Question: WTF is up with aurli loot area size?

kygon

Slayer
Society
...Asylum...
Kygon Shr00m Infraction
Been away for a while so sorry if covered but just been to cp for first time in since cry2 nice looking love the new size and no running after revive but WTF it takes more aiming to loot aurli than to kill them , for me it ruins the whole speedhunting experiece .. is the chirpy sized lootbox the same for everyone or is my resolution setup making things weird?

I got the same problem. Few loots gone away cause cant find the loot box.
Its guite annoying.

Reactions: dj.
Yeah, it's terribly annoying and affecting not only aurlis. Especially noticeable on argos and mulmuns as well.

yah,had same problem with aurlis..so nice trying to loot it when the problem worsens when you get bumped around by his friends as well :rolleyes:

Major pain really. Can sometimes take seconds to loot one, and thats an eternity at CP. Loot lag makes it even worser as you have to spam click the corpse not knowing if you did miss or if it is just the lag.

Most horrible thing about hunting in space atm. Pretty much kills the fun :(

I had the same problem and "solved" it by marking the moobs either before or while you are shooting them. When the mob is killed i just looted it from the "selected moob window".
Yesterday tho i upgraded my old home computer with a new graphic card and i noticed that now when i am able to run EU on High graphics the loot problem isnt a problem anymore. I can loot the mobs very easily :scratch2:.
So the loot problem could have something to do with the graphic settings because when i run EU on my laptop (low-med graphics) the loot problem is still there :confused:

Cheers
Thor Artic

Major pain really. Can sometimes take seconds to loot one, and thats an eternity at CP. Loot lag makes it even worser as you have to spam click the corpse not knowing if you did miss or if it is just the lag.

its taken me more time to loot than kill some of them! while mobs this can cost a shite load on decay....

LETS ALL RAISE SUPPORT CALLS ABOUT THIS, IM SURE ITS A BUG

I had the same problem and "solved" it by marking the moobs either before or while you are shooting them. When the mob is killed i just looted it from the "selected moob window".
Yesterday tho i upgraded my old home computer with a new graphic card and i noticed that now when i am able to run EU on High graphics the loot problem isnt a problem anymore. I can loot the mobs very easily :scratch2:.
So the loot problem could have something to do with the graphic settings because when i run EU on my laptop (low-med graphics) the loot problem is still there :confused:

Cheers
Thor Artic

im running on SLIx275's on high and very high settings at 1900x2200 so this is why I thot it may just be me, but sounds like a general issue with more than just aurli

and disapointed at my 1st trip to cp as it would have been ace to be able to keep up the old speed hunting , i dont hunt umbs because they take longer to loot than kill, i dont want aurli's to be the same lol

Just adding my name to the list, I found this very annoying and it resulted in much swearing while trying to loot Aurlis while another 4 mobs attacked me.

It's made even worse by the mobs pushing you around and often getting in between you and the dead mob so that you can't click it.

I had the same problem and "solved" it by marking the moobs either before or while you are shooting them. When the mob is killed i just looted it from the "selected moob window

By that do you mean pull up the health bars of any mobs you are attacking or plan to, and when the mob is dead just double click the appropriate bar?

That's how I hunt in busy areas like CP as I personally find it faster and easier. This is especially true when as soon as one mob falls there is another already beating on you and asking to be sorted out, and you can carry on firing at the new mob whilst clicking on the bar of the dead one.

You know when it's looted as the bar disappears. ;)

It's also the safest way to hunt in hilly areas as mobs that go into the ground can still be looted.

By that do you mean pull up the health bars of any mobs you are attacking or plan to, and when the mob is dead just double click the appropriate bar?

That's how I hunt in busy areas like CP as I personally find it faster and easier. This is especially true when as soon as one mob falls there is another already beating on you and asking to be sorted out, and you can carry on firing at the new mob whilst clicking on the bar of the dead one.

It's also the safest way to hunt in hilly areas as mobs that go into the ground can still be looted.

Yep thats exactly how i mean :). thanks for clearing it out :D

its taken me more time to loot than kill some of them! while mobs this can cost a shite load on decay....

LETS ALL RAISE SUPPORT CALLS ABOUT THIS, IM SURE ITS A BUG

you should NEVER encourage to flood the support.. unless you want to have slow respond times and longer waiting times ...

its enough for one person to send it or two...

sure its annoying but encouraging to spamsupport them or for several to send the same shit is stupid. no offence but its just retarded.

1: theyr loot box is at their penises
2. drag their healthbox out and click it when theyr dead

Last edited:

I couldn't agree more with Mandy and Thor... especially with things like Mulisk that sink into the ground or mobs with High Argo where you get mobbed. I'll put Health bars on them all before I dive in and then let the feathers fall where they may...:handgun:

you should NEVER encourage to flood the support.. unless you want to have slow respond times and longer waiting times ...

sure its annoying but encouraging to spamsupport them or for several to send the same shit is stupid. no offence but its just retarded.

Agreed, and to see what issues are priority MA could make some poll-kinda thingy on their website with bugs or problems and players simply have to upload screenshots to proove they have the problem as well, would enable support to only have to deal with it once, at least that's what i thought, and that's what i suggested, i hope that would help them and us.

On topic, the answer to your problem (till they fix the size of the loot box) has been given already so i'll just quote:
1: theyr loot box is at their [censored for delicate eyes ;P]

I totally disagree about your comment concerning the need for only a small number of ppl to send support cases. Squeeky wheel definately gets the grease when it comes to MA. The issue will linger on forever if only 1 or 2 ppl are experiencing it, if everyone complains about it it's far more likely to get fixed.

Not that everyone should run off and make a support case about this issue regardless if they hunt at CP or not but if you are personally affected and it annoys you then yes send that support case for quick resolution.

I totally disagree about your comment concerning the need for only a small number of ppl to send support cases. Squeeky wheel definately gets the grease when it comes to MA. The issue will linger on forever if only 1 or 2 ppl are experiencing it, if everyone complains about it it's far more likely to get fixed.

Not that everyone should run off and make a support case about this issue regardless if they hunt at CP or not but if you are personally affected and it annoys you then yes send that support case for quick resolution.

Agree with the above here. If only one or two people report it you get the standard copy/paste reply that no one else has experienced or reported the problem, that it will be forwarded to the design team (probably deleted) and then the support case is closed. The more of those affected that submit a support case the better or nothing ever gets done.

Back OT I lasted two hunts on CP before I got fed up of trying to find the loot spot or dragging health bars all the time. Hope it gets fixed :)

Bertha Bot said:
Hello Heap, you have just received 1.00 EFD from Mika.

The following comment was made: I dont want to give neg reps. but do consider this one. MA has 4-5 Support people, if 10 people send 2 support cases of 1 thing instead of 10 cases each... you do the math... it will go slower, and for EVERYONE else...You may view this transaction in your Transaction Log.

Be sure to use them wisely, and have a nice day!

Nobody is asking for single avatars to spam multiple support cases but rather people who are affected by the issue to let MA know. This is a time tested method to get things fixed as you'll note that the people who support it have been around PE/EU/PC quite some time.

Straight from the horses mouth:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/2017940-post90.html
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...port-all-bugs-issues-via-support-section.html
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/425164-post234.html

Starting to see a pattern? Support cases, and the quantity of people affected establish priority.

Have a nice day Mika and please don't be so forward as to scold people about something which you don't have proper knowledge of. :)

im at cp dragging health bars off works good. I have been doing this ever since 10.0 as I lost a couple loots my very first day after upgrade.

yep, add me to the list for this one.

A pain in the arse and costs in time plus decay.

Just adding my name to the list, I found this very annoying and it resulted in much swearing while trying to loot Aurlis while another 4 mobs attacked me.

It's made even worse by the mobs pushing you around and often getting in between you and the dead mob so that you can't click it.

same experience, feel your pain :smash:

add my name too..

right 1st of all who said "flood" support, IT IS VAID FOR EACH PERSON TO RAISE ONE SUPPOT CALL EACH if they feel this effects them

I dont give a fuck where the loot box is its too small, if that mean penis upgrade so be it, also I have never dont the draging of hitboxes it is simply not compatible with speed hunting and I have never been foreced to that before at cp and dont like it now

sure, I admit its a good work around until it gets fixed but as stated before MA prioritise bugs by the number of people who raise them DO NOT RAISE MORE THAN ONE EACH its pointless , I didnt think I had to point that out but someone assumed I mean 'mail bomb support' I did not this was never my point.

yes forgot about that, your trying to hit the 5x5 pixel loot box and a mob pushes you so far away you have to start all over again, all that extra wasted decay :( i do like the realisim of them pushing you about and not an issue if you can loot a larger area so I'm not hunting them as it anoys me too much , Id rather do something else than hunt my fav. mob / area THAT depresses me :( hope MA reconsider the tiny area and increase this mobs lootable target area

PS I have raise 1 support case as a "bug report" I will keep this thread posted of any actual progress (not the copy and paste response)

Thanx

Cheers
Thor Artic

LOL what a simple solution for such an annoying problem . I do this while on planet occasionally never thought to do it up there . I agree that FPC needs to fix it but in the mean time loot the drag box . + rep

Been dragging healthbars since 2007 :wtg: Never had any problems looting. Nice to not have to adapt for once :laugh:

Being a software developer myself i either maintain an extensive list of "Known Issues" or i live with the amount of support tickets i get. Because users can't know what i as developer take as an issue / bug and what i decide to be a "feature".

The right to say "Guys, don't spam me with redundant tickets" i have to earn, with a "Know Issues" list, really easy rule in our business.

Actually you can find several post from Marco last months encouraging us to send support tickets by the way. And also several post from Marco and other MA folks who clearly state that they prioritize issues that are submited by an larger number of people.

Being a software developer myself i either maintain an extensive list of "Known Issues" or i live with the amount of support tickets i get. Because users can't know what i as developer take as an issue / bug and what i decide to be a "feature".

The right to say "Guys, don't spam me with redundant tickets" i have to earn, with a "Know Issues" list, really easy rule in our business.

Actually you can find several post from Marco last months encouraging us to send support tickets by the way. And also several post from Marco and other MA folks who clearly state that they prioritize issues that are submited by an larger number of people.

agreed,

oh btw I checked up on my "BUG" report to find it changed to "Suggestion" and the we'll forward etc. C&P same old same old so its clearly not considered a bug but a 'feature' :(

Been dragging healthbars since 2007 :wtg: Never had any problems looting. Nice to not have to adapt for once :laugh:

Same as.

Not since 2007, but just if a mob proves difficult lo loot in a hurry.

I quickly adapted.

The option is there anyway.

;)

Will have to adapt then.

Bloody annoying not to be able to loot the dead mob on the floor.

The damn thing is right there. Dead.

But you are not allowed to loot it because you did not drag it's health bar.

Grrrr, just lost a loot off a big Aurli as I was bumbling about trying to loot the damn thing while having the attentions of another Strong and a Kreltin Alpha.

Cant shoot at them, as Strong on the floor - must loot. Cant loot the damn thing - so die like a twit running about trying to fap and clicking a damn corpse that wont loot.

Not the end of the world. No.

Fucking annoying. Yes.

Back