Question: Would you be interested in a machinima movie or web serries based on the robot wars of calypso?

Would you be interested in a Machinima movie or web serries based on the Robot Wars?

• Total voters

eoden13

Stalker
Society
Classified
Eoden Asmodeus Rydar
I have been working on a story for awhile (mostly in my head right now) that ties in with the robot wars of calypso past, present and future. I would love to create a movie or web series based on this using Machinima style recording.

I have done this tribute video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCatk4ivQAM

I am in dire need of new equipment if I am going to do this and would also need the help of several other people. to get the shots and footage I need I would also need the assistance and help of FPC.

Please make it known by voting yes or no to help me determine if there is enough interest in the community for something like this to continue pursuing my idea. If so I will start expanding, releasing bits of the story, and create a crew of players to make it happen.

Thanks

Oh I have forgot to mention I sent a message to pester Hanna about doing a web serries like this to see FPC wouldn't mind... I know some game designers get kind of upset using their game engine to build on story or making a movie. Hopefully they will think it is an awesome idea as well because their help/blessing on this project would be really sweet! :cool:

I could see this contain black and white videos that represented past events and added story to them. The serries would be based on a special task force for robot defense. Probably have some events that involve massing small armies of real players. using vtols, and pitbulls to do strikes against the robot locations. I hope to invoke some more hydra type events... I would love it if the crater would get turned into an event location... be soo sweet for bot fighting scenes...

I'd say go for it, should be fun to watch

I'd say go for it, should be fun to watch

Hey Razor,

thanks for the support. :) it is always good to know people are interested in a project so time will not go to waste. I am hoping to get a good 50 to 100 votes on this project before I go either way. I personally would love to do this and might do it despite the results of this poll.

Either way as more people respond I will be dropping bits of my plan and thoughts of how to do this. I don't want to say everything or drop a complete story board on this forum because then it wouldn't be any fun to watch. I will need some help on the following things.

People to be in the film (avatars)
Those people would need a higher end PC that can play the game and record video at the same time without frame rates going to hell. Probably a decent microphone. Dialoge would probably get recorded at a seperate time.

People that can help round up other avatars for big scenes.

People with some video editing skills

people with creative story board mindsets.

and time... lots and lots of time...

Enjoyed the vid so instead of goin for the efd option i vote Yes :)

Enjoyed the vid so instead of goin for the efd option i vote Yes :)

Woohoo! Positive feedback! I like it! Campaign work is kind of addicting. :)

I have spoken with FPC support and they told me I needed to get the approval from Mindark to use the game engine for a project of this nature... I have emailed Mindark about it but I don't plan to hear back from them until after the Holidays.

Push the poll to the top... more votes please :0

Sounds cool, I'm interested in helping.

Made a mistake voting for EFC, but I wanted to vote for Yes :p. I would like to see this happen. Infact also wish so much, the person who created the UL implant series to make one last concluding episode but probably won't happen :(. So I look forward to this new project instead :).

Awesome! I got enough votes and people interested. :) SO far no reply back from MA/FPC on if they are ok with something like this. I will continue regardless... :) Anyways I am going to go work up a draft for the entire concept. I have punted the idea around over the holidays and have decided to do this as webisodes... probably breaking the entire movie down too 12x five minute episodes or 6 x ten minute episodes. When it is all done combine it together as an entire hour long movie.

id watch your movie voted yes

Sweet! I love Yes! I will see about that story and hopefully a good trailer to get people hooked and drooling. :)

BTW I need some good recomendations for sound recording if anyone has any background in that.

Mostly voices for acting parts.

sound and music

Why yes, yes I do have experience with sound recording Colonel.
How about an original sound track?

General Slack

a big yes :) machimina is nice
i can help too ( and provide french if you want)

Sweet! I like the sounds of that!

sorry I have been away for awhile so I have checked this.

Working on a story line... still waiting to hear back from MA/FPC.

Hey! I wish I saw this thread before. If you need any help or voice talent, I'm in.

I've been trying to get a contract with Machinima Realm for awhile now; it's tough. Hopefully soon I will though :)

I think this would be fun to do. Go for it!

(PM me!)

Back