Question: Will you recreate your EF account and stay?

Will you recreate EF account and stay here?

• Yes

Votes: 24 23.5%
  • NO

Votes: 42 41.2%
  • Use both forums

Votes: 36 35.3%

• Total voters
ignore this,

Last edited:
Um

The whole of EF is being renamed PCF

That's the only change, so I can see no reason to create a "new" account on a forum that won't exist

What becomes of EntropiaForum.com?
It should be made clear that FPC has not acquired the EntropiaForum.com website or domain name, only the forum database and content. Two to three weeks after the PCF transition, EntropiaForum.com will be relaunched as an entirely new EU community focused on all of the current, planned and future Planet Partners within EntropiaUniverse. Once relaunched, re-registration will be required to participate as a member of the newly refocused and redesigned EntropiaForum.com.

Please the bold, and the part that said, "Once relaunched, re-registration will be required to participate as a member of the newly refocused and redesigned EntropiaForum.com."

dandy

What becomes of EntropiaForum.com?
It should be made clear that FPC has not acquired the EntropiaForum.com website or domain name, only the forum database and content. Two to three weeks after the PCF transition, EntropiaForum.com will be relaunched as an entirely new EU community focused on all of the current, planned and future Planet Partners within EntropiaUniverse. Once relaunched, re-registration will be required to participate as a member of the newly refocused and redesigned EntropiaForum.com.

Please the bold, and the part that said, "Once relaunched, re-registration will be required to participate as a member of the newly refocused and redesigned EntropiaForum.com."

dandy

Oh ya, you should have quoted that in your OP, I didn't bother reading the whole other thread :p

Anyway my answer is still no :p, in the same way I see no purpose to joining the RT website, or the same reason I don't see a need to join entropiaplanets, I imagine most content will be doubleposted

One is already too much to read ontop of my other geeky/guilty pleasures

Seriously, how many forums does one game need? I can't even remember all of them anymore.

Yes, I will ... it will be interesting to see just how 711 restructures EF, and what his "all universe" content will look like. From a media perspective, I am interested in all Planet Partners, not just Planet Calypso, which I have been a part of and reported on for over 5-1/2 years one way or another. This might be a unique gathering place in that respect, and I as a media person don't want to miss out on that.

Granted ... I am a solid member of the EntropiaPlanets forum where I head up the Media Center, but I think there's room for information sharing across all forums that will be beneficial to the community as a whole. EP has had recent cooperation with MA and Planet Partners with regard to our efforts in developing and presenting a new Entropia magazine, for which we are very appreciative. I can share with you that this relationship is growing and will be evident in future magazine issues.

Therefore ... from a personal perspective, I'm not inclined to remove myself from a potentially valuable resource that would allow us to continue the journey that we only just began. The E-Team at EntropiaPlanets appreciates that 711 allows us to post intro threads to our front page news at EF which helps to keep the community informed. Going forward, there is hope that cooperation across all forums will serve the community collectively.

So ya ... I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. :D However, I do respect the fact that it's all about choice, and how much time you have to devote to your reading pleasure. ;)

, I imagine most content will be doubleposted

I guess most of the content (Selling, Buying, Services, Events, ......) will be duplicated as many times as there are forums with the exception of exclusive content for each planet.

EF
EP
PCF
Planet a Forum
Planet b Forum
Planet c Forum
Planet d Forum
Planet e Forum

I'll use PCF for sure because Calypso is where I lived until now. I'll also want to use a "universal" forum like EF or EP.

For me, 3 forum's accounts is more than enough for only "1" game. I wont register at all and every Planet's Forums for sure.

I'll just (re)activate and see which forum I feel most at home with in the end.

I will resign up here again, but to be honest I am rather wary to have just another forum, especially for the other planets, I couldnt care less about them. I am a calypsian by heart, no need to go anywhere for me so I guess I will have to use the official forum soon, even though it is an official one...

to be honest I dunno.

FOr one EP filled the all planets gap already so after the transfer of EF ->PCF why need a second general forum anyway.

I also believe that all official content goes the the planet forums the devs create like neverdie.com and now PCF also. So making two accounts there for two planets make sense.

So having PCF,neverdie and then EP should sound as enough forums for one game ( excluding forums about the game focused on other languages)

That said I give 711 the support for re-creating a new forum

If you have a look at other games you'll see most of them have an official forum which is owned by the company and one or more forum which is made on an indipended base (community).

In most cases the "indipended" has more traffic as the official one.

It is good to have an official one from now on, but I think there is a need to have another one, not to close connected to the company. No matter if it will be the re-launched entropiaforum.com, entropiaplants.com or a completly new one.

I'm so uninterested in whatever planets may come out that I'm not bothering with making a new EF account. All I'm ever playing is Calypso.

Btw... Planet Michael now? lol...

I think I'll just keep using 'this' forum (current content and users) whatever domain-name it has.

Unless it's gets fucked up or heavy censoring kicks in by FPC in I will keep using this one forum.

I have no intention of getting my account and posts be sold more than once, so no, I will not be keeping a presence on the reinvented EF.

sign to the new forum ... reading keeps me away from wasting PED`s within EU :p

One is already too much to read ontop of my other geeky/guilty pleasures

Exactly!

all the good stuff will got to the new forum.

i dont have time for 2,3,4....or more forums. Therefore i will be always on biggest one , with most ppl and most of all content. All nationale EU forums are low trafic ones, and most of contest is duplicated. Therefor i stay on one official, biggest...simply the best :D

no why should i fund a sell out with more of my clicks on adds ( dont blame him AFAIK that's how he makes his money and it's probabely FPC who approched him). i'll use the official forum and any other 3rd party forum ( not this one)

TBH i am quit pissed off that we are having our data transferd to a planet partner forum.

i liek the idea of having one account for all planets like we do ingame !!!!!

Last edited:
Actually EF.com is the most used from me. As it moves completely to PCF, I will stay with PCF, as there is all information and all the drama, complaints, critics, science aso aso I need every here and then.

There is no need for me to be active in a second forum.

Well I have accounts at some other forums too, but rarly use them, and don´t regularly read them.

Biggest comunity is right here, soon on PCF.

I dont know. I dont see any real advantage of moving. Ppl want answers directly from MA. If MA really wanted to facilitate that, they would had done that here...before the move, I dont know what ppl think will change. MA communicates like a silent fart in a closed elevator. By the time you realize what the message really was, ppl are choking and clawing to get outta the door. And at what cost shall the wall of silence be ran? $30k+ to have a spin doctor talk around the questions? 711 should post in the HoF section how much he got, so we can grtz him and move on.

I think I'll just keep using 'this' forum (current content and users) whatever domain-name it has.

Unless it's gets fucked up or heavy censoring kicks in by FPC in I will keep using this one forum.

Yeah my thought also ;)

Its really weird for me to use 2 forums (to much information) so lets forget! 3 :laugh:
But yeah if "this forum" is fucked up i will use the new EF again.

Also it really find it sad that whe will lose this forum.
But the owner (711) has seen big $ in his eye's i think.

well let's hope on a bright future :yay:

Greetz

It's just really funny that 711 cybersquatted the name in the first place, then grew the community, and now MA is paying him to not have to upgrade his server hardware to hold future information and old info too. In a roundabout way, the new forums is 711's old archives... it's all a bit odd. It all makes sense though, in a strange way, and is what the entire community was asking for on some level.

Most likely I will re-register on EF and use both forums.

Personally I feel this was the best move FPC could have done to start an official forum. A lot of content on EF should have been on a official forum anyway. Instead of starting new from scratch, they in a way jumped ahead by getting a lot of useful information. Now they only have to do the right thing now and not turn this forum in an over moderated official forum.

It’s an opportunity for FPC to make this forum one of the best official game forums around.
I would also advice all the FPC staff to read more often on this forum. At least read here to understand
what is going on in the community. A good sample would be Maxis, their dev staff frequently visited
unofficial forums and worked directly with the players that had good ideas. There is a lot of brain power
on this forum, FPC can use it to make Planet Calypso a great place, or just ignore it.
I would use the brain power. :laugh:

If done right, this forum can be a great tool for FPC. ;)

Last edited:
It all depends what happens to the EFD-growth fund really.
If it remains here I will post here now and then, but I also will need a "free" place that is not supervised by FPC
That could be Entropiaforum.com but since he's restarting from scratch, I guess I will go Entropiaplanets.com. It has more freedom anyway and a nice userbase. If the EFD is reinstated at EF and still has value, I will return to Ef (being the Efd-ho that I am)

Will you recreate your EF account? I cant, i have a new owner now.

Calypso is home. Unless there is some incredibly compelling reason to go back to what is now "the other forum", and I mean it would have to be something like a free dinner and drinks at Ruth's Chris steakhouse, Marco giving away *real* aircraft, etc... that place is dead to me.

Last edited:
i already write in 4 different forums in 4 different languages. More forums more pubblicity for entropiabay.com :p

Last edited:
Back