Question: Will this lappy be enough to run pe at max?

WildChild

Dominant
Society
Global Alliance
Alexi WildChild Sonna
MSI GE70 2OE-011NE

CPU: i7-4700QM
GPU: GTX765M 2GB
8gb of ram, 1tb HDD and 128gb SSD (Where I will store Windows and pe)

I'm wondering this since im about to buy said laptop and I'm pretty damn certain I can max pe, yet I just got a strange feeling that maybe I can't?

Regards

Edit: Just move along; nothing to see here. The info in this post is WRONG!!!!!!!! For for my defense I was practically unconscious at the time; The following info was from running Entropia on the integrated Intel graphics :p

I do not think it will run max in fullscreen, native resolution.

I just got myself a GT70 2OC-050NE, same CPU, only difference is it got GTX 770M - 3 GB, and it really struggles on HIGH, have to turn down post-processing and shading to get above 15FPS. Have not tried the "Hybrid Power Boost"-function yet, but doubt it will make that much difference.

Edit: And by the way, in a few VU's a 128 gig disk will be too small for both Windows and Entropia.

Last edited:
have to turn down post-processing and shading to get above 15FPS.

This makes me really REALLY sad to hear.. I mean, on my desktop im running with i5 2500k and GTX 570 on ultra without issues..

Welp, Maybe pe is just simply graphics hungry as hell.. Doubt It's the CPU's fault..

Im not very up to date with laptops or computers in general nowdays, but I was planing to get myself a MSI GS70 Stealth next month or so, but maybe there would be other better alternatives out there for me, since all I was planing to do with that laptop is mainly gaming?

What do you think, who have simular MSI machines already? Is AlienWare or anyone else making better gaming laptops in the same pricerange?

Welp, Maybe pe is just simply graphics hungry as hell.. Doubt It's the CPU's fault..

Believe you hit the nail there. Just had time for like 15 minutes ingame yet, 'cos spent the first 16hrs after i got it fighting with UEFI to replace the 1 750gig hd with two 3,5" SSD's (I got a model with no factory installed ssd). Gonna dig a little deeper after some sleep and check CPU/GPU load +test "Hybrid Power"

Believe you hit the nail there. Just had time for like 15 minutes ingame yet, 'cos spent the first 16hrs after i got it fighting with UEFI to replace the 1 750gig hd with two 3,5" SSD's (I got a model with no factory installed ssd). Gonna dig a little deeper after some sleep and check CPU/GPU load +test "Hybrid Power"

Report back with your findings here then!

Btw, what fps did you get at high gfx? :p

Im not very up to date with laptops or computers in general nowdays, but I was planing to get myself a MSI GS70 Stealth next month or so, but maybe there would be other better alternatives out there for me, since all I was planing to do with that laptop is mainly gaming?

What do you think, who have simular MSI machines already? Is AlienWare or anyone else making better gaming laptops in the same pricerange?

While this is partly a guess until I've checked CPU/GPU load I would believe the trick is a model with GF780M (or bigger if that exist) I'll get back with something more conclusive when I've had time to check whats going on inside this thing.

OK - Correction, It might well work.

For for my defense I was practically unconscious; I have been running Entropia on he integrated Intel graphics :p

I get 30-45 fps in VERY HIGH when all power saving settings are put to maximum performance.:yay::yay::yay:

OK - Correction, It might well work.

For for my defense I was practically unconscious; I have been running Entropia on he integrated Intel graphics :p

I get 30-45 fps in VERY HIGH when all power saving settings are put to maximum performance.:yay::yay::yay:

This makes me wet! AWESOOOOOME

i have a much lower speced laptop that goes with me on travels, and that has no problem in running EU, not on max ofc but decent enough.

Should be efficent to run it on High / Very High with Shading (in worst case) just put down in advance option to High / Medium.

Problem with laptops 2day is the room they have for GFX cards. I c more and more laptop users focusing on gaming removing the CD-rom so they can put more juice into it.

All in all it can slow down abit on the multitasking part due to the RAM. But shouldnt be noticed though. (Flash just requires a shit-ton of memory)

And if the laptop comes preinstalled. Re-install it without any of the "trial programs" etc that usually comes installed / are on the disk. Feel they are such a pain when slowing comps down. (Or just disable them not to startup with windows)

These news makes me VERY happy!

Back