Wrong Registration Event Accident Prevention

Yes I know,
I know to :)

I suppose what it boils down to is that maybe MA need some people on their staff that actually play this game (affiliate players maybe) and are fully aware of what us rabble in their game are capable of.

Then, when they make events or banks or prizes or competitions etc etc, they can consult these affiliate players whom can flag up obvious points like this event BEFORE they organise the event publicly.

This may solve cases such as this and being able to put Banks in auction etc.

Well did any 1 already report the Smart...guy...or culprit ....:) and if not who will? wonder what ma thinks off these scemes..

if it where a warm up event it would have been ok like 5 peds or so and decent loot..but this is obviously a sceme 2 take in the unaware lower players..like myself...;):D

I am very confused

Have MA hosted this event on someones actual LA? Does this guy own this land?

If not, can anyone set up an event in any LA?

Regards

Ace

PS i apologise if i am being thick

Well just an update for you guy I just logged in and another person has registered for this bogus event. I Will submit a support case and see what they say. Hopefully I get a response before the tix go on sale.

Nope that LA is unowned. The other question I am not sure about.

I am very confused

Have MA hosted this event on someones actual LA? Does this guy own this land?

If not, can anyone set up an event in any LA?

Regards

Ace

PS i apologise if i am being thick

The LA is now under ownership of Emma the Guide

From my support:

--------------------------------
12 Nov 2008 You wrote:
Hi!

There seem to be some bad apples that are trying to leech off other avatars, who want to join the mötorhead competition.

There is set up a event at the time the tickets would be sold from 18:30 to 19:30 (tickets supposed to be sold at land marker at 19:00) so that participants who want to get a hold of a ticket to the mötorhead event will have to pay 20 peds to the maker of the event that is held there while the ticket sales are on.

The prizes in the competition aswell as the name suggest that it is anything but innocent, but completely intentional.

This leeching event have been put up on LA 15, but so far LA 18 and LA 5 seem untouched.

More info here:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...g-registration-event-accident-prevention.html

~Skam

12 Nov 2008 Entropia Support:
Hello Skam,
Thank you for reporting this. We will forward this information to our technicians and actions will me taken about this situation. thank you for helping us to make Entropia Universe a better place for all.
Kind regards,
Entropia Support

-----------------------------
They answered it in a few hours, I made this support case this morning after having tp'ed to the other LA's to check.
Thanks for listening, and thanks for the fix MA! ;)

Yes. I also gave you solutions how to work around that.

In the worst case scenario, talk to Emma or Simon. :)

and be pateint people.... it's barely what....7am?... lots of bans can be handed out in 12hrs :wtg:

Thanks for solution but I don't own a to chip. And lot of noobies like me probably don't either. Which may be why this was not done at the other LA where higher lvl events are held. I don't think we can run and buy tickets in 30 Sec either

Her is a img of the event scene as it wood appear on any event manager or land marker.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

It is divide in to roves and columns, after date and time space of 30 min each. And in 3 colours. The white areas is open for events, the blue ones is closed, and the read/pink is a scheduled event
The observant one will noticed that the, time between 6 and 8,30 is pre reserved. And the event manger is availably, her disregards of all other events.
So if a player want to access, a particular event her is a way to do so. Without interfering from other events.
Haw ever if a event only got a reduced number of tickets or got a large attraction “more then 100 participants “ the rule first com first serve com .applies this may hinder a fair distribution of the tickets. If some one sets a event in beforehand.
Ps notice that the scheduled event got a 30 min block after the event is terminated.
I wood recommend a 30. To 1 hour block in beforehand as well. To allow participants to get the tickets at the event manager / land marker

From my support:

<snip>

-----------------------------
They answered it in a few hours, I made this support case this morning after having tp'ed to the other LA's to check.
Thanks for listening, and thanks for the fix MA! ;)

You did better than me then, I sent mine in the early hours and have had no response.

But I just checked in and the rogue event has been removed, all is well.

You did better than me then, I sent mine in the early hours and have had no response.

But you are not a pretty Scandinavian chick :ahh:

But you are not a pretty Scandinavian chick :ahh:

You've got a surprise coming when you get to Leeds :laugh:

The hot news is that I now have a response to my support case:

"Thank you for the report. We will look into the issue."

I love support.

It just goes to show you that scammers are trying everything just to get their dirty hands on our money. Well spotted

Scamming - no, the cost and the prize are open to be read.

Deceptive, unethical, maybe, but not illegal, or a scam.

I feel some admiration for the bogus event organiser, who saw a business opportunity, and took it.

This is MA's fault, for allowing this to be done.

I feel some admiration for the bogus event organiser, who saw a business opportunity, and took it.

This is MA's fault, for allowing this to be done.

Sorry but i just cant buy into this thought....

Saw a business opportunity?
More like saw a ransom opportunity.

As for it being MA's fault.....to me its kinda like saying "you left your window open so you deserve to murdered in your bed" (yes its an extreme example but the same mentality)

Yes they should have blocked the time they planned on selling the tickets as well but no matter what MA does there always someone in EU that thinks of something they didn't.
Entropians can be a crafty bunch when they want to be.
If nothing else they will know for next time.

Maybe he just wants to close the area down for him and his mates!

Back