• Peulengaleis - Extras - CPX - "Vinde gij mijn gat"

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Queen : "Another One Bites the Dust"

Votes: 42 33.9%
  • Eduard Khil' : "I am very glad 'cause I am coming home at last"

Votes: 14 11.3%

• Total voters
AC/DC bitches. :D

AC/DC takes a 9 vote lead over Queen with a late surge!

It looks like xaph has managed to orchestrate the more successful promotional campaign and is now clear favourite to take the prize for Australia.

Voting finishes tonight at 22.30 hours MA time.

Edit: and yet another 500 EFD donation from xaph takes the EFD component of the prize to 9800 EFD

Last edited:
"Playin rock n Roll":yay:

Enjoy the lot especially the Brown Ale:)

Happy with the service;)

[YOUTUBE]BlK62rjQWLk[/YOUTUBE]

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

As the cleaning lady says
"Life's a game".

Thanks for the Xaph.

ACDC
It's a long way to the top if you wanna rock and roll

Tomorrow never knows

36/51
Listen relax and turn up the volume for this oldie and classic by 801 Live;)
Eno and company:)
[YOUTUBE]ug-uMnKjUW8[/YOUTUBE]

Turn the volume down

Well its a night and I'm off to bed hence I'll post one of my favs and sign off in hope of the vote:)
2 versions soft and loud
[YOUTUBE]t3_GhCTH0aw[/YOUTUBE]

Loud

[YOUTUBE]ZwmtBSmrwTA[/YOUTUBE]

36/51
Listen relax and turn up the volume for this oldie and classic by 801 Live;)
Eno and company:)
[YOUTUBE]ug-uMnKjUW8[/YOUTUBE]

Cool song xaph...I like some of Eno's work expecially his collaborations with David Byrne, eg.:

[YOUTUBE]6DQyusKTAh4[/YOUTUBE]

Edit: also like the Thievery Corporation song, nice chilled out music and even better with the old MG Midget (I have a 1980 MGB GT). :)

Last edited:
Ahh well looks like xaph's won it, I can't get all the support to top that so congrats :yay:

As a non-depoer thought that this would be a big break but no matter i'll survive :laugh:

Back to sweating for me :sweat:

Ahh well looks like xaph's won it, I can't get all the support to top that so congrats :yay:

As a non-depoer thought that this would be a big break but no matter i'll survive :laugh:

Back to sweating for me :sweat:

Well you were in contention right until the last day Pieman so hard luck there.

And I hope that you enter WoFoVision next year too, plenty of time to think up a winning song for England! :)

Congratulations to WoF USA for winning the WoF and being the first team to win the WoF twice! :thumbup:

Congratulations to xaph and to Australia for winning the inaugural WoFoVision competition!

xaph chose the AC/DC song: ="It's A Long Way to the Top if you want to Rock & Roll" to represent Australia and he held off a strong challenge by Pieman's submission representing England (Queen singing 'Another one Bites the Dust' to win by 16 votes.

xaph I'll send you the 9800 EFD part of the prize and please pm me the day and time(s) you could make your prize trip to Rocktropia.

Thank you to all who entered this competition, to those who posted in this thread and also to those who took the trouble to vote. :)

Cheers

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
With great thanks to Oracle for a superb competition and it certainly was a wonderful array of choice for the voters.

I do concede that the Aussie strength came with a lot of lobbying and promotion particularly with the Aussie WoF contingency and my loyal multinational friends and society mates from Global Alliance society and many other affiliated societies cheers to you all:)

As a gesture of solidarity all proceeds from the hunt with Oracle on Rocktopia and the awarded EFD will be added to the Aussie WoF crews "War Esky" in preparation for next year's planned rolling of the tables by the Aussie juggernaut so keep your eye on 2011's Wof scores.

If you have no idea of what and Esky is have a read on the wiki, proudly the Esky is kept in Deathifers love castle:)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esky

Cheers to you all and commiserations to Pieman, ya done well mate, " Its was a long way to the top if ya wanna rock and roll"
and I guess
"Another one bites the dust" :D

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

ACCA DACCA, FTW!! :yay:

Gratz Xaph!

:)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
With great thanks to Oracle for a superb competition and it certainly was a wonderful array of choice for the voters.

I do concede that the Aussie strength came with a lot of lobbying and promotion particularly with the Aussie WoF contingency and my loyal multinational friends and society mates from Global Alliance society and many other affiliated societies cheers to you all:)

As a gesture of solidarity all proceeds from the hunt with Oracle on Rocktopia and the awarded EFD will be added to the Aussie WoF crews "War Esky" in preparation for next year's planned rolling of the tables by the Aussie juggernaut so keep your eye on 2011's Wof scores.

If you have no idea of what and Esky is have a read on the wiki, proudly the Esky is kept in Deathifers love castle:)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esky

Cheers to you all and commiserations to Pieman, ya done well mate, " Its was a long way to the top if ya wanna rock and roll"
and I guess
"Another one bites the dust" :D

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Congratulations once again xaph
and to your fellow countrymen! :)

When I started this competition I was hoping to learn a little about music from other countries and cultures.

But although both AC/DC and Queen are world famous musical acts I can see that it is important for people to follow their musical hearts regarding this. :)

Maybe next year we'll see some more relatively unknown and/or underground acts emerging (eg like the Russian and BeneLux entries) and I'll do my best to entice more countries to enter by upping the number and value of the prizes. ;)

Well done and gratz to the winner and runner up.

:cheer::clap::dancing::dance::monkey::dance::dancing::clap::cheer:

And thanks Oracle for the competition.

Oracle I'll be in PM soon about a hunt with you, I'm looking forward to that:)

I spent a little time searching the tube for favourites leading up to the vote but yes I stuck with the original :D

As Oracle proposed next year holds a new dimension for choice and as he has indicated some diversity in thse choices would be super:)

Seeding that Oracle opinion me-thinks a planned review of sounds over the next year might be a great initiative for the various WoF teams?

I wonder if 711 would host a long nation by nation vote with EFD the reward leading up to the next WoF with final selection via the Oracle??

and

P.S I really enjoyed working in the background lobbying for the win, I think thats half if not more the challenge...
Good onya Aussies you're legends:)

On spawning that idea I'm posting one of my background selections for Aussie's, not Nick Cave but :D

[YOUTUBE]VubsoTVrT_4[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
I wonder if 711 would host a long nation by nation vote with EFD the reward leading up to the next WoF with final selection via the Oracle??

xaph, I'll start WoFoVision earlier next time but I'm going to wait at least until Hurri launches WoF 2011.

Personally I don't want to get this competition over-complex (more than it already is ;) ) so would rather not get 711 involved with this unless he sees your post and has something specific he wants to offer.

But I have some improvements in mind and hopefully next WoFoVision will be bigger and better than this year's. :)

Richard Thompson: Concert review! :)))

I went to see THE Richard Thompson at the Winding Wheel theatre in Chesterfield last night and he was totally AWESOME!!! :)

When I say AWESOME I mean way off the AWESOMENESS scale even by the AWESOMENESS of his own standards!

Got seats right at the front of the stalls, second row and fairly central so only a few feet from the GREAT MAN! :)

Anyway, first I must give a big special mention to the supporting act whom I'd never heard of before: Diana Jones from Nashville, Tennessee who was fantastic, I love her already! :ahh:

She really caught the mood and respect of the Chesterfield audience who though eager for RT to hit the stage certainly enjoyed her set.

I think these two songs were my favourites from the ones she performed:

Pony:

[YOUTUBE]HwJqIsFIw3I[/YOUTUBE]

and...

Henry Russell's Last Words:

This song by Diana Jones is based on a real letter written by a dying miner:

[YOUTUBE]_YtBagRqlYs[/YOUTUBE]

I'll write a bit about RT's set laters.

To be continued...

Addding some :)

Some mob brothers n sisters:)
[YOUTUBE]EKbhm-8RRnk[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Some mob brothers n sisters:)
[YOUTUBE]EKbhm-8RRnk[/YOUTUBE]

Thanks for adding the above xaph...yes, just the kind of cultural music I was hoping for in this competition, thank you!

I hope things are OK with you and I'm ready for the prize hunt when you can make it.

All good Kev, have been a bit busy but hanging around the service centre suggested.
I guess the next phase will come to fruition sooner or later, keep your eyes open I'm looking forward to a Hof hunt on Rocktopia with you :)

Time zones are a bugger

Dunno if you can watch this without it being blocked where you are xaph?

Icehouse: Hey Little Girl

[YOUTUBE]D1pDwgMVfso[/YOUTUBE]

No worries your starting to make me feel aged another classic oldy but goody :)

Dam you, cant get it out of my head now:laugh:

Heres revenge :)

[YOUTUBE]XdeIZkZo2PM[/YOUTUBE]

Well eventually synchronize :)
[YOUTUBE]OYbNDjG7HPI[/YOUTUBE]

Back