Question: Yes or NO? Items in shared loot event mobs.

Yes or NO to Items in shared loot event mobs?

• Total voters

Talania

Stalker
Society
Mediaeval Wicca
Talania Tal Indigo
What does everyone think? Are item drops in shared loot event mobs okay or not?

Post your thoughts and what you voted in poll.

Last edited:
NO - reason i dont like to hunt on shared mobs.

Imo it is good as it is...but must admit that i do not like getting lots of globals with 0 loot :D
...thats why i do not participate much atm..so its simple for you as well..you dont like it, then dont go there :)

Large tt items and large esi in shared mob loot certainly does appear to be increasing inequality and does not seem to be making people happier about taking part of what should be shared activities.

Spending some X amount of peds to defend calypso from big robots? Sure. But X depends on the loot fluctuations on those mobs, if the swings are large and go to making somebody get a nice loot, then thank you very much, I can go smash some other robots instead.

MA, come up with a way to auto-list such items on auction and pay the receivers a share of the peds if you are going to continue to drop such. Otherwise, drop something else.

I should have added a 4th poll option for getting items as long as there is plenty of stackables to split with the rest of the hunters....

I think some items can drop (up to 50 ped I guess) so that way armor, etc can still be discovered and looted on mobs. Otherwise, have stackables drop. I find shared loot to be a gamble nowadays and I still participate because I'd like to be the one who gets lucky and loots the big esi or armor. Sounds selfish maybe, but it's true.

I'd say yes, as it's probably the only way a non-uber can loot a fun item nowdays (if items are distributed according to difficulty of mobs). (Repairable XI Heal Chips anyone?)

Though when loot is handed out, it's better to include item over say 100 ped in a larger global/hof together with stackables and not just a "loot" with one single item and no stackables whatsoever so everyone thinks it was a bug.

Last edited:
yes,items should be in "shared loot"
there would be no reason at all to hunt thme otherwise

yes, as long as the TT value is no more than "due" to that avatar. i.e. no single 50ped item in a 51 ped loot, but a 50 ped item in a 300 ped loot would still work if someone pumps in 1/6 the damage.

Definitely not....i have now stopped shooting shared mobs, unless i can take one down by myself.

TT returns suck big time, cause of items to other players. When there are 50 people shooting on a shared mob your chances of getting an item is pretty darn small. So all you can enjoy is shit tt returns. (i am not talking about bad loot periods)

So while high tt items drop on shared mobs i will not partake.

Rgds

Ace

yes, as long as the TT value is no more than "due" to that avatar. i.e. no single 50ped item in a 51 ped loot, but a 50 ped item in a 300 ped loot would still work if someone pumps in 1/6 the damage.

tbh this is why I stopped team hunting. I know I'd be the loser in the stack equation so I just stopped. An decent L item is often given to the player doing the highest amount of damage simply because of the high tt value it usually has, in the UL days it could drop with virtually no tt and end up almost randomly assigned.

Same goes for shared loot. As others have suggested low tt which everyone or the majority get are ok but then you'd never loot a high end weapon but that's the problem with the way EU has gone over the past few years.

Considering when I started I'd be hunting with a 10-40 ped budget and still be able loot A10x weapon amps, various mid range (at the time) armors, justifier mk v's, marbers, various chips, a range of faps, various tools and esi's all from mobs no higher than AOA and usually a lot lower.

No wonder that people feel they have to go for the shared loot mobs to get anything worth keeping.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies so far. I have to agree with most of the things I have read so far. I don't like it when shared loot mobs drop single items and no stacks to split to other people helping kill it. Event shared loot mobs I can understand certain ones will always have to carry some items as a reward since that is a big draw to get players to join in. I think that the items if they drop should be completely random to who gets them and always have about 3/4 of the loot or more be stacks so all can get a share. Hunting for hours and getting killed over and over to get swirls and 0.00 pec ammo is definitely not worth it.:dunce:

Shared mobs should definitely drop small item editions and the regular stackables. If there is an esi, split it in small parts and spread randomly, like regular loot. Remove emeralds and other junk from drops.

I voted yes but after reading das's idea I'm changing my vote to yes and what he said.

Talania, if the item was completely random I'd just hang out and shoot each mob once with an opalo (probably not but you get the point).

shared loot not spread items randomly.....

You do x% of the monster's hp, your chance to get an item is x%.

You will receive x% of the stackable items.

he re a small calc :

10 people hunting shared loot mob.
9 using opallo.
1 using doa.

each opallo user did 1.11% of the hp.
doa user did 90% of hp.

if items loot in global (1 item or more item) each item have 90% to go in doa user inventory.
thats not mean an opallo user cant receive an item !!!

if stackable items loot 90% will go to doa user and 10% to opallo's users (1.11% each opallo user)

I think item in shared mob is unfair, or items need to be very rare or very common (1ped TT item for everyone but with the loot % of shared one personne will loot all 1 ped TT items)

so for me "NO, shared need to have only stackable item" and I like the idea of splitted ESI ! +rep

10 people hunting shared loot mob.
9 using opallo.
1 using doa.

Yes, but back here in the real world, its not a doa user vs lots of opallo hunters, its a doa user vs a bunch of people using apis (or Spirit MKIII), so 6-7 people end up doing roughly equal amount of damage, spending roughly equal amount of peds and only one getting the payout. And no, it need not be the DOA user. Still, everybody else will lose quite big on that mob and other mobs and only one person gets payout.

make teams possible with 50+ ppl and shared loot is not needed any more.

I also like the idea with 1PED TT Items but the loot distribution needs to be clear from MA - random suxx when you can get a item with 1 shot from an Opalo - most dmg suxx because than only PED-Card decides who get's the cake.

splitted ESI instead of one big ESI great!

m2p

I voted no but to be honest I'm against Shared Loot mobs anyway in a game that involves a RCE and rarely take any part in hunting them.

Yes, but back here in the real world, its not a doa user vs lots of opallo hunters, its a doa user vs a bunch of people using apis (or Spirit MKIII), so 6-7 people end up doing roughly equal amount of damage, spending roughly equal amount of peds and only one getting the payout. And no, it need not be the DOA user. Still, everybody else will lose quite big on that mob and other mobs and only one person gets payout.

That has worried me in the past, although I do think the systems stacks and evens out loot distribution if you hunt them long enough. which explains why some of the smaller bots hof on shared, when a bunch of people might be down a lot of peds and a correction takes place.

I have looted items on shared in the past, and dont have the biggest damage. i think i've also given away personal hofs on shared after going to shared miles down on peds. Just personal feeling.

Yeah yeah no personal loot pool..blah blah.

Rick

Voted no.

The idea of shared loot in my opinion is to share the effort spent by everyone, and then someone gets a full TT thing, armor piece or weapon, whilst someone else gets a lap full of oil :p

If you hunt in a team, most people sell stuff and share the value, can't REALLY do that whe nyou got 100 people sharing an ATH ^^

yup and back in real world, one person is tanking the mob, fapping while a bunch of people killing it... and nice to see a hof and you get 50peds on a 1000peds loot because you fapped yourself and tanked mob for the other.

we just need a stack pile sharing system like normal team setup and remove the items on shared mob.

I voted no but it's not really the items that are the problem, it's the way in which the shared loot mobs are spawned.

Shared loot works well for wave events and would be good for occasionally spawned large mobs (e.g. the original Hydra event which was before shared loot existed but would have been much better with it, and was probably a major factor towards the shared loot system being created).

But constantly spawning huge shared mobs hundreds of times a day for several days in a row is extremely damaging to the short- and long-term economy for a number of reasons (disproportionate amounts of certain stackables and L items entering the market, perceived devaluation of skills and equipment, etc).

It would be much better if Vortex were spawned only once for, say, every 500 Vanguard kills, and if the Vanguard spawn itself was slowed down. It shouldn't be possible for someone to just keep pumping ammo into high HP shared mobs for hours on end without a pause.

Personally I also find it extremely tedious and irritating to see the Top 17 hunting HoFs all being shared loot on the same mob, as it was when I logged in yesterday.

I voted no but it's not really the items that are the problem, it's the way in which the shared loot mobs are spawned.

Shared loot works well for wave events and would be good for occasionally spawned large mobs (e.g. the original Hydra event which was before shared loot existed but would have been much better with it, and was probably a major factor towards the shared loot system being created).

But constantly spawning huge shared mobs hundreds of times a day for several days in a row is extremely damaging to the short- and long-term economy for a number of reasons (disproportionate amounts of certain stackables and L items entering the market, perceived devaluation of skills and equipment, etc).

It would be much better if Vortex were spawned only once for, say, every 500 Vanguard kills, and if the Vanguard spawn itself was slowed down. It shouldn't be possible for someone to just keep pumping ammo into high HP shared mobs for hours on end without a pause.

Personally I also find it extremely tedious and irritating to see the Top 17 hunting HoFs all being shared loot on the same mob, as it was when I logged in yesterday.

what he said

I would say no only because its a pain having to sell an item!It can take days plus the cost associated with trying to sell said item.The social aspect of hunting in EU would benefit if there was a benefit to hunting in a group so maybe if globals etc were paid out equally in gems or other fun ped values team hunting would increase.?

Back