Xfire Developers Chat with MindArk

Status
I'm concerned about the sweat prices, will you make any attempts to increase it, like making a new chip, or finding another use for sweat?

I could answer that, when the MF update comes sweat and ME demand will go up possibly ALOT :)

I'm in too

I've been invited to participate in Live Chat with MA, any sugestions of questions to ask them ?
pls post it here before 19.00 calypso time

im in aswell, can't wait to ask some questions :D

According to the invite email:

You must invite “***REMOVED***” to your Xfire friends list—Do it now!

Has anyone managed to add this person yet? I tried yesterday and again today using the big + button bottom left of the client but still no response.

If you know how to do this or have managed it please PM me thanks

Wistrel

I have added him.. but havent got any invitation... ffs odd

According to the invite email:

Has anyone managed to add this person yet? I tried yesterday and again today using the big + button bottom left of the client but still no response.

If you know how to do this or have managed it please PM me thanks

Wistrel

I got chatte added within 5 mins after i added him

I added and was accepted....

I added him, not in my list tho yet.. how many ppl got invited btw??
I aint seeing many reactions on EF, gues we'll see later 2day :)

I added him, not in my list tho yet.. how many ppl got invited btw??
I aint seeing many reactions on EF, gues we'll see later 2day :)
I thought he wasn't on my list but then I saw the name at the very bottom of the friends list.

soon out of time :)

If you have added him to FL but don't see him go into your options. If you have the 'show offline friends' box unchecked, try checking it then he will probably show up ;)

is it now the live chat is???:rolleyes:

Nope - 1 hour to go.
(btw: Im invited, Chatt add me to fl, so now Im waiting - cyu there all ;])

Doh, I missed the add him/her to fl with 10 min, lol.

Is the chat live yet?
edit; soz stupid question, forgot to refresh :p

Hmm It says that the Live chat is Open to ALL Xfire Members which i am one and have been for a long time and I want in the Chat.

anyone else still pending to be added into friendslist?

been waiting since 1 hour before deadline and still not in. Just wonderin.

Got the email, added the xfire moderator to FL (saw him online earlier) but still waiting to get the group chat invite :confused:

Chateox is in my friendslist but nothing happend :scratch2: just 3 min to go now

Are they just late maybe??

I have one if anyone is interested in asking it.

Is MindArk with the Crytek2 update or shortly there after likely to be adding any form of rootkit to Entropia universe such as Punkbuster or one of their competitor's similar rootkits ?

I suppose I should ask the full question ...

Second part - And if so, how does MA intend to tackle the exploits/hacks for the admin access granted to MA through the use of the rootkits to the participants machine ?

And as a follow on, would MA be against the participant vaccinating/removing such rootkits and in place using a placebo 3rd party program to trick any punkbuster/other competitor similar rootkits enabled servers into believing the rootkit is active, hence avoiding the associated security risks to the participants yet satisfying the check done by the server so that the participant is not knocked offline.

Points to keep in mind when asking, finding out of Participants IP address via the newly establish XFire chat service where other users you attempt to connect to in a peer-2-peer fashion can have their IP address determined along with the beauty of XFire informing the potential violator as to exactly when the victim is online playing the game/using the service in which uses such rootkits.

~ Sparkz

PS. Please do not mis-interrupt what I am saying here. The functions and information that such rootkits are able to perform/provide is fantastic in relation to busting cheats which is something that EU could really do with. Yet at the same time, Entropia Universe being a financial RCE economy would make it a prime target for hacker/criminal groups around the world for whatever their goals may be.

Rootkits are and always have been deemed very risky and to the user are basically use at your own risk, especially with the latest rounds of demonstrations involving hacking of Crysis based players. One in particular where a picture was copied form the users machine, had the text - You have been violated - embedded into the image using stenography and then placed back onto the users machine with the allocation table being updated with the original date/time stamps for creation and modification using hextools, all while online playing Crysis. Even Balance could not respond except to say this was clearly the work of a hacker ... well duh dur brain ! :rofl:

Last edited:
Got the email, added the xfire moderator to FL (saw him online earlier) but still waiting to get the group chat invite :confused:

Same for me

Hope it speeds up I dont wanna be to late for work today :laugh:

chatt is my friend

I don't even show chatte online right now.

He just came online!

3:03 EST and finally got accepted :\

Just got my rig up and running with 2 minutes to spare. It's been down since Friday night. Was able to work on it this morning, power supply failed taking out the video card. :( But all is well now, let's chat!! :yay::D

i just got invited to the chat :)

but this is the only window that works atm.. :S

my xfire frozen after accepting invitaton :(

Status
Back