WoF Best Moments... and next year

Hurrikane

Slayer
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Oscar Hurrikane SkyQuake
I've been hearing all about your adventures in search of points; so I'd like to properly ask....

1. What were your favourite Moblists/Stages?

2. What Mob did you learn to hate?

3. Did you learn anything new from the WoF?

4. Has your Friend List increased?:)

5. Has anyone done really well from the WoF?

6. Did you dislike any of the Rules?

7. How do you think it was managed?

I have loads more questions, just say what you thought of the WoF:)

Hurrikane

Mmmm...this is going to take some time. I'll wait until loot gets bad and put on a pot of tea for a full reply ;)

Nutshell:

Overall...great!

But I think a few things can be tweaked to make it even better.

I liked them all, each presented a different challenge. I was less keen on the group stages just because of having to hunt the same mobs 3 times in a row, but on the other hand that was good too as it gave us a chance to refine tactics for the 2nd and 3rd time around.

Damn big Bristles!

The main thing I learnt was how much fun taking part in WoF is, having only been an observer last year.

Yes, quite a few of the England team have made it onto my FL, and I've made many great new friends.

I didn't have any big loots or anything, but all my new friends are better than loot (I still need more loot though).

No, I thought everything worked pretty well. I was a bit worried about an ATH knocking England out but that was all :)

Pretty well. A 10 minute delay became expected but that's no big deal :) It would have been nice to see the official scores posted here quicker than they were on some occasions.

Overall, I thought WoF was brilliant, great work Hurrikane and the rest of the team of judges! I'm looking forward to trying to retain our title in 2009 already :yay:

I liked them all :D

Hiryuu, They refused to give the goods

Need... More... Skill :laugh:

Yeah, I've got a few more aussies on my list

Don't believe so

Nah, Can't think of any.

Pretty well, though most timeslots were unsuitable...

(only willing to answer what I can right now)

Fairly sure I enjoyed everything thrown at me, with a good team around me, I with-stood most mobs.
Interesting question though.

Globs were quite hard, but on the day, Tekkie made me laugh so bad, I remembered it favorably.
I loved that day, Pinky shooting her Movie, MistyDawn trying his best, so many people just giving what they could!! :hug:

I think the tsk, don’t ask me why, I didn’t die once, even in PvP no-one even took a shot at me, The tsk never killed me…I think maybe I just hate tsk, they don’t loot
welll for me.
Mulmun was hard, tho again I never died, Odd but yet again no PK’er ever got me, a couple of times I went 3rd person to check who was with me, Mandy always was.
Mandy!!!

I wont forget that, I DID notice! Thanx!!

I had just scored 2 more globals too, they would have looted me, if given the chance.
(Mandy did get pk’d, you fought just enough to give me time to power up my tp chip, I wont forget!)

Between you and Mrs Emma Peel, who fought both vailaintly, you both gave me those extra seconds, to tp into the cool ocean!!
Thanx!

Its people like Mandy I will remember, selfless, watching my back, even dying to give me a fighting chance :)

Not really, my F.L has always been full, I have had to lose some people to add some wof members, but ‘cringes’ when people have added me and waited for the invite back..it hasn’t happened, I just haven’t the room, sorry.

2 key people have stood by me this wof, yes soo many, I will remember you all in a tribute, but for now, these 2 people have been by my side and helped me, thank you so much, thank you for not leaving me alone, not once.

Amanda Mandy Smith

William Dutch Chap

Thank-you both :hug:

Stage 1 - best/range of choice

So much time on bristles:eek:.. has to be them, although mourners are now a compulsive shoot on sight mob.

Yes. When you are a bit slow on the fap .. big Mac will swear at you on TS :laugh:

4. Has your Friend List increased?
For sure I actually talk to people now. Ended up changing soc's as a result.

MA

Not really.. only disliked the constant complaining from people about the rules.
Although a support cap at 50 may be needed next year ;)

Very well.. although for the aussies the timeslots were a pain in the ass ... we need more asian teams next year!

All in all great job Hurrikane! Looking forward to next year.

-Scipulors

-SEG's, Hiryuu

-Yes, not to put my hand up as captain for future WoF events! :laugh: Just kidding :silly2: I won't be nominating for captain for 2009 though! :D

-Yes

-England :), great performance...And MA of course :laugh:

-Lootable PvP should not be included in any WoF matches, especially for a final! :rolleyes:
-Support crews definitely need to be tweaked (maybe a registration system for each avatar to pledge alligence to one country rather than act as mercernaries for other country's (I admit, I acted as a mercenary during WoF 2008)

-Exceptionally well

In a nutshell, great overall, some areas could do with minor mods, i.e. I agree with the cap on support numbers, although it is very hard to police that.
Well done Hurri and thanks to all others who have volunteered their time.

Fave mob was the big Scips, they always loot well for me, this is when I had the most fun, in both the main hunt team and support.

Did you learn anything new from the WoF?
Yes. When you are a bit slow on the fap .. big Mac will swear at you on TS :laugh:

Sorry mate, the massive lag on TI and getting reamed from a great height by a pair of SEGs does that to me :D It was more just general frustration.

Well, I remember it more from a support perspective.

Stage 1 was Snarg, Caudas, Morsu I think. Morsu was pretty easy for the Bonus, Caudas were a nightmare we shoulda sent more to CND for the big ones, but I was blown away by the rate we were globalling on Snargs. So that was fun.

Stage 2 was Goki, Attackers and Mourner I think. Tbh, didn't like lootable PvP much for this. Mourner was a great Bonus Mob choice. Nothing wrong with Goki either but I had a terrible run on them so Stage 2 aint getting it.

Stage 3 was Tsktsk, Bristles, Repesilex. Good bonus mob after Deathi levelled out the repes spawn to mid-maturity (too easy with Stalkers, would have been too hard with no repes LA). Bristles & Tsktsk - something for everyone there. I enjoyed blasting the tsktsk.

Stage 4 was Globster, Hiryuu, Trooper. The Hiryuu were I guess a good choice but man that was excruciating. Trooper and Globster, great fun. I upgraded by Bravo before the first match for the Globster, and ended up upgrading again before each match :D

Stage 5 was Tripudion, Berys, Pluma. Pluma again a great bonus mob. Berys and Trips were both nice to global on.

Stage 6 was tants, tards, kerberos, mulmun. Tants and tards was a nice combo. We had plenty happy to venture into PvP by then but I think it should have been rewarded with more points. Kerbs, well, too small really but our dedicated support still nailed a few.

So Stage 1 was great, suddenly I knew how much fun it was to take part in WoF. I probably had the most fun in Stage 4 despite some rather painful work hunting hiryuus.

Stage 5 I thought was absolutely brilliant. It was by far the most challenging from a support planning and organisation point of view. And the entire squad put in a huge effort, we had an amazing turnout and our efforts were rewarded with a stunning support score, despite CNDs efforts to totally screw us up with an untimely crash (of our two designated screenshotters, one lost the team, the other came back just in time but heavily bugged and had to sit in a dome and watch for 3 hours - a relog would probably have fixed it but we didn't dare). The main teams also had a lot to think about and we saw quite a few different choices made by the teams. Romania v Tibet must be amongst the best ever WoF matches ever.

Hiryuu. OMFG Hiryuu. Just glad we had that Bob Bricktop moment with the 4k uber on them for 50pts, that kinda made the pain worthwhile.

I learnt a lot. My hunt set up has changed, and imo, improved. And I have some more ideas that I'm trying out as a result of WoF.

Significantly. I haven't logged in and had no-one on FL (even at like 4 a.m.) for the last three months, something that used to be quite common.

Do you mean loot-wise? Well we had the Bob Bricktop 4k Hiryuu which was a special moment for a fairly new player. The next week in the same team Theren Strange got a 4k Trooper. I got some Nemesis Arms from a Trooper which was quite nice, having not seen a respectable armor part in loot for a long time. dj decided to craft in the evening after we won because hunting felt kinda flat after the final, and hit a 10k amp hof.

But well, we all did well from the WoF, we had a great team, a great team spirit, and we won!!

I wasn't keen on lootable PvP being involved. And I thought the support mobs in the final were oddly small by comparison to all the other rounds.

The last twenty minutes of the final I was really wishing the ATH rule didn't exist, but tbh I kinda liked the rule for the rest of the time.

I thought it was tremendous Hurrikane. I reckon there must have been over 1000 avatars involved at one point or another. There was great team spirit, and great spirit between the teams too. Everyone had fun and fought to the death.

It must have been a huge huge job for both you and everyone who helped. So a big thank-you.

just say what you thought of the WoF

I loved every minute of it! Well, except for the bloody Hiryuus.

And the Battle at Troy really was something quite special. After an hour on kerbs and half an hour on tants I went to take a look at Troy to see if more numbers would help. So glad I did, the scenes of the three teams each with truly huge close support all hunting together within one radar diameter was unbelievable. Credit to MA too, not so long ago I'm really not sure the servers could have coped with that.

globsters ;)

Hiryuu.. its a neckbreaker:)

hmm not really

some yes

hmm, did alrite maybe but not really well I think

letting provinces have their own team.. I thought it was only countries who could create team?

it was ok with a couple exeptions

Sod the questions bit, will answer them when I have the time.

Just got as far as the opening title.

WoF Best Moment for me

Saturday March 29th:

England 304 - Wales 336

:)

Romania v Tibet must be amongst the best ever WoF matches ever.

Even with the extra ever (call yourself a journalist?) I totally agree. True edge-of-your-seat stuff, that one:)

Hurrikane

Semi's - Dasps and such

Tsk Tsk I think.. they looted horrible for how they hit.. and well maybe kerberos since I spent like 1 hour and half on them without globalling

Yes... never say "We cant make it".. (from the Easter problems)

You have no idea how much.. I definetly need bigger FL

I must say I was always amazed by Tibet's team for some reason and they did really good.. and ofc England. Also liked my team a lot tbh.

That anyone can make a team with countries that dont exist or with players who dont belog to that certain country.. This year wasnt that bad (aka Tibet) but I believe that soon there will be some problem cause of it. Also the external support, not sure if it is good for the WoF. I used it cause I felt like I had to, but I believe it would be better as in the first year and it should only be alowed to make another team to those who dont have enough ppl from their country to make a proper team. Otherwise this will start having all sort of alliances and such and Im not sure if its good for the WoF.

Pretty well.

And to say what I liked bout the WoF.. probably that it was the best competition ever held in EU. Kept me very busy from my RL, made me miss Easter, made me miss exams.. what can I say, hell of a competition.

Last edited:

Scips

Repesilex :rolleyes:

Yep (but i'll keep those to myself)

Sure it has met great new ppl :yay:

Not me but hope some did

Yep ... The support that is countless. Bring back WOF to be a country event ... yes the purpose is to involve as many ppl as u can but still this should be a contry vs country event. All teams used it because it was allowed but i think next one should not be like this year.
All support should be submited like the main team and should not be allowed to move.

Great management :)

Last edited:

As stage, Semi, hands down. As mob, you must love the spiderz.

Tsk. Also, Dj. is hot.

Yes, that British Empire still exists.

Doh :)

MindArk, doh.

Yes, teams and support should be tied to countries. Team Tibet was a marvel and I have nothing at all against them, but support should be registered from begining and limited to that.

Much much better than most of MA events. Props to ya ;)

Hurrikane

See above yada yada

stage 4 - troopers, globster and hirruy (yes i was in support :) )

mourner and pluma ... was already hating them before but it's even worst now ;)

not really new but really like this event!!

Yes. a little!

not me!!!

I dislike the support rule ... extendable support team is good but i think that you can support only in 1 team ... not possible to support several team and not possible to change after your team loose! Of course i know that it's difficult (maybe impossible) to control ... but i think it's something to study!
Maybe main team number is a bit low :)

Excellent! Great job! What an investment and a managment :D
You've done a great job, Jam did too, and of course all the judges that help you!!!

Thanks for all what you've done! That was really fun to participate!

Dasples..gush it was fun to shoot them while support team was giving heal support

TskTsk...lost huge amount of peds there, and morsusilex

Teamwork and Tactics

It sure did.I had privalige to get know ppl like Neo, Rick, Udi etc etc.

Yes...i would say that whole Team Finland did awsome job through the whole WoF

I think all rules were fine.

Everything worked fine. So big thanks to all who made this possible

Vellu Rufus Leinonen

The Final on the Spiders. So many greendots on the radar and spiders dropping in seconds, it was really a sight to behold

Snargs!

Great leadership, organisation and teamwork are essential

Yes definately! Come on MA make them bigger

Not sure quite what you mean by the question but I guess I would say Team England :yay:

Not as such but maybe some ideas for next year:

Lootable PvP is NOT a good idea in this kind of event. Being shot in the back by outside pk'ers as you are shooting mobs is no indication of how good a hunting team is

Teams should have to get their times of matches decided at least 24-36 hours BEFORE the first match time on the list is due to start and be penalised if have not done so

Teams turning up late for the start should just have to start late, play less time, and not hold everyone else up for 20+ minutes. (this doesn't include obvious problems such as invisibility after tp'ing etc.)

Superbly. Hurri, you and the judges did a phenomenal job!

I have loads more questions, just say what you thought of the WoF

Overal the most exciting event I've been in and by far the most memorable! :D

about question 5, I thought he ment PED.. if anyone had gotten som profit out of the event.. but it seems it was only me who thought that?

Daspletor was the best stage.

SEG. Never liked that mob.

Nope... I'm probably stupid...

A bit.

Neverdie

PvP mobs are bad in this kind of event. Unlimited support and external support is great fun and it can't be banned without glitches... Made up countries names... I'm not really funned of that. Esp

Great management. You should work for MA. Or are you?

----------------

Was a great display of forces especially in the final. Don't turn it into a commercial event next year. Look at the country participating and don't do what MA dose when it puts LG on Ester... Most of our team wanted to quit because of that stage. Making people choose between important RL value and a game is a bad thing. Even if the game is EU.

Qualifier :rolleyes:

PvP4 GD's

No global in 3 hours hunting with apis +Dante is possible. :mad:
Don't choose the same time-slot as Team England as there will be no mobs left to hunt :laugh:

Yes, a bit..

Nope, don't think so ..

mobs for Support in PvP 4

not long enough in competition to comment on this one

Even with the extra ever (call yourself a journalist?) I totally agree. True edge-of-your-seat stuff, that one:)

Hurrikane

lol, well twas about 3am when I posted I think ;)

----------

I guess the big talking point regarding the rules will be the unlimited support thing. I personally thought it was great - made it open to way more people, and made it more than just about who had the 4 biggest weapons, best armor sets and skill.

I guess for close support work, it'd be difficult to limit it at all, and this played a significant part in the tournament throughout, particularly the final and the semis but other stages too.

I think one benefit of unlimited scoring support is it offers a bit of a counter to possibility of uber soc teams being created rather than teams based on nations. I could understand you trying to come up with a way to limit people supporting multiple teams though, although personally I enjoyed it and united Britain was pretty cool :) Also I thought the support mobs were sometimes a bit too small, particularly the final, I think that's good for the bonus mob but there should be something fun to kill too. I'd prefer 1 point Hogglo to 4 point Gibnib.

One thing I thought might be nice would be to increase the main team size to maybe 6 from the start, but have a rule that includes some lesser skilled players (maybe one player less than medium health, one player less than 70 agility or something like that). Dunno though, maybe its not a good plan.

Having more than 4 people in main is a challenge for a country with an limited number of players in EU. I know that for us it was a pain to make a team of 6. In a team of 4+support you can balance the strength of the nation with support, but in teams with more than 4 people, you have 2 more people less in support, and 2 less skilled people in main... I know that for some countries that is not a problem ant that they can make 10 main teams just as good as the main 4, but for others, adding 1 extra in there is a huge effort. I think teams with more than 4 people are not so great for the spirit of this competition. This competition is (was) about support. Not about main team.

The ones that resulted in many swirlies but did not kill me too much. Scips for me I think.

Although being involved on the 4 second spider stalkers in the final was simply awesome.

Funnily enough. Atrox. We killed what seemed like hundreds of those buggers without one global. Fouls would be next.

Yes. There are 47 different ways your avatar will hit the deck when it dies.

Nope. It was full before WoF, now some have just swapped around around a bit. Certainly more friends here on EF and ingame though :)

Bobbygolucky comes to mind.

Dont think so. Rules is rules and you aim to get the most point within their confines.

Fucking wonderfully. How could it be any other way. The only slight hiccups were either CTD's (nowt to do with us) or teams taking 10 extra minutes or so to get ready.

Next question?

Obviously people's thoughts and values are not appreciated in such a thread.

To the f**kwit who gave me a -rep for my answers, grow up!

:rolleyes:

Just to let you know, I got no problem with anything you said there:)

Hurrikane

It's just the forum police wannabe's at work mate. :rolleyes:

It's all good now...Got to the bottom of issue :)

Apologies for the off topic conversation.

*resuming regular transmission*

;) :laugh:

I didnt like that it was possible to change support team along the way. Shouldent be possible to play for more then 1 team

Back