***wof judges 2012***

Hurrikane

Slayer
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Oscar Hurrikane SkyQuake
WoF 2012 - V1.jpg

Hello to all the friendly folk who each year, set aside many weekends of their time to count global after global, providing the up-to-the-minute picture on how each match is doing, coping with servers failing, teams dissolving, lag and even sobriety in the quest to deliver a better WoF to all.

I salute you, and welcome you back into the the sixth World of Firepower; the one they promoted.

Was hoping to get a website up by now (still in development) and register you all on there properly; but the PCF sub-forum remains the hub of the action for now, and so it's time we got your names down:)

If you have served as a Judge in a previous WoF, and wish to go through all that again, starting in late August, please sign in to this thread.

If you wish to be a judge but haven't done it before, please apply here too; character references from existing Judges would be a good thing to have, a patient mind and a gift for quick arithmetic would be a plus also.

All I can offer those who Judge the WoF is the gratitude of the teams and whatever cool or novelty item the prize fund allows. And of course the unparalleled experience of sending the best players in the game off to hunt Daikiba and killing the next three hours lighting up like an epileptic xmas tree.

Ta so far, see you on the field.....

Hurrikane

Last edited:
i'd gladly donate my time again as judge for WOF this summer.
i'd be available during the l.a. coffeehouse hours, or get some kinda wireless broadband.

You can put me down as a maybe this year Hurri, not living on Calypso anymore so will depend on many factors when August gets here, but maybe if nothing else just a back up possible. So pencil me in and we see what comes ;)

I'm in, when I can.:computer::hammer::cheer::thumbup:

Count me in again.
Well, I will be at vacation during the second half of September. All other weekends should work.

Have not judged before, but would like to offer my services if required for Wof this year.

Have been a regular participate last few years and feel this way I can at least contribute :D

Unfortunately the previous WoF judges who know me who might be able to provide a reference are both not active at the moment. Should I see them I will definitely let me know about this thread ;)

Timezone is GMT+2 (MA time +2 hrs, sometimes +1 during DST)

Thanks
Gor

Hi to all Judges:) The Exhibition Moblist is now Live, and teams can ask for a judge's availability should they wish to enter a score in the pre-wof build-up. Although they are urged to self-judge, anyone wishing to help 'em out can blow the judging cobwebs off by checking this thread for judging requests. See you all soon:) Here's the post with the relevant info:

Hello to all who wish to participate in the mightiest event in EU: The WoF!

WoF 2012 brings one or two changes, this being the first:

The Exhibition Moblist.

From now until the first Qualifiers, for teams to practice on, post high scores and get into the swing of things.

If your team wishes to enter an Official Score for the Exhibition Moblist and try to win the Exhibition High Score Mystery Prize (awarded at the closing ceremony, and bought with the prize fund) then follow the rules for self-judging below and post in the WoF 2012 Screenshot Thread.

Hunt Team: 4 Main Team members. Support, as always, is Unlimited.

If you have not yet decided a Main Team for the WoF Tournament then a temporary Main Team can be put in place for the Exhibition Matches. Exhibition Teams are not obliged to take part in the main Tournament, but are expected to.

Self-Judging: Ask in the Judges thread to see if a WoF Judge is available. If not, take a screenshot of the start, every global, and the finish, with all Main Team members present and time, team-list and location visible in every pic. This is not a place I expect to see cheating, and I will punish those who do. Only posted globals will be counted. Multiple submissions accepted.

MindArk have agreed to supply a spawn of high-maturity Tantardion; as soon as you find them, you can start to plan your hunts.

Moblist:

Main

Neconu (Old Alpha and Above) 10
Sumima (Provider and above) 9
Tantardion (Any) 8
Neconu (Alpha and below) 7
Razortooth (Any) 6
Sumima (Young-old) 5

Support

Gokibusagi (Any) 4
Snarg (Any) 3
Longu (Any) 2
Kerberos (Any) 1

Bonus

Scaboreas (Any) 25

Exhibition Scores do NOT count towards the Tournament Scores.

Any Questions, post here or PM me for a swift reply.

Hurrikane

Hi to all Judges:) The Exhibition Moblist is now Live, and teams can ask for a judge's availability should they wish to enter a score in the pre-wof build-up. Although they are urged to self-judge, anyone wishing to help 'em out can blow the judging cobwebs off by checking this thread for judging requests. See you all soon:) Here's the post with the relevant info:

Hello to all who wish to participate in the mightiest event in EU: The WoF!

WoF 2012 brings one or two changes, this being the first:

The Exhibition Moblist.

From now until the first Qualifiers, for teams to practice on, post high scores and get into the swing of things.

If your team wishes to enter an Official Score for the Exhibition Moblist and try to win the Exhibition High Score Mystery Prize (awarded at the closing ceremony, and bought with the prize fund) then follow the rules for self-judging below and post in the WoF 2012 Screenshot Thread.

Hunt Team: 4 Main Team members. Support, as always, is Unlimited.

If you have not yet decided a Main Team for the WoF Tournament then a temporary Main Team can be put in place for the Exhibition Matches. Exhibition Teams are not obliged to take part in the main Tournament, but are expected to.

Self-Judging: Ask in the Judges thread to see if a WoF Judge is available. If not, take a screenshot of the start, every global, and the finish, with all Main Team members present and time, team-list and location visible in every pic. This is not a place I expect to see cheating, and I will punish those who do. Only posted globals will be counted. Multiple submissions accepted.

MindArk have agreed to supply a spawn of high-maturity Tantardion; as soon as you find them, you can start to plan your hunts.

Moblist:

Main

Neconu (Old Alpha and Above) 10
Sumima (Provider and above) 9
Tantardion (Any) 8
Neconu (Alpha and below) 7
Razortooth (Any) 6
Sumima (Young-old) 5

Support

Gokibusagi (Any) 4
Snarg (Any) 3
Longu (Any) 2
Kerberos (Any) 1

Bonus

Scaboreas (Any) 25

Exhibition Scores do NOT count towards the Tournament Scores.

Any Questions, post here or PM me for a swift reply.

Hurrikane

Just a general question? that i probably missed someplace.

Who picks these mobs for WoF?

I do:)

Hurrikane

I do:)

Hurrikane

Ahh okay,
Just wondering, because MM mob was the Neconu and oh my god did they destroy everyones wallet. Worst mob ever.

Ahh okay,
Just wondering, because MM mob was the Neconu and oh my god did they destroy everyones wallet. Worst mob ever.

They haven't always been that way, and might not be in the future; nearly every mob the WoF has featured has proved to grant you some globals. Foul are the major exception:)

That said, this is the Exhibition List for a reason; the Main Event takes up the more favourable choices.
Anyone seen the Tantardion spawn yet? Supposed to be here by now.

Hurrikane

... nearly every mob the WoF has featured has proved to grant you some globals. Foul are the major exception:)...

Guess you didn't see the 3k+ hof that Shaz got the week before the 2007? match while on a WoF practice hunt ! :laugh:

LOL I remember it now, but the memory of around two hundred different people saying "NEVER USE FOUL AGAIN!!!" is stronger. The foul beat Molisk, Hiryuu and even Rippersnappers as the least popular WoF mob. Although, that makes them perfect Bonus mobs....

Hurrikane

Hi Hurrikane :)

Team Africa is planning to have a crack at the Exhibition Moblist on Sunday, starting at 16:00. Any judges available for then?

Hi Hurrikane :)

Team Africa is planning to have a crack at the Exhibition Moblist on Sunday, starting at 16:00. Any judges available for then?

I think I'm online then if no-one else is, no probs. Can start from Chug's Hideout if you like, seems to be a good default start point.

Hurrikane

It might be wise to confirm nearer the time too:)

I think I'm online then if no-one else is, no probs. Can start from Chug's Hideout if you like, seems to be a good default start point.

Hurrikane

It might be wise to confirm nearer the time too:)

Awesome :), I'll send you a friend request ingame.

Awesome :), I'll send you a friend request ingame.

Okay, should be fine for 16:00 at Chug's Hideout TP tomorrow. If I'm late there may be someone else there to help.

Hurrikane

Thanks for taking the time to join us Hurrikane :)

i finally got in my account. I would like to sign up for a Judge this year :) thank you.

i finally got in my account. I would like to sign up for a Judge this year :) thank you.

Welcome back, very glad to have you:)

Hurrikane

ok q what do i do now

hi q its moondog, what do i do now i made it this far but not sure where to register for team england

All Teams to REGISTER FOR THE TOURNAMENT by August 11th if at all possible.

First Qualifiers: AUGUST 25th/26th Saturday/Sunday

Do you want us to register (the formal main team registration) any special way this year, or you'll follow the individual threads?

And do you have more details about the first match; at least the availible timeslots would be good to know. I assume the first rounds doesn't require coordination between the teams as long as the timeslots aren't full.

I would like to have an Excel score sheet from Mack again.
Elsewise I have to make my own.

I'm interested in judging, as time permits. I don't think I know any existing Judges (or even that many people in game) so references could be difficult, but I enjoy tedious data tracking (example) and the WoF seems like a lot of fun :)

I would like to have an Excel score sheet from Mack again.
Elsewise I have to make my own.

Hi all. Won't be able to be there for Stage 1, but here is an updated scoresheet. I tried to test it out thoroughly, but a lot in there so I wouldn't be surprised if it's got a bug or two. Let me know if you find something and I'll correct it.

Password to "unprotect" the file is "wof2012".

WOF 2012 Stage 1 Scoresheet

I couldn't see where support cap is set for stage 1, but set it to 100 for now in the spreadsheet. Will update if that is incorrect.

Have fun...Mack :)

EDIT: Grab a copy now to test if you want, but be sure to come grab the latest updated version the day of the hunt. I keep finding stuff in this, for example, I just set Sweep bonus back from 100 to 75 for stage 1.

Last edited:
i dont remember where i saw it.. but it is one of Hurri's offical posts. but the support cap, not including bonuses is 100
so if anything needs to be done it would to make sure that bonuses are not calculated in the base scores leading to 100

Sorry guys - I am out for this year. have a pub to make into a home and it is taking an inordinate amount of time.

Best of luck to you chaps n chappesses and catch you next year!!

Sorry guys - I am out for this year. have a pub to make into a home and it is taking an inordinate amount of time.

Best of luck to you chaps n chappesses and catch you next year!!

About time you had a break from the WoF mate, no worries. By the way, I'll be scoring countless matches with a baby in one hand and NO BLOODY SMOKES in the other so you have NO sympathy from me:) That last bit was of course a joke.

Back