***WoF STAGE 4 MOBLIST, GROUPS and INFO***

I agree why keep it to PC? see who wants it throw some sharks in ;)

The judges would have a hard time scoring the matches on different planets, but CP and FOMA are okay from Calypso.

I know this may not apply until further down the road, but having spent time on Next Island, the globals from other planets no longer show up in chat. Only HOFs do. Should there be some sort of future mob list across planets, there will be complications in judges scoring globals!

If this continues I will drop the plans for consecutive Moblists and we will have the first WoF without travelling. The Calypso-Based moblist for the semi finals is decided. To ask for Judges in each location is a step too far that would seem more possible maybe next year, not this one.

Confirmation of the Global/HoF chat from FOMA/CP would be very useful... Can anyone do that?

Fortunately, Hurri has assured me that there's planty of time to switch to Plan B if it remains an issue, and being pretty clever he already has a back-up Calypso based mob-list waiting in the wings...

I confirm FOMA/CP global chat while on Calypso.

The judges would have a hard time scoring the matches on different planets, but CP and FOMA are okay from Calypso.

No, they just need to be in the team, as it once was... a mob list like this aint fun. Yes, we can find them easy... and kill alot off them. BUT what is the fun in that... a smaller mob and a more rare mob is needed for it to be some kinda changel to get the bouns.

Why is not kingfisher on the list ? Becouse there is a spawn that mr. IT dont own... and he dont get all the tax.. :rolleyes:

Why is not kingfisher on the list ? Becouse there is a spawn that mr. IT dont own... and he dont get all the tax.. :rolleyes:

It is a round sponsored by Treasure Island, so naturally the creatures will be ones from TI and Hurrikane does a good job of balancing the strategic options for point scoring with the collection of creatures available.

- Deathifier

No, they just need to be in the team, as it once was...

Two weeks ago, I was in a team across planets, and the rest globaled on a mob on a different planet. The Calypso global didn't appear in my Next Island chat. I only got the swirls, hence I could only tell what they globaled on based on the chat (atrox bone = atrox global, size unknown - just the loot).

Besides, the cross-planet lists probably have support team mobs too, hence, a judge would actually need to be on the planet, and they can only judge that planet. Or a judge would have to be in every team - which is near impossible.

Stage 4 moblist is because of LA owner WOF sponsorship, so is/was Stage 3. This isn't the first stage, nor the last stage. There are still plenty of mobs Hurrikane can throw at the teams.

I don't have all of the mobs in front of me, but so far there are about 7-8 unique mobs per list, and with the qualifier, Stage 3, 4, semis, and finals. There are 5 mob lists this year, meaning 35-40 different mobs, and possibly more, will be utilized. In years with a fuller schedule, there are two more lists, so maybe 49-56 mobs in a year of WOF.

More of challenge and rare you say. Imagine this:
Main: Maffoid, Gokibusagi, Igni, Merp, and Pupugi
Support: Gibnib, Chirpy, Mermoth, and Umbranoid
Bonus: Fugabarba

This quite possibly would be the lowest scoring list, if teams wouldn't forfeit first.

Some lists have their own character, and this Stage 4 one focuses on firepower. Take a look at the next couple lists when they get published, there could be some rare ones on those lists.

It is a round sponsored by Treasure Island, so naturally the creatures will be ones from TI and Hurrikane does a good job of balancing the strategic options for point scoring with the collection of creatures available.

- Deathifier

oh... so you did move Phasm DNA ? Or do them use a wormehole...

You have foul and bisle, why are them not in WoF... but spawn on IT. Combibo is not TI right... ?

Last edited:
Two weeks ago, I was in a team across planets, and the rest globaled on a mob on a different planet. The Calypso global didn't appear in my Next Island chat. I only got the swirls, hence I could only tell what they globaled on based on the chat (atrox bone = atrox global, size unknown - just the loot).

Besides, the cross-planet lists probably have support team mobs too, hence, a judge would actually need to be on the planet, and they can only judge that planet. Or a judge would have to be in every team - which is near impossible.

Stage 4 moblist is because of LA owner WOF sponsorship, so is/was Stage 3. This isn't the first stage, nor the last stage. There are still plenty of mobs Hurrikane can throw at the teams.

I don't have all of the mobs in front of me, but so far there are about 7-8 unique mobs per list, and with the qualifier, Stage 3, 4, semis, and finals. There are 5 mob lists this year, meaning 35-40 different mobs, and possibly more, will be utilized. In years with a fuller schedule, there are two more lists, so maybe 49-56 mobs in a year of WOF.

More of challenge and rare you say. Imagine this:
Main: Maffoid, Gokibusagi, Igni, Merp, and Pupugi
Support: Gibnib, Chirpy, Mermoth, and Umbranoid
Bonus: Fugabarba

This quite possibly would be the lowest scoring list, if teams wouldn't forfeit first.

Some lists have their own character, and this Stage 4 one focuses on firepower. Take a look at the next couple lists when they get published, there could be some rare ones on those lists.

Aslong as you have a judge in the team it dont matter what planet your on. Aint the world to take pic and upload, we have done it before so cant be alot to ask now.
Still upload screen or get some people that are up there to run ET, will cover the support pts.

The thing I did mean was... to have let say Malc gurd+ as a 10pts mob. To make it harder to get the bouns. And I cant understand why not use a mob in a better way. As Atrox (best mob to show firepower on).
Main:
OA-Stalker - 8pts
Provider - Alpha 6pts

Support:
Old - 4pts
Young - Mature - 2pts

So, score dont matter. Everybody have the same list. But hey nextround will have the highest scores in WoF history I guess... so gz mr. IT to all the tax for you... you have workt hard for it... :scratch:

Last edited:
Aslong as you have a judge in the team it dont matter what planet your on. Aint the world to take pic and upload, we have done it before so cant be alot to ask now.
Still upload screen or get some people that are up there to run ET, will cover the support pts.

The thing I did mean was... to have let say Malc gurd+ as a 10pts mob. To make it harder to get the bouns. And I cant understand why not use a mob in a better way. As Atrox (best mob to show firepower on).
Main:
OA-Stalker - 8pts
Provider - Alpha 6pts

Support:
Old - 4pts
Young - Mature - 2pts

So, score dont matter. Everybody have the same list. But hey nextround will have the highest scores in WoF history I guess... so gz mr. IT to all the tax for you... you have workt hard for it... :scratch:

Agreed I host SOC cross planet hunts all the time ALL players on the team on both planets see the global. Where it becomes a problem is if their is a lot of loot in the drop. I have had globals I couldn't see what the amount was at the time do to too many lines of text. I can't see this happening with one or two on a single mob very often tho. But then again amount don't matter it is maturity.

Aslong as you have a judge in the team it dont matter what planet your on.

When a global hits on a different planet with a cross-planet team, everyone knows there is a global, those on the same planet as the mob only know what kind and how much the global is. Try it yourself :wise:, you can see the global, but not on what mob and not how much it is. There are additional points for Susan globals.

Second, if there aren't many players on a planet, the chat log is limited to those on one team. As WOF is judged as impartially as possible, there would have to be several different chat logs to verify the scores. Screenshots, yes, we're to have them in case, but judges are present for real time scoring and screenshots are second to their judging as a backup (unless the match starts without judges, in which case, both teams send in chat logs - which are impossible if on different planets).

Third, to add in checks and balances, all of the judges for a match score as many teams in a match as they can, and all judges can't be everywhere at once.

Fourth, are you paying the 40PED fare each way for at least two judges traveling to other planets?

Hurrikane's main goal for judges is least PED for traveling, and it costs more between planets than FOMA/CP.

Hurrikane already has the mob lists for this year. Did you play last year? Malcs were a support mob. Part of the issue was simply finding enough of them to kill and the teams only globaled a few of them. Did you play 2 years ago at CND? The caperon spawn went fooboo and every one of them died within minutes, and they respawned after 15 minutes and it all started again. The one way to get a better chance for a global was to kill steal, which isn't the intent of WOF. To have enough malcs now would require an LA or SEE to add a spawn, but adding new spawns were just about a nightmare. How fun is that?? Can't find anything to kill, and better yet, the other team kills the missing piece for a global, now you're struggling to go find one of those same mobs to recoup those missing points.

Trox, aah! I've suggested a mix between main and support in the "Your 2 cents thread", but since Hurrikane already has the lists for this year, it more than likely will be next year, unless a mob completely disappears and he has to come up with an alternate solution.

Take a look at Stage 4 last year:

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Stage 4 is complete - some impressive feats of hunting that I will detailing later in the appropriate team threads. Stay tuned...

Even Rayne Jade was impressed. The scores were among the highest of last year (even look at individual match scores versus the rest of the matches). Feel free to dig through the warsheet thread for 2010 information.

A Stage 4 win this year will come by firepower. It'll be fun.

Agreed I host SOC cross planet hunts all the time ALL players on the team on both planets see the global. Where it becomes a problem is if their is a lot of loot in the drop. I have had globals I couldn't see what the amount was at the time do to too many lines of text. I can't see this happening with one or two on a single mob very often tho. But then again amount don't matter it is maturity.

Actually ped amount does matter as well, and needs to be noted on the scoresheet. Already had a couple cases this year so far where the Loot bonus made the difference between win and loss.

AND, even if judges are teamed, we usually have to turn off the team chat as there is WAY too much scrolling by to be able to have it on and still see all the globals, so judges would really have to be on every planet.

Yes, relying on Entropia Tracker is an option, or posting screenies, but we have never had to do that before, even screenies, and it is a LOT more preferable to have the scoring completed at the end of each match and that is probably not possible if we rely on ET and screenies....besides, I think most of us still would prefer some human eyes on the chat window as none of the other options are truly 100% reliable. How many hunts do you get 100% of your global screenies with the proper time stamps, etc? How often does ET miss globals? We need judges on each planet to really make this work. And as we have so few volunteers for judges this year, really don't see how this is possible, even setting aside the extra cost to both the judges and the teams for travel.

Last edited:
When a global hits on a different planet with a cross-planet team, everyone knows there is a global, those on the same planet as the mob only know what kind and how much the global is. Try it yourself :wise:, you can see the global, but not on what mob and not how much it is. There are additional points for Susan globals.

Second, if there aren't many players on a planet, the chat log is limited to those on one team. As WOF is judged as impartially as possible, there would have to be several different chat logs to verify the scores. Screenshots, yes, we're to have them in case, but judges are present for real time scoring and screenshots are second to their judging as a backup (unless the match starts without judges, in which case, both teams send in chat logs - which are impossible if on different planets).

Third, to add in checks and balances, all of the judges for a match score as many teams in a match as they can, and all judges can't be everywhere at once.

Fourth, are you paying the 40PED fare each way for at least two judges traveling to other planets?

Hurrikane's main goal for judges is least PED for traveling, and it costs more between planets than FOMA/CP.

Hurrikane already has the mob lists for this year. Did you play last year? Malcs were a support mob. Part of the issue was simply finding enough of them to kill and the teams only globaled a few of them. Did you play 2 years ago at CND? The caperon spawn went fooboo and every one of them died within minutes, and they respawned after 15 minutes and it all started again. The one way to get a better chance for a global was to kill steal, which isn't the intent of WOF. To have enough malcs now would require an LA or SEE to add a spawn, but adding new spawns were just about a nightmare. How fun is that?? Can't find anything to kill, and better yet, the other team kills the missing piece for a global, now you're struggling to go find one of those same mobs to recoup those missing points.

Trox, aah! I've suggested a mix between main and support in the "Your 2 cents thread", but since Hurrikane already has the lists for this year, it more than likely will be next year, unless a mob completely disappears and he has to come up with an alternate solution.

Take a look at Stage 4 last year:

Even Rayne Jade was impressed. The scores were among the highest of last year (even look at individual match scores versus the rest of the matches). Feel free to dig through the warsheet thread for 2010 information.

A Stage 4 win this year will come by firepower. It'll be fun.

Just post screens... It dont realy matter if you can tell score 5min after it's over or 4 days later. More options is needed (it's so boring whit LA mobs... far to easy). The final in 2009 when support and main did need to post screen to get the points (if it was a kill on CND or not).

You have "sponsor stege" use that peds to travel...

Maby I was in last year, dont realy remeber. But that is the point whit a hard 10pts mob... it becomes more like a secound bonus mob and not a mob you can go hard on. If you whant the full bonus you need to plan how to do it fast, not just load up on ammo and tp in a LA and start shooting everything. How fun is that... ?
This event have gone from mobs that have natural spawn, then spawn MA have put in to now... LA only...

Just post screens... It dont realy matter if you can tell score 5min after it's over or 4 days later. More options is needed (it's so boring whit LA mobs... far to easy). The final in 2009 when support and main did need to post screen to get the points (if it was a kill on CND or not).

You have "sponsor stege" use that peds to travel...

Maby I was in last year, dont realy remeber. But that is the point whit a hard 10pts mob... it becomes more like a secound bonus mob and not a mob you can go hard on. If you whant the full bonus you need to plan how to do it fast, not just load up on ammo and tp in a LA and start shooting everything. How fun is that... ?
This event have gone from mobs that have natural spawn, then spawn MA have put in to now... LA only...

Mob lists are chosen for Stage 4 at this point. Can pretty much guarantee they won't be changed short of some really unforseen event happening to current spawns. Perhaps you can continue this discussion where it might be considered for future stages....here, where Hurrikane actually has asked for input on mobs and such. Of course, that thread was started back in December, so maybe too late for the type of input you now provide, but maybe not.

No matter what moblist is drawn up it will not suit everyone.

WOF originated in Calypso I would like to see it stay there for this reason and simplicity.

I have not judged yet however it I gather is a reasonablly difficult tedious job for very little reward.

I'll change that No reward except for a pat on the back. Those that want to make it more difficult should take a few turns at judging.

As for my first sentance I and a few others love this list. I think it represents an excellant challange to try and achieve a good score. On the other hand others appear to hate it.

Reiterate on the 40ped each way tp fees. This will further reduce the participants whether for monetary reasons or as in my case purely on principal on these ridiculous fees. Another story

A few words on the Stage you are about to face, heroically and stoically.

The Moblist:

Yes, it's sponsored by Deathifier. All the mobs on this list are Mobs owned by him (Although some may be found elsewhere). It's worked so well having a TI stage in the past that it's become a tradition. It also helps form a major part of the prize fund which is a good thing, especially this year.

The Moblist was made with the intention of presenting options. If a team got the bonuses they sought then decided to camp a mob for the rest of the match, they get SEG's (5,10), Furors (6,9) or Hogglos (8+8); on average, roughly the same chance of points. Just a choice based on your knowledge and hunches as to what would be the better one to go for. To have every moblist as a straight 'Bonuses then get the 10-pointers' affair would be dull.
The Mobs on the Support List are 'All Maturities' for good reason; no need to create monsters, the teams can go for younger mobs and score the same. Same thinking with the Hogglos in the Main list; we had stalkers one year (I was asked for more bad-ass mobs, went too bad-ass) and the profit didn't cover the fertiliser.

Why not Kingfishers? They were in the mini-qualifier moblist and I try not to double up mob inclusions (haven't yet).

Will this be the highest scoring stage in WoF history? After 5 years I sincerely hope so:)

As for 'too hard'; I have less than 150 health and hunt in worn-out Bear armour with cheap-ass unlimited guns, and I've taken on and killed everything on the list. For SEG's I need a friend or two, same as Letomie. In a WoF match you have your friends and your countrymen. There is nothing on the planet a team of 12 can't kill. There's nothing on the Main Team list that a team of four hard-hitters can't plough through. No-one ever said each mob needs to be solo-able for the general public, there is supposed to be a challenge. The challenge here is to show up willing with a friend or five and go knock some big mobs over. For those able to lay waste to the whole list in their sleep, the challenge is to do your thing while the other teams surprise you with their choices, points and tenacity. It's a Stage I'm particularly looking forward to, but as always, I welcome all comments. Debate is healthy.

Oh, and as for the Semi's and the travelling issue: NO-ONE will have to travel if they don't want to. You have my word. Any mobs from other locations will be included as ALTERNATIVES to SOME of the Calypso Mobs. Again, it's all down to making the right choice on the day.

Good luck to all teams. May trumpets herald every kill.

Hurrikane

I've given the large furor a bump in maturity to put them at the level they were supposed to be for WoF : thief/rogue/scavenger.

The other creatures are already set properly.

Good luck everyone!

- Deathifier

I've given the large furor a bump in maturity to put them at the level they were supposed to be for WoF : thief/rogue/scavenger.

Good luck everyone!

- Deathifier

You have raised some maturity for wof, but why you havent raised cornundacaudas to max maturity and spawn???? :S

You have raised some maturity for wof, but why you havent raised cornundacaudas to max maturity and spawn???? :S

This would not be a bad idea, as Corns Do feature...

How about it Zach..? Bump up the Corn Spawn? :thumbup:

Agreed. Can revert the spawn after Stage 4.

why you havent raised cornundacaudas to max maturity and spawn???? :S

Agreed. Can revert the spawn after Stage 4.

Although of course, TI is not the Only place with Corns, and at least one a high maturity spawns exists...

Maybe Zach is merely attempting to Not monopolize the mob-list this Round, and is kindly allowing other LA owners to get a look-in at the Mighty WoF Dollar :thumbup:

Good luck everyone!

- Deathifier

Just went and checked the TI Corn Spawn... For whatever reason they are minimum maturity minimum numbers and I feel certain that this is not what you'd call "Set Properly". My understanding of that LA is they are intended to be Stalkers...

If you've run out of Poo I have over 3k in storage that I could let you have for a good price :thumbup:

The Cornundacauda on TI were stalkers up until a few months ago, when they were turned off and it converted to youngs.

They will stay that way for WoF, which should make planning interesting - do you slug it out on the small yet semi-dense spawn, or spread out to the various wild spawns (and other LA spawns if there are any left) which have higher maturity in them yet place your team members physically further away?

Then there is the question of how many people do you assign to it and its bonus point potential vs. more raw score from the other support creatures?

I look forward to seeing what approaches the different teams take :)

- Deathifier

Thanx Zach :)

You make some Very good points...

Tactics become Very important at this stage of the WoF, and Many things are possible with a little plan-
-ning

:thumbup:

Back