Worth coming back?

Franklon

Guardian
Society
Entropia Asia
Frankie Franklon Meng
Hello fellow entropians,

Me and my brother (Vortexy) is thinking of coming back to the game we used to love very much.

Just wondering whether it is worth returning for another never ending adventure.

I notice that the forums (including planet specific) are very "quiet". Is it because the player base is very little?

I've been around for quite a while now, and have taken breaks along the way. Every time I come back, it seems that I like the game more and more. There isn't quite anything like it IMO. Also, the playerbase is still about the same in numbers, but more spread out due to the plants and other things that have popped up over the year.

If you enjoyed it ofc its worth it! Just dont spend more then you can afford anf youll have a great time once again :) Loot returns is also a bit more even nowdays...

I notice that the forums (including planet specific) are very "quiet". Is it because the player base is very little?

Yep, it's a great time to play. Maybe the forums are quiet because everyone's busy playing? Forum activity ≠ in game activity.

Are you asking addicts is their shit worth it? :D

Can't answer... too busy being high....

If you come back, it'll be awesome fun for a couple months, then you'll start asking yourself why you're spending hundreds of dollars on an MMO and the anger will start creeping back in as you realise your loot sux, everything is tedious and you'll forever be a slave to the deposit function.

If you come back, it'll be awesome fun for a couple months, then you'll start asking yourself why you're spending hundreds of dollars on an MMO and the anger will start creeping back in as you realise your loot sux, everything is tedious and you'll forever be a slave to the deposit function.

Or make a couple smart investments and laugh you get paid to play a game again. Even if only at no cost.

Hello fellow entropians,

Me and my brother (Vortexy) is thinking of coming back to the game we used to love very much.

Just wondering whether it is worth returning for another never ending adventure.

.....No :wise:......

the playerbase is still about the same in numbers, but more spread out due to the plants and other things that have popped up over the year.

Well it depends on when you compare to... A lot of places are way more crowded than they were a few months ago, but not sure how it is compared to a few years ago since I usually spent my time in non-populated areas back then :laugh:

Naturally worth it. Even those who say you should not come back are in game :D... As for constant depositing... depends very much on what you do. Play smart.

I say come back in and Try to make intelligent moves in the game so you will enjoy it :)

The never Ending Strategy Entropia Universe!!!!

Can you Step up to the virtual world and conquer it !

Short answer: Yes.

Longer answer: Yes, it is!

So much has changed - most of it for the better. Be prepared to adapt your gameplay though. If it doesn't work, stop doing it.

If you are very rich and like to spend hundreds of dollars in few hours,
if you like to mine with big amps to find some lyst and get one day a hof of 100 peds,
if you like to hunt the biggest mob in the game among with others and find out it carries no loot,
if you like to improve your tools and weapons to find out it is useless,
if you agree your skills are worthless except to improve your cost of play,
if you are ready to hunt only official events mobs,
if you accept permanent bugs,
if you have fun with all that and believe this is an exciting entertainment,

yes, this game is made for you and you definitely have to come back.

if you like to mine with big amps to find some lyst and get one day a hof of 100 peds,
if you like to hunt the biggest mob in the game among with others and find out it carries no loot,

If you like to do stupid thingsm refuse to adapt to what works and love to complain about it in forums then

Hmmmm, its funny, but this is a fairly good description :laugh:
It all just depends on what you want out of the game :) To me 30-40 euros a month is worth it. More... I dont know :)

Hmmmm, its funny, but this is a fairly good description :laugh:
It all just depends on what you want out of the game :) To me 30-40 euros a month is worth it. More... I dont know :)

:wise: True!

the game is totally ok if you set certain monthly limits for instance of how much you are willing to spend. even with a team of opalo hunters you could have loads of fun and the expenses would not be that bad =)

it has been proved over and over again that inserting unlimited amount of ped does not grant you any better results, so do not trust a hope that if you spend everything you have, that big score/find will come. on the contrary, it's 99% sure that it will not.

so, keep it real and enjoy what you can :girl:

J.

P.S. people are spread on different forums now on top of them being busy shooting big bots attacking our home planet =)

If you compare Entropia to any other game it's way much better. I would say it's more than a game.
But if you compare it to real life.. hm actualy it is better even than that :laugh:
Just play it smart.

I would say yes definitely worth a try because this game is like no other.

Just look at the facts:
- Many people like it and can play without loosing any money.
- Some can even make a profit (i'm not one of them but I always keep trying).
- I notice some players above are advising you not to play. Ironically, they themselves play the game. What does that tell us? The game can be very addictive/entertaining because it's linked to real money.
- Why do these players advise you not to play? I would imagine it's because they make a loss rather than a profit.
- Is there a solution to not loosing money? simple answer yes. Don't deposit do whatever you can do without depositing. A more sensible approach however would be to deposit a small amount and never ever go above that limit you set yourself. You can only loose what you deposit. Using this approach will make you think carefully about making your choices in game. However, I'm not one of those people, I do however realise by depositing I can become less careful because I can always deposit more. This approach can lead to carelessness.

My advice would be to keep your eyes open learn from everyone. The ones, who say yes and also the ones who say no. As well as official communications...

In the end my personal philosophy is money is for spending. So personally I don't mind spending it on this game which I like playing. I like it more than movies, tv etc so it really doesn't bother me if I do loose peds...

I would say yes definitely worth a try because this game is like no other.

Just look at the facts:
- Many people like it and can play without loosing any money.
- Some can even make a profit (i'm not one of them but I always keep trying).
- I notice some players above are advising you not to play. Ironically, they themselves play the game. What does that tell us? The game can be very addictive/entertaining because it's linked to real money.
- Why do these players advise you not to play? I would imagine it's because they make a loss rather than a profit.
- Is there a solution to not loosing money? simple answer yes. Don't deposit do whatever you can do without depositing. A more sensible approach however would be to deposit a small amount and never ever go above that limit you set yourself. You can only loose what you deposit. Using this approach will make you think carefully about making your choices in game. However, I'm not one of those people, I do however realise by depositing I can become less careful because I can always deposit more. This approach can lead to carelessness.

My advice would be to keep your eyes open learn from everyone. The ones, who say yes and also the ones who say no. As well as official communications...

In the end my personal philosophy is money is for spending. So personally I don't mind spending it on this game which I like playing. I like it more than movies, tv etc so it really doesn't bother me if I do loose peds...

there are like 5 ppl chocen to play without wasting money, and that will not change.

so the person who ask can never do that.

there are like 5 ppl chocen to play without wasting money, and that will not change.

I don't understand what you mean with this... But anyone can make a profit/loss ingame?

I don't understand what you mean with this... But anyone can make a profit/loss ingame?

As long as you know how yes. It is not easy though.

And still can be quite random.

As for OP. yes, aside of the usual nay sayers, its still fun like everything, community still has it's goods and goons, if you liked it once, why not like it again? Try something new? Heck if you left before vehicles just get yourself some flying metal and explore in that a bit :D

Yes there are many new and interesting things.

Just be a bit careful about what you spend your money on - vehicles are great fun though :)

This is so much conspiracy theory tin foil hat wearing Ancient Aliens watching Mayan Calendar 2012 counting bullshit I dont even know where to begin. :wise:

It depends on your playing style, if you're just out to hunt mobs, mine or craft then most of the additions to EU will pass you by completely.

If you're going to follow the mission chains or only care about getting skill but don't have to worry about cost then fine go for it. If you follow the iron missions then don't expect to get high mu stackables because everyone else is doing the same thing and there's only so much that an economy can use before it becomes saturated. Similarly the item and global drop rates on those mobs have been reduced to compensate for the increased hunting.

Hunting low level is only slightly less boring thanks to the lower globals on mobs below 500hp but don't expect to get items and do expect to get the same range of misc. stackables continuously and tbh this probably applies to the high level mobs as well.

And Kim confirmed that ALL mobs have a no loot capability including the huge HP ones like the Sandking.

This is so much conspiracy theory tin foil hat wearing Ancient Aliens watching Mayan Calendar 2012 counting bullshit I dont even know where to begin. :wise:

Yeah whatever happened to those guys? We are in April 2013 now! :)

Last edited:
Back