WROB's Glory and Stupidity!

Clam Jamphrie

Old Alpha
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Clam Jboy Jamphrie
With the introduction of support teams and subsequent support moblists in this years WoF there has been a dramatic increase in WROBS (wrong mobs).

As amusing and confusing this is for the Judges, it has, however, no glory for the WROB offending team.

For example, the 3k Feff. Nice HoF, Wrong mob.

It doesn't even have to be a WROB. Just something that has happened during the course of a WoF hunt that has caused amusement by stupidity.

So if there is anybody that wishes to display their happy mistakes here's the place to do it.

5000 EFD to the best WROB

Reactions: Pip
A bit off-topic but I apologise for any confusion caused to the judges by my 'WoF Barnsley Main Team' hog global during last Saturday's WoF hehe :)

Sorry, couldn't resist that after they beat Liverpool ;)

funny idea Clam. Only one I remember right now is when support globaled on a trox they weren't supposed to be shooting since the main team was on them, thus taking away potential main team points :laugh:
(and no it wasn't me, I was a good girl and only shot as a sweeper, or fapping main shooters as needed, so got no screenie)

nice global on a atrox while in support team

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

So you're the guy that ruined my evening...

A bit off-topic but I apologise for any confusion caused to the judges by my 'WoF Barnsley Main Team' hog global during last Saturday's WoF hehe :)

Sorry, couldn't resist that after they beat Liverpool ;)

Unfortunately that's a great example. WoF Vatican is another of my favourites. Any WoF based humor is welcome in this thread, it doesn't necessarily have to be WROBS.... just something that tickles you :)

However, I'm also a Liverpool fan and the first thing I saw when I logged on Saturday evening was 'WoF Barnsley'. Don't forget I complile the score sheets, so don't be surprised to find a few points shaved off the top of Team Englands scores in the future...now that I know who the culprit was for this heinous team name :D
(I guess they deserved it though...fairplay...)

However, I'm also a Liverpool fan and the first thing I saw when I logged on Saturday evening was 'WoF Barnsley'. Don't forget I complile the score sheets, so don't be surprised to find a few points shaved off the top of Team Englands scores in the future...now that I know who the culprit was for this heinous team name :D
(I guess they deserved it though...fairplay...)

A Liverpool fan but not an England fan...outrageous?!! ;)

WoF Mindforce!!!

Ahh another round of the WoF passes us by and a few more mildly amusing things occur.

The dedication and patience of the WoF Judges is raoidly becoming legendary. Keeping a constant beady eye on the chat window, jotting rapidly on to their various scraps of paper (or for the more organised their WoF Judges score-sheet) and for most of the time, not having a second even to scratch their arses.

This is illustrated quite obviously here, where WoF Judge Leviathan, Hurrikane, wondered if he would have time to roll a quick smoke during what seemed to be a lull in the scoring. He spoke too soon. Within seconds of asking the question the top of the New Switzerland Lighthouse lit up (more than usual) with a flurry, nay torrent of globals and a HoF. I’m sure there were a couple more shortly after but I just got these few on a screenshot.

WROB-NoRest.jpg

Talking of how the power of ones mind can influence the game, there had been a lull in the Eudorian Team’s score. Time for a bit of good old Eudorian loot chanting thought I. Ok granted the LaLaLaLa is posted in chat a second after the Global, but it happened as I was typing…It was the Chant that did it I tell you….the Chant!

WROB-ThePower.jpg

Not sure who actually did it within the team as it all took place over team-speak, but someone in our main team managed a little incident that played along something like this:

Main team member:"Oh no!"

Others:"What?"

Main team member:"I just killed my own Fapper!"

Fapper:"I'll come back, but u gotta promise to not kill me again..."

Poor support member must have felt pretty traumatised. :)

Not sure who actually did it within the team as it all took place over team-speak, but someone in our main team managed a little incident that played along something like this:

Now that one made me chuckle. Im sure there are one or two just can't think of em at the moment.

:eek::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

hahahha, thats awesome, good laugh

Heha, I can post one too.

I was talking with my cousin during the hunt. I switched mob but the area I went to was quite empty. Finally I found one red dot but couldn't see any mob. I told my cousin that there is one, it has to be tsktsk. I figured out the mob was inside a tree so I went closer. It was a snark inside the tree, it attacked me and I shot it. Fanfares, of course. No score from this one.

Heha, I can post one too.

I was talking with my cousin during the hunt. I switched mob but the area I went to was quite empty. Finally I found one red dot but couldn't see any mob. I told my cousin that there is one, it has to be tsktsk. I figured out the mob was inside a tree so I went closer. It was a snark inside the tree, it attacked me and I shot it. Fanfares, of course. No score from this one.

LOL look at that chat window... that was one busy time-slot to judge:)

Hurrikane

Think of a song...

A sight probably never to be seen again. 12 WoF teams jumping off a lighthouse. I was thinking of a competition to suggest songs that might accompany it, but I know I'd only get: 'Van Halen - Jump' - 'Tom Petty - Free Falling' and 'It's Raining men' by the 'Weather Girls'....

It's a little bit jumpy in more ways than one, but there we go.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/arnK--q2Uzc&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/arnK--q2Uzc&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
hmm

hmmm.... technical difficulties :(

Nope...sorry...It won't work. It worked in the preview ok....hmm

Last edited:
A sight probably never to be seen again. 12 WoF teams jumping off a lighthouse. I was thinking of a competition to suggest songs that might accompany it, but I know I'd only get: 'Van Halen - Jump' - 'Tom Petty - Free Falling' and 'It's Raining men' by the 'Weather Girls'....

"I beleive I can Fly" by R Kelly...?

This one seems to work Clam:

[YOUTUBE]arnK--q2Uzc[/YOUTUBE]

You only need to include the "arnK--q2Uzc" part between the youtube tags.

Woohoo!!!

This one seems to work Clam:

[YOUTUBE]arnK--q2Uzc[/YOUTUBE]

You only need to include the "arnK--q2Uzc" part between the youtube tags.

WooHoo!!!!

Thanks very much!!! :) :) :)

Got another in tonights match Vs Tibet...

One of the guys with us, Mel, I pulled out of my soc to come help and he didn't really know anything about WoF. I was telling him on the team channel: "Basically, our job for now is to get a Hiyruu global - we only need one - after that we can go."

And so, hunting Hiyruu's for about an hour and a half and we finnally got the global we were looking for. A few seconds later..we got another - lol....like waiting for a bus init?

Here's the proof:

Our third support team slapped some drones and warriors instead of troopers but that's okay. I got global from merp old while hunting hiryuu. It was nearly hof too.

Here's a WROB I got last saturday. Shame the hiryuus sucked :(

Don't Shoot

At a top secret England squad meeting early in the comp I got confused and teleported to the other side of a lake near our meeting spot so I decided to swim across to the meeting. As I came onto radar I was challenged for my identity by the squad who would PK any non invited guests. As I had already been to meetings and forums in participation I replied in my most chipper manner 'Hello Chaps, Arto here' when a very large explosive projectile arrived and :dodge:blew me clean out of the water into a most magnificent high dive to land dead, a few feet from the meeting.
What I loved most about this WROB event was JamHot's no nonsense instruction to hurry up and revive as I was holding up the start of the meeting :D ... just wish I had a screenie or video to share:(

Arto

Back