WoFoVision 2010

Status

Oracle

Elite
Society
Scorpio
Oracle Kev FountofWisdom
WoFoVision is a competition for the WoF Final 12 Nations loosely based around the Eurovision Song Contest. :)

http://www.eurovision.tv/page/home

Current Prize for the Winning Entry (your home country music video that receives the most public votes) is:

* free one-way trip to Rocktropia and a team hunt with me where I shoot 500 peds (minimum) ammo into Pop Dragons with all loot shared equally irrespective of whether you join me hunting or choose to just explore the planet or just hang around whistling Dixie

* 5000 EFD + all the EFD contributed by bids in this competition

* current EFD prize stands at 9800 EFD

Here's how it works (hopefully):

* below I've posted a music video associated with each of the Final 12 WoF Nations

* Stage 1 runs from today up to May 30th: during this time period you can bid EFD's (minimum bid of 100 EFD and higher bids in increments of 100 EFD minimum) to replace your Nations's music video with one of your choice

* only nationals can bid to change their country's music video - anyone shown to be cheating will be disqualified and forfeit any EFD's bid

* at the end of Stage 1 the music videos associated with each nation are changed according to the highest bid

* Stage 2 works exactly like Stage 1 except now with a minimum bid of 500 EFD unless that amount has already been exceeded in Stage 1 whereby the Stage 1 bid will remain the minimum bid to beat.

Stage 2 closes on June 12th at 22.15 hours M.A. time, the date of the WoF Semis (time to be announced and the end time will be similar to the Entropia Auction system where the auction ends only when no more bids are received in the 5 minutes after the end time or last bid in that 5 minute period.

* Stage 3, aka the Final runs until June 26th, the date of the WoF Final.

During this stage there will be an open vote whereby all forum users can vote for their favourite music video out of the final 12 chosen by the Nations bidding.

At 22.00 hours MA time on June 26th the poll will be closed and the person who suggested the winning music video for their nation wins all the EFD generated by this competition.

OK here are the initial entries chosen by me (and I deeply apologise for my extremely limited knowledge of the world music scene...I'm sure you'll soon want to displace my selections and bid for something that better represents your country!). :ahh:

AUSTRALIA:

AC/DC : It's a Long Way To The Top (If You Wanna Rock N' Roll)

Submitted by xaph: current bid 1000 EFD
Bid needed to substitute this song: 1100 EFD

[YOUTUBE]H1iR2Wi3u5o[/YOUTUBE]

BENELUX:

Peulengaleis - Extras - CPX - Vinde gij mijn gat
(please nobody translate this song, I have a bad feeling about it)

Submitted by Einstein: current bid 100 EFD
Bid needed to substitute this song: 500 EFD

[YOUTUBE]OsLevxGguGs[/YOUTUBE]

CANADA:

One of my all-time favourite artistes:

Neil Young: Hurricane

[YOUTUBE]Obfci1CIqq8[/YOUTUBE]

DACH:

Again sorry DACH/Germany, please educate me. :ahh:

Falco: Rock Me Amadeus

[YOUTUBE]eXs93KbBCgY[/YOUTUBE]

ENGLAND:

Queen : Another One Bites the Dust
Submitted by Pieman: current bid 800 EFD
Bid needed to substitute this song: 900 EFD

[YOUTUBE]rNQRfBAzSzo[/YOUTUBE]

FINLAND:

With a nod to Russia and the US!

(Really sorry about this Finland, blame Google!) :laugh:

Leningrad Cowboys & Red Army Choir: SWEET HOME ALABAMA

[YOUTUBE]0lNFRLrP014[/YOUTUBE]

FRANCE:

No introduction necessary. ;)

Jane Birkin & Serge Gainsbourg: Je T'aime... Moi Non Plus

[YOUTUBE]sHiMDB19Dyc[/YOUTUBE]

ITALY:

What a voice!

Andrea Bocelli: Con te Partiro

[YOUTUBE]tcrfvP11Hbo[/YOUTUBE]

PORTUGAL:

Dj Rui Da Silva: Touch Me

[YOUTUBE]B3msPoqqCNo[/YOUTUBE]

SWEDEN:

How did you guess? ;)

Abba: Mamma Mia

[YOUTUBE]unfzfe8f9NI[/YOUTUBE]

RUSSIA:

Always gets me singing along this one...well at least the 'Kalinka' bit :) :

RED RUSSIAN ARMY CHOIR: Kalinka

[YOUTUBE]C_A7Hu0uKNw[/YOUTUBE]

USA:

The Boss!

Bruce Springsteen - Born To Run

[YOUTUBE]f3t9SfrfDZM[/YOUTUBE]

OK, if you don't like the music choices I've picked for your WoF Nation Team then please bid your EFD's, in minimum bids of 100 EFD and increments of 100 EFD in the thread below remembering to post a link to the music video, which must be associated with your WoF National Team.

If yours is the winning bid then send me the EFD at the end of Stage 1 (May 30th) and I'll replace the music video I've chosen with your selection.

Good luck! :)

Last edited:
Last edited:
Sorry mate but I'm gonna have to outbid you for a more fitting title....

It was a toss up between this and Money Talks but in the end I think this title says it all ;)

[YOUTUBE]U2KM-_zpCno[/YOUTUBE]

We'll save Thunderstruck till the final :silly2:

And hereeeee .... is the Benelux participant! can I have your votes please?

[YOUTUBE]clip[/YOUTUBE]

&*^^@%$&^^@%$&#$&@^%$&^^
Why doesnt it work?
well heres a link :/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5iOIa4EZuQ

Last edited:
heh heh thanks for starting things off guys, I'll listen to those music videos when I get back from the pub (running short of time right now). :)

To stimulate interest I'll add to the prize:

* 5000 EFD on top of all the EFD raised by the bidding

* a free one-way ticket to Rocktropia to hunt Pop Dragons with me (you'll make enough peds to pay for the return tp yourself) ;)

Just got back from the pub...been drinking Seaforth India Pale Ale which I've not had before but at 5.9% alcohol sure had a nice kick! :)

First of all, just loved the Aussie entries! Really good musical taste there guys, thank you! :)

I must be more pissed than I thought though coz I thought I saw bagpipes in the first video and Arnie in the second? :scratch2: :eek:

Ahh...just seen the Benelux entry and I've obviously had too much and gone into a state of delirium because I thought I saw the dreaded Smurfs. :(

But fortunately the Benelux submission isn't valid as it wasn't backed up by EFD's so it will not displace the existing 'default' entry from their nations. ;)

Onya Oracle, 9.5% will do that:)
Beer googles aside;)
There were the pipes, flares,> 13 year olds;) and 'chiko rolls' and some big guns in creation.
Flagrantly I'd say the 5 elements exampled, but I dunno about the mutton, >13 y/olds and the cabbage in the 'Chiko rolls':)
Back to the pub 4 me:D

Love to have hunt one day :)
and
Lol cant do any more rep:D

Last edited:
For the benelux!
[YOUTUBE]OsLevxGguGs[/YOUTUBE]

Sorry mate but I'm gonna have to outbid you for a more fitting title....
:

Standing firm here mate:D

It's a long way to the top if ya wanna chip ya soul :D

Xaph ;)

Thanks Russia and Benelux for your entries. :)

I was a bit stunned at the Russian singer: not sure what to say...just Wow! :)

Also a bit wary of Einstein's entry for Benelux - it worries me a little that I can't understand the lyrics. :silly2:

Let's have some submissions from the other WoF nations please: who knows, the first prize, the Pop Dragon hunt with me, could win you half-share in a 20k + uber loot. :wtg:

Here's Finland's entry.

[YOUTUBE]AcOTiz-jCUE[/YOUTUBE]

The song is called "the revenge of shit cockroach".

Here's Finland's entry.

[YOUTUBE]AcOTiz-jCUE[/YOUTUBE]

The song is called "the revenge of shit cockroach".

Pull the udders... hard core :D

Contains traces of milk and no animal bi products;)

Hmm...I think my competition is making the Eurovision Song Contest look quite cultured by comparison. :silly2:

Unfortunately Finland's entry cannot be accepted until the necessary 100 EFD has been donated.

Only a couple of valid entries so far competing for a potentially valuable prize so let's have some more entries please from the WoF Finalist nations.

If you want some inspiration how about this:

[YOUTUBE]4acm3gcWhAE[/YOUTUBE]

[that will get me into trouble with my England team mates!]

Last edited:
At the end of Stage 1 of WoFoVision there are only two songs competing for the prizes (below) and these have now been substituted in the original thread (opening post).

So unless more songs are submitted then either xaph (Australia) or Einstein (Benelux) will take the prize which consists of:

* a Free trip to Rocktropia

* half-share of all loot won in my 500 peds ammo run on Pop Dragons

* EFD (currently 6300 + any further EFD donated in this competition)

We are now in Stage 2 of the WoFoVision so the minimum bid to submit a song on behalf of your nation is now 500 EFD (although for Australia you will now have to bid a minimum of 600 EFD).

The winning song will be the song chosen in a free public vote at the end of this competition on June 12th.

To submit a song you must be a national of one of the following teams:

AUSTRALIA
BENELUX
CANADA
DACH
ENGLAND
FINLAND
FRANCE
ITALY
PORTUGAL
SWEDEN
RUSSIA
USA

Remember, all EFD donated go to the winner and not to me.

So good luck and get your entries in soon.

Oh, congratulations to Germany on winning the Eurovision Song Contest:

[YOUTUBE]8QSgNM9yNjo[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
I bid 500 EFD to have this represent England!

[YOUTUBE]HwtSdJaPCSI[/YOUTUBE]

I bid 500 EFD to have this represent England!

[YOUTUBE]HwtSdJaPCSI[/YOUTUBE]

Oleg's bid accepted! :)

Sheffield isn't that grim though (in places)! :)

Would have thought the KLF's 'Justified and Ancient' song would be more appropriate for Entropia though. ;)

[YOUTUBE]1gzkllCIyww[/YOUTUBE]

Not ready for my next post but thought I'd vote with some efd:D

Stage 2 of WoFoVision ends next weekend and there are only 3 songs competing for the prizes (below) and these have now been substituted in the original thread (opening post).

So unless more songs are submitted then either xaph (Australia) or Einstein (Benelux) or Oleg (England) will take the prize which consists of:

* a Free trip to Rocktropia

* half-share of all loot won in my 500 peds ammo run on Pop Dragons

* EFD (currently 8000 + any further EFD donated in this competition)

As we are now in Stage 2 of the WoFoVision so the minimum bid to submit a song on behalf of your nation is now 500 EFD (although for Australia you will now have to bid a minimum of 1000 EFD).

The winning song will be the song chosen in a free public vote at the end of this competition on June 12th.

To submit a song you must be a national of one of the following teams:

AUSTRALIA
BENELUX
CANADA
DACH
ENGLAND
FINLAND
FRANCE
ITALY
PORTUGAL
SWEDEN
RUSSIA
USA

Remember, all EFD donated go to the winner and not to me.

So good luck and get your entries in soon.

Oh, congratulations to Germany on winning the Eurovision Song Contest:

[YOUTUBE]8QSgNM9yNjo[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
I want to make an entry for England for 600 EFD ;)

Good song to listen to whilst hunting mobs :D

Another one bites the dust - Queen :cool:

Thanks Pieman...your entry is valid and so I'll substitute Queen for Oleg's KLF when I get a spare minute (watching Soccer Aid soon) :) unless Oleg retaliates in the meantime. ;)

Damn you Pieman! I'll have to think about this :D

Damn you Pieman! I'll have to think about this :D

You could keep your KLF song Oleg by adding another 200 EFD to your original bid of 500 EFD.

Or you could select a new song for 700 EFD.

Or you could choose to do nothing of course. ;)

Where did all the Queen fans appear from? :laugh:

best song ever :D

I have a bid of 600 EFD down, can I increase that to 800 EFD by just donating another 200 or would I have to donate a full 800 :confused:

Last edited:
I have a bid of 600 PED down, can I increase that to 800 EFD by just donating another 200 or would I have to donate a full 800 :confused:

If you keep the same song Pieman you can just donate a further 200 EFD (or more if you think that by raising the bid higher it will scare people off...I wouldn't bank on it though) ;)

Edit: your '600 PED' bit confused me - I will dance on my hat for that amount! :)

Edit 2: I'll update the official England song tomorrow when I see how the dust settles.

Last edited:
If you keep the same song Pieman you can just donate a further 200 EFD (or more if you think that by raising the bid higher it will scare people off...I wouldn't bank on it though) ;)

Edit: your '600 PED' bit confused me - I will dance on my hat for that amount! :)

Edit 2: I'll update the official England song tomorrow when I see how the dust settles.

You could dance on your hat but i wouldn't have 600 PED to give you :laugh:

I think i'll wait and see how things turn out before I make my next move, playing it all tactical like ;)

I think i'll wait and see how things turn out before I make my next move, playing it all tactical like ;)

Yes I think that's the safest strategy.

If nobody objects I'll probably introduce an EU in-game auction-type rule for bids near the end time, ie. others have 5 minutes to outbid the current highest bid for their nation (rather than the eBay system where the final bid wins).

Status
Back