You Killed The Forum

loren

Stalker
Loren
This forum is dead! not been on for a week and all I see is sales threads or I won something...

It's Pointless I need more... realistic game playing threads like the old days!! :eyecrazy:

Call it a matured community, takes something major like mission rebalance or some major nerfs to really get the community buzzing with chat.

Maybe we are bored, people wanted MU on items, but Christ its boring.

I wish people would post their migration hofs....Give me one MA, I'll post it...LOL.

Sure Loren, I noticed a slow down in forum excitement last few weeks.

Rick

I wondered what the smell was.......

...then I considered 2 things.

1) Migration - everyone out hunting those pesky Eomon, Longtooth and Feff Elites.

2) It's Summer and really, really hot even in bleak cloudy Britain.

:tux:

2 Miners walk into a bar.

"Sorry, you're too young. You have to leave."

"That's ok. You got no Beer anyway."

You're welcome. :tiphat:

Many people quit looking for work when they find a job. :)

A "new posts" button that excludes sell and buy posts and a separate buttton for new sell/buy post would be a nice option :p

I see players often say their page does not refresh! it's not broken just a page or twenty of selling/and about 3/4 posts buying .

I wondered what the smell was.......

...then I considered 2 things.

1) Migration - everyone out hunting those pesky Eomon, Longtooth and Feff Elites.

2) It's Summer and really, really hot even in bleak cloudy Britain.

:tux:
I'll second this post. :yay:

Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Your "Nor" allowed to do that ... ;)

Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Your "Nor" allowed to do that ... ;)

Possible response to "Buddy, you got a dead cat in there?" ;)

Last edited:
Possible response to "Buddy, you got a dead cat in there?" ;)

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something :D

Last edited:
A "new posts" button that excludes sell and buy posts and a separate buttton for new sell/buy post would be a nice option :p

I suggested that (or something very similar) to one of the mods but apparently it was not considered.
It would be nice if they just enforced this forum rule "The purpose of the PlanetCalypsoForum Trading section is to facilitate deals not easily accomplished using the existing mechanisms available within Entropia Universe."

I wrote nearly 3 paragraphs and realised it was all just bitching about MA. So I deleted what I wrote. Going to reply to other thread on why we still play.

I wrote nearly 3 paragraphs and realised it was all just bitching about MA. So I deleted what I wrote. Going to reply to other thread on why we still play.

Well if thats the way you feel - .... :scratch2:

Last edited:

I can't even begin to count how many books / walls O' text I've written and deleted and moved on to something else in these forums over the years :laugh:

I can't even begin to count how many books / walls O' text I've written and deleted and moved on to something else in these forums over the years :laugh:

You are sooo awesome... my hero... :rolleyes:

I'm still trying to write a meaningful sentence. Try try again they say so forum you are warned ;)

3 words...... "Nazi Moderating Tactics".

Ever since 711 decided he'd take care of the forum for MindArk it's been a slow rolling shit storm. I mean... it was bad before.... but it's getting to the point where only sales and HoF threads are allowed to go past page 3 or 4....

All must remain well in "Happy Land". Now adays people don't even bother because a topic turns into a debate and before you know it people are getting banned and the thread's getting closed. No point in even attempting to have an adult discussion because moderators may find a negative word in it and are forced at gun point (An old Luger I might add) to swing the ban hammer.

Menace

I think that is a bit rough Menace,

711 did a good job in the past, yes moderation is very tight now, but I would have assumed that would occur in the fear of it ever getting like it was before. 2008-2010 were very bad times.

The forums are a lot more pleasant these days in comparison.

Find a bar on Calypso that's received a shipment lately. ;)

There was a bar with a cactus plant in it until I mentioned on forums that it could be used to make Tequila then suddenly it vanished after an update.:D

Ok lets see top popular topic on the forum of a game I wont name. I think we are doing better :laugh:

Error 73 9.07.2013

RMAH Made This Game Pay to Win

So when's the CE wings getting fixed?

ThorienKELL and Oioxful

People still play this?

Trying to keep playing

Stop the boosting by high lvl character

Couldn't agree more. I try to post every day and read all new threads that are not buying / selling, I try to contribute and rep to as many as possible. My responses are only my opinion but hey we are all entitled to one.

I would love to see "show new posts - not buying selling" button - which would make post reading much easier.

Seems the forum has slowed in recent weeks but in northern hemisphere it is summer and ppl are probably engaged in migration hunts.

The community is like a group of old-timers in rocking-chairs on a warm autumn porch.

Now and then one of them says "Hey, do you remember...". "Yeah", answers one of the others without opening his eyes. No need to specify or continue. They do remember and have talked everything over one too many times.

The only thing that may enliven them for a short while is when a naked guy runs down the street screaming that he accidentally gave his clothes to a stranger, but that happens too often to retain their attention for too long.

The chairs are squeaking gently and the folks are smiling to their thoughts while the sun slowly sets.

3 words...... "Nazi Moderating Tactics".

Ever since 711 decided he'd take care of the forum for MindArk it's been a slow rolling shit storm. I mean... it was bad before.... but it's getting to the point where only sales and HoF threads are allowed to go past page 3 or 4....

All must remain well in "Happy Land". Now adays people don't even bother because a topic turns into a debate and before you know it people are getting banned and the thread's getting closed. No point in even attempting to have an adult discussion because moderators may find a negative word in it and are forced at gun point (An old Luger I might add) to swing the ban hammer.

Menace

I tell you what though some things do open your eyes, when you look elsewhere.

I was playing settlersonline, it's the usual boring repetative stuff we all seem to addictively enjoy (but very very very cheap, if in control and have patience). Although when online there, I rarely contribute to the game chat. The mods are the most hardcore Nazi's I've ever experienced in any game.

There must be one or two kids that play it, but it's run as if the majority are kids....crazzy management.

Even the mention of drink or partying, or anything above what a 10 year old would talk about is slammed down by the mods (and thats in-game), so I wouldn't even go near their forum. Just play the damn thing and leave, no talk.

The game is good though, I remember buying the first ever version on Amiga. ALL those years ago.

This is not an advert for a game, it's simply an explaination of differences in moderation on other games.

Rick

Back