***WoF 2012 SCORES & LATEST NEWS***

Hurrikane

Slayer
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Oscar Hurrikane SkyQuake
Here are the STAGE ONE Results, checked as best I can; if anyone has any corrections to suggest, better get them in soon; quickest way is to list the globals you think have been missed along with chat log or screenshot proof, then I can check them off against the logs I have.

STAGE ONE STANDINGS WoF 2012

1. Sweden 659
2. Finland 413
3. Australia 397
4. USA 359
5. DACH 358
6. France 317
7. BeNeLux 303
8. GB 298
9. ROCKTropia 293
10. Canada 283
11. Poland 232
12. Africa 167
13. Italy 105
14. Eudoria 91
15. Amethera 81​

STAGE REPORT: 15 teams took part. A WoF record for highest single loot was claimed by Team WoF Australia with a #1 HoF on a Rextelum worth 37k PED. FINLAND turned in one of the strongest performances of their WoF career. ROCKTropia made up for their first-round knockout last year by matching ex-champions USA for much of their hunt. AFRICA made a good debut. Current title-holders SWEDEN can claim the Stage though, with a stunning score far above the competition. Can they keep it up?

PROGRESSION:

With 15 Teams, progression works like this:

ALL TEAMS
play Qualifier B (Metal Weekend: Robot Round).

ALL TEAMS will then have a QUALIFYING TOTAL in the traditional sense (1 Stage Mobs+1 Stage Robots).

Teams will be placed in a SEEDED ORDER based on their Qualifying Totals.

This is what each position will bring you:

1st: Top Three, Exempt from Stage 3. Straight to Stage 4.
2nd: Top Three, Exempt from Stage 3. Straight to Stage 4.
3rd: Top Three, Exempt from Stage 3. Straight to Stage 4.

4th: Top Seed of Group A, Stage 3.
5th: Top Seed of Group B, Stage 3.
6th: Top Seed of Group C, Stage 3.

7th: Second Seed of Group A, Stage 3.
8th: Second Seed of Group B, Stage 3.
9th: Second Seed of Group C, Stage 3.

10th: Third Seed of Group A, Stage 3.
11th: Third Seed of Group B, Stage 3.
12th: Third Seed of Group C, Stage 3.

13th: Fourth Seed of Group A, Stage 3.
14th: Fourth Seed of Group B, Stage 3.
15th: Fourth Seed of Group C, Stage 3.

The top three teams do not have to participate in Stage 3.

The rest are in three groups of four.

Each plays 3 matches, one-on-one against each of the other three teams in their Group. Win Bonuses and Loot Bonuses apply, making each victory crucial in raising your Stage Total.

The lowest scoring team
(by Stage Total) in each Group is eliminated, leaving nine teams to join the top three qualifiers in Stage Four.

If anyone has any questions please ask here.

Oh, and to the kind offer of a graphical scoreboard; Yes please:) I'll post the scores like this as soon as I can but if anyone makes 'em look prettier I'll stick the graphics up too.

Thanks to everyone for an excellent weekend of WoFFing, especailly the Judges, Mack for his excel wizardry and the Teams who blew all those mobs away.

Next Stage is Metal Weekend: Details up now, in the Stage Two Moblist Thread. See you all there on the 8th/9th September.

Hurrikane

Last edited:
Canada above RT with less points. Is that right?

uhmmm, what is metal weekend?

Qualifier B, Stage Two of the WoF. All Teams to participate in order to achieve the second score to complete your Stage Total and decide your progression.

Moblist thread up in the stickies now.

Hurrikane

AAAGGHH!!!

Had a bad week.

Firstly, SORRY for not putting the scores up sooner.

I had my PC decide to die with all the data on it, and due to work/baby I've had no time to sort it out. My internet has also decided to start being useless; every time I've tried to come on PCF this week to apologise for the delay, I've been left staring at a 'Title of message' box with no message box underneath, and have to exit. Can't send email or post messages elewhere either, Youtube won;t run vids.... not happy, especially as I waited 18 months for them to install the damn line in the ifrst place. Have now bought new laptop and due to Aia and the rest of the Judges, I now have all the scores. So here we are, still with shitty internet but that shouldn't affect the tournament (I can log on elsewhere for the WoF weekends if they haven't fixed it).

So, without further ado;

SCORES from STAGE 2: Metal Weekend + Qualifying Totals

Team.................STAGE 1 SCORE STAGE 2 SCORE QUALIFIER TOTAL

SWEDEN......................659...................336....................995
USA............................359....................415...................774
FINLAND......................413....................330...................743
DACH..........................358....................372...................730
AUSTRALIA..................397....................315...................712
BeNeLux......................303....................259...................562
GB..............................298....................224...................522
CANADA......................283...................198....................481
ROCKTropia.................293....................178....................471
FRANCE......................317....................101....................418
POLAND......................232....................170....................402
AFRICA.......................167....................106....................273
ITALY..........................105....................145....................250
EUDORIA.....................91.......................32....................123
AMETHERA..................81........................0......................81

The Robots were not kind to us for this Stage; many found it hard to match their performances from Stage 1. Sweden keep their impressive lead, but further down the table several teams have been pushed down as their rivals claim their spots. Team USA, Team ITALY and Team DACH were the only ones to score higher in Stage 2 than Stage 1. FINLAND are showing their strength this year also, with a well-deserved third place. AMETHERA failed to field a team for the Stage 2 match and their participation is in question.

More to follow, am posting this in a rare moment of 'stable connection', hopefully it will last.

Thanks for your patience,

Hurrikane

Last edited:
AAAGGHH!!!
[...]Team USA and Team DACH were the only ones to score higher in Stage 2 than Stage 1. [...]

Italy too :ahh: if can call our result "score" :laugh:

Italy too :ahh: if can call our result "score" :laugh:

Ah yes, will correct. Don't be disheartened; many teams save their best til later:)

Also; Team Italy I think ALWAYS make it to Stage 4, be a shame to ruin the pattern:)

Hurrikane

***Important WoF Info, please read***

***IMPORTANT WoF NEWS***

Right, as Team Amethera seem to have pulled out, we are left with a different 'league table' of 14 teams.

I originally said we would allow the three top-scorers through to Stage 4 (skipping Stage 3), and then have the rest fight out Stage 3 in 3 groups of 4; with 14 teams this is no longer viable.

The best solution I can find is the schedule laid out below.

The SIX top-scoring teams are now granted a clear route to Stage 4, and do not have to hunt in Stage 3.

Those teams are: SWEDEN, USA, FINLAND, DACH, AUSTRALIA and BeNeLux.

The remaining EIGHT teams will hunt against each other in Stage 3. They will be placed into two groups of four, in seeded positions based on their Qualifying scores.

Those groups are as follows:

Stage 3

Group A

GB
ROCKTropia
Poland
Italy

Group B

Canada
France
Africa
Eudoria

These teams must eliminate the lowest scorers to allow the others to progress to Stage 4 and meet the top seeds.

The Hunt Calendar for Stage 3, and the rest of the tournament, is as follows:

Stage 3: In your face! (3 weekends)
OCTOBER 6th/7th, 13th/14th, 20th/21st

Stage 4: (3 weekends)
NOVEMBER 3rd/4th, 10th/11th, 17th/18th

Stage 5: Semi-Finals:
DECEMBER 1st

Final:
DECEMBER 15th

So, without further ado, here's the....

STAGE 3 MOBLIST and SCHEDULE​

(This will appear in it's own thread but it's here for reference purposes)

Only the lower 8 teams will hunt these matches:

Main Team (4 Hunters):

Falxangius Provider and above 10 points
Thorifoid Elder and above 9 points
Neconu (any) 8 points
Thorifoid Shaman and below 7 points
Allophyl (any) 6 points
Falxangius Young-Old 5 points

Support

Oculus (any) 4 points
Traeskeron (any) 3 points
Thorio (any) 2 points
Gradivore (any) 1 point

Bonus Mob

Thorofoid/Thorafoid (any) 25
Group Stage Special Bonuses:

Highest Loot (Main Team) of match: 15 points

Winning a Match: 100 points toward Stage Total.

Thanks to the ????? for being the main sponsors of this round; their LA's offer the following mobs;

Falxangius
Gradivore
Oculus
Thorio
Thorofoid
Thorafoid
Thorifoid

All can be found on ???????'s LA's.

And also thanks to Kendra of LA 48 for sponsoring the Allophyls, and to OLA 64 for the Neconu.

SCHEDULE:

Stage 3 ROUND ONE: OCTOBER 6th/7th

Group A: Team GB vs Team ITALY..........&......Team ROCKTropia vs Team POLAND

Group B: Team CANADA vs Team EUDORIA..&.....Team FRANCE vs Team AFRICA

Stage 3 ROUND TWO: OCTOBER 13th/14th

Group A: Team GB vs Team POLAND.......&......Team ROCKTropia vs Team ITALY

Group B: Team CANADA vs Team AFRICA....&......Team FRANCE vs Team EUDORIA

Stage 3 ROUND THREE: OCTOBER 20th/21st

Group A: Team GB vs Team ROCKTropia....&.....Team POLAND vs Team ITALY

Group B: Team CANADA vs Team FRANCE...&....Team AFRICA vs Team EUDORIA

All those who have progressed straight to Stage 4, congratulations. You have proved yourselves worthy of a break. You may, however, assist any team that requires your help by joining their Support Teams on the day of their hunts. No need for anyone to feel left out:)

All those hunting in the Stage, PLEASE contact your opponents in each of the forthcoming matches and AGREE on a timeslot before PM'ing me, and do this as soon as you can.

The Timeslots are the same as we've seen so far, with the exception of the 23:00 saturday slot, which has not proved necessary.

Timeslot choices:

Sat 15:00, Sat 19:00/ Sun 09:00, Sun 13:00.

START/FINISH POINT will be announced in a few days in your TEAM THREADS along with a condensed version of this message.

Thanks to all for a great start, looking forward to a unique elimination stage. Also BIG THANKS to PlanetCalypsoForum, who I NEVER remember to thank enough. Without PCF I'd be shouting all this in Twin Peaks.
Oh, and my internet's fixed (again):) See you all soon.

Hurrikane

Last edited:
All those who have progressed straight to Stage 3, congratulations. You have proved yourselves worthy of a break.
By 3 you mean 4, right? :)

Hello Hurricane,
Is at the stage 3 , support still caped at 100 points?
Thak you for the fun

Hello Hurricane,
Is at the stage 3 , support still caped at 100 points?
Thak you for the fun

Was going to include this in the update, but yes, Support is till capped at 100 for Stage 3.

Hurrikane

Any matches scheduled for this weekend yet?

Rocktropia vs Poland 1500 Saturday.

Africa vs France at 19:00 Saturday :)

Hmm be nice if the other teams decided on times, I could plan my weekend (although the update only went out a little while ago, the core information has been up since last week....)

Hurrikane

***STAGE 3 SCORES: Round ONE***

After the first weekend of Stage 3, the scores are as follows:

Group: Poland, ROCKTropia, GB and Italy

Poland Vs ROCKTropia:

Poland 340

ROCKTropia 134

GB vs Italy:

GB 300

Italy 148

Standings:

Poland 340
GB 300
Italy 148
ROCKTropia 134​

Group: Canada, Eudoria, France and Africa

Canada Vs Eudoria:

Canada 360

Eudoria 203

France Vs Africa:

France 476

Africa 82​

Standings:

France 476
Canada 360
Eudoria 203
Africa 82​

Two more hunts to see who can change their position and stay in.... all teams trying hard, should be a close one.

Thanks to all for a great weekend, please confim hunt times for next weekend as soon as possible.

Hurrikane

Second place of 8 so far, go Canada go! Proud of you all!

GG to all teams, it appears the gods are not with Team Africa unfortunately :(. It ain't over till it's over of course.

Hurrikane, does the moblist remain the same for this weekend's match?

Well Done Team GB

A call to all UK and Northern Ireland players, if you want to be a part of our support teams feel free to get in touch on our Team GB thread. I am in support team.

You don't have to hunt a full 3 hours it's farly relaxed, even hunting a few mobs is fine, although when hunting solo you must be part of our teams so your globals are registered as WoF globals (if that makes sense).

Thank you, be part of the action.

Rick

GG to all teams, it appears the gods are not with Team Africa unfortunately :(. It ain't over till it's over of course.

Hurrikane, does the moblist remain the same for this weekend's match?

Yes, the Group Stages (3&4) use the same moblist for 3 hunts each to allow for development of tactics; most teams have their best match on the second or third try.

Hurrikane

Hey, Hurricane. Thanks for running this handsome event every year.
I couldn't participate tonight cause of famillyy, and I wonder what are the score for tonight?
French vs Canada, in particular, but all the score pique my interest.

Also I wonder if the Plongu could be part of WoF...

I couldn't participate tonight cause of famillyy, and I wonder what are the score for tonight?

Unconfirmed results are:
Canada/Africa: 576/159
Eudoria/France: 104/353

But wait for Hurrikans official post early next week. We will have two more matches at Sunday 1300 and 1700

Spawns like the Plongu are MA's thing, hard to align the WoF to their events (would like to feature Eomon and Longtooth also but the migration is a different date each time).

Hurrikane

STAGE THREE SCORES, ROUND TWO:

Group: Poland, ROCKTropia, GB and Italy

Italy Vs ROCKTropia:

ROCKTropia 435

Italy 241

GB vs Poland:

Poland 486

GB 216

Standings:

Poland 340 + 486 = 826
ROCKTropia 134 + 435 = 569
GB 300 + 216 = 516
Italy 148 + 241 = 389

Group: Canada, Eudoria, France and Africa

Canada Vs Africa:

Canada 576

Africa 159

France Vs Eudoria:

France 353

Eudoria 104​

Standings:

Canada 360 + 576 = 936
France 476 + 353 = 829
Eudoria 203 + 104 = 307
Africa 82 + 159 = 241

One more match to go; the moblist may have a slight change due to the unexpected dissappearance of any good spawn of big Falxangius, will notify all as soon as possible in your team threads. If anyone hears of any change in the falx situation please post here. Otherwise ALL Falx will be 10 points and Allophyl will be split for maturity between 6 and 5 points.

Most of you have already confirmed your times, the rest please do so as soon as you can.

Thanks, remember your Stage Total not only serves to progress or eliminate you, it also affects your seeding in the next Stage. Good luck to all involved.

Hurrikane

Back