Xmas Gifts

Christmas presents! :D

are here ! :yay::yay::yay:

Oh, and one of these is (L) going by the icon.

/mod note/ merged with existing thread

Please do not be joking about it being a large trout.. I have wanted that for a fucking long ass time! Best present ever!!!

:laugh: It is a very good present :D

... in Hitchhiker the dolphins vanish and leave a message:
"Goodbye and thank you for all the fish!"

That quote occurred to me also. I conclude that:
1. MA are actually dolphins.
2. They are leaving.

It's all very fishy to me.

wonder if the fish is technically suppossed to be a 'part' for the polar bear suit and more parts will be coming next year?

wonder if the fish is technically suppossed to be a 'part' for the polar bear suit and more parts will be coming next year?

It's rather an answer to people asking for "/me" command for EU chat, instead of giving us an ability to write "/me slaps X with a large trout" they gave us the trouts, literally :D

Yep cool gifts! I had the loot box disabled and it popped up:
fish 1ped..
1 ped..
1 ped..

I was like ooo
ooooo
OOOO!

MA gave me 3 items worth 1 PED EACH!:yay::yay:

thanks for Gifts.

WARNING!!!

If you wear raindeer hat, it unequips your amour face mask. Just noticed after few hours hunting. (wondered why was taking so many big hits)

Rick

The auctioneer lady got a bit shocked when i pulled out my large trout, oooooh yeah, she knows what's going on.

I got all three, but I don't have any estates.

So my guess it's down to deposits.

Unless CLDs count as estates when it comes to presents.

I think it's related to how much decay you've repaired, not deposits. I've almost always received all the gifts, Halloween gifts too, and this year being the exception, I haven't deposited since 2003. I always login and hunt & play seriously for some time before those "special dates". Owning an apartment might be a factor too, but I think if you've repaired stuff to a certain amount, you become eligible for more gifts. A guy I met last night who only joined about a month ago got a trout, I don't think he deposited anything. Newbies always get gifts and most haven't deposited...

I think it's related to how much decay you've repaired, not deposits. I've almost always received all the gifts, Halloween gifts too, and this year being the exception, I haven't deposited since 2003. I always login and hunt & play seriously for some time before those "special dates". Owning an apartment might be a factor too, but I think if you've repaired stuff to a certain amount, you become eligible for more gifts. A guy I met last night who only joined about a month ago got a trout, I don't think he deposited anything. Newbies always get gifts and most haven't deposited...

Somewhere there's a list of the old criteria. Don't remember them exactly, but think it was 1 gift for all, one for those that deposit, and third item was for those that owned an estate like an apartment OR deposited over 1k USD since avatar was created. I don't know if they are still using this criteria or not, but it seems like it. I just wish they'd change it a little to one item per apartment your avatar owns so that every apartment gets it's own gift - similar to the way that every estate got it's own resettlement containers at vu 10 (I think that's how it worked anyways? can't remember that far back - I bought several containers so maybe it was only one container per avatar?)... otherwise there's a little bit of a supply/demand issue in the game since quite a few estate owners such as myself own multiple estates... so there are fewer gifts than estates...

Are there three gifts on Arkadia too, or just two? I hopped a ride to Ark last night and only ended up with the hat and hamper over there. Is there any gifts on RT or Next Island to make it worth going there too?

Last edited:
think it was 1 gift for all, one for those that deposit, and third item was for those that owned an estate like an apartment OR deposited over 1k USD since avatar was created. I don't know if they are still using this criteria or not, but it seems like it.

Either that can't be the case or my avatar is "special", as I've always received the 3 gifts, and my deposit total since creating my avatar is under $200. I deposited in 2003 and not again until a month ago. I received all three gifts each of the years in between, when I logged in before Christmas; even when I didn't deposit anything.

I spend a ton in decay each time I put in a few months of hunting, though.

Konve konve konve..

Jamira dropped her trout on the floor and can't find it. You're talking about something completely different... :D

(it's deposits btw :p)

Not sure how I managed to quote the wrong post. :laugh:

Either that can't be the case or my avatar is "special", as I've always received the 3 gifts, and my deposit total since creating my avatar is under $200.

20 Dec 2007 Entropia Support:
Hi,

These are the criteria for receiving the Christmas gifts:

One Gift: Participant has created an avatar before the update.
Two Gifts: The participant has made at least one successful registered deposit.
Three Gifts: The participant has deposited at least 10,000 PED or is the registered owner of an estate.

Kind regards,
Entropia Support

Always was like that except for the last Halloween when we got only 1 gift for everyone.
Maybe you had owned an apartment once and forgot about that? :)

Always was like that except for the last Halloween when we got only 1 gift for everyone.
Maybe you had owned an apartment once and forgot about that? :)

Thanks for posting that letter from MA, that clarifies it. The "made at least one registered deposit" would be the reason why I receive all the gifts, because I obviously created an avatar and I own an apartment--so that explains why I meet all the criteria for 3 gifts. :)

That.
Also why is it so hard to keep any consistency on the names too... "Blabla bla (L) Blueprint (L)" vs. "blueprint bla (L) bla blabla (L)" etc.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who is annoyed by this. I've seen:

(F,L)
(F)(L)
(F,C,L)
(F)(C)(L)
(Female)
(Female)(Limited)

And many other variations I can't remember right now. It's just unprofessional IMO.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who is annoyed by this. I've seen:

(F,L)
(F)(L)
(F,C,L)
(F)(C)(L)
(Female)
(Female)(Limited)

And many other variations I can't remember right now. It's just unprofessional IMO.

Not to mention terrible for database management. I guess fault-proofing data entry and standardizing data was never one of MA's strong suits. :rolleyes:

Not to mention terrible for database management. I guess fault-proofing data entry and standardizing data was never one of MA's strong suits. :rolleyes:

The names are just strings. You could have (L) on UL items or (Edible) on some item and it would mean squat. Its also not MA that makes these strings.

Wonder if you can slap a MA official around a bit? Imagine them being slapped around after an especially buggy VU... :trout:

What's the point in a "Novelty" item if the f'king thing just decays away in minutes? (ie: fish).... F'king stupid.

Menace

What's the point in a "Novelty" item if the f'king thing just decays away in minutes? (ie: fish).... F'king stupid.

Menace

1) Perhaps they can't just hand out unl. clubs to everyone as gifts.
2) It's a fun thing for xmas, so not meant to last forever.
3) It's a FREE GIFT.
4) Stop whining, it feels like you've been doing it in almost every thread I've read today, no matter the topic.

Anyone know how long will MA give out these gifts?

Anyone know how long will MA give out these gifts?

Someone posted up to 4th January, I'd imagine its around that time, maybe by end of December. After that.....well there is always auction.

It would be awesome if they dropped an UL version of the fish in loot - hint hint ;) ;)

Back