WTF I got locked for depositing?!

This is Epic Fail Mindark Side.

That is soooo messed up...you can't play anyway cuz you can't get on...
Wow, Im just blown away by this blunder. Amazing how much money they are losing today for this big big mistake.

the problem is they aren't willing to suck it up and lose the money, which they can make back easily, instead they will punish us for trying to deposit when they were putting out glitchy software that took many hours to implement. So now we will get locked out from playing for their mistake while the ones who have been lucky enough to not have to deposit to play can keep on playing.....great...maybe we should all just become non depositers and see how that helps out

Got a reply from replying to the message that cannot be replied to.

Since you have an Entropia Universe account, we kindly ask you to send us a support case via http://www.planetcalypso.com/support-faq/contact/.

All that happens on this link, and I saw it before on the screen with the 2 buttons for folks that do / don't have an account, is a giant error screen that says "500 INTERNAL SERVER ERROR".

Guess it's getting late.

( This is starting to remind me of our own go-live last year with an upgraded IT system where we received licenses for exactly half of our users. And any attempt to electronically transfer more licenses, was carefully and immediately eaten by the company's firewall )

Reactions: Pip
I guess I am lucky that it wouldn't let me deposit due to 'Deposit limit reached' even when trying to deposit less than my now monthly allowed 300 Ped(I usually deposit around 1-2k... lol)

Not so epic...

This is not an epic failure, this falls in the category right under "epic". NASA's misunderstanding of "meters" for "feet" was truly an epic failrue....a $125 million one that caused Mars Climate Orbiter to smash right into Mars surface instead of orbiting...;)

Hope MA fix it soon, though...

This is not an epic failure, this falls in the category right under "epic". NASA's misunderstanding of "meters" for "feet" was truly an epic failrue....a $125 million one that caused Mars Climate Orbiter to smash right into Mars surface instead of orbiting...;)

Hope MA fix it soon, though...

True, this is Immense failure ^^ but the customer support is epic failure.

True, this is Immense failure ^^ but the customer support is epic failure.

wouldn't say so, support often helps out or at least tries to find a solution.
the real epic failure in my eyes is the attitude MA often shows towards their customers - so the policy behind it / the game they made out of PE

the real epic failure in my eyes is the attitude MA often shows towards their customers - so the policy behind it / the game they made out of PE

Sorta what i meant :)

Well, they will probably fix this kinda asap, and the mails are probably auto as well.

GL to OP and the others affected, you'll be alright soon :)

thanks
At least the Homepage is up now so can send them support cases ^^

its the fact that someone whos played for over 4 years and have many $10k ingame isnt allowed ingame , why? incase i do what exactly? spend the peds? deposit more? well im depositing fuck all until i know its safe, ma's problem and they can sort it out then they're side.

I will just delete my cards (after this is sorted) so such a idiotic thing does not happen again. or maybe 30k withhdrawl is in order to make myself feel better

I can bet that if the fuck up was the other way round i would still be ingame lol

I'm back in by now. I received a very short mail from them (guess they are really busy with this and other things !)

Due to a glitch in the system you have received the wrong amount of PED after making a deposit via credit card. We have now debited the missing difference from your PED Card balance. We apologize for the inconvenience. Have a nice day in Entropia Universe.

I know for sure that when I logged off earlier tonight, the balance of my PED card was a bit less than the deposit that I did, since I did a hunt after the deposit. It appears that they did a complete reversal of the deposit (cannot check with bank yet), and there is 0.71 PED left on the card now, a small positive amount.

But they have not told me yet, and it is tough to check for me too after a 2 week packrat-for-auction run on CND, where they took the difference from. It will probably an innocent item with a low markup, but I really would want to know the details of how they did it.

So I replied once again ... I don't expect anything anymore tonight since this packrat is going to sleep now, but hopefully the bookkeeping hamster will tell me tomorrow.

FAIL II impressive

new email

"Dear xxxx,

Your registered Entropia Universe account with username: shr00m has been temporarily locked for investigation according to the ToU §5. Note that you cannot reply to this email. Please direct any inquiries regarding this issue to the Entropia Universe Support Department at http://www.planetcalypso.com/support-faq/contact/.

Your account has been locked in conjunction with a glitch in the deposit system. Your account will be activated as soon as we receive the difference between your deposit and the PED that you received. When the Planet Calypso website is up and running, please contact us about this in a Support Case.

Kind regards,
Your Entropia Universe Team"

So I go to the website and try and deplosit, but no I get this message,

"Credit Card Deposit
Dear Calypsian
According to our records you have not launched the Entropia Universe client yet. We recomend that you launch the client prior to making a deposit to make sure that your computer meets the requirements of the game."

so how exactly can I deposit while im locked if I cannot get the client running?

I dont have peds to pay the difference, I did a trade with most of the peds I depo'd so either MA gotta get more $ from my card (would seem most sensible) or they TT my items (and I will kill kygon if this is case lol)

EDIT also love the message on the support website , cert needs updating to the new domain

"Secure Connection Failed
62.93.236.22 uses an invalid security certificate.
The certificate is only valid for account.entropiauniverse.com.
(Error code: ssl_error_bad_cert_domain)
* This could be a problem with the server's configuration, or it could be someone trying to impersonate the server.
* If you have connected to this server successfully in the past, the error may be temporary, and you can try again later.

Last edited:
Thats exactly my problem,

about 20-30% of the money i put in is ammo at the moment as i got kicked out while hunting... so possibility for MA to just take it of the ped card...

AND - Again - MA screws their customers for their mistakes... well, this at least helps me with the question "angel or no angel"

Thats exactly my problem,

about 20-30% of the money i put in is ammo at the moment as i got kicked out while hunting... so possibility for MA to just take it of the ped card...

AND - Again - MA screws their customers for their mistakes... well, this at least helps me with the question "angel or no angel"

I'm disgusted that no-one even tried the deposit system in the production environment before it went live, its a bloody simple thing to check but I guess its ok for MA to lock a number of players as part of they're "go live testing" I dredd to think what any poor bastard would get if they withdrew tonight $200k please you'd get like $200 lol

Thx GOD i done my last deposit :yay:

and now I have to transfer $ via bank to MA to get unlocked, that is going to take fucking days and will cost ME money, i get fucked for ma's mistake

2009-02-17 00:08 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,
Thank you for contacting us about this issue. Your account will be activated as soon as we receive the difference between your deposit and the PED that you received (148 USD). You can cover this amount by doing a bank transfer to Mindark’s bank account. The bank details for your bank transfer are:

Receiving Bank: Handelsbanken

Branch / Clearing: Göteborg, Landala Torg / 6243

Account name: Mindark PE AB

SWIFT code: HANDSESS

Currency.................Account Number...........IBAN

Payments in USD. . . 49 728 059. . . . . . . . . . . . SE71 6000 0000 0000 4972 8059

Payments in EUR. . . 43 348 629. . . . . . . . . . . . SE35 6000 0000 0000 4334 8629 (EES residents must use IBAN when making payments)

Payments in GBP. . . 43 348 599. . . . . . . . . . . . SE69 6000 0000 0000 4334 8599

Payments in SEK. . . 6243 232 673 098. . . . . . . N/A

Please note that Payments in SEK are only available to Swedish Residents.

Remember that IBAN transactions are less expensive for all customers, and Mindark recommend this as default payment method for EU-residents. Non EU-residents are advised to use IBAN-payment if possible.

Kind regards,

Entropia Universe Support

i cannot belive this situation, this could quite easily cost me over £30 and take days to get get ingame

my response...

"2009-02-17 00:16 You wrote:

can you pleas tell me how long a transfer is likey to take and when i will recieve commpensation for the cost of this transfer this issue has been caused by mindark i have used the system as it was ment i have abused nothing but yet I WILL BE PAYING MORE THAN I SHOULD BECAUSE OF YOUR MISTAKES, this is simply not acceptable"

so what? we are goingto haveto send them money b4 we get unlocked instead of them driving ower pedcards to a bit in the minus side??

Omfg.. If MA doesnt trust us how the fuck are we soposed to trust them and for theyr shit also???

EPIC FAIL!!!!

Yet Atalanta just got the difference taken back off the ped card, yet you Kygon have to take further action, I dunno why? :scratch2:

So everyone who had this problem has to find ways to transfer the money into MAs bank account or see their account locked up? I have to make an extra trip to the bank and waste my time over a damn 30 usd deposit. This is really a disastrous failure on their part, in a few hours its my birthday....This must be a consipiracy to keep me from getting my well deserved birthday hof !

so what? we are goingto haveto send them money b4 we get unlocked instead of them driving ower pedcards to a bit in the minus side??

ah I see :rolleyes:

:bs:

What woeful service.

Glad I saw this, will make sure everyone I know in game knows not to deposit right now.

and now I have to transfer $ via bank to MA to get unlocked, that is going to take fucking days and will cost ME money, i get fucked for ma's mistake

2009-02-17 00:08 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,
Thank you for contacting us about this issue. Your account will be activated as soon as we receive the difference between your deposit and the PED that you received (148 USD). You can cover this amount by doing a bank transfer to Mindark’s bank account. The bank details for your bank transfer are:

Receiving Bank: Handelsbanken

Branch / Clearing: Göteborg, Landala Torg / 6243

Account name: Mindark PE AB

SWIFT code: HANDSESS

Currency.................Account Number...........IBAN

Payments in USD. . . 49 728 059. . . . . . . . . . . . SE71 6000 0000 0000 4972 8059

Payments in EUR. . . 43 348 629. . . . . . . . . . . . SE35 6000 0000 0000 4334 8629 (EES residents must use IBAN when making payments)

Payments in GBP. . . 43 348 599. . . . . . . . . . . . SE69 6000 0000 0000 4334 8599

Payments in SEK. . . 6243 232 673 098. . . . . . . N/A

Please note that Payments in SEK are only available to Swedish Residents.

Remember that IBAN transactions are less expensive for all customers, and Mindark recommend this as default payment method for EU-residents. Non EU-residents are advised to use IBAN-payment if possible.

Kind regards,

Entropia Universe Support

W T F ????????

Tell those frigging Einsteins that the best possible solution that would NOT cost YOU and THEM any money is to let you log in to the game and let you sell something to some other player and only then take the money out of your pedcard (or trade it to some MA avatar like Simon the guide for example).

lol the end helped just a bit, only a bit :)

It would be nice if MA guys responsible for this would feel some consequences for such a big fuckup.

Im in the same boat as you Kygon, Im going to have to send money via bank xfer. Bullshit. 5 years and a lot of money to MA, and Im getting shafted. Holllllla :yay:

Back