Xfire in EU?

Miscellaneous

Mature
Society
Freelancer
Brian Xeurol Kyr
Since I started playing, I've noticed that the Xfire menu or screenshot option doesn't work while I'm playing EU, windowed or fullscreen. I thought at first that it was just problems between EU and Xfire, but then one of my friends on my Xfire list had EU screenshots that he took with Xfire. So, is there a way to fix this?

Are you running FRAP's aswell ?

The only other program I'm running while playing EU is PEAssist. And I've tried using the Xfire options with and without that.

Vista user? :)

It doesnt work with vista atm cause vista isnt "supported" ;)

Maybe PEASS causes similar probles that Fraps does when running Xfire with games. I know for sure that running Fraps means you cant use ingame Xfire options, or take Xfire screenshots. Perhaps shut everything you can down and then boot xfire, entropia and see if that solves things.

@ Deadeye:

Yes, I'm using Vista. But I'm running under XP compatability mode.

@ Violet:

PEAss may or may not have problems with it, but I've tried running EU without using PEAss and only using Xfire. Still didn't work.

running fraps and PEass and Xfire and the sreeny prog that I dont remember the name of, And i have vista with no problems.....

@ Deadeye:

Yes, I'm using Vista. But I'm running under XP compatability mode.

@ Violet:

PEAss may or may not have problems with it, but I've tried running EU without using PEAss and only using Xfire. Still didn't work.

Well some questions:
1. Do you start EU from within X-Fire?
- If not, try to start it from within X-Fire (Extras -> Start Game -> Entropia Universe
2. Do you start the Entropia Loader as Admin?
- If so, start it with normal privileges, as if you start it with normal privleges, X-Fire can't install it's global hooks in Processes with higher Integrity Level (i.e. Admin, System or TrustedInstaller)

I'm using Vista AND Fraps .. Xfire is totally not working :laugh:

Well some questions:
1. Do you start EU from within X-Fire?
- If not, try to start it from within X-Fire (Extras -> Start Game -> Entropia Universe
2. Do you start the Entropia Loader as Admin?
- If so, start it with normal privileges, as if you start it with normal privleges, X-Fire can't install it's global hooks in Processes with higher Integrity Level (i.e. Admin, System or TrustedInstaller)

Okay, I've tried launching EU with Xfire, and it made no difference. For your second question, I know where I set Entropia Loader as Admin or not. Is that an EU option or Xfire option?

Back