Oracle Kev FountofWisdom
Edited for Hurrikane's preferred format:

Avatar name: Oracle Kev FountOfWisdom

Nation: England

Captain of choice: Mandy

Status
: I was in last year's team

OK fellow English men, let's get rolling! :cool:

Please post below if you would like to be part of this year's England effort.

It might be helpful if you add whether you wish to be considered for the main team of 12 or the support team (which is now a points scoring support group!).

NB: in last year's WoF our support team played a vital role in assisting our progress. Even if you think your skills and equipment aren't up to the mark you can still help us by mob spotting, fapping, tagging or just by cheering us on!

Ultimately it will the the England Captain who will decide the membership of the main team.

For information regarding this year's WoF rules please read this thread:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84090

an extract from the above rules is important:

You will also be required to Vote for your preferred Captain.
All avatars who hunted for their countries last year get 3 Votes. All other applicants get 1.

The Main Controversial Change:

When Captains are decided, (Voting will end on Jan 1st) teams will be split into the Main Team of 12 (Selected by the Captain) and the Support Team. The Support team will have unlimited numbers.

Both the Main Team and Support Teams will be able to score points, although the Main Team will have a larger moblist and more points available.

This change is to reflect the need of the high-skilled players to defend their countries honour while keeping the WoF available to all who wish to try.

Support team members can of course fill places left in the Main Team should hunters have to drop out.

There will be no swapping or hiring between teams of different countries.

Edit: I will be applying for the position of England Captain so if you also wish to apply for this position please specify in your post and it will of course go to the democratic vote.

Last edited:
Im up for it again :yay: and my Vote is for u Kev as captain after the awesome job as vice captain last WoF....

LT5 standing by ;) hehehe

sure i'm in, am sure it will be a blast :D gotta agree with GuNOiL kev did a great job last year in organising us all :)

I would love to play this year, but it should be noted I am a bit crap these days with half boar/ half ghost (with 5b's or 6a's)

if i am of any use, give me a shout!

Count me in! :wtg:

Lemme at'um! Lemme at'un!!!!!!:D

(Need a dog straining at the lead emoticon here)

Name: Trinity Dusk Trinity

Team: England

Captain: Oracle

Status: Regular support team member at 2007 WoF and a single appearance for the main team.

Last edited:
missed out last year so im up for this year :)

*Pokes head above the parapet*

If I can join as support then count me in :yay:

--> Dannen Dan Hunter

--> England

--> Kev, as the competition is slim ;)

--> My first WoF, and first times are supposed to be memorable

Last edited:
Ok Oracle I've picked England... not a hard choice really :laugh:

Would love to be considered for the main team :)

Hi Folks,

Yep count me in for the next event.

Kev you have my vote for Captain.

Regards,

Will

Oh, go on then - I'm up for lending a hand.

Kev will get my vote too ;)

Eps ready to join the England team this year ;)

Captain of choice: Oracle (Kev)

Last edited:
Sign me up! :handgun:

And 3 more votes for Kev as Captain. He filled the postion a lot of the time in WoF 2007, did a great job, and it was noticable in many ways when he wasn't the acting Captain. ;)

Last edited:
Dejay dj Jaguar ..is available :)

Nation of choice-England

Captain of choice- Kev

Last years team-South Africa (so this is my 2nd WOF)

Last edited:
Tekkie signing up and ready for action....... captain ;)

Good to see some peeps from last year already stepping forward for another crack at this great event!!!

Kev has mentioned previously the support members played a massive part in '07 and probably even more for '08 so I appeal to any English player no matter what your skill level or experience to come and join the fun, everybody is welcome for the WOF effort :sniper:

missed out last year, not making that mistake again :) probably a bit underequipped for main team but i've got 2 months to hit a big hof and become slightly less noobish

You can count on me if needed....

You have my vote Kev, you were well organised last year :)

Im In

Oh Yes, would be a privilage to play for queen and country again next year, Count Me In for sure...:yay:

Avatar name: Corban Corby Anderson

Last edited:
someone say queen and country!?

I'd like to put my name/ava myself forward for a position in the team!

ENNNGEEERLAND

Last edited:
Count me in.
I may be more use this year with a bit of luck.

Kev gets my vote for captain

Yes please ;)

Best foot forward and all that. I offer my services gladly.

soundboy soundboy soundboy reporting for duty for Queen and country :)

Reporting for duty! Let's stick it to em whatto!?
Sir_Winston_Churchill.jpg

Jamhot

Last edited:
Reporting for duty too and agreed that Kev should be captain based on last time round :)

Would be honoured to be considered for the main team :wtg:

Slappy

PS Kev sounds like you did a sterling job last year so take this as a vote for you.

Last edited:
QUOTE ---- Eps ready to join the England team this year

Weeeeeeee, bring it on :)

OK guys I'd just like to say one or two things at this stage.

Firstly, many thanks for all your kind words regarding my wish to stand for the England Captaincy.

I do however feel a bit bad about this as I think it may have put off anyone else from applying for this coveted honour.

But if this is the case then I would ask anyone else wishing to put their names forward to do so; there may well be people in our squad who don't want me as captain but at the moment have nobody else to vote for.

Last year's captain was in the unfortunate position of gaining the captaincy 'by default' as it were and this left him open to some flak from other team members if they disagreed with his decisions etc.

So it is in the best interest of democracy, and I believe the solidarity of the England squad, that the captaincy should go to the vote.

I would just like to add that I'm delighted to see some new names down for next year's WoF, some of whom are well known, highly skilled avatars who could help England do even better than last year! :)

OK guys I'd just like to say one or two things at this stage.

Firstly, many thanks for all your kind words regarding my wish to stand for the England Captaincy.

I do however feel a bit bad about this as I think it may have put off anyone else from applying for this coveted honour.

If they don't have the bottle to stand against you they don't have what it takes to be Captain of the team!

But if this is the case then I would ask anyone else wishing to put their names forward to do so; there may well be people in our squad who don't want me as captain but at the moment have nobody else to vote for.

By all means, but they will lose. ;)

Last year's captain was in the unfortunate position of gaining the captaincy 'by default' as it were and this left him open to some flak from other team members if they disagreed with his decisions etc.

Last years Captain thought himself bigger than the team. It wasn't by default he became Captain, it was a pure fault of non democratic means.

He arrogantly held on to the position despite attending less of the matches than Kev, and when he finally decided to put it to the vote in the belief that he would cruise it, and started making a big deal about it because he was acting all Captain like, he soon stfu when the actual voting started to look bad for him.

And of course the Captain will get some flak now and then, but at the end of the day even the most vocal of the team members (that would probably be me :D ) gave 100% to the TEAM and did what the team did regardless of personal opinion or differences.

So it is in the best interest of democracy, and I believe the solidarity of the England squad, that the captaincy should go to the vote.

And the nominees are: Kev and Oracle :cool:

I would just like to add that I'm delighted to see some new names down for next year's WoF, some of whom are well known, highly skilled avatars who could help England do even better than last year! :)

:wtg: :yay: :cheer:

Last edited:
Reactions: dj.
I wholeheartedly agree with this. It is absolutely the right thing to do.

Bump for england!

I didnt have the pleasure of competing last year but all others seem to hold u in very high regard oracle So my vote goes to you.

Back