Question: Will this affect Entropia?

It already has, people in Sweden can't buy the keys to open the boxes. I assume this would possibly only affect other people in Sweden buying boxes/keys from non-swedish games.

Doubt it. You get the exact value of strongboxes for what you pay,

Lootboxes as mentioned in the article doesnt. You can pay 10 USD and receive cents back. Or several hundres of thousands.

Most common thing they will investigate is CS skins and how you loot those, they are essentially pure gambling.

Imagine if you opened Strongboxes (not lootboxes) in entropia, and you could receive nothing, or 150 000 peds.

Mindark has already blocked you from purchasing Strongboxes in Sweden. So I doubt they will be part of the investigation.

If they wanted to fix it, could just buy keys with peds with 10pec surcharge or something.. or better yet, none at all.

It's there for a different reason. Far as I know, swedes haven't been able to buy boxes for a while now.

I mean there is still the "addiction" effect they are hunting.
While opening a strongbox you have the potential to get a ring worth 10,000ped.

Its just a curious tought and lets see what will become of this new hunt for addiction lootboxes goes. Perhaps more countries will take after? What do we do then?
Adding rings in loot perhaps? :D

Each loot event, be it snablesnot or the Hussk, is a gamble from 25% minimum return to 1.000 or 5.000-fold.

Let sleeping dogs lie.

(I bet my ass the Hussk is capped low...)

I mean there is still the "addiction" effect they are hunting.
While opening a strongbox you have the potential to get a ring worth 10,000ped.

Its just a curious tought and lets see what will become of this new hunt for addiction lootboxes goes. Perhaps more countries will take after? What do we do then?
Adding rings in loot perhaps? :D
Probably just add the key Blueprints back in loot like we already did before MindArk removed them to manipulate player activity back toward Mayhem or whatever the reason was.

Each loot event, be it snablesnot or the Hussk, is a gamble from 25% minimum return to 1.000 or 5.000-fold.

Let sleeping dogs lie.

(I bet my ass the Hussk is capped low...)
Looting only 1 mob is random, looting 10,000 snabelsnot is nott gamble therfor hunting is not gamble. ;)

Doubt it. You get the exact value of strongboxes for what you pay,

Lootboxes as mentioned in the article doesnt. You can pay 10 USD and receive cents back. Or several hundres of thousands.

Most common thing they will investigate is CS skins and how you loot those, they are essentially pure gambling.

Imagine if you opened Strongboxes (not lootboxes) in entropia, and you could receive nothing, or 150 000 peds.

Mindark has already blocked you from purchasing Strongboxes in Sweden. So I doubt they will be part of the investigation.

I'm not sure this holds to be honest. The truth is that the skins are of 0 Value there is no primary value of them to the company your purchase the box from. It is the secondary player market that makes some of them worth thousands.

Ditto for entropia where the secondary market makes some of the boxes a lot more valuable than others. The one thing that entropia is doing in it's favour is that there is a minimum primary value on those strongboxes that is equal to the cost of the key that it takes to open said boxes.

It could have an effect on EU if they decide to create regulations where age is the important thing.
Lets say they create laws so one have to be 18yrs old and use BankID (or similar) to identify
when we log in and buy stuff, Swedish EU players will then be able to buy keys again, if MA decide
to use BankID (or similar).

It could have an effect on EU if they decide to create regulations where age is the important thing.
Lets say they create laws so one have to be 18yrs old and use BankID (or similar) to identify
when we log in and buy stuff, Swedish EU players will then be able to buy keys again, if MA decide
to use BankID (or similar).
I dont belive the laws are aiming to be for player of 18+. I belive they are aiming to make it illigal to remove addiction lootboxes and creates. Its a fishing strategy made by gaming companies and there has to be a regulation with buying stuff ingame.

Back