***WoF 2011 Judge Thread***

Italy vs. USA confirms their match for May 14th at 17:00MA.

Stage 4 Round 2 – Matches Confirmed so far...

Sat 14th May

1700 ITA vs USA / DACH vs FRA

Sun 15th May

0900 AUS vs BeN

1300 ENG v FIN

So, still waiting on confirmation of Slots for Wales v Canada, and Sweden vs Amethera. Please let we Judges know your intentions asap :thumbup:

There is Also the small matter of the play-off between BeNeLux and Sweden... There has been Some discussion of adding an extra slot, possibly 13:00 on Saturday 14th for this match, it would only be quick whatever they choose to do. I can be around for that one, if it goes ahead...

Last edited:
I have to hunt Saturday 1700. Hmmm ... Saturday 2100 could be difficault (*hic*). Last weekend little sister Kristin an me were bothering poor judges :(

I apologize for that.

I will be availible for both of the Sunday slots: 0900 and 1300.

IF we have to judge a special Saturday 1300 slot (Italy vs. USA) I can help out ;)
Some assistance would be very welcome!

Last edited:
Here's the deal with the Play-Off

Hello Team BeNeLux.

In the unprecendented case of your tie with Sweden I had to consult the rules from the whole WoF. Although I thought that Support Loot was counted in these instances this has never actually featured in the written rules.

Therefore the standing rule in the event of a Tie is to offer both teams a choice of event to decide the tie.

The events are:

Golden Global

or

Last Man Standing.

Team sizes: Up to 12 Main Team, agreed with your opponents to be equal in size to theirs.

Golden Global: Hunt a selected Mob next weekend in a spare slot until one team globals on it. That team wins the 100 points win bonus for the tied match.

Last Man Standing: Teams of equal number face each other in a PvP ring next weekend in a spare slot. The last avatar alive claims victory for their team and the 100 points win bonus.

Both teams must agree to the decision.
Both events should be short:)

Mob for the Golden Global withheld until event start.

Please post in the judges thread once you and your opponents have come to a decision.

Thanks,

Hurrikane

And here are some answers to some specific queries...

Golden Global

If the teams had carried on hunting for 5 minutes, there's every chance that there would not have been a tie. This is the reasoning behind ONE global takes it. Also concerns were expressed about Cost. This also addresses that concern...

The 2 teams will be of Equal number, made up of Existing Main Team Members. Maximum team size will be 11, yes Eleven. This is so that there's room for an embedded Judge... But they Must be Equal sized. If one team arrives with 11 players and the other can only summon 7, then Both teams will go out with 7 members...

The selected mob will Not be from the Stage 4 mob-list. The mob selection will be announced Just before the teams set off to hunt it, Not before you choose whether to select Hunt or Fight... You will only be required to global Once and First in order to win the 100 points. However, be assured that the mob will be selected Very carefully so as to ensure a bit of a Challenge, and hopefully to guard against one team globalling in just a couple of minutes, although this is of course a possibility...

Of course, there Is another option:

Last Man Standing

In a Last Man Standing battle, 2 Equal sized team stand face to face in a ring and Blaze away til only 1 team has men / a man left... a Fort would allow for too much eunning ducking and hiding and would notbe in the spirit of a LMS battle. Hurri tells me he's prepared to consider fort use in later WoFs, but not this time. Rules is Rules, after all... Same for everyone...

If you feel that 22 people in the ring would be silly then Fine, agree a smaller team with your opponents, or only turn up with the number of people you want to enter.

It is considered highly likely that both teams will opt to Hunt rather than Fight, but the option is there...

So, you have your options. Figure out what you Both want to do From The Available Options ;) and then post your agreement in the Judges Thread, please...

Oh, you may if you wish select a timeslot of 13:00 on Satuday 14th May if you wish. I can produce a Judge or 2...

And Good Luck :thumbup:

I'm free for either of the Saturday slots provided England isn't pew-pewing.

:tiphat:

Finland and England have agreed on Sunday 13:00 time slot.

Regards,
The-man-in-charge-for-this-round

Cheers man-in-charge-for-this-round

I'll update the list accordingly

:thumbup:

man-who-takes-a-turn-running-things-when-required

yer tis, as tis...

Sat 14th May

Sun 15th May

0900 AUS vs BeN

1300 ENG v FIN

So, still waiting on confirmation of Slots for Wales v Canada, and Sweden vs Amethera. Please let we Judges know your intentions asap :thumbup:

There is Also the small matter of the play-off between BeNeLux and Sweden... There has been Some discussion of adding an extra slot, possibly 13:00 on Saturday 14th for this match, it would only be quick whatever they choose to do. I can be around for that one, if it goes ahead...

Originally posted here; these are the scheduled matches for team sweden:

saturday 7/5 17:00 Benelux-Sweden
Sunday 15/5 13:00 Sweden-Amethera
Sunday 22/5 09:00 Australia-Sweden

As for the "golden global" (which it most likely will be, it's formally not yet decided but it seems to be the mose reasonable choice), we can't do it 13:00 sharp because that's when we have our match against Amethera. I also got the feeling most of our teammates doesn't want to lock saturday for it either (to lock a weekend day for a 10 minute event). I haven't talked to our teammates yet, but I wonder if it would be possible to sqeeze it in between the matches - 12:15 (Benelux' first match ends 12:00, our match begins 13:00, and beginning the event 12:15 would allow an estimated time of 30 minutes) for both teams to have a 15 minute break for debriefing/score counting and team setup.

(About not wanting to plan in an event on saturday when match is on sunday - ok, I was a bit selfish there - it's just my personal wish. If the rest of the swedish team wishes to do a team on middle of saturday I won't disallow it; I guess my personal attendence there wouldn't make any difference; I'm not a top hunter myself when it comes to killingspeed.)

Or maybe we can settle this at a later weekend? The next weekend, 22:nd, our match ends 12:00 so that weekend we are free to do it at 13:00 if it's fine with Benelux (I don't know the time for Benelux' match that weekend).

If I've got something wrong please shout. All times are MA times. Local Swedish time is +2 hours.

Last edited:
Just a remark:

Keep in mind: The scheduled time slots are:
Sunday 17:00 and 21:00
Saturday 01:00, 09:00 and 13:00

This Saturday 13:00 slot was a special offer. You need to confirm this with Hurri/Chopper.

Hurri decided to set fix time slots. And that's oaky. Please respect this! Either you can agree with your combatant at one of this time slots or you will be set to a slot the judges can serve.

Keep in mind that there has to be someone to manage all that. Since Hurri still has connection problems it's double hard. So keep the rules and settings please!

So what will we have at Sunday 09:00?
AUS vs. BEN or AUS vs. SWE??

Last edited:
Hurri decided to set fix time slots. And that's oaky. Please respect this! Either you can agree with your combatant at one of this time slots or you will be set to a slot the judges can serve.

Ah, ok sorry. Ok, I need to talk more to my team then to find out an alternative time which then must be on saturday, as Benelux have their match sunday at 09:00 (vs Australia?) and Sweden at sunday at 13:00 (vs Amethera).

Just a remark:

Keep in mind: The scheduled time slots are:
Sunday 17:00 and 21:00
Saturday 01:00, 09:00 and 13:00

This Saturday 13:00 slot was a special offer. You need to confirm this with Hurri/Chopper.

Keep in mind that there has to be someone to manage all that. Since Hurri still has connection problems it's double hard. So keep the rules and settings please!

So what will we have at Sunday 09:00?
AUS vs. BEN or AUS vs. SWE??

It's Aus vs. Ben this Sunday at 09:00....the other time listed in Aia's e-mail is an agreement for the following weekend match on the 22nd between Aus and Sweden.

Just think Aia is trying to suggest some alternatives to handling the tie breaker. I agree that it is unfair to ask both teams to show up for a short tiebreaker on Saturday when both of them are already in a match on Sunday. This is a special situation after all, I'm sure we can arrange some time for them to battle the tiebreaker on Sunday. I will be available any time that is necessary to officiate over the tie-breaker on Sunday if the teams agree to a time slot and it is agreeable to Hurrikane.

-Mack

Yup, similarly I can be around to assist Judging either In between the 2 Sunday slots, or immediately After the 13:00 slot, since I'm almost certainly gonna be around for both...

I should be available all over the weekend for the Tie Breaker judging, even during a match if need be. I appreciate it's something else for the teams to organise, I just want it resolved by the weekend:)

Sweden and beneLux just need to agree a time and date saturday or sunday and I'll be there, or will make sure someone else is. Either option should only require a short amount of your time.

Hurrikane

Team Canada and Team Wales confirmed for Saturday 21:00 slot :sniper:

Currently it looks like this :

Sat 14th May

2100 WAL v CAN

Sun 15th May

0900 AUS vs BeN

1300 ENG v FIN / SWE v AME

All are in, Round 2 is On. Oh it is So ON... :thumbup:

BeNeLux and Sweden have apparently agreed on 12:15 on Sunday 15th May, in between the 2 round 2 matches...

Should prove to be one helluva ding-dong Weekend :thumbup: :handgun:

Last edited:
Far as I know at this point I'm going to be home this weekend doing as little as possible mostly, so gimme a shout if a judge is needed (or if Wales needs an extra pea shooter Chop :yup:) and I'll try

PS: 711 give us back our WoF Judges icon! :poke:

I can judge saturday both times. will know about sunday sometime on saturday but probably the first 2 sunday hunts if so.

Team BeNeLux agrees with the Sunday 12:15 MA time for the golgden global hunt

Cheers
Siam

talked with the cafe owner, i have wifi for sunday so can judge the 9am and if really really needed the 13:00.

Results of timeslot voting of Team Finland:

87.50% says YES for sunday 13:00
75.00% says YES for saturday 17:00

so be sunday 13:00 our primary choice.

Finland and DACH agreed on Sunday 13h MA time.

Stage 4 Round 3

So, the exciting conclusions to Stage 4 are all happening This Weekend...

As far as I can tell, these are the agreed times slots so far...

Sat 21st May

1700 BeN vs AME

2100 USA vs WAL

Sun 22nd May

0900 AUS vs SWE

1300 FIN vs DACH

So, still waiting on confirmation of Slots for England vs France, and Italy vs Canada. Please let we Judges know your intentions asap :thumbup:

That means posting your Agreed time in the Judges Thread, please x

Last edited:
Sorry Chopper I could have sworn I already confirmed Australia v Sweden a week or two ago but its not in this thread so I mustn't have.

Aus v Swe 09:00MA Sunday.

Sorry Chopper I could have sworn I already confirmed Australia v Sweden a week or two ago but its not in this thread so I mustn't have.

Aus v Swe 09:00MA Sunday.

Thx Jod, I'll update the list :thumbup:

Also chopper.
We already played BeNeLux vs Sweden twice. One normal WoF match and the golden global match.
A 3rd time in the same round would be a bit much.

We are still negotiating for the match Amathera vs BeNeLux

Also chopper.
We already played BeNeLux vs Sweden twice. One normal WoF match and the golden global match.
A 3rd time in the same round would be a bit much.

We are still negotiating for the match Amathera vs BeNeLux

lol My bad... I meant BeN vs Amethera, of course...

I'll update the thing :thumbup:

Currently looks like THis:

Sat 21st May

1700 BeN vs AME

2100 USA vs WAL

Sun 22nd May

0900 AUS vs SWE

1300 FIN vs DACH

Still waiting on confirmation of Slots for England vs France, and Italy vs Canada.

hi,

France vs England will be Sunday 13h to 16h MA time.

ifuri

Back