WTF is happening to VTOL MUs?

mfs1011

Old
Society
NBK Elite
Max Max Minor
sleipnir_mk1.jpg

sleipnir_mk2.jpg

There is only one Mk2 on auction with a very expensive price and Mk1 VTOLs are climbing up in price as well.

This follows from the non-appearance of newer vehicles and the disappearance of vehicle traders (or at least while I've been around TP)

So WTF is going on? :scratch2:

Either BPs are not dropping or there's a shortage of raw materials OR there's a cartel operating restricting supply to drive up prices.

Either that or some bright spark is buying up everything to try to corner the market.

Take care of that VTOL guys, it may be a classic quicker than you think!

Anyone have any better insight as to what's going on?

Ahhhh The Cartel

Can the cartel inform me before they implement price control so that I can buy a few beforehand?

For .... ahum .... stocking up .......

:p

From what I have seen in the auction the prices started rising right after the new attachable weapons. I have also noticed a lack in BPs on the auction sins that time so it leads me to 3 posible conclusions.

1: BPS has stoped dropping or extremely slowed in their drop rate
2: Demand for VTOLS has increased due to the new PVP posabilitys causing a change in the Supply demand
3: Theres a cartel operating thats ither trying to force the price up or trying to only supply a select few socs inorder to limit the PVP usage of them.

All in all I'm glad I bought my VTOL when the market was at its bottom and sins im not planing on going to PVP with it due to the price of the weapons and the fracking updates bandwith costs that keeps my deposits down I should have it for years to come.

From what I have seen in the auction the prices started rising right after the new attachable weapons. I have also noticed a lack in BPs on the auction sins that time so it leads me to 3 posible conclusions.

1: BPS has stoped dropping or extremely slowed in their drop rate
2: Demand for VTOLS has increased due to the new PVP posabilitys causing a change in the Supply demand
3: Theres a cartel operating thats ither trying to force the price up or trying to only supply a select few socs inorder to limit the PVP usage of them.

All in all I'm glad I bought my VTOL when the market was at its bottom and sins im not planing on going to PVP with it due to the price of the weapons and the fracking updates bandwith costs that keeps my deposits down I should have it for years to come.

yep we have guns now!!!! :D

Ahhhh The Cartel

LOL perfect reply.

Anybody who has tried to get more than 2 crafters to stick to a price will know it's impossible, only non-crafters ever mention cartels.

My guess is bps are dropping at same rate as always, ores are plentiful, demand remains static and no cartels are involved.

There's simply no massive rush to discover new BPs and price of BPs is not high enough for people to click 24/7. When one of these factors change then people will do more bp hunting and when the factors change back they'll stop clicking until they change again.

It's a simple rise and fall in the market, happens with a lot of stuff and it's essential for the economy. Having a static flat market would kill the game, as would a constant fall in prices.

To me it seems that after the Medusa/NextIsland VU a lot of VTOLs were purchased. Maybe because people want to discover these new additions to our world without the usual swimming/running. At least that is the reason I bought one the same night after this VU. So, less supply atm.

artificial inflation makes the rce go round.

bp 's stop to dropped since 8 days...

Kinda glad I bought my Mk3 VTOL when it first dropped. Finally something I bought in EU didn't hit rock bottom. :p

I guess the ability to add wepaons onto the VTOL made it shoot up a bit in price - it's kinda like the tank of the skies now, thanks to its higher SI then the Helicopter (and from I hear, better maneuverability). Plus it could be a BP shortage - have noticed a lack of tanks, helicopters and gunboats on auction lately.

Ahhhh The Cartel

lmao, oh this gave me a bit of a flashback. Anyone remember the Fruit Mafia? https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...tried-to-blackmail-me-)&highlight=fruit+mafia

:laugh:

Maybe crafters work on different thigns right now, like new plates from RT or try to find stuff on NI?

And I do remember the fruit mafia... they promised to ruin my business, so I hope, we never get taming back :(. I am really afraid of that guy since then, still can't sleep.

As someone else said, the vehicle bp:s have stopped dropping.

i can imagine less supply due to crafters shift to weapon producing for mayhem :confused:

To me it seems that after the Medusa/NextIsland VU a lot of VTOLs were purchased. Maybe because people want to discover these new additions to our world without the usual swimming/running. At least that is the reason I bought one the same night after this VU. So, less supply atm.

Yep that. I swam to medusa and spent time screwing with all the razortooth in the water between islands. About 18 hours after it went live i made it to the tp(was working and such). I wished i had a vtol, so went to the auction to see prices, and there was nothing there and price had shot up. So, id say it was definitely medusa and others thinking the same thing...these fish are annoying, wish i had a vtol and bought up the stock.

Price should drop again but its going to take a bit. There were no bps or anything on auction the last few times i checked.

Yep that. I swam to medusa and spent time screwing with all the razortooth in the water between islands. About 18 hours after it went live i made it to the tp(was working and such). I wished i had a vtol, so went to the auction to see prices, and there was nothing there and price had shot up. So, id say it was definitely medusa and others thinking the same thing...these fish are annoying, wish i had a vtol and bought up the stock.

Price should drop again but its going to take a bit. There were no bps or anything on auction the last few times i checked.
I don't know if Medusa has much to do with it. You don't need a VTOL to get there, a boat or hovercraft does the job just fine. I first whent there in my hovercraft even though I have a VTOL. And the prices on hovercrafts has not gone up much att all compared to the VTOLs.

Vehicle bps are rare as hell right now. Combine that with the key resources needed in large quantities need to loot those bps just now coming down in price and new weapons for vtols means they have gone up a lot.

They will probably come back down when root acid and ares powder are back to 105-110% regularly.

Any news on this? MU seems to be climbing and climbing. My in-game-sister (don't ask) wants a Sleip and I want another pristine one to color it non-orange. :silly2:

MU should drop a bit considering MM is over. Or at least stabilize.

yes, hold out for price drop. Since mu increased we got a chance to see the load of them people were holding on to

I reeeaaaalllly hope the price goes back down. I loved my first VTOL, even though I originally bought it just to use for an event. I gave it away figuring I could buy another when I earned 100ish PED. Like a week later, the markup price went

They're probably still trying to think of a way to nerf them, in regard to the cancelling agro ability they have, that won't annoy the players to much while trying to make look like a good move on their part. So they've reduced the drop rate of the bp's to limit the damage or they've decide to remove them silently.

How this effects the hanger owners who were supposed to be getting their unlimited vtols / ships back this month is anyones guess.

The High Ground, and Air to Air combat is the key.

Okay here's my take on all of this and it's really a plausible explanation..

First off when the Sleipnirs were first introduced, there was one thing completely missing from this equation, and in fact that item wwas basically sleipner mounted weapons (Like the Fire of Hel). Because everyone was crafting them and people wanted them (High supply low demand), there was a bottoming out of price and people could afford them..

But then someone decided to throw into the mix.. weapons for use in PVP areas (Most notably PVP4), and suddenly combat has become now 3 Dimensional not only on the ground but now in the air.(Yes for those who own sleipnirs, and Gungnirs, you can kill anyone below you, but if someone else has an aerial vehicle and you don't have weapons on them, then you are a sitting duck so to speak).

So what's been happening? Well folks who are Gungnir copter and Sleip Vtol jockeys are mounting weapons on their vehicles and flying into PVP 4 with impunity and are blowing each other out of the sky.. (Conversely those who are foolish enough to engage a ground target, don't realize that if they're low enough to shoot a target on the ground, then that ground based unit can shoot back (ever hear of Rocket launchers?)

so what is now happening is that folks are going into PVP loaded for bear, flying around and blowing everything either out of the skies or are 'ground pounding' the hapless miners/pker's below who can't afford such a vehcile.. So a lot of vehicles are decaying rapidly and thus folks are starting to scrap their Sleipnirs and try to buy new ones..

This inturn has put a high demand on vehicles... an with the same number of drops of BP's.. Demand is now outstripping supply and thus because there's a lack of supply, prices are starting to go through the roof... but it can only go so far..

eventually I'm guessing that in a future update, a newer set of flying vehicles will be introduced, and folks will be what will happen is that folks will buy the newer vehicles (and any subsequent weapons) , and folks won't want sleipnirs anymore.. so demand will go down. ad the prices will begin to fall..

It's just a case of usage, and demand that is driving the market.. no cartel, no short supply, end of story

Benjamin Ben Coyote a.k.a. "The Blind Sniper"

It's just a case of usage, and demand that is driving the market.. no cartel, no short supply, end of story

Benjamin Ben Coyote a.k.a. "The Blind Sniper"

You are wrong. It's the lack of bp drops that cause the lack of supply and higher prices. It's easy to see if you look at the sales trend and the numbers of sold vehicles over the time, it going down, not up as it should have been if the problem was the big increase in demand.

i do 200k cliks on vehicles and no any L bp, before i got min 10xL bps with this cliks.So it stop droping...

Back