WoF Pro Series Run 10 : Last Chance Saloon

Chopper

Elite
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Chopper McHelicopter
"This is not the WoF.
This is not even the Beginning of the WoF.
But it is, perhaps, the end of the WoF Pro Series.

For now..."

Winston Churchill

WoF08Logo-ProSeries.jpg

Announcing Run 10 of the Wof Pro Series

The Last Run before the WoF itself...

Last Chance Saloon!

And so, this Really Is the last WoF Pro Series before the Festival of Firepower begins.

It's a chance for established WPS Teams to leave their mark on the event before its Bigger Badder Brother takes over.

A chance for WoF teams to sharpen their claws, their skills, and their teamwork, before they are required to defend their nation's honour.

A chance for Everyone and Anyone who can take down a few mobs, either solo, or in a team, to walk away with a share of 2500 peds in cash, with no entry fee whatsoever.

Hunt, Laugh, Play, and WIN, with the WoF Pro Series...

Fre to Enter, Open to All

:handgun:

WoF Pro Series Winners so far have been:

Run 1 : M2S Legends
Run 2 : Sex on Ice
Run 3 : WoF England 2009
Run 4 : TDO
Run 5 : Maffoid Challenge
Run 6 : Angel Shadow Heart
Run 7 : The Consortium
Run 8 : The Consortium
Run 9 : Rising Potentials

How good would your name look on this list?

Currently in Run 10 the ScoreBoard looks like this:

1st
Oracle 'Killer' Kev - 24592 points

2nd
Lady Nadie Hawke - 1641 points

3rd
Angel Shadow Heart - 1442 points

4th
"WoF USA Support #7" - 1108 points

5th
Jenna Star Mercury - 1075 points

6th
"England" - 769 points

7th
"BioHazard Zone" - 708 points

Run 10 commenced:
14:00 (MA) on Thurs 22rd Jan 2009

Run 10 Ceases:
12:00 (MA) on Tues 3rd March 2009

Just in time for the WoF itself ;)

As in the last Run, you are welcome to global on Any and All Maturites of the mobs on the specified list...​

So, the Run 10 Mob-list looks like this:

1. Hogglo (Any Maturity) LA34 6900/17900

2. Phasm (Any Maturity) LA38 1630/3100

3. Kingfisher (Any) LA34 6900/17900

4. Atrax (Any Maturity) LA04 19600/9800

5. Longu (Any Maturity) LA05 19800/11100

Just global ONCE on EACH of the specified Mobs, in the specified Land Area, and post the screenies here, for a Valid entry into the WoF Pro series.

Post a better global anytime before the end of the event for your score to be updated. If some team just edges ahead of you in the rankings, Fear Not! You can Always go out and do Better :)

TT Value = Points.

More points than most = Cash Prizes!

Here's a link to Land Area details from Entropedia
All the Land Areas featured are "Outback" areas
http://www.entropiawiki.com/Chart.aspx?chart=LandArea

The Prizes for the winning teams in Run 10 are as follows:

1st Place: 1500 Ped

2nd Place : 600 Ped

3rd Place : 400 Ped

Yes, Hunting for CASH PRIZES!

All prize money is donated by our sponsor NeverDie. In addition a proportion of the prize fund goes to the World of Firepower Treasury, so by competing in the WoF Pro Series, you are helping to ensure the success of future Festival of Firepower and World of Firepower Events.

WoF Pro Series

Free to Enter, and Open to All

For the uninitiated:

The WoF Pro Series is a World of Firepower style Team Hunt Monthly competition, Free to Enter, and Open to All. Only now it's open to Solo Hunter too. Teams can be any size 2 - 12, and the object is to global on each of the 5 mobs, in the stated Land Area. The TT Value of each global becomes the score for that global. The total value of your best 5 globals, 1 from each scoring mob, becomes your team's Total Score. You can even go out and improve your score, by bagging a better global on a mob, and then posting it - your score wil be updated.

For a full summary of the Rules and Instruction see the WoF Pro Series (WPS) Thread, but it's pretty obvious what is required.

The main thing to know is that your first global screenshot will Set the Team List, if you are in a team. Subsequent globals from that team can include any or all of the established team, but NOT new people. Obviously the Team name should also match, but I will forgive errors like spacing and Capitals, as long as it's clearly the same team.
Soloists can post in any order, as long as they post within 48 hours of the global. Spelling, for them, will not be an issue.

There are only a few changes to the rules as stated previously:

1. A print of the map is No Longer required, just time and location.

2. All screenshots MUST be posted with 48 hours of the Global for it to be valid.

3. Solo Hunters are now welcome to submit entries.

4. An individual entrant is entitled to be involved in a maximum of TWO (2) entries, so you can submit a solo entry AND be in a Team, you can have 2 Solo Entries if you prefer and are able, You may be in 2 different teams if they let you. Conceivably a team have submit a second entry, with all the same member but a different name ("WPS Whatever 2" is acceptable), provided none of them have Another entry aswell. Globals submitted showing a member in a third entry will be automatically disallowed.

Please post all global screenshots in THIS thread.

Team names in the format "WPS - {whatever}" please.

The 48-hour Rule will ensure that the thread, and the competition, is kept alive and kicking from start to finish. It also gives every team the chance to see how the competition is doing and to improve on their own scores, for that IS allowed. In fact it is encouraged...

The "Only 2 Entries each" rule ensures that no one player can totally monopolise the prizes, however a First and a Second is possible, but no-one has managed it, yet. First and Third has been managed though, can You top That?

So that's it, you know what to do, you know what to hunt, you know when to start, and when to stop. And I'm pretty sure you know how to KILL!

GO TO IT!

There will, I have no doubt, be questions. Feel free to post any and all queries, problems, questions, concerns and clarifications in this thread. Whinges should be written clearly, in ink, on a sheet of A4 paper, and binned.

Last edited:
As Ever, this space reserved for Stuff...

Also, Kindly Moderator, could you stickify this for me pleeeeease? :)

ThanX a bunch :thumbup:

Woot :yay:

Rising Potentials will be trying again :)

GL to all competitors

WPS TEAM U.S.A. support #7, rdy to win!

It's on!

(5) person team locked and loaded
team members are:
PinkPcP
Sadmind
Alex
Twitchie
Force Majeure

Proud members of TEAM U.S.A. support 2009:wtg:

Apprentice Jedi
Force Majeure

It's on!

team members are:
PinkPcP
Sadmind
Alex
Twitchie
Force Majeure

Proud members of TEAM U.S.A. support 2009:wtg:

Apprentice Jedi
Force Majeure

Hmm, if my boss is joining you then I will definitely have to make sure we get an England team in for this :)

WPS TEAM U.S.A. support #7 / (5) entrys run 10

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]
Hagglo Guardian:62ped
Phasm Mature:160ped
Kingfisher Young:446ped
Atrax Alpha:92ped
Longu Provider:53ped

Apprentice Jedi
Force Majeure

Hagglo Guardian:62ped
Phasm Mature:160ped
Kingfisher Young:446ped
Atrax Alpha:92ped
Longu Provider:53ped

Apprentice Jedi
Force Majeure

Some fine scoring from USA Support #7, nice going :thumbup:

(Twitchie did particularly well...)

There is, or may be, just a minor issue with 2 of your screenies. :(

Screenshots basically need to show that the global was obtained in the specified LA, as you know. 2 of them, the Trax and the Kingfisher, technically do not demonstrate this...

The Longu Global screenie was taken in the LA clearly, but the 2 members who killed the mob are not in shot, nor within radar distance. It's conceivable that the 2 team members globalled elsewhere...

The Kingfisher screenie is not within the Kingfisher LA. Clearly, the team member who globalled is not at the TP though, and it is obvious from the chat, and common sense, that he is a little way SE within the area.

I'd love it if Twitchie has a screenie of the Kingfisher...

However...
I'm actually prepared to allow both of them, as I feel I can see what is going on in both. I don't perceive an attempt to cheat here. So...

WPS USA Support #7 have a Valid Entry.

If anyone wants really to contest this then I welcome feedback to that effect in this thread.

BUT...I'll take this opportunity to ask All teams to be aware of this kind of "glitch" when recording your globals.
Only seems to be a problem when you are not all together.

Please ensure that the location and time of the Actual global
is clear from your screenshot.

So we have our first entry to the WoF Pro Series final flourish
before the Meeting of Nations...

"USA Support #7" - 813 points​

Good score, but we've seen Much higher ;)

Bring on the Challengers :thumbup:

team members are:
PinkPcP
Sadmind
Alex
Twitchie
Force Majeure

Haven't looked at the screens below, but just wondering if we can announce our teams like this officially Chopper? Its occasionally a bit of a pain to have to get everyone who wants to be part of the team all in-team for the first global. If we could just announce our team beforehand that'd be easier.

sir Chopper i assure you, we played by the book.

As you can see, i was taking screenies this night. Mr Twitchie tped in 1st, and as he spawned was on (2) kingfishers a young and mature, he was able to kill the young and hofed off the bat, and mr Twitchie can kill fast as i saw as well, and mr sad there animals!, the Mature killed em, we got lucky but where in full team on all land areas. And same happened to me globled on Atrax as i landed. The mobs are well feed believe me. And next time i wont just stand there and say next mob. I will tp then take screenie before moving on, but we are training WOF support tactics, and that also means tping AND all members next outing must take screenies, i did not want to over welm them, and see how we did 1st time out. We are a new team this round, as i said WPS consortium is side lined till after WOF. But i tell you this, WOF TEAM U.S.A. support #7 should be used for WOF U.S.A. support S.W.A.T. services.
"spacial weapons assault team":wtg:

Apprentice Jedi
Force Majeure

Last edited:
Haven't looked at the screens below, but just wondering if we can announce our teams like this officially Chopper? Its occasionally a bit of a pain to have to get everyone who wants to be part of the team all in-team for the first global. If we could just announce our team beforehand that'd be easier.

I see no reason atall why not, Jimmy...

If that works better for you, then by all means post the team list :thumbup:

As you can see, i was taking screenies this night....
Force Majeure

It's all good, buddy :thumbup:

If it was just a small global, I would not say a word about this issue. Rules are clearly stated - and it's WPS #10 ! Post the right screen shots or don't.

And here are my entries:

Atrax - 243 PEDs
[url=https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/7/0/6/atrax.jpg][br]Click to enlarge[/br][/URL]

Hogglo - 110 PEDs
[url=https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/7/0/6/hogglo.jpg][br]Click to enlarge[/br][/URL]

Kingfisher - 145 PEDs
[url=https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/7/0/6/kfisher.jpg][br]Click to enlarge[/br][/URL]

Longu - 161 PEDs
[url=https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/7/0/6/longu.jpg][br]Click to enlarge[/br][/URL]

Phasm - 110 PEDs
[url=https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/7/0/6/phasm.jpg][br]Click to enlarge[/br][/URL]

Last edited:
Atrax - 243 PEDs
Hogglo - 110 PEDs
Kingfisher - 145 PEDs
Longu - 161 PEDs
Phasm - 110 PEDs

Fine scoring, Angel :thumbup:

And impeccable screenies too ;)

Thank You...

5 good globals, 1 Valid Entry... 769 points

Great work :thumbup:

Angel does have a point. The screenshot requirements are quite clear in the Rules, and "USA Support #7" are lucky not to have had 2 of their globals dis-allowed.

In the end I decided that the WoF has always been presided over by Judges, who's job it is to untangle Mistake from Miscreance, Disaster from Deception etc... So I brought all my Judgy powers to bear and felt it was clear no wrong-doing had gone on...

WoF Pro Series entrants have now had what i consider "Fair Warning"... Further incidents of screenshot failure may well be dealt with more harshly, but it is my sincere hope that this does not become necessary.

:thumbup:

Not to open a can of worms here...

but i have a few question sir Chopper.
1) the benefits of solo vs team are obvious.
but if in team on a land area like Longu as an example, where the mob is easy for us, we can split up on the land area and hunt is that correct?, even though a screenie will not show all member in that area or in loot?
2) as a team trainging for WOF, is it alowed to make full use of an outstanding team as ours to spred out for pick up points, say (2) on longu and (3) on atrax next door for speed? that is each kill is screenied on the land area they where killed ofc. I have been in all 10 runs, and konw 1st hand that team split up to diff land areas, as a given bouns to being in a team, i have hunted solo as well, and mainly 2 person team and have no issues with 12 person or solo players. As well as team useing there players at multiple land areas be cause its be done that way in the past i would think its the same now.

all ears
Force Majeure

Last edited:
Here's Twitchie with the requested screenies..... :D These screenies should clear up any doubt or issues with our WPS globals from last night. I had another fisher on my after the hof and got critted so I capped same convo on 2 shots - you can see the same sentence at the top of one and the bottom of the other shot.

Kingfisher:

Atrax:

Lol Twitch great pics hahaha.
Next time try to put a timestamp and global in 1 shot.
But uhm i guess u proved here that u died, i died and that force needed to pee lol. While sad was trying to tp in to help us.
OMG we are one hell of a team. Me love it!!!!!

Guess we have proven ourselves here lol.

Screenies are a practice so i guess we all get to post some.
(I take backup screenies tho lol)

983 points for WPS "USA Support #7"

Pink PcP

Proud member of U.S.A Support #7 (omg im never gonna forget this one lol) :yay::D:silly2::wtg::laugh::rolleyes::D:);):confused::cool:

WPS TEAM U.S.A. support #7 points add on's

Atrax Old Alpha 262ped

WPS "USA Support #7"

Lol Twitch great pics hahaha.
Next time try to put a timestamp and global in 1 shot.
But uhm i guess u proved here that u died, i died and that force needed to pee lol. While sad was trying to tp in to help us.
OMG we are one hell of a team. Me love it!!!!!

Guess we have proven ourselves here lol.

Screenies are a practice so i guess we all get to post some.
(I take backup screenies tho lol)

Pink PcP

Proud member of U.S.A Support #7 (omg im never gonna forget this one lol) :yay::D:silly2::wtg::laugh::rolleyes::D:);):confused::cool:

LOL, well I wanted to share all the info :D LOL I ususally don't timestamp my screenies and I got a little excited by the hof followed by the death-by-crit. Hahaha. But hey, now everyone knows Force is human and not a robot spy since he too uses the bathroom. :D

but i have a few question sir Chopper.
splitting up on the land area and hunting even though a screenie will not show all member in that area or in loot...

Force Majeure

It's a fair question, FM...

Splitting up can be a very good tactic, especially in a WoF Arena where you only have 3 hours to score, and Variety is Bonused...

The ideal situation in the WPS would be that if A and B are on Trax, say... and B, C and D are on Longu, then it's A or B who need to screenie a Trax global, and B, C or D who need to capture a Longu swirl...

All you need to show (as far as location is concerned) is that the global was definitely obtained within the specified LA.

The small amount of Tax that NeverDie recoups from WPS activity on his land never covers the generous donation he makes every month to the WPS, and to the WoF. It's only fair that we ensure your efforts let him get some of his money back ;)

And of course, come the WoF itself, no screenies will be necessary. A dedicated panel of Judges will watch the action like Hawks, or in some cases Hounds, catching every global as they happen. RL time constraints prevent me offering quite the same level of attentiveness in an Event that is 24/7 for 5 weeks ;) again

Here's Twitchie with the requested screenies.....
[/URL]

Great Work, Twitchie, thank-you :thumbup:

Atrax Old Alpha 262ped

WPS "USA Support #7"

The global is Good!

Tick VG, FM... A Fine Trax :thumbup:

Originally Posted by PinkPcP

Pink PcP

You are Correct, Missy ;)

Which means that the Scores are :

1st
"WoF USA Support #7" - 983 points

2nd
Angel Shadow Heart - 769 points

3rd
Wide Open and Available!

Whatever Next!? :handgun:

:thumbup:

211 ped Hogglo Guardian:

The ideal situation in the WPS would be that if A and B are on Trax, say... and B, C and D are on Longu, then it's A or B who need to screenie a Trax global, and B, C or D who need to capture a Longu swirl...

Yeah, this is the way we've always done it. If non-properly screened globals keep counting, eventually someone less honourable than those who've taken part so far will see it and take advantage of it. So I think Angel's point is fair, we should start insisting on the rules being followed.

And while we're at it, I think we should report that B guy to MA. He must be in violation of the EULA if he can be on Trax and Longu simulaneously! :silly2:

211 ped Hogglo Guardian:

Nice Work, Kev :thumbup:

Looks like another cheeky solo entry is competing for the Prize money.

How will a lone Englishman fare against a team of Americans..?

Global will do for a start, 211 points...

Get the other 4 for a valid entry, and Good luck :thumbup:

And while we're at it, I think we should report that B guy to MA. He must be in violation of the EULA if he can be on Trax and Longu simulaneously! :silly2:

Conceivably, from his vantage point on top of the hill at the border between the two LA's, he could choose to tag one or the other, nipping into the appropriate LA for each one...

Or it could just be one more of my daft mis-keys (mis-thinks?) :scratch2:

I'll leave it in, I think ;)

Nice Work, Kev :thumbup:

Looks like another cheeky solo entry is competing for the Prize money.

How will a lone Englishman fare against a team of Americans..?

Global will do for a start, 211 points...

Get the other 4 for a valid entry, and Good luck :thumbup:

Thanks mate...I thought I'd bank that in case I hit a big Kingfisher, you never know. :)

Thanks mate...I thought I'd bank that in case I hit a big Kingfisher, you never know. :)

Wouldn't be the first time... ;)

a "1 week gone" bump :thumbup:

Entry update

Hogglo Provider 177ped

Longu Dominant 63ped

WPS TEAM U.S.A. Support #7

With "current position stamps".

hog 177ped