WoF Topic

Loot per Stage (so far...)

I thought you WoFers would like to know how the mobs are paying so far in the different Stages of the WoF. You guys were out there, so I imagine you have an idea, but these are the hard facts ;)

STAGE 1
Globals: 277
Loot: 34,181
Ave: 123.40

STAGE 2
Globals: 771
Loot: 83,383
Ave: 108.15

STAGE 3
Globals: 1,251
Loot: 145,028
Ave: 115.93

WoF Totals so far (Includes Stage 4.1)
Globals: 2,766
Loot: 337,617
Ave: 122.06

Interestingly, the hated Stage 1 produced the highest average global thus far.

Comments.... thoughts....?

Last edited:
I thought you WoFers would like to know how the mobs are paying so far in the different Stages of the WoF. You guys were out there, so I imagine you have an idea, but these are the hard facts ;)

STAGE 1
Globals: 261
Loot: 33,103
Ave: 126.83

STAGE 2
Globals: 748
Loot: 81,610
Ave: 109.10

STAGE 3
Globals: 1,246
Loot: 144,651
Ave: 116.09

WoF Totals so far (Includes Stage 4.1)
Globals: 2,730
Loot: 334,300
Ave: 122.45

Interestingly, the hated Stage 1 produced the highest average global thus far. Also, as a group you have already surpassed the total for the entire 2008 WoF (256,890 PED).

Comments.... thoughts....?

Going on the figure from last year (257k PED near enough), does anyone have an idea (with some mathematical basis lol) of how much the non-global loot would be for that amount? To arrive at a total of loot recieved? And from there a figure for the amount of ammo/other costs involved?

Just interested, going on this year's figures it seems the WoF is paying for shiny new Beemers for all of MA lol

Hurrikane

Going on the figure from last year (257k PED near enough), does anyone have an idea (with some mathematical basis lol) of how much the non-global loot would be for that amount? To arrive at a total of loot recieved? And from there a figure for the amount of ammo/other costs involved?

Just interested, going on this year's figures it seems the WoF is paying for shiny new Beemers for all of MA lol

Hurrikane

Bigger mobs return a higher proportion of their loot in globals than smaller mobs, as you might expect perhaps. I've been recording my loot since last October, I hunt mainly stuff like Formidon, Itumatrox, Kingfisher, TskTsk, Oculus but also some smaller stuff from time to time, particularly in the Mutant and Bot Attacks. So I guess my hunting falls roughly under big support mobs or small main team mobs, probably not all that bad an average to use for comparison with WoF.

In the my last 75k PED of hunting, 33.5% of the tt returned is in globals (all under 1k PED so nothing too distorting). That figure is higher generally for bigger mobs and lower generally for smaller mobs. But let's guess that's fairly typical for WoF, so about a third of loot is in globals.

So last year we returned about 257k*3 = 771k PED (this year looks set to go over 1M PED).

Hunting tt return is typically about 90% of tt costs, but WoF is very uneco so I'd hazard a guess we can knock it down to 80% or perhaps even less. Let's say 80%. So last year we spent 771k/0.8 = 964k PED in WoF which would make our tt losses about 200k PED or $20000. But lots of guesswork involved here so it's only an order of magnitude estimate, could easily be $10k out either way. And of course, you have to take into account only the excess hunting that WoF causes (some people doing WoF would likely still be hunting then even if there was no WoF).

Btw, are Rayne Jade's figures main team only, or do they include support?

Last edited:
Last edited:
Excellent call, Jimmy... the numbers above are Main Team only. Tonight, I will include Support Team scores as well. That should really pump up the total considering what Sweden Support got :laugh:

Yeah, thought so. I remembered calculating/estimating total tt loot in WoF 2008 to be well over 1M PED after including support.

23 Teams so far :yay:
(32 Last Year)

Australia/New Zealand

Just a thanks for mentioning the New Zealand contingent of the Aussie team. Small in numbers but big on pride, love/hate sporting relationship with Aussie since the dawn of time. :D

Massive brain-fart... disregard.

I should have realized earlier where this data came from. The numbers posted above are from the Mob Results Data Sheet, and therefore include Main, Support and Bonus mobs. The previous PED total is correct for all scores in WoF 2009.

Last edited:
Is the 2008 tally of 257k Main and Support too, or just Main?

Is the 2008 tally of 257k Main and Support too, or just Main?

Only Main unfortuntely... I have a nice little break until the next matches so I can figure out the Support totals from 2008. :computer:

Stay tuned...

Only Main unfortuntely... I have a nice little break until the next matches so I can figure out the Support totals from 2008. :computer:

Stay tuned...

Well... don't bother :laugh: After examining my records for 2008 I see that I have less that 25% of the raw data. The totals for Main Team loot from 2008 are correct, but I can't even speculate about Support Team. Support Team records have not been accurately tracked until this year (I collect all data). Unless the scores are floating around Hurrikane's camper I am afraid we will never know.

Loot Progress Thru Stage 4.1

Forget all the other stuff (I will be deleting it soon anyway)...

This is THE LOOT TABLE!! It shows Main and Support with totals for each stage and the grand totals so far. I went through every single scoresheet from every single match to make sure to loot totals are accurate.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

As the WoF progresses, so will this table. If you think that table is hard on the eyes, try sitting in my seat for a few days ;)

Another installment of meaningless stats and such:

Main Teams that have looted over 30,000 PED WoF Competition:

Romania
-- 52,213 PED

Sweden
-- 43,389 PED

England
-- 40,172 PED

USA
-- 38,383 PED

Australia
-- 32,461 PED

Consider that Main Team Loot for the history of WoF is 470,762 and you will see that these 5 teams account for a staggering 44% of that.

As far as the All-Time Record for loot goes, you can see it changes every match with Romania enjoying a comfortable lead.

More trivia, but some teams might find this useful - if not this year maybe next year:

Full Variety (Main + Sup) was achieved 39 times so far.
Teams that got full variety won 28 times, lost 11 times.

Anything less than full variety was achieved 41 times.
Those teams won 10 times, lost 31 times.

FULL VARIETY RECORD
28 - 11

NOT FULL VARIETY RECORD
10 - 31

Statistically, getting full variety seems to be rewarded.

This coming weekend is Stage 4.3 and it is do or die for half of the teams. Here are the matchups:

GROUP A:
ENGLAND (4-1) v SCOTLAND (3-2)
ROMANIA (5-0) v ITALY (2-3)

GROUP B:
USA (5-0) v PORTUGAL (4-1)
SWEDEN (2-3) v POLAND (1-4)

GROUP C:
FRANCE (4-1) v CANADA (3-2)
AUSTRALIA (5-0) v GREECE (2-3)

Should be exciting to see what happens.

WoF Coverage on AHR

Thought I'd just stick this in here rather than make a new thread and clutter the already full WoF forum, though I will make a thread over on AHR forum for comments. (edit: done now, see HERE)

We managed finally this last weekend to get live coverage from the DJs on AHR, with updates of the (unconfirmed) scores in the matches as they were being played. I thought it went very well indeed despite rather last minute planning and no 'pr' for it ahead of time, so hopefully AHR will continue to take an interest in WoF through the rest of this year, and on into WoF 2010.

Hope this was and will be something helpful and fun for all WoFers :)

Last edited:
Indeed... thanks for mentioning that Lee! I am curious about good / bad feedback from those updates. Was it good?

Confirmed
It was very interesting to listen at AHR this weekend. Despite the numbers was not confirmed it gave us a good clue on our progress.

So its thumbs up from me (Both hands)

Regards Coach

A look at tomorrows matches and some history:

GROUP A:
ENGLAND (4-1) v SCOTLAND (3-2)
-- Never faced each other before

ROMANIA (5-0) v ITALY (2-3)

-----------------------------------------------

GROUP B:
USA (5-0) v PORTUGAL (4-1)
-- Stage 3.1 2008: USA won, 500 - 234

SWEDEN (2-3) v POLAND (1-4)
-- Stage 2.1 2007: Sweden won, 63 - 4

-----------------------------------------------

GROUP C:
FRANCE (4-1) v CANADA (3-2)

AUSTRALIA (5-0) v GREECE (2-3)
-- Stage 2.1 2007: Australia won, 46 - 0

Good luck to all teams :thumbup:

Stage 4 Complete

So... a hearty GRATZ! to the teams going on to the SemiFinals:

ENGLAND (5-1) v SWEDEN (3-3)

USA (6-0) v FRANCE (5-1)

AUSTRALIA (6-0) v ROMANIA (6-0)

England, Sweden and Romania all are enjoying their 3rd trip to the Semis - meaning these teams have advanced every WoF so far!

USA and France are in the Semis for the 2nd time in their history.

Australia is making their first appearance in the Semis... and show no signs of stopping ;)

A special note here... France overcame a 204 point deficit in the standings to advance to the Semis. None of us with the WoF can recall such a comeback... so that will be know as the greatest comeback in WoF history! It was thrilling to watch and judge - we were on the edge of our seats the entire 3 hours. Well done Team France!

So now we know who is going to the Semifinals... but which team had the hardest schedule... :scratch2: Well let's take a look, shall we?

Code:
TEAM          Record     Opp Rec     Opp Points
AUSTRALIA       6-0        3-15        5204
ENGLAND         5-1        8-16        4897
USA             6-0        8-16        4898
ROMANIA         6-0        8-16        5670
SWEDEN          3-3       10-14        5610
FRANCE          5-1        7-17        4478

Looking in terms of the Opponents record, Sweden faced the toughest competition. However, in terms of points it was Romania.

You decide ;)

A look at how our semifinalists have fared in prior SemiFinal competition:

Code:
[B][U]TEAM        W   L[/U][/B]
ROMANIA     2 - 0
SWEDEN      2 - 0
USA         1 - 0
AUSTRALIA   0 - 0
ENGLAND     1 - 1
FRANCE      0 - 1

These are the matches on Saturday, and any history between the two teams:

ENGLAND (5-1) v SWEDEN (3-3)
-- First time meeting in head-to-head matchplay

USA (6-0) v FRANCE (5-1)

AUSTRALIA (6-0) v ROMANIA (6-0)

So interestingly enough, none of the semifinal teams have played each other before...

Before corrections start flying in, let me note that while these teams may have faced each other in the Finals before, that is not the same. A unique aspect of the WoF is the three-way Final match. So standard won-loss would not apply since 1 team will win, while 2 lose as the result of 1 match ;)

Last edited:
This may have been brought up, but there were probems with the spawns that were dependant upon MA to spawn.

I'd say stick with the regular mobs or those on the LA's. It seems MA was unable to keep steady and stable spawns for all hunts...

This may have been brought up, but there were probems with the spawns that were dependant upon MA to spawn.

I'd say stick with the regular mobs or those on the LA's. It seems MA was unable to keep steady and stable spawns for all hunts...

Has definately been mentioned a few times, yes...

You keep getting England wrong, stop it! :D

Can't explain it... nothing against England, I swear! Corrected.

Mob Payout Thru Stage 5

Unsure if anyone is checking this stuff out... but here is more data for the hell of it ;)

mob_breakdown_thru_stage_5.jpg

Some note to consider when viewing this:

** Stages 1 & 2 were 1 hunt with 24 teams
** Stage 3 was 3 hunts with 24 teams
** Stage 4 was 3 hunts with 12 teams
** Stage 5 was 1 hunt with 6 teams

This will explain what seems to be large variances in number of globals.

The mobs in italics are the bonus mob and only required 1 global.

Enjoy :thumbup:

Back