and partners want to gain an early adoption of the new planets from existing players, they are obviously not going to rely on the existing hanger/ship model which struggles to move a couple of dozen people effectivly. If they wish for only the few wealthy individuals to travel, they will stick with what we have now.

as to the idea of subscription for alternative worlds, lets see what they offer first? i'll be judging worlds on content, if its something that interests and requires a sub, i'll weight that up at the time. subs might well appeal to a large part of the world who so far have not engaged in EU and would prefer a fixed price plan.

IMO it will or rather must work without the pilots.

Why?

The most obvious downside of the current pilot system is that you have to wait until the ship is full which can happen in the next five minutes or not within an hour. That's something I'd totally vote against if I were a planet creator. Fixed schedules are one of the keys to make people move.

So there's the option to

a) implement a public transportation kind of system with ships every 15 minutes or so with unlimited number of people per ship
b) implement Star Trek's beam mechanism (ok, call it Stargate or Orb if you will) ;)

Obviously one will have to buy a ticket to go somewhere. Then the planet creator can offer free tickets (e.g. via lottery; remember the movie The Island? ;)) to their planet. IMO there must be some free travel in the beginning when we have new planets. It's something new by then and MA (as a platform provider, NOT as a content provider!) can only have the desire to get us players to those new planets. I mean if nobody goes to a planet the planet creator won't be amused, right? And it's all about RL money after all.

Well I`m almost sure there will be a fee to get from here to there. Who knows if others will charge a fee on their planet. It certainly seems like they could choose to do so. On the other hand it does`nt cost a thing to stay where you are. I think incentive will be there to try these new planets. It remains to be seen whether they will be worth the trip or not. And if we`d even want to go given whatever it is they are offering. Sim planets. barbie planets, beginner planets or maybe just maybe the planet the rest of us have been waiting for.

The most obvious downside of the current pilot system is that you have to wait until the ship is full which can happen in the next five minutes or not within an hour.

1) MA has said that the current piloting system will not be used :silly2:
2) MA has said that new spaceships will be implemented.
3) MA has said that in a few years the universe will be inhabited by up to 150M players with 7M online at the same time :)rolleyes:)

How about adding huge new ships that can take 50-60 or 100-120 people at the same time? :D someone could buy 3-4 of those and then hire pilots to fly people at designated preset times ;) lol

Cost money to go to? Think about it. There is already a thread asking about skills on the planets, so that got me thinking, what if the companies can chose to charge $15/Month to use their planet, or charge $50 like a standalone game? Discuss.

It's all about competition. If a planet asks 100$ a month to be there, they better have some good shizznit. Otherwise they go broke anyway. If a planet charges 0$ they will get a lot of visitors anyway. I think we don't need to worry about this, capitalism will make sure the best planets survive. (how can planets not survive? a philosophical question for sure :rolleyes:)

I think the ships will be used, also because of then MA makes Spacepirates happend, by 'we' acutally fly between two worlds and someone else has a "pirate"-ship and start shooting at hus (this wont happend this year..)

And yes it might be "Selling tickets to CK 300peds *4seats left*" but then again, the decay would be crazy and prolly you "move" to another world, and not as for cnd/cp you just get up on friday and down on sunday.

If you take a look at the orbs, they look to similiar to current teleporters to be a coincidence. I think these may become interplanetary tp's maybe with a charge. :)
If companies like CKi are sinking big money into development, i think it would be rather naive to believe they would do so without some method of "open" access - 4 people on a ship per time doesn't cut it imo.

the new planets will be implemented this year. dunno if cryengine2 also

I think the ships will be used, also because of then MA makes Spacepirates happend, by 'we' acutally fly between two worlds and someone else has a "pirate"-ship and start shooting at hus (this wont happend this year..)

And yes it might be "Selling tickets to CK 300peds *4seats left*" but then again, the decay would be crazy and prolly you "move" to another world, and not as for cnd/cp you just get up on friday and down on sunday.

isn't spacepirates just something NeverDie made up? :silly2:

Notice how the ships already have turrets, so I think there will be some added bonuses for pilots.

the new planets will be implemented this year. dunno if cryengine2 also

no....

CE2 - 2009, possibly 2008.
First planets - 2009, no earlier.

Just got to thinking (I know, right? :laugh: couldn't resist) what will this do to the price of oil? Do I smell an investment opportunity here? Damn, now if only I could get some money to buy some... :rolleyes:

no....

CE2 - 2009, possibly 2008.
First planets - 2009, no earlier.

no

" Next Island’s revolutionary virtual world will launch later this year. But you don’t have to wait—you can win free gifts, choose and learn your virtual career, bid on a celebrity, and make new friends NOW. "

Just got to thinking (I know, right? :laugh: couldn't resist) what will this do to the price of oil? Do I smell an investment opportunity here? Damn, now if only I could get some money to buy some... :rolleyes:

And then they implement ships using other fuel and the oil price drops :D lol
(could happen!)

no

" Next Island’s revolutionary virtual world will launch later this year. But you don’t have to wait—you can win free gifts, choose and learn your virtual career, bid on a celebrity, and make new friends NOW. "

really? because MA said that the first planets will launch in 2009.... oh well :rolleyes:

maybe they meant the other first planets? ;)

really? because MA said that the first planets will launch in 2009.... oh well :rolleyes:

maybe they meant the other first planets? ;)

yep Marco said the new planets will be released in 2009

Back