Will you go invisible when we have new chat system?

GeorgeSkywalker

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
George Ace Skywalker
Been wondering what will happen when MA introduce the new chat system which apparently has new features one of which allows you to go into invisible mode.

So how many will go invisible on your friends list?

and how many players will panic and start making threads about low number of players and how most of their friends don't log in anymore? :coffee:

Hopefully the majority will appreciate the new feature and offline messages i.e. respond to messages when they want rather than immediately...

Before it happens no need to ponder on it. :wise:

yeah, the words 'when' and 'MA' are in curious juxtaposition. The only word that seems realistic along with those words is 'nerf'.....

Invisibility is the next phase of not being supposed to know how many people are online at any one time... but being able to leave messages in-game is a positive I guess! - if MA does it ....

I don't have a guilty conscience.
But those who do will.

I don't have a guilty conscience, but see no reason NOT to be invisible given the option.

Maybe then my society will stop saying "hello" to me every time I log in.

Invisibility is the next phase of not being supposed to know how many people are online at any one time...

I doubt very much that is the reason for that feature. Many online chat apps have that feature e.g. skype. They usually have more options like busy but then again they are dedicated chat programs.

Hopefully with EU we will have other such features but will probably take a long time. It's still a good move forward because more options make our experience in EU better, more enjoyable and more productive.

I would use that option when I want to go hunting because then I can concentrate fully on my hunting. As it is now I can spend a long time answering pm's before I even get a chance to start hunting and then have to stop hunting to answer more pm's. I find it difficult to chat and hunt. So hopefully that feature will allow me to hunt in peace and not offend people.

Wow you mean the chat will have features they perfected in Instant messenger almost a decade ago?

And we don't even know when it will happen?

Truly MA are the innovators of online gaming interaction. I wonder what they'll think of next.
Maybe a chat option in which you can speak to everyone in a world in one chat feature.

But I know they are still MA not wizards.

I doubt very much that is the reason for that feature. Many online chat apps have that feature e.g. skype. They usually have more options like busy but then again they are dedicated chat programs.

Hopefully with EU we will have other such features but will probably take a long time. It's still a good move forward because more options make our experience in EU better, more enjoyable and more productive.

I would use that option when I want to go hunting because then I can concentrate fully on my hunting. As it is now I can spend a long time answering pm's before I even get a chance to start hunting and then have to stop hunting to answer more pm's. I find it difficult to chat and hunt. So hopefully that feature will allow me to hunt in peace and not offend people.

Great, someone who believes that a dead horse which has rotted away into a skeleton will service them much better with a saddle nearly a decade after the fact.

I will go invisible sometimes i really don't give a shit what is happening with your wife kids dog car cat neighbor work.

Why not permanently? Please :girl:

Because there is just to much money to be made here, Don't worry when this gets implemented you won't see me in your fl anymore i will go invisible!

Its probably perfect when you want to do instances

its what i have been wanting for years,
i dont want to be rude,so i answer all pm-s,but when i am hunting..its sometimes a pain in the ass to shoot/fap/chat at the same time,
on some mobs it dont matter..but at mobs where i have to fap i would love an opportunity to switch my status to "busy,dont disturb please"

I will not.

But I would like to know what countermeasures to scammers being invisble they designed into the system.

Even if MA announced it i dont belive they will do it.
So every one who want to hunt in peace will continue to do it as usually in team with each time random name to avoid tracking and ava name on globals in chat window and not answering on messages aka you were in game but afk.
With upcoming offline messaging that shud be fine, you check all pms and answer on them after hunt.

Last edited:
Its probably perfect when you want to do instances

I don't understand. PMs don't just pop up by themselves, you have to click them. If you're doing an instance, you can just ignore the shiny light-orange box ? (Unless you're a toreador and it's too hard to resist :D)

This game is highly-based on dealing with others - it's an economy, I don't see the point of going invis, it defeats the purpose of being on EU. Someone might want to buy/sell/need something, and if i'm on EU, even if I'm afk, i'd like that PM. :)

But I guess if people are all into love triangles and the shadow cloak and dagger stuff, then yeah that invis feature comes in handy :D LET US HIDE

I don't understand. PMs don't just pop up by themselves, you have to click them. If you're doing an instance, you can just ignore the shiny light-orange box ? (Unless you're a toreador and it's too hard to resist :D)

True but some people like myself have a tendency to answer all as they arrive. It's a bit like when you get a telephone call - it must be answered!

If you delay answering or not answering some people can get really annoyed by that which is understandable. I once tried that as an experiment since other people ignore my pm's and such why can't I ? :) It didn't work out all that great some people were ok with it others were quite annoyed.

If the game has busy/afk and invisible options would make it easier and is more acceptable.

The real question is when to use busy and invisible. I'd use busy I guess rather than invisible.

I think not, most of people on my friendlist are there for a reason.
If you have a crafter friend you know he may be afk more often than an hunter will be.
If i don't reply immediatly they understand why.
However i don't know how wll be the new chat. If it allow a new level of social aspect and allow one to join group, i may choose to be invisible for some if it isn't a requirement to be visible.
As usual it all depends on MA do it, we will find out before taming at least:yay:

what 'options -> privacy -> share online status' doesn´t work or? :confused:

It do not work with all on FL.

For invisible option - it cud work only if MA apply it also on globals , hofs and ctd or log off / log on.

Wud be silly to be invisible - ie not in game and global so anyone can see that you hunted and globaled or crash a lot and all ppl on FL get message that you left game or loged in after.

Probably MA will be wery creative with invisibility option.

*Attention, probably account hacked - dude is offline (invisible) and someone is biding on auction with his name right now lol.

Last edited:
It do not work with all on FL.

For invisible option - it cud work only if MA apply it also on globals , hofs and ctd or log off / log on.

Wud be silly to be invisible - ie not in game and global so anyone can see that you hunted and globaled or crash a lot and all ppl on FL get message that you left game or loged in after.

Probably MA will be wery creative with invisibility option.

*Attention, probably account hacked - dude is offline (invisible) and someone is biding on auction with his name right now lol.

Though it doesn't occur often, it would be impossible to remain invisible for a discovery hof. Personally I think a 'busy' 'afk' 'away' setting is enough, and finding solutions for the invisible "issues" is more trouble than it's worth.

*an invisible player* discovered item xxx an entry has been made to the hall of fame.

not impossible.

Does this mean you can be invisible and still see what other ppl say? Spying your own soc and watch if they say something about you? :eyecrazy:

Well anyways i dont like the idea.

Those who cant be without clicking open that pm box middle of hunt, how you can be invisible and wonder if you missed something?:scratch2:

No

(too short)

Back