Alf Svensson Interview Discussion

Well, not sure, but Sedish time it'll be like 2-4am'ish...

I'm adding the link to the interview now, then it's in 711's hands... unfortunatel, he's off to bed right now, b/c he was up all night working on the forums... as soon as he's back up, he'll post it up :)

I'm sure he'll respond in this thread as soon as it is up :yay:

oh god-damn-it lol

will have to sit up all night then :rolleyes:

so what time MA time is the interview up? :rolleyes:

I would like to know that too! Can't wait!

Chellie and I are leaving the country for a holiday tomorrow, give us something to dream about while we can't access EU! :cool:

Tyvm for your hard work!!! :yay: Looking forward to hearing more of these in the future!! :D

There will be a website announced at the end of the interview, telling where to go to get an exclusive view of a picture of the new world. Please do not post this website in this or any other forum. The picture will be released to the general public within a few days.

There was no website announced at the end of the interview just something about cucumbers :scratch2:

Thanks for the interview! I missed the very begining and will try to catch it again.

There was no website announced at the end of the interview just something about cucumbers :scratch2:

you didn't listen all the way to the end then, and the cucumbers was an inside joke ;)

you didn't listen all the way to the end then, and the cucumbers was an inside joke ;)

I did listen to the end, right after the cucumbers comment the David Simmonds interview started.

I did listen to the end, right after the cucumbers comment the David Simmonds interview started.

I'll take this up with 711, he may have been testing still, he was messing with the radio stuff.... check yer pm's

Only interview with DAvid running right now...was too slow to hear the cocumbers it seems :D

oh wow... it got cut off..... seriously need to pm 711...

Well...
I can imagine why :D
That screenshot will surely be released next week :D
But the release date of the Cryengine was interesting enough, you really caught him there :D

Well...
I can imagine why :D
That screenshot will surely be released next week :D
But the release date of the Cryengine was interesting enough, you really caught him there :D

no, I swear, the link is up right now... end got cut off, sending 711 the fixed mp3 now (just with me saying the web address)

Yeh.... I dunno I kinda like it. The mysterious comment about cucumbers then the cut off.

If you leave it, people will forever be asking "what about the cucumbers?"

That would be kinda cool actually, "ahhh... the cucumbers" :laugh:

btw some good answers there! About the volume though, it might be worth running the whole thing through a sound editor next time and amping up the bits where you're talking. It was nice that the MA side of the conversation was a lot clearer this time however so good job on sorting that out.

Wistrel

PS thanks for picking some of my questions :D

no, I swear, the link is up right now... end got cut off, sending 711 the fixed mp3 now (just with me saying the web address)
right now David is on again...

Weird...did not here anything about cucumbers...
But then again, I am no woman and I do not feel like spring :D

right now David is on again...

Weird...did not here anything about cucumbers...
But then again, I am no woman and I do not feel like spring :D

check yer pm's ;)

To answer the bit about the cucumber, I got a rather inconveinent phone call during the interview (that got edited out)... It was reffering to a request from a manager that he didn't order enough cucumbers ;)

Hm, that's why i didn't hear URL, after listening whole interview with Alf three times (from beginning to end) :D
Sad, what i should wait again to hear "fixed" version :(

Hm, that's why i didn't hear URL, after listening whole interview with Alf three times (from beginning to end) :D
Sad, what i should wait again to hear "fixed" version :(

No, it's being fixed now :)

the pic is well worth the wait ;) be patient, the cucumber fiasco will be sorted soon i think :D

Badger was on the phone with me while I listened to ensure the ending was in there... unfortunately, the ending didn't convert properly when converting the entire bit to mp3... I have sent 711 the final part seperately from the remaining interview :) So, the end IS coming, and the picture IS there :p

My apologies, in my haste to get the interview up, and get the hell out of work, I didn't double check the final product (which was, admitidly the 18th conversion I had done, and none had gone wrong...). I was so excited to get you all the info (and get the hell out of work), I didn't double check the most important part.. but, I do hope you all enjoy the actual meat of the interview....

~Red

Last edited by a moderator:
check yer pm's ;)

To answer the bit about the cucumber, I got a rather inconveinent phone call during the interview (that got edited out)... It was reffering to a request from a manager that he didn't order enough cucumbers ;)

hmmm...
one could now think, that there is a connection between cucumbers, the stock exchange, CND's pirates and the Cryengine....I wonder ...

Maybe we all should start buying cucumber share right now :D

Thanks to Dion I got to enter a tag ;)

We now have a cucumber tag - :laugh:

Lol, I left the bit about the cucumber in there for you guys to ponder ;)

Picture reminds me somehow of "Carefree"...
Hmmm...maybe they really do want to attract more woman to the service :D

Picture reminds me somehow of "Carefree"...
Hmmm...maybe they really do want to attract more woman to the service :D
Screenshot looks "a bit" strange for me, don't see any big difference with current engine, or maybe they just use old simple 3D models :scratch2:
Especially if we compare that screenshot with any screenshot from CryENGINE 2 info page or from Crysis.

Screenshot looks "a bit" strange for me, don't see any big difference with current engine, or maybe they just use old simple 3D models :scratch2:
Especially if we compare that screenshot with any screenshot from CryENGINE 2 info page or from Crysis.
Odd for you, to me it looks very similair to the Crysis game, only more scifi...

And, what sort of models are they supposed to use, 4d?

Only pic I have seen of Cryengine2 and EU is a poorly pasted SEG with red blades into the Cryengine2 editor for Crysis which is not in any way a indication of EU grapics

I kind of laughed with MA devs mentioning having their trees fall down from bullets as real life physics when pictures showed a normal singleplayer campaign mission of Crysis

Only pic I have seen of Cryengine2 and EU is a poorly pasted SEG with red blades into the Cryengine2 editor for Crysis which is not in any way a indication of EU grapics

I kind of laughed with MA devs mentioning having their trees fall down from bullets as real life physics when pictures showed a normal singleplayer campaign mission of Crysis
what the hell are you talking about o_O

Note to those reading, this guy hasn't seen 'THE' picture, quite obviously by his description...

Back