News: WoF Winners Ceremony '09

Skam

The Half-Wit Phoenix
Society
Rabbids
Silicon Skam Chip
header_598134.jpg

Sunny Cape Corinth made a perfect backdrop for the WoF Ceremony. Romania finally got their hard-earned prizes, a leather jacket with the golden WoF logo; outshining the sun itself.

WoF veterans and curious bystanders alike gathered around FPC representatives and holders of the prize goodies, Emma and Simon. The top three nations in WoF 2009, Romania, USA and Sweden, were handed prizes and diplomas for their effords in the largest event in Entropia Universe, rallying hundreds of players every year.

Starting at third and working up to the champions, Simon handed out prizes to Team Sweden and Team USA. While Sweden gathered their prizes, USA's Star declared the kiddie pool open, and Da, Skippie, Crazy Bacon and Kydde went wild, splashing water on the armored Swedes. It didn't seem to bother them though, one could assume it was refreshing under the glowing sun. All armored up in the heat, they could easily have ended up as canned soup.

splash.jpg

But no matter the splashing; what everyone wanted to know was what the color of the new WoF jackets would be. Previous WoF winner jackets have been green (USA 2007) and blue (UK 2008). This year it came in a leathery brown, but most importantly, radiating Romanian national pride.

National Pride
The win might have been extra sweet this year, since nothing seems to have ever come easy to Romanians. The country has in the past given other players a sour taste in the mouth, labelling them as scammers or thieves. This, in turn, sparked the national feeling within the Romanians.
"Even tho most Romanians are not scammers and thieves, those managed to make us all look bad. We wanted to show that our community has good examples in it. We always did our best to win, and we were close in the first edition. So I would say that the desire to win was there for all people. We also made use of all willing to help in any way. Even with Opalo." Romania's proud captain BlackHawk shares. The jacket is a symbol of the progress the Romanian nation has made; for themselves and for the representation of their country.

In the beginning, they didn't even want to participate.
"Mostly because of what happened previous years. But some people really wanted to participate, and the most important of all was Christian Chris ChrisPope. He was really persistent about joining the event and called me from Canada insisting that we should be there." BlackHawk shares, "Even tho most people in the beginning did not want to participate, we decided to do our best to win," And so they did.

Building of a community
Friendship and pride have been the glue holding the team together, while strategy helped them to reach their ultimate goal.
"I would say most part is strategy. There is some luck factor, but most of it is made by the strategy. I would say that we were unlucky during the event and our loot mostly sucked, and we had heavy loses in most stages. And one other 'luck factor' was that some of our opponents disregarded our team and did not do the best they could have done to win against us."

The tight Romanian bonds extend from the virtual world into the real one. ROUA's saracutu greuceanu zidul has been a great driving force in the building of those bonds.
"He always does something to bring us all from Bucharest in a place for few beers and some chat, and this keeps the community together. Some people were not in main team, but they did more for winning than if they would have been shooting in main."

"Greatest pleasure was to see so many people willing to help for a common goal. We saw how many friends we have. The win feels great. It was what we all wanted." he ends, and thanks everyone.

[YOUTUBE]vvhNSxK_VsI[/YOUTUBE]
Video by ALEXANDER

damn, sweden have to win some year :laugh: always close ;) heh

hoping to see sweden win next one :D

EDIT: Gz to Romania btw :)

Last edited:
well done guys
nice jackets :)

Nice to see MA giving WOF the recognition it deserves and gratz to Romania on a great victory...

Big gratz to Romania! The jackets look awesome!
TY MA for providing prizes for all 3 spots as it was unexpected.
Now can I get my apt back so I can hang my 2nd place certificate? :D

WTG all and see ya next time!

Grats Romania, I was glad to see they put the right country's name on the jacket this time :D

Grats Romania, an effort well rewarded. :)

Also to the runners up, USA & Sweden.

thats me splashing about in the water in martial and wings! hahaha that was fun. Great ceremony

Well done to all the teams!
I'm not trying to look like a sore loser, but Romania should never have won!. Stage 5 semi-finals my WoF team went out there gave it the best we even chould, but the Romania's were to good to catch. About half way into the round the team comes up looking for the mobs to find a big green dot on the radar get closer and see it was the Romania team also there were some of the biggest hunters in game from warants and other soc's. Later after losing to Romania we here on the wind that most of the people out hunting for Romania were getting payed for every global they got. I think there needs to be set rules brought in to stop this from happening next year!, or teams are not even going to bother to even turn up to WoF next year!
I feel that WoF is about bringing players together, not cheating to try and make your self look good or to show that because you have lots of money that you can buy your way into winning! It was unfair and poor sportsmanship what the Romania's do just to look better then every one, and to try and make people feel sorry for them because they weren't even going to participate in this years WoF!. There is no forgiving in people that like to cheat and to stand there and to hold your head up high like that for winning NO! you should be ashamed of what you have done and for what to make people look at you a see pity because you payed your way to winning.

Last edited:
Like I said, we were lucky that our opponents underestimated us. They were stronger at times, but they just did not do all they could have done to win. We did. We won. On the rules of this contest. As long as the rules are as they are, calling us cheaters, is just a free insult from someone with not much authority to talk about that.
If the rules would have prevented this we would have never done it, even if our competitors would have. I can assure you of that.
The reason I did not wanted to participate in WoF was because I knew that people that don't read much about the REAL rules and have no clue about what this competition REALLY is, will have an opinion and start insulting on the forum.
If a team at some point decided NOT TO DO something, that will not make it a team of heroes and the teams that did whatever that team did not liked cheaters. As long as we all played by the rules - you like it or not - the result was fair.

For all this mess I hold responsible the organizers for not making clear everything they want to have or not to have. I am sure that if a rule is set, everyone will follow it, even if it can not be checked or policed. If external support would have been prohibited, I assure you that we would have used no external support.

Ok yes calling Romania "cheats" was uncalled for but still its about going out and having a fair go in that round the aussies got shafted big time we went out gave it all we had, The Aussie team went extremely well this year. In the end it took the other team to pay for people to hunt for them to beat us.

Gratz to Romania and all the participants in WoF this year, it was a great competition. Romania played well with in the rules and won fair and square. Certainly not the only team with external support out there, in fact almost every team had it to some degree. Romania was just better organized and won the day....gratz again to all.

P.S. Plenty of other threads out there to discuss the rules and possible changes...

big gz to romania. And great article :yay:

next year we will get it :wtg:

Well done everyone that took part in this years WoF :yay:

And well done to the 3 teams in the final getting there, and to Romania for coming out on top :)

There is no forgiving in people that like to cheat

I understand why you would have issues with some teams support, but calling them cheats is wrong. They did not break any of the competitions rules and hence did not cheat.

Reactions: Aly
con gratz Romania:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

WOF Champions!

Gratz to all of the Romanian players. What a great effort. :yay:

WOF rocks! :wtg:

Blackhawk? Isn't he the guy whose name is in every other global lately? :laugh:

Like I said, we were lucky that our opponents underestimated us. They were stronger at times, but they just did not do all they could have done to win. We did. We won. On the rules of this contest. As long as the rules are as they are, calling us cheaters, is just a free insult from someone with not much authority to talk about that.
If the rules would have prevented this we would have never done it, even if our competitors would have. I can assure you of that.
The reason I did not wanted to participate in WoF was because I knew that people that don't read much about the REAL rules and have no clue about what this competition REALLY is, will have an opinion and start insulting on the forum.
If a team at some point decided NOT TO DO something, that will not make it a team of heroes and the teams that did whatever that team did not liked cheaters. As long as we all played by the rules - you like it or not - the result was fair.

For all this mess I hold responsible the organizers for not making clear everything they want to have or not to have. I am sure that if a rule is set, everyone will follow it, even if it can not be checked or policed. If external support would have been prohibited, I assure you that we would have used no external support.

I agree. There is nothing wrong or "unfair" with taking advantage of rules or lack thereof. Energy should be put forth to improve and/or clarify the rules for next year's WoF. Don't waste time pointing fingers to the past. That's just silly. :eek:

Footnote: It's the team captain's responsibility to make sure that all members know the rules. Obviously, the Romanians knew the rules fully and planned their strategy accordingly. I believe that's the way any competition works.

Damn I missed it! -.-

Gratz to Romania, and to the runners-up!

Well done to all the teams!
I'm not trying to look like a sore loser, but Romania should never have won!. Stage 5 semi-finals my WoF team went out there gave it the best we even chould, but the Romania's were to good to catch. About half way into the round the team comes up looking for the mobs to find a big green dot on the radar get closer and see it was the Romania team also there were some of the biggest hunters in game from warants and other soc's. Later after losing to Romania we here on the wind that most of the people out hunting for Romania were getting payed for every global they got. I think there needs to be set rules brought in to stop this from happening next year!, or teams are not even going to bother to even turn up to WoF next year!
I feel that WoF is about bringing players together, not cheating to try and make your self look good or to show that because you have lots of money that you can buy your way into winning! It was unfair and poor sportsmanship what the Romania's do just to look better then every one, and to try and make people feel sorry for them because they weren't even going to participate in this years WoF!. There is no forgiving in people that like to cheat and to stand there and to hold your head up high like that for winning NO! you should be ashamed of what you have done and for what to make people look at you a see pity because you payed your way to winning.

<--------

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSTivVclQQ0[/YOUTUBE]

sarcasm on
Sry if you didn't know yet, but Warants as the no.1 soc. picked the right side in this competitions, they knew we were incredible strong and they have no chance fighting along their home countries,Sweden, USA, England, France or other and decided to help us.
Skalman was seen begging Hawk to be accepted as our supporter, later Neomaven was seen doing same thing..

oh.. Star did not meet the conditions so he/she was rejected...
sarcasm off

PS: A good rule for next WOF would be: Age limit over 18 or so..

Good job everyone! looking further to see what future bring us.

Last edited:
Gratz Romania :yay: :yay:
On a sidenote: why the resentment? the competition was about the best organised team...team Romania simply had experience from previous years and lots of determination and most importantly the team had people that knew how to make a team work. Nothing wrong with that.

I want to gratz Romania, they did very well. Congratz ! :yay::yay:

But i hope PT does better next year, hihi

Back