WoFoVision 2010

Status
The original:D
[YOUTUBE]H1iR2Wi3u5o[/YOUTUBE]
Vote Aussie's:D
Xaph;)

Yes I think that's the safest strategy.

If nobody objects I'll probably introduce an EU in-game auction-type rule for bids near the end time, ie. others have 5 minutes to outbid the current highest bid for their nation (rather than the eBay system where the final bid wins).

Was my bid accepted btw? (been a couple of days now ;))

Last edited:
Only a couple of days left to submit a song representing your final 12 WoF Nation.

Here is a catchy song from the Canadian 'electro funk' duo 'Chromeo' which is getting a lot of air-play in the UK in a hair gel advert:

[YOUTUBE]SRxuwvSa4oE[/YOUTUBE]

Stage 2 of WoFoVision ends next weekend and there are only 3 songs competing for the prizes (below) and these have now been substituted in the original thread (opening post).

So unless more songs are submitted then either xaph (Australia) or Einstein (Benelux) or Thanatos (England) will take the prize which consists of:

* a Free trip to Rocktropia

* half-share of all loot won in my 500 peds ammo run on Pop Dragons

* EFD (currently 8000 + any further EFD donated in this competition)

As we are now in Stage 2 of the WoFoVision so the minimum bid to submit a song on behalf of your nation is now 500 EFD (although for Australia you will now have to bid a minimum of 1000 EFD).

The winning song will be the song chosen in a free public vote at the end of this competition on June 12th.

To submit a song you must be a national of one of the following teams:

AUSTRALIA
BENELUX
CANADA
DACH
ENGLAND
FINLAND
FRANCE
ITALY
PORTUGAL
SWEDEN
RUSSIA
USA

Remember, all EFD donated go to the winner and not to me.

So good luck and get your entries in soon.

Only today and tomorrow left to submit your song!

Competition closes (ie. last chance to submit a song to represent your WoF Nation) at 22.15 hours M.A. time tomorrow, Saturday June 12th).

Oh, I've got my ticket to see Richard Thompson next month in nearby Chesterfield!!! :yay:

[YOUTUBE]wNUFyPryV5M[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Competition closes (ie. last chance to submit a song to represent your WoF Nation) at 22.15 hours M.A. time tomorrow, Saturday June 12th).

I'll set up the poll to decide on the winning entry soon afterwards.

Oh, did I tell you I'm going to see the Richard Thompson next month!!! :)

[YOUTUBE]rkU-PDwyVNc[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]4BqEM5J8Hgw[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]79EDYUdpXVY[/YOUTUBE]

:wtg: :)

Competition Closes at 22.15 hours M.A. time tonight!

[closing time works as per in-game auction and there must be a 5 minute period with no bids starting at 22.15 M.A. time...if further bids then the clock starts again with another 5 minutes needing to elapse without valid bids for the competition to finally end]

Stage 2 of WoFoVision ends tonight and there are only 3 songs competing for the prizes (below) and these have now been substituted in the original thread (opening post).

So unless more songs are submitted then either xaph (Australia) or Einstein (Benelux) or Thanatos (England) will take the prize which consists of:

* a Free trip to Rocktropia

* half-share of all loot won in my 500 peds ammo run on Pop Dragons

* EFD (currently 8000 + any further EFD donated in this competition)

The minimum bid to submit a song on behalf of your nation is now 500 EFD (although for Australia you will now have to bid a minimum of 1000 EFD and for an English song 800 EFD).

The winning song will be the song chosen in a free public vote which starts soon after the end of this competition on June 12th and only the songs submitted having the highest EFD bids will be included in the poll (ie only 3 songs at the moment).

To submit a song you must be a national of one of the following teams:

AUSTRALIA
BENELUX
CANADA
DACH
ENGLAND
FINLAND
FRANCE
ITALY
PORTUGAL
SWEDEN
RUSSIA
USA

Remember, all EFD donated go to the winner and not to me.

So good luck and get your entries in today

Only today left to submit your song!

Competition closes (ie. last chance to submit a song to represent your WoF Nation) at 22.15 hours M.A. time tonight, Saturday June 12th).

Oh, did I tell you...oh never mind... ;)

[YOUTUBE]SLSZXHXFsss[/YOUTUBE]

Think it's time to make a move, 200 EFD on Another One Bites The Dust by Queen to bring it up to 800 EFD ;)

WoFoVision is a competition for the WoF Final 12 Nations loosely based around the Eurovision Song Contest. :)

http://www.eurovision.tv/page/home

Current Prize for the Winning Entry (your home country music video that receives the most public votes) is:

* free one-way trip to Rocktropia and a team hunt with me where I shoot 500 peds (minimum) ammo into Pop Dragons with all loot shared equally irrespective of whether you join me hunting or choose to just explore the planet or just hang around whistling Dixie

* 5000 EFD + all the EFD contributed by bids in this competition

* current EFD prize stands at 8000 EFD

Here's how it works (hopefully):

* below I've posted a music video associated with each of the Final 12 WoF Nations

* Stage 1 runs from today up to May 30th: during this time period you can bid EFD's (minimum bid of 100 EFD and higher bids in increments of 100 EFD minimum) to replace your Nations's music video with one of your choice

* only nationals can bid to change their country's music video - anyone shown to be cheating will be disqualified and forfeit any EFD's bid

* at the end of Stage 1 the music videos associated with each nation are changed according to the highest bid

* Stage 2 works exactly like Stage 1 except now with a minimum bid of 500 EFD unless that amount has already been exceeded in Stage 1 whereby the Stage 1 bid will remain the minimum bid to beat.

Stage 2 closes on June 12th at 22.15 hours M.A. time, the date of the WoF Semis (time to be announced and the end time will be similar to the Entropia Auction system where the auction ends only when no more bids are received in the 5 minutes after the end time or last bid in that 5 minute period.

* Stage 3, aka the Final runs until June 26th, the date of the WoF Final.

During this stage there will be an open vote whereby all forum users can vote for their favourite music video out of the final 12 chosen by the Nations bidding.

At 22.00 hours MA time on June 26th the poll will be closed and the person who suggested the winning music video for their nation wins all the EFD generated by this competition.

OK here are the initial entries chosen by me (and I deeply apologise for my extremely limited knowledge of the world music scene...I'm sure you'll soon want to displace my selections and bid for something that better represents your country!). :ahh:

AUSTRALIA:

AC/DC : It's a Long Way To The Top (If You Wanna Rock N' Roll)

Submitted by xaph: current bid 500 EFD
Bid needed to substitute this song: 600 EFD

[YOUTUBE]b9iOk8PqkKs[/YOUTUBE]

BENELUX:

Peulengaleis - Extras - CPX - Vinde gij mijn gat
(please nobody translate this song, I have a bad feeling about it)

Submitted by Einstein: current bid 100 EFD
Bid needed to substitute this song: 500 EFD

[YOUTUBE]OsLevxGguGs[/YOUTUBE]

CANADA:

One of my all-time favourite artistes:

Neil Young: Hurricane

[YOUTUBE]Obfci1CIqq8[/YOUTUBE]

DACH:

Again sorry DACH/Germany, please educate me. :ahh:

Falco: Rock Me Amadeus

[YOUTUBE]eXs93KbBCgY[/YOUTUBE]

ENGLAND:

Queen : A Kind of Magic
Submitted by Thanatos: current bid 700 EFD
Bid needed to substitute this song: 800 EFD

[YOUTUBE]oXyK_blEzqY[/YOUTUBE]

FINLAND:

With a nod to Russia and the US!

(Really sorry about this Finland, blame Google!) :laugh:

Leningrad Cowboys & Red Army Choir: SWEET HOME ALABAMA

[YOUTUBE]0lNFRLrP014[/YOUTUBE]

FRANCE:

No introduction necessary. ;)

Jane Birkin & Serge Gainsbourg: Je T'aime... Moi Non Plus

[YOUTUBE]sHiMDB19Dyc[/YOUTUBE]

ITALY:

What a voice!

Andrea Bocelli: Con te Partiro

[YOUTUBE]tcrfvP11Hbo[/YOUTUBE]

PORTUGAL:

Dj Rui Da Silva: Touch Me

[YOUTUBE]B3msPoqqCNo[/YOUTUBE]

SWEDEN:

How did you guess? ;)

Abba: Mamma Mia

[YOUTUBE]unfzfe8f9NI[/YOUTUBE]

RUSSIA:

Always gets me singing along this one...well at least the 'Kalinka' bit :) :

RED RUSSIAN ARMY CHOIR: Kalinka

[YOUTUBE]C_A7Hu0uKNw[/YOUTUBE]

USA:

The Boss!

Bruce Springsteen - Born To Run

[YOUTUBE]f3t9SfrfDZM[/YOUTUBE]

OK, if you don't like the music choices I've picked for your WoF Nation Team then please bid your EFD's, in minimum bids of 100 EFD and increments of 100 EFD in the thread below remembering to post a link to the music video, which must be associated with your WoF National Team.

If yours is the winning bid then send me the EFD at the end of Stage 1 (May 30th) and I'll replace the music video I've chosen with your selection.

Good luck! :)

Hehe think its a 1000efd now love ll of these :D
and embellsish my original with 500 efd and a same clip but different visual take:)
[YOUTUBE]H1iR2Wi3u5o[/YOUTUBE]

:yay::yay::yay:

Last edited:
Thank you xaph and pieman for taking the total EFD element of this prize to 8700 EFD. :)

Xaph seems determine to win and represent Australia with his song choice as it will now take a bid from one of his countrymen of 1100 EFD to displace him.

Pieman has made his move earlier than I anticipated and is leading the England bidding war which will take an English bid of 900 EFD to remove his song pick.

Reminder: competition closes at 22.15 hours MA time tonight although bids are allowed subsequent to the finish if made within 5 minutes (ie. like the in-game auction you can extend the finishing time if you bid quickly enough).

Thank you xaph and pieman for taking the total EFD element of this prize to 8700 EFD. :)

Xaph seems determine to win and represent Australia with his song choice as it will now take a bid from one of his countrymen of 1100 EFD to displace him.

Pieman has made his move earlier than I anticipated and is leading the England bidding war which will take an English bid of 900 EFD to remove his song pick.

Reminder: competition closes at 22.15 hours MA time tonight although bids are allowed subsequent to the finish if made within 5 minutes (ie. like the in-game auction you can extend the finishing time if you bid quickly enough).

Not long left now to submit a song: competition closes at 22.15 MA time tonight.

wasn't my bid accepted? :scratch2:

I don't think you paid the 100 EFD minimum entry fee DrBo?

If I'm wrong just say and I'll check my records?

I love those old Marshall Amps with the Australian Rola Speakers in em:D

It's a long way to the top if ya wanna rock n roll;)

ACDC = winnar... yall should really give up now :laugh:

DoctorBo who submitted the song entry for Russia has belatedly sent me his 100EFD entry fee.

In the spirit of friendship and camaraderie associated with the WoF and in the interests of World Peace and the promotion of cross-cultural harmony and mutual respect I am prepared to accept this entry if nobody has any strong objections?

I'll see if I can get the poll up and running this evening.

Status
Back