**WOF Scotland 2008**

Just wanted to pop by and say well done to all your squad ;)

P.s. sure Star was not shot by his own team mate? I mean Kygon you killed about 3-4 Scots team members lol.

btw wasnt talking about star he just killed everyone at that spot 1 time, I was taking about one of the teams that got eliminated ;)

btw wasnt talking about star he just killed everyone at that spot 1 time, I was taking about one of the teams that got eliminated ;)

and let's face it Kygon kills his own team allllll the time :laugh:

and let's face it Kygon kills his own team allllll the time :laugh:

ok so I last hunt I killed our medics at least 1 time each
this time I only killed every person in the team once lol ;)

errrrm I do recall me having to visit a revive post a "slip" of the hand ;)

infact even Neomaven laughed and asked if he could start in the PK war:eyecrazy:

Well, we needed 273 and scraped by them with 483... so awesome result guys :yay::yay:

and tbh seeing the reports about Portugals behaviour today I'm even more pleased we stuck it right up them to knock them out of the event :D :woot::beerchug:

An awesome finish in true Team Scotland form: pulling the win out of our arse! ;)

I was hoping to squeak by...not blast by Portugal.

Well done...I am still amazed and look forward to another 6 weeks...or more... with you hooligans;)

Now do i get to polish off the Sala and do what i love doing best??:wtg:

Grats to all the Team....we shone brightly :laugh:

:yay: :yay: Gratz Scotland :yay: :yay: Great to see 2 of the home nations have gone through.

First of all, congratulations. You did extremely well last saturday. That kind of score is only possible with a lot of organization and hard work, and i congratulate you again on this.
Second, i'm shocked at some childish behaviours of a few of your posters, sticking up fingers at us and having all the sort of other atitudes that i would think to be non-existant amongst adults that i thought we were all.
This is a game. This is a game where support teams have a lot of ways to support the main team, either hunting to score points, fapping, running mobs to the main team or, surprise, pking.
As stated by the rules, i hope you read them:
"PvP in the WoF: As last year, it is allowed; no avatar should need to be in PvP areas to win the WoF, although some rounds may feature mobs found in such places. I do ask restraint where possible, and in certain cases teams may be warned against gratuitous Pk’ing, especially in matches where the end result is not crucial for both Teams. The Final will feature the most use of PvP areas.

Additional:

"How to deal with PvP in the WoF".

If you take part in the WoF this year, you might well find yourself within PvP areas in a desperate hunt for Globals. You might be visiting PvP for the first time, and be a little unsure of what to expect.

Firstly, some areas (PvP 3&4) need an anti-toxic shot to be applied, which will have to be renewed if you are shot. Budget accordingly.

Some areas (PvP 3&4) are Lootable PvP. If you are the sort of person likely to be shot, keep stackable goods to a minimum, as they will be looted from you. A trick one might use is to have a few guys carrying huge stacks of dung to weigh down those that loot them

All PvP areas are open to everyone in the game, as well as those taking part in the WoF. The actions of other avatars, and the dangers raised by those actions are a part of the Tournament, a factor to be considered and prepared for. Other Teams, their Support teams and random individuals can and will do pretty much what they like in PvP, so take this into account before you enter.

When not to Pk: The WoF cannot rule very effectively on individual incidents. All hunters are strongly urged to nevertheless comply with the spirit of the event. With this in mind, if the other team don't shoot back, cool it a little.

An acceptable pk would be killing members of a Main Team on their way to a hunting ground or on the way back from revival. An unacceptable Pk would be shooting the last member of a team who was just about to deal the final blow to the real big mob that just killed all his buddies and perhaps get a global that could make all the difference, but it's too far from revive and they don't even get to loot it; then it happens a few more times (with screenshots).... you get the idea. Fight all you want, but avoid kill-steals and exterminations."
Somehow, i find it hard to believe you didn't know of that, both yourselves and Lugzan from Estonia. If you didn't then, now you do know it, so I'm glad i have tought you this, it may be of some use to you later on.
If you don't remember seeing any pk in the competition, try remembering the hell of pvp4 when hunting attackers was almost impossible, or star hunting down every single green dot on radar when in the scip zone (i was there supporting a team at that time, so i saw it).

Good luck on the next stage.

PS: Lugzan is pissed because his team scored an all time low, that's all. The loot was bad, unlike later in the afternoon, and he got pked a few times.. life's a bitch...
PS2: demonizing your opponents is proper of fanatics...now back to my home Cannabis sativa culture... and switching anger mode off.

First of all, congratulations. You did extremely well last saturday. That kind of score is only possible with a lot of organization and hard work, and i congratulate you again on this.
Second, i'm shocked at some childish behaviours of a few of your posters, sticking up fingers at us and having all the sort of other atitudes that i would think to be non-existant amongst adults that i thought we were all.
This is a game. This is a game where support teams have a lot of ways to support the main team, either hunting to score points, fapping, running mobs to the main team or, surprise, pking.

Somehow, i find it hard to believe you didn't know of that, both yourselves and Lugzan from Estonia. If you didn't then, now you do know it, so I'm glad i have tought you this, it may be of some use to you later on.
If you don't remember seeing any pk in the competition, try remembering the hell of pvp4 when hunting attackers was almost impossible, or star hunting down every single green dot on radar when in the scip zone (i was there supporting a team at that time, so i saw it).

PS: Lugzan is pissed because his team scored an all time low, that's all. The loot was bad, unlike later in the afternoon, and he got pked a few times.. life's a bitch...
PS2: demonizing your opponents is proper of fanatics...now back to my home Cannabis sativa culture... and switching anger mode off.

Thanks for the gratz! It was a great effort from the guys hustling to get the various teams sobered up and out of the fridge long enough to really put on a show. :yay:

As to the rest of your post, the fact that Estonia chose not to post the thread with screenshots regarding the behaviour of some of your team during your match is regrettable, as it leaves some doubt as to what was actually going on. It's not my place to make public what was said to us if they choose not to.

I think I can say that they were disgusted with the behaviour of some Portuguese players during your round, (they did name names ) and they considered that behaviour to be well outside the guidelines as laid down by Hurrikane in the post you quoted.

As I say I kinda wish Estonia had posted the screenshots of the offending behaviour as this would clear things up once and for all.

However I can also say that the resolution of Team Scotland wouldn't have been any less even had the allegations not been made. We would have come out all guns blazing doing absolutely all we could to get through to the next round :)

We didn't complain about PvP - although I personally didn't play that round I'm sure Scotland lost more players due to our Captains mad gun blazing rampage than to Portugal. :)

And those rules you quoted are, apparently, the exact ones you broke vs Estonia. I was told that they had screenshots to prove that you were killing them while they were attempting to polish of mobs. I believe that now both teams are out of the WoF they probably won't be following it up.

No, our issue was the same as USA and Estonia's "other" problem with Portugal - the lack of response when trying to organise a game time suitable to both you and your opponents - this was what made your team unpopular. Personally I can believe that there was an issue maybe once, but for you to have the exact same problem for every match you played makes it very clear to me that it was a tactic to cause dissaray with ur opponents.
If it genuinly wasn't - then you really need to get a more organised team captain next year.

We'll see ya then. :)

"PvP in the WoF: As last year, it is allowed; no avatar should need to be in PvP areas to win the WoF, although some rounds may feature mobs found in such places. I do ask restraint where possible, and in certain cases teams may be warned against gratuitous Pk’ing, especially in matches where the end result is not crucial for both Teams. The Final will feature the most use of PvP areas.

Additional:

"How to deal with PvP in the WoF".

If you take part in the WoF this year, you might well find yourself within PvP areas in a desperate hunt for Globals. You might be visiting PvP for the first time, and be a little unsure of what to expect.

Firstly, some areas (PvP 3&4) need an anti-toxic shot to be applied, which will have to be renewed if you are shot. Budget accordingly.

Some areas (PvP 3&4) are Lootable PvP. If you are the sort of person likely to be shot, keep stackable goods to a minimum, as they will be looted from you. A trick one might use is to have a few guys carrying huge stacks of dung to weigh down those that loot them

All PvP areas are open to everyone in the game, as well as those taking part in the WoF. The actions of other avatars, and the dangers raised by those actions are a part of the Tournament, a factor to be considered and prepared for. Other Teams, their Support teams and random individuals can and will do pretty much what they like in PvP, so take this into account before you enter.

When not to Pk: The WoF cannot rule very effectively on individual incidents. All hunters are strongly urged to nevertheless comply with the spirit of the event. With this in mind, if the other team don't shoot back, cool it a little.

An acceptable pk would be killing members of a Main Team on their way to a hunting ground or on the way back from revival. An unacceptable Pk would be shooting the last member of a team who was just about to deal the final blow to the real big mob that just killed all his buddies and perhaps get a global that could make all the difference, but it's too far from revive and they don't even get to loot it; then it happens a few more times (with screenshots).... you get the idea. Fight all you want, but avoid kill-steals and exterminations."

Never knew anything about the PK issue, my problem with you guys was the tactic you used to delay fixing a match time.

I hunted in PvP4 during the attacker round and never got PK'd once, its about know your area.

Now I see you guys are out of the competition and what you gonna have pop shots at the teams that are left?

Your out, we PUMPED YOU! Face it and look forward to more of the same next year!

Never knew anything about the PK issue, my problem with you guys was the tactic you used to delay fixing a match time.

I hunted in PvP4 during the attacker round and never got PK'd once, its about know your area.

Now I see you guys are out of the competition and what you gonna have pop shots at the teams that are left?

Your out, we PUMPED YOU! Face it and look forward to more of the same next year!

Well...I guess our chances of getting team Portugal on our support teams is out of the question now...:bomb: ;)

Enough about Portugal. It was a good run, but we had a stellar finish that made our previous concerns fall by the wayside.

New round. New opponents. New mobs...and few, if any, are in a PvP zone.

We didn't complain about PvP - although I personally didn't play that round I'm sure Scotland lost more players due to our Captains mad gun blazing rampage than to Portugal.

I'm still waiting for Kygon to get a PvP HOF during the WOF from killing his own support personnel! :D:D:D

Good to see you are all doing so well in WoF this year. I've been sooo immensely busy with real life that I have had very little time to keep up to date on EU affairs, but I have made an effort to keep posted on the success and potential failures of the WoF Team Scotland.

I'm proud of you guys and gals. With some of the stuff I have heard about, I am sure it would be easy for there to be some ill-appropriate banter back and forth, yet (not to my surprise) you have risen above it and continued on with honor and determination.

Keep taking the fight to them, Scotland, and you may be the upset team of the year this time around. You certainly have the potential in you with the team you have assembled, so just keep faith and never surrender.

I am happy to say that you have all made me proud to be able to say that I was a part of Team Scotland when I had more time to get into trouble in the EU.

(now that all the nice stuff has been said... Go out there, kick them in the nads... bash in their skulls... kidnap their women and children and make them suffer!!!)

Good luck, gang... and yes, I am with you in spirit.

Hello Team Scotland,

Welcome to Stage 4: Bye, Robot.... 3 rounds of one-on-one matches against the best in the WoF.

Your first match will be:

Scotland Vs Italy

Please contact your opponents and choose a time, and at least one back-up time, from the following 3 slots.

Saturday April 12th:

17:00

21:00

Sunday April 13th:

11:00

Please PM me your choices for confirmation ASAP, next wednesday is still "late":)

Your matches to follow in Stage 4 are:

Scotland Vs Tibet
Scotland Vs France

Good luck:)

Hurrikane

Hi Scotland... Italy would like to play on 12 april 2008 at 21.00, let me know if this time suit you. Good luck in the next round

I can say with a degree of certainty that our first choice is the same as yours judging by our personal forum prioir to today.

What's your backup time? I don't think we're all that fussed on that one either, though I imagine that the 17:00 Sat would prolly be somewhat better for us. The Scottish hate to get up early on a Sunday. :)

Kygon needs to confirm this but I'm pretty sure these are his thoughts too.

And I know he will appreciatte how quickly you came to us with a time. :)

Good luck!

Correct me if I am wrong, but I am not aware that the in game clock moves for summer time, hence 2100 MA time is now actually 2200 Scotland time.

Has this been taken into consideration by the organisers, Scotland team members and the opposing teams?

Last edited:
Hi Scotland... Italy would like to play on 12 april 2008 at 21.00, let me know if this time suit you. Good luck in the next round

agreed send pm to hurrikane

Correct me if I am wrong, but I am not aware that the in game clock moves for summer time, hence 2100 MA time is now actually 2200 Scotland time.

Has this been taken into consideration by the organisers, Scotland team members and the opposing teams?

Hi,

Italy is aware of the change in time, which took place last weekend.
For us 21.00 MA time is now 23.00, and it's fine for us to play at that time.
Thanks for your consideration :)

Good luck for the match! ;)

Last edited:
Hi, your next match is Scotland Vs Tibet.

The time-slots are:

Friday April 25th:

23:00

Saturday April 26th:

17:00

21:00

Sunday April 27th:

11:00

Please contact your opponents, arrange a time and back-up time, and PM me before next Wednesday:)

Hurrikane

Oh, please note the new Sticky Threads: WoF Pro-Series and WoF Treasury.

Good job against Team Italia, folks. I was reviewing the War-Sheet... you outscored team America as well... they took a wee loss to Sweden.

Keep up the good work and I am going to just keep on rooting for you all the way to the finals!!

we are having trouble getting times sorted, so far we have been offered 17.00 sat, we all know this is out for us

we so far have not been offered a second option, get in forum and tell me ur avail for Friday and Sunday please :)

Saturday April 26th: 21:00/22:00 UK!

be there! :)

all in Scotland get WoFing or HoFing, hell get Bothing!

:yay:

And the Cat in the Hat is Back!

So glad I didn't miss this game. :)

Cya all 2morrow.

Hi, your next match is Scotland vs France,

Please contact your opponents and choose your slot and back-up slot from the following:

12:00 Saturday May 10th

17:00 Saturday May 10th

21:00 Saturday May 10th

11:00 Sunday May 11th

Hurrikane

Back