Question: Would you Buy a Auto Drill Tower?

Would you pay for a auto drill for time consuming claims

• Yes

Votes: 57 28.4%
  • No

Votes: 144 71.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What I want is a robot that automatically drills up all my claims for me, possibly attached to a vehicle so it returns all the ores and enmats to the miners truck.

Decay should not be too high maybe 1% of tt pulled.

I would pay for that for sure :)

Them bots are called kids ;) :D pre-auto drilling I used to get the kids to drill for me...then they got bored and used to say "do we have to..."... "yes!!" :eek: then had to add a small fee for me asking them.
SO yep...had to pay for that in the long run.

On topic though...I just leave claims till later (assuming a good run and I don't want to stop), hit auto tool and go do other things. pop head in now and then to see if still alive or time to move to next claim.

All the best,

Indica

Reactions: Wed
whats wrong with tt-driller? :p

if you are a non hardcore Miner, its enough and if you hit something bigger you have some minutes to enjoy rl in between

yeah can use faster drill but my thing is why should i for lyst?

I also want to shoot faster with more damage, but i dont want to buy a bigger gun. What should I do?

Last edited:
Digging up big claims doesn't bother me, I just wait until i need to do something irl and then tp out and auto dig it.

It's those small claims that you have to run back 100m to dig up that piss me off. I've suggested auto miners in the past, they could have a range if miners with different skill requirements and each would be able to dig a higher sized claim. eg AM-201 digs up to claim size IV, AM-202 digs up to claim size VI etc.

would be nice extracting a claim in 1 extract and consume the decay like is now.... eg; if is a hof let`s say 400 ped and you have to change 2 extractors... will decay the 1st extractor and gather 200 ped Lyst with 1 extraction... 2nd extractor for another 200 ped lyst with 1 extraction and so on... :)

but for me is ok how is now...I don`t care

what i am trying to say is i want to drill the lyst and be mining something more fruitful instead of just standing afk for 45 minutes. sorry for unclear writing :)

Haha, so again and again..

Why dont you use better excavator , spend only 5 minutes and mine these 40 somethign more fruitful?

Haha, so again and again..

Why dont you use better excavator , spend only 5 minutes and mine these 40 somethign more fruitful?

There is no excavator that does that. You will spend 30 mins digging, regardless of how good/uneffiicient your excavator is.

The correct economic term for this is "bullshit" (bull economy turned to shit)
I am geniunely suprised how many epicminingnoobs voted "no"

400 PED HoF? Don't you have like more than 24 hours to dig it up? Just continue mining and autoclick it when going to bed.

And what he said :)

Anyway im not saying some autodrill is BS, its good idea and i wouldnt mind it it it would be available.. I just lol about your reasons >D

o o oo yeah yeah i know next time just get a real tower u dont need to drill those :laugh:

Would be nicer if MA raised the tt value of each lyst stone instead ;)

And what he said :)

Anyway im not saying some autodrill is BS, its good idea and i wouldnt mind it it it would be available.. I just lol about your reasons >D

Excavators have limited TT

I can drill 200peds oil with fully reapired TT drill tier 2 (160ped untiered) before it needs to be repaired, so this is a highly flawed option.

Voted yes

Would love this feature, digging up 1,3k lyst sucked big time. Can only imagine how long it takes to get a 3999 ped lyst claim out of the ground :eek:

drilling have one good thing... you get a lot skills ;)

Oh god, if there was some way you could pay another player 1% of your claim to use a specified borrowed drill to drill up your claims as you mine, I would totally do it. Actually screw it, I'd do it for 0%, skills are skills :)

Oh god, if there was some way you could pay another player 1% of your claim to use a specified borrowed drill to drill up your claims as you mine, I would totally do it. Actually screw it, I'd do it for 0%, skills are skills :)

How about if you could buy other peoples finds? :D at least bigger ones

no ofc not i mean there is auto use tool and when i activate that infront of the claim i can do whatever else i want... which in cludes playing other games. :yay: Might need a gaming rig for that though. :)

There are some circumstances in which I would be willing to pay. For example, my last (and so far only) HoF came just 24 hours before I was due to fly off on holiday. I just managed to get all the oil (Yepp, it was oil of course!) up whilst getting packing, sleep etc done, but it was close.
Just imagine that you are going off to the airport in a few minutes time and you logged on "for one more try" and got a HoF. You probably wouldn't have time to even go and buy a better extractor so the only alternative would be toleave the HoF in the ground or miss your holiday. In a case like that it would be very useful to be able to pay 10 PED to MA and get the whole HoF. Otherwise I agree with most of the other replies, as long as you have time to play the game then there is no problem with spending an hour or two extracting. In fact, I wouldn't mind doing that tonight.....

Thanks for the feedback all you all made me realize i need to tier my drills or just use uneco drills in those situations if time is important to me. I still think another option for speedier mining of slow resources would be welcomed by me. ;)

I know a solution for you: Buy my improved excavator for 15k ;)

I can't help myself, I have a genuine pleasure into extracting claims, nomatter their size or quality :)

I can see how extracting hinders a certain strategy and indeed MA should have thought at this when implementing amps higher than, say, 102. I personally wouldn't use such service, but I am sure many would find it beneficial.

But voting for myself, I had to opt for "no".

P.S.: In order to cycle more peds you'd need to actually have them. If you can't deposit say 1k$ a month or have some luck and all your budget would be say 5k peds I don't see what you have to hardcore so much in order to need such service.

As I am digging up a 400 ped lyst hof thats taking 45 minutes of my life way a question entered my mind. Would I pay ma lets say 10 peds for a item to drill this for me so I didn't have to waste my time on a slow drilling item? Answer is yes. What say the rest of you?

kosmos

Never!!! its pure useless skills for my avatar... but i love them so muuuch..

There is no excavator that does that. You will spend 30 mins digging, regardless of how good/uneffiicient your excavator is.

The correct economic term for this is "bullshit" (bull economy turned to shit)

Well the best of the mining n00bs got max eff pr pec and max speed pull, bigger claims get left untill tv time or something, and you just drive out and pull, while doing other stuff.

But i promise you dear Immortal the day i get really Uber ill switch to the epic TT drill!

Last edited:
Everything up to 4k is pulled by me :D

And take away my precious food and bathroom time? NEVER! :silly2:

tier excavator 301 to tier 10, stick in the enhencers and enjoy the show - only for special occasions))

Turn on auto extract and go eat, do a chore, take a shower, walk the dog....im sure its easy to find something that needs to be done.

I wouldnt pay for a tower....i wish we had the option to extract the towers ourselves, id do it.

I would also happily extract someone elses lyst hof for decay if i could.

Why not.
I spend nearly 20 minutes digging a 80 ped oil with the TT extactor ( maxed ). I really cannot imagine how much time will take me to drill something bigger. ( but i won't complain digging a few thousands hof, nomater how much time will take :D )

Why not.
I spend nearly 20 minutes digging a 80 ped oil with the TT extactor ( maxed ). I really cannot imagine how much time will take me to drill something bigger. ( but i won't complain digging a few thousands hof, nomater how much time will take :D )

buy a bigger extractor and it will be faster....

nothing wrong with spending time drilling a claim.
its the only time you can sit and watch the money roll in lol
and then you wont loose money if the time you spend on it

tier excavator 301 to tier 10, stick in the enhencers and enjoy the show - only for special occasions))

This is pretty much the answer. Use those peds you say you'd pay for a drill tower and get a high TIR 301 and enhancers, it should pull approx 2.3 times faster than your sga which would have cut the 45mins down to about 20mins. Maybe not instant but a lot faster.

I would imagine that most would go for the option of drilling it themselves, after all can you not just do auto use tool and do something a bit mroe productive while supervising?

Towers do give large amounts of skill when you take your daily peck at them.

Do they? I didn't notice that on any of my towers.... and yes, I checked before and after each batch on all of them.

All you can do to make it less time consuming is:
1. Get better driller for big claims - tt is very eco, but slow. Use it on small claims and get better one for hofs.
2. Use autouse for drilling when you have to do something else like shopping, shower, sleep, cooking...
3. You can tier excavator and put speed enchancers on it. Even tt one.

So, I voted NO. Reasons:
Towers don't give skills. If you think you get skills from towers that drill for you post a screen of skills before batch and after to prove it. Skills are good and I like getting them. I'd be glad to dig 400ped lyst out of the ground.

I can read a book excavating or clean up my flat or do anything else. And even using a tt excavator that you need to repair often it's not a problem.
BTW I had 1006lyst claim on my 4th day in EU, I didn't have tt excavator maxed. Yes, it is a pain in the ass, back in the times there was no autouse either. I've spend several hours and my fingers were killing me. But I didn't complian, I enjoyed every minute of it. Call me nuts if you like, I am!

Back