Woke up to a Locked Account this morning.

chelms166

Guardian
Don Chelms Helms
So I logged out last night at around 2330 and went to bed. This morning I come back to log in and do my morning ritual of checking the auction house and voila!

The message I receive at log in is "Your account has been locked due to too many failed login attempts. It will be unlocked in 1 hour."

Well, it's been over 1 hour now and still the same outcome when attempting to login. I've tried sending support some emails and all I get back is an automated response telling me to log in with my account and send a ticket. Apparently, their stupid little machine doesn't understand the words "unable to log in to account".

Has anyone else come across this predicament through the years? Fixes, results?????

Thanks.

P.s. Also, I've sent multiple requests for password recovery and have received no response.

I hope you get it fixed soon. I enjoyed watching and talking on your Twitch.tv stream. Looking forward to the next session.

Did you try to send them emails or try to log onto the website too?

I hope you get it fixed soon. I enjoyed watching and talking on your Twitch.tv stream. Looking forward to the next session.

That could be the reason maybe? someone saw your login name and has been trying to get in?

Pretty sure it was someone on stream that saw my username and tried to guess the password. Anyhow, I was finally able to get MA to send me a re-activation email and I reset my password. Finally my emails got to a human and bypassed the automated system. :scratch2:

To the jackass that screwed with my account...I hope you feel better knowing you got my blood pressure boiling!:mad:

Just have to be more mindful when I'm streaming. Lesson learned. Now back to the grind!:wtg::wtg:

Thread moved to Security section. Meanwhile...

Let me get this straight:
You were streaming live to unknown people all over the world while logging into your account? :jawdrop:

ya my internet crashed and I forgot to turn off xsplit and I logged back in so everyone that was on stream saw my username. so now I have to go through the process of changing my username as well. but that will have to wait at least one hour due to the fact that someone tried to log in to my account while I was out at the grocery store. fml.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

So I logged out last night at around 2330 and went to bed..

ya my internet crashed and I forgot to turn off xsplit and I logged back in so everyone that was on stream saw my username. so now I have to go through the process of changing my username as well. but that will have to wait at least one hour due to the fact that someone tried to log in to my account while I was out at the grocery store. fml.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

This is odd to me: you went to the grocery stare after 23:30 ?

lol no no no. i'm sorry for the confusion on that last post. Actually I just went to the grocery store at noon time today and someone tried to log into my account AGAIN. So I changed my password once this morning already. So now I am in the process of contacting MA so I can change my Username as well.

lol no no no. i'm sorry for the confusion on that last post. Actually I just went to the grocery store at noon time today and someone tried to log into my account AGAIN. So I changed my password once this morning already. So now I am in the process of contacting MA so I can change my Username as well.

hehe ok
sorry if I came over the wrong way. I was not trying to imply anything. It just sounded a bit odd :)
goodluck on getting things sorted!

Oh no worries at all Naomi. This is just more annoying than anything else. :ahh:

Got my Gold Card activated and am in the process of getting my username changed. So I think crisis averted.

Got my Gold Card activated and am in the process of getting my username changed. So I think crisis averted.

Lesson learned I hope :D.. Kinda lowlife to have someone try to log in on your account

This is odd to me: you went to the grocery stare after 23:30 ?
let's face it anything you buy after 23:00 you are most likely to regrett xD when is it ever for a positive cause you spend money after 11pm? Never!

Pretty sure it was someone on stream that saw my username :

And this is why they have to put "danger the contents of this container are extremely hot" on coffee cups...

Lack of common sense.:rolleyes:

ya my internet crashed and I forgot to turn off xsplit and I logged back in so everyone that was on stream saw my username.

If you know exactly when that occurred, do you have access to the livestream names that were watching you at the time? No offense, but I'm guessing it's not a big list, and maybe a clue is there.

If you know exactly when that occurred, do you have access to the livestream names that were watching you at the time? No offense, but I'm guessing it's not a big list, and maybe a clue is there.

I may be wrong but I think someone can watch without having logged in. If this is the case the guilty party is likely to have not logged in.

The livestream company used may be willing to lookup the ip addresses of all those viewing at the time. This may be an avenue of inquiry if MA can also check ip adress used for false login attempts.

Just shooting an update for anyone interested in knowing. The poor soul went away after I activated my Gold Card. Apparently they didn't have any luck getting my password and didn't even bother to try and guess the 1mil different number combinations for the security key.

I may be wrong but I think someone can watch without having logged in. If this is the case the guilty party is likely to have not logged in.

The livestream company used may be willing to lookup the ip addresses of all those viewing at the time. This may be an avenue of inquiry if MA can also check ip adress used for false login attempts.

This is right on George. I usually have a few people viewing stream that are not logged in to chat. Only those currently logged into the site can enter chat and be on the chat list.

I really have to desire to look into this any further. I have changed all my user information and feel more secure about my life now.

Gotta say lesson learned on this one. Wasn't my finest hour in EU, but wanted to put it out there for someone else to hopefully get something out of (if anything just a good laugh).

Good day and good luck to all!:cool:

Aww that sucks man! Why would anyone try to lock Chelms' account? :( Anyways, hope you get everything settled soon and get back on twitch! I miss the stream already :laugh:

Aww that sucks man! Why would anyone try to lock Chelms' account? :( Anyways, hope you get everything settled soon and get back on twitch! I miss the stream already :laugh:

It's all fixed man. Now stop trying to guess my password and gettin my account locked!!:laugh: jk

Lesson learned I hope :D.. Kinda lowlife to have someone try to log in on your account

also a good reason not to use real words for passwords and use random character strings as the dialog shows how many letters are in your password as you type it.

But even then the number of people who use "qwerty123" is unbelievable.

. I have changed all my user information and feel more secure about my life now.

Gotta say lesson learned on this one. Wasn't my finest hour in EU, but wanted to put it out there for someone else to hopefully get something out of (if anything just a good laugh).

Good day and good luck to all!:cool:

Hate to spam but the lesson is the Gold Card !
Gratz on your solution, get malwarebytes.org :)

Back