Question: Would you like to have a short range TP chip ?

Would you like to have a short distant TP chip ?

• Yes I would

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • No I would not

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
It occurred to me today how many times I needed to make a short jump like over a mountain or whatever. Some of the time you can not put a vehicle down because of the terrain and I hate to use a regular TP chip to make a half jump or less. How about a TP chip that does half of the TP I distance .4 instead of the .8 for a TP chip I and also half the ME. Not a big deal just a thought.

Or create a flying vehikel that spawns on any terrain

The old witches broom will spawn almost anywhere. I was so disappointed when it got a usage nerf.

Would have voted for "gimmi candy", because don´t really care. My TP chip does the job :D

Beside that it would be a nice addition, if and only if this chip would be L and only L and only from crafting!

Some of the avatar & gear preview renders for CE2 implementation appeared to show a jetpack. Apparently we'll be able to teleport and revive and fly through space and greater than the speed of light in any old ship before we get rid of the infernal combustion engine and Hummers and develop useful jetpacks.

To original post: yes, endlessly since CE2 implementation AKA terrain generators ftw.

A fast, short range TP chip would FUBAR PvP though. What i'd like to see is a different mechanism entirely that is a jetpack implentation similar to that in Outwars (anyone remember that? very interesting dynamic FPS). Then it could be allowed (or not) in PvP as things develop.

What i'd like to see is a different mechanism entirely that is a jetpack implentation similar to that in Outwars (anyone remember that? very interesting dynamic FPS). Then it could be allowed (or not) in PvP as things develop.

An old game called Tribes had the same thing. It was actually a lot of fun to try hitting someone as they flew around with one. Was only good for a short hop tho before you have to land and let it "cool down". I can see lot of uses and possibilities for this.

Sounds like a good idea, except when you think about it, it's just another added expense to get around terrain that shouldn't be so ridiculously impassable to begin with. I don't think the entire map should be flat, just more pedestrian friendly. It might be doable though, if it was dirt cheap, maybe 1/20 the cost of a normal TP1 chip. There should also be another (non-TP chip) solution to get unstuck rather than to 'T' out every time your foot gets stuck on a rock.

Last edited:
I didn't think about a jet-pack as long as you would equip it which would seem to be the right way to implement it in the game. That would be just as good or better than my idea. Also it could be crafted and/or looted or both. Another words make them available easily.

As for the additional money spent, what does anyone do now to get out of trouble?

I agree that the terrain is bad in places but I think that is MA trying to be more "Realistic" and I don't think we will see that changed.

I do like the jet-pack idea as I said above and it would just be another tool to use, like the portable TT and repair tool. I rarely use either but both are life savers when you need them.

Back