Will this game be here 1 year from today?

What is the Future?

• MA sells all and just programs..end game, we win...

Votes: 36 11.5%
  • MA sells all and just programs..end game, we lose...

Votes: 17 5.4%
  • MA sells out of all the planets and end game, we win?

Votes: 25 8.0%
  • MA sells out of all the planets and end game, we lose?

Votes: 13 4.2%
  • MA is Belly Up and does not matter, GAME OVER!! (kiss your peds, bye bye)

Votes: 71 22.7%
  • A new Golden Age where all will make peds?//

Votes: 151 48.2%

• Total voters
Agree. And we can take it even further: There is a difference of understanding
a financial report, and understanding the reality behind a financial report.
Numbers are one thing. Imo, the interesting part is what type of actions
were done, that led to these numbers.

There were actually a part in that report, that cought my interest. :)

It is also good to have understanding of the local taxes and laws. As an example we could take the castle. Any money left on the bank-account at the end of the year is considered profit and means you'll have to pay taxes. Unless you invest the money, in which case you can sell parts of the investment whenever you need your funds again.

For those of ou who doesnt know swedish, the quote from the report in the post above says that MA is looking to start three business-projects. All theese projects are supposed to bring money to MA. It also says that a least one needs to be finished during the autumn in order to ensure that MA can keep running. The board-members are convinced that they will succeed with this.

Two pointers:

1, That is far more scary than MA selling parts of the business

2. MA is no longer game-developers, but more of a investment-group.

It is also good to have understanding of the local taxes and laws. As an example we could take the castle. Any money left on the bank-account at the end of the year is considered profit and means you'll have to pay taxes. Unless you invest the money, in which case you can sell parts of the investment whenever you need your funds again.

For those of ou who doesnt know swedish, the quote from the report in the post above says that MA is looking to start three business-projects. All theese projects are supposed to bring money to MA. It also says that a least one needs to be finished during the autumn in order to ensure that MA can keep running. The board-members are convinced that they will succeed with this.

Two pointers:

The same financial report also states the following.

1. Next island is expected to launch this summer
2. CKI is expected to launch in the fall

i guess SEE virtual worlds, would be the distant third one.

The same financial report also states the following.

1. Next island is expected to launch this summer
2. CKI is expected to launch in the fall

i guess SEE virtual worlds, would be the distant third one.
I think the 3rd is the sale of all rights over Calypso. ;)

Isn't it better to do changes so more people stay instead, than only trying
to bring in new all the time? New are more than welcome to, ofc. :)
I mean where's the problem?
If it comes some changes so it fit all of those that can't adjust and adapt,
it will bring in more PED to EU. For the rest... it's just a question to
adjust and adapt, isn't it? :)

I agree but i think it's impossible to make everyone happy. A established person in EU has more chances to have a negative result from changes then a noob like me.

Sometimes ppl on the forum talk about a 'nerf'. In my experiance they never did that,

A nerf is when they change the stats or value of something, apart from some bugs that have influence on PED cycling (autotool for example) i never seen anything like that,

FPC does not favor anyone! Loot is is not something that gets approval of a actual person from MA or FPC, The idea that some ppl spread about FPC favoring certain persons (lootwize) makes me sick and it has a real bad influence because some ppl actually beleive those threads.

Ok i'm going a bit offtopic but the point i want to make is that we as EU community are also responsible for the future of our game.

I agree but i think it's impossible to make everyone happy. A established person in EU has more chances to have a negative result from changes then a noob like me.

Sometimes ppl on the forum talk about a 'nerf'. In my experiance they never did that,

A nerf is when they change the stats or value of something, apart from some bugs that have influence on PED cycling (autotool for example) i never seen anything like that,

FPC does not favor anyone! Loot is is not something that gets approval of a actual person from MA or FPC, The idea that some ppl spread about FPC favoring certain persons (lootwize) makes me sick and it has a real bad influence because some ppl actually beleive those threads.

Ok i'm going a bit offtopic but the point i want to make is that we as EU community are also responsible for the future of our game.
Yep, more or less impossible to please every customer. But with a system
that doesn't create extreme values, both negative and positive, will be
more trusted of the majority. Less will quit, if they can play more.
But some will quit no matter what, due to EU isn't what they thought it
would be, due to hype or whatever the reason is.

Imo, they 'nerf', or adjust, the system quite often. If you have certain
value after combining all parts in the equation, and then suddenly change
just one part of all included, the end will become different.
Nothing odd with this, since if a value is wrong, it has to be changed
to work properly.
Been in EU since aug 2003 and I have seen some 'nerfs', some they
informed us about, others not.

If people just use common sense, a lot of "problems" would never occur.
But not too much common sense, since it isn't too hard to figure it out
that the vast majority must lose in the long run, otherwise.... bye bye EU! :D ;)

I'm a 60 year old man that has made a lot of Real Money in Real Life...

Don't try to teach your grandpa how to suck eggs....

The poll is asking other players what they think...

Go back and review all your posts for the last year or two. It's all negative crap. It's not surprising to see you post this poll. You've done some major egg sucking. That's what this player thinks.

I avoid the forums for the most part due to people like you who are constantly trying to get people to get on board with your little train trip to doom. The poll is just a thinly masked cover to the real objective. It's old. It's immature. 60 years old, unfortunately, does not always mean wisedom.

(Bleah, I had to take a peek at the forums.... what a waste of time.)

Two pointers:

To clearify, the three "projects" they are talking about are, the 70/30 deal with one of the planet partners, the sell of the rights of planet Calypso and the sell of the estate in germany. One of this "must" succeed in 2010 to secury enough money.

And MA are still very much a developer of the EU platform :)

To clearify, the three "projects" they are talking about are, the 70/30 deal with one of the planet partners, the sell of the rights of planet Calypso and the sell of the estate in germany. One of this "must" succeed in 2010 to secury enough money.

And MA are still very much a developer of the EU platform :)

Hmm where did you get that from? I haven't read the full report but the part quoted says that it is three independent projects that all will generate a cashflow.

Selling the estate will only give MA money once, not a cashflow.

Hmm where did you get that from? I haven't read the full report but the part quoted says that it is three independent projects that all will generate a cashflow.

Selling the estate will only give MA money once, not a cashflow.

At page seven after they have talked about the three "projects", they say:
"Det finns således tre fristående pågående affärsprojekt som var för sig kan komma att generera kassaflöde. Minst ett av dessa projekt eller motsvarande måste slutföras under hösten för att
säkerställa koncernens fortsatta drift. Det är styrelsens bedömning att så kommer att ske."

"There are therefore three separate ongoing business projects, each of which may generate cash flow. At least one of these projects or the equivalent must be completed in the autumn to ensure the Group's continuing operations. The Board believes that that is the case"

The "therefore" should be read as in "as you can see above".
And selling an estate and convering it to money as indead a cash flow, you are convering an non monetary asset to money, a "cash flow".

Sorry?

Every option in the poll involves MA selling out.

They posted that they are selliong FPC or at least the planet...

So, it does look like there are selling out of at least running planets..

Your point?

Seoul

Sorry, but most say in most you are wrong...

Just a few points I would like to make:

1.Poll options were not well thought out. Other than in this forum, the options for this poll would never see the light of day. I would say this is the first poll ever created by the OP.(I could be wrong)

2. OP is Not a 60 Year old man. People of different generations use language slightly different.

3. A friend once told me that this game was made for the haves, not the have-nots.

4. This game as old as it is now, is still revolutionary in that it is based on a RCE. No other game that is as entertaining as this one offers the "thrill of victory and agony of defeat" like this.

5. IPO-Initial Public Offering

6. OP may not be here in a year, but this game sure will.

Rad

I was born 4 months after the Korean War started...I fought in my own war, in the Nam...I've raised 3 children and seen one die; in his war. I've lived my life and am ...at peace with it...not happy, but at peace...

Don't know what crystle ball you looked into to say im' not 60 years old, but that is neither here or there...there are several other games, that can not be named here that offer a RCE...as for the IPO, that has be 'promised' for a few years...as for me being here in a year, you may well be right, I may not be, but my avatar will be...wills are a wonder thing, and my grand son, is just begging to take it over...

Go figure..

Seoul

Last edited:
I was born 4 months after the Korean War started...I fought in my own war, in the Nam...I've raised 3 children and seen one die; in his war. I've lived my life and am ...at peace with it...not happy, but at peace...

Don't know what crystle ball you looked into to say im' not 60 years old, but that is neither here or there...there are several other games, that can not be named here that offer a RCE...as for the IPO, that has be 'promised' for a few years...as for me being here in a year, you may well be right, I may not be, but my avatar will be...wills are a wonder thing, and my grand son, is just begging to take it over...

Go figure..

Seoul

all the other games that offer a RCE are shit.

They posted that they are selliong FPC or at least the planet...

So, it does look like there are selling out of at least running planets..

Your point?

Seoul

The problem is that when you say "selling out - end game", it sounds that MA is shutting down EU, and that is not the case. For us it don't matter much if MA or their owned companies own a planet or not. The main function of MA is to develop and support the EU platform and the planetpartners at that have not changed.

The problem is that when you say "selling out - end game", it sounds that MA is shutting down EU, and that is not the case. For us it don't matter much if MA or their owned companies own a planet or not. The main function of MA is to develop and support the EU platform and the planetpartners at that have not changed.

I posted 6 options..3 good and 3 bad..

Perhaps with the loss of people being able to read, many lost what I was saying...only in the last bad did I say the sky was falling, run! The total point of the post was to get some feed back on what other players think is in strore in the future.

Seoul

no, in 1 year we will be on planet mars surrounded by giant ants and a war of 20 years will start.

I posted 6 options..3 good and 3 bad..

Perhaps with the loss of people being able to read, many lost what I was saying...only in the last bad did I say the sky was falling, run! The total point of the post was to get some feed back on what other players think is in strore in the future.

Seoul

well... the first five are "end game" at that i see as bad?? :scratch2:

Yeah, what is this "end game" about?!

Entropia has never been in a better position for growing strong. The future is brighter than it has ever been!

When the economic crisis is under control (i gues 5 years from now), EU is gonna get big..

So yes, i think it will be here 1 year from now.

Best game of the Year 2011!

When the economic crisis is under control (i gues 5 years from now), EU is gonna get big..

So yes, i think it will be here 1 year from now.

Yes, I belive too that the future of the game will be brighter... but I not so sure that the future of the community will be the same... The life in entropia is very expensive and will be more expansive... this is my feeling! :cool:

There is no end game and there is no option to win.

MA has never been interested in game developping, only creating a trade platform and being the exchange man-in-the-middle. The question only is if it will remain entertaining yes or no.

Yeah, what is this "end game" about?!

Entropia has never been in a better position for growing strong. The future is brighter than it has ever been!

end game = In the end?

i.e. Bob hits Harry; end game, Harry falls down.

Simple Idea...

Seoul:scratch2:

Why is there no, "business as usual" option in this poll, even though that is the most likely eventuation?

ofcourse it will be here...

I haven't read past the first page, but I refuse to vote.

Honestly - 400 options for MA selling everything, and one option for another Golden Age.

What about the planet that's JUST BEEN LAUNCHED!!!!

What about the other planet partner agreements?

What about the well-financed companies that are building planets?

There's money coming into this game, and consolidation of assets. I reckon we should be getting ready for growth.

But in any case, it's a ridiculous poll. For God's sake.

Back