WoF South Africa 2008

Stage 2 Confirmed TimeSlots:

Saturday February 16th:

11:00..... Italy, Australia, Eudoria, Sweden

16:00..... FULL Finland, Greece, Scotland, Germany, Switzerland, Wales, South Africa, Amethera, Romania, Ireland
21:00..... FULL Tibet, America, Canada, Norway, Serbia, Denmark, Brazil, Belgium, Netherlands, France

Sunday February 17th :

01:00..... No Applications

12:00..... Austria, England, Portugal, Cuba

Still to Confirm:
Czech Republic, Estonia, Poland , and Turkey.

All Teams Not Confirmed

please get on the case and PM me before the end of Friday.... or you will be given any slot that is free!

Stage 2 Start/Finish Point:

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Co-Ords: Eudoria 20602, 13538

It's the Outpost in the desert south of Pandora.... a lovely spot to gather before a multinational massacre:)

See you there:)

Hurrikane

Hey SA, sorry you didn't make it. I suppose someone has to score lower, or there would be no event... but I really wish it wasn't you lot. Thanks for taking part, thanks for your enthusiasm, and good luck in anything else you do:)

Hurrikane

WoF's not over til the last team wins, Hurrikane ;)

For all of you who want to kick on, Australia would like to invite you to come join our support team :)
Australia and South Africa have a lot in common after all - and both are nations with a great sporting heritage.

Just go to the Group Memberships section of the User Control Panel, and apply to the WoF Team Australia usergroup.

Sad to see you people drop out.

Maybe some of you'll fancy supporting germany?
It may be that Australia is nearer the same longitude, but you folks have the same timezone like we in germany have ;)

Soz Pirx, but I've already signed up to support my new home country - Australia :yay:

I know some of my fellow South African teamies are supporting Team Tibet & the USA, not sure about the rest :rolleyes:

Gl & hf, may the loot be with all :D

So sorry you guys did not get through :(

But bet ya had fun anyway and there is always the braai to get back to and Beers to down :)

Keep Rolling...

Hi Peeps,
We had stacks of fun, and getting so many tips helping out other WOF teams...

PS.
Volgende Jaar.... "Gaan die KAK spat".... :boxer:

Cheers,
Oompie Prox :D

hy lieg nou bigtime!

*edit for translation*

He can like not to be telling the truth in a big timing

Last edited:
You wouldn't know a lie if it hit you between the eye's:rolleyes:

"Gooi Mielies".... and stop talking nonsense... :laugh:

Last edited:
Sorry to be tedious, but can you translate or remove all the foreign language posts above.... Rule 26 must be upheld:)

Hurrikane

Hey SA, sorry you didn't make it. I suppose someone has to score lower, or there would be no event... but I really wish it wasn't you lot. Thanks for taking part, thanks for your enthusiasm, and good luck in anything else you do:)

Hurrikane

Maybe next year, the Captain of S.A will remember his friends, from previous events, and use it to his advantage.

Maybe next year the Captain will have the brains to use alliances.

Maybe next year the Captain will remember who helped him the previous year..and so do his best not to piss them off!

Maybe next year.. You will chose a better Captain! :cool:

Maybe next year, the Captain of S.A will remember his friends, from previous events, and use it to his advantage.

Maybe next year the Captain will have the brains to use alliances.

Maybe next year the Captain will remember who helped him the previous year..and so do his best not to piss them off!

Maybe next year.. You will chose a better Captain! :cool:

Nice way to talk about the guy who's been to more FoFs than I have and judges whenever he's online, and that includes for England. If you want to kick someone when they are down, please use a PM in future instead of souring this Sub-Forum.

Hurrikane

Nice way to talk about the guy who's been to more FoFs than I have and judges whenever he's online, and that includes for England. If you want to kick someone when they are down, please use a PM in future instead of souring this Sub-Forum.

Hurrikane

Nope, and dont tell me what to do.
PM me then, and dont be such a hyprocrit!
I dont care if he is a Judge, do you know or have any idea how much I helped him last year?
Keep out of this, its nothing to do with you.

As i said before, i had a agreement with Spike (Wales) before hand, that if one of us fall out, the other will help.
I am not going against my word, so yes, Wales first.
I did say i can still help out, if England is not in the same time slot as Wales.

As for letting the team know, that you welcomed us in England team after we fell out. My apologizes, I was a bit slow, RL gets priority atm.

:hug:

Reactions: Lee
:eek: Damn guys, lighten up a little. (not telling anyone 'what to do', just making a suggestion)

No idea what's going on here, not my business, but it makes me sad to see folks I think so much of going at it like this. DJ I would have hoped after the HOF last night you would be in a better mood than this ;), and what you said above on a public forum was pretty harsh my friend.

I must say in MP's defense that he really did have a load on his plate this year with rl and did the best he could anyway. I didn't always agree with him but I know how flipping hard he worked against the odds, and how hard he tried to please everyone and still give us a fighting chance. I'm pretty sure he did tell us in the private forum about England's offer to join them afterwards too if that's an issue. We all make mistakes (me more than most admittedly :ahh:), but it's the intention that counts I hope.

Hurrikane's work and good natured preseverance through a ulcer inducing amount of stress with this event goes without saying, and I know he gets my respect, and is the only one of all of us who is irreplacable in WoF, end of. He doesn't try to take sides but does speak up when he has to and I don't envy him that task at all. I agree with him wholeheartedly this should be in pms.

More importantly though, this is 'just a game' folks, friendships are far more important than WoF or anything else at the end of the day, so hopefully my silly optimism about the world will be rewarded with seeing a :grouphug: here.

K, let me get this off my chest, I'm only going to say this once...

I'm not going to stay out of this, nor am I going to keep quiet about it.

Taking my home Country's Captain (and friend) on publicly was a big mistake. :mad: You're forgiven, everybody makes mistakes. ;) Please don't rinse and repeat.
Please stop the bashing of our Captain, we're not bashing yours nor are we bashing you for that matter! :confused:

MP did the best he could with what he had. He is a gr8 Cappy! :yay:
I wasn't aware of any arrangements or deals that were made by anybody in the team, nor did I ask until after we fell out. Frankly I don't give a hoot who somebody else support after their own team falls out. I signed up for support for the Aussies right after we fell out, and I want to support them - not because I have to, but because I want to. Before MP even had a chance to ask any of the teamies I've already signed up for support there, so did a couple of my fellow Soc m8s. Now, posts can fly back and forth until hell freezes over, but that's not gonna change the fact that you are upset. Nobody is responsible for your feelings and nobody can make you feel better except for you. You are in charge of your own emotions, and if publicly blowing off steam made you feel better, good on you. If you feel the need to rinse and repeat, do it privately please and not in the SA thread.

I'm just wondering why exactly are you upset? :scratch2: Isn't England the Number 1 ranked team at the moment? :D

"Pomp my Moer"

Not much I need to add to what Itch said.... *Go Teamy*:wtg:

I just find it very bad taste that this crap couldn't have been sorted out using PM... :scratch2:
I must add that not once did any of the SA team have a bad thing to say about the England team... on the contrary, the SA team only gave the England team praises and best Wishes.... mmmm
MP stuck his neck out.... putting his trust in a few new players this year, managing Us like a well Oiled machine... *Go Cappy* ::: :yay:

Life is short .... don't waste a moment.... :woot:

Cheers.. Oompie Prox :D

just for translation, Proxim is pumping his....um... i dunno what the word is...

1stly, it is against the rules of the forum to bring pesonal matters into the forum.
2cndly, i dont know about any arrangement with the British.
3rdly, there was a screw up somewhere, live with it.
4thly, the loss cannot be blamed upon one man alone.
5thly, i support the Aussie team, because it seemed like we had a deal going on.
6thly, im running out of ponts to say.
7thly, its a game, so take it easy, sheesh.
8thly, an alliance means that the Britush did something for the SA team, but i am not aware of anything.
9thly, its getting late and im sleepy.
10thly, im done posting

:eek: Damn guys, lighten up a little. (not telling anyone 'what to do', just making a suggestion)

No idea what's going on here, not my business, but it makes me sad to see folks I think so much of going at it like this. DJ I would have hoped after the HOF last night you would be in a better mood than this ;), and what you said above on a public forum was pretty harsh my friend.

I know, I know, I know, my friend!

But I knew this would eat away at me, I know myself fairly well!

I worked my ass off for MP last year, so felt slighted, I tried to be a bigger person and forget about it!

Then the other night it had been bumped up in 'new posts' and reminded me!

I just had to get it out of my system, fundamentaly, I know MP is a good person, I do, so is Hurrikane, I just had a beef about some things.

My 'Beef' is over and done with now.

Anyway WALES, would have been my 2nd choice also, Im Welsh! :laugh:

No hard feelings.

I know, I know, I know, my friend!

But I knew this would eat away at me, I know myself fairly well!

I worked my ass off for MP last year, so felt slighted, I tried to be a bigger person and forget about it!

Then the other night it had been bumped up in 'new posts' and reminded me!

I just had to get it out of my system, fundamentaly, I know MP is a good person, I do, so is Hurrikane, I just had a beef about some things.

My 'Beef' is over and done with now.

Anyway WALES, would have been my 2nd choice also, Im Welsh! :laugh:

No hard feelings.

Sorry from me too, just leaping to the defence of a mate and forgetting who I'm supposed to be in this Tournament.

All settled down now:)

Hurrikane

Thanx Hurrikane.

I love this event btw, thanx for all your hard work.

:)

thats a quick peace settlement... 0_0

I was hoping for at least some more insults. 0_o

Reactions: dj.
guess its better than nothing :laugh:

Hi Team South Africa. I know missing out on the later Rounds can't be nice, but there is something else you can now do to prove your country's greatness:)

Please look at the WoF Pro-Series Sticky for info:)

Hurrikane

Back