FYI: something needs to be done!

how to maintain a good balance of skill price?

• nerf the skills more!

Votes: 45 42.1%
  • stop chipping in/out of skills

Votes: 52 48.6%
  • other post below

Votes: 55 51.4%

• Total voters

steve20286

Guardian
john jonny watson
something needs to be done about the price of skills its becoming all to easy to buy your way to uberness! with people skilling to sell and not a lot of new players joining the prices are coming down how can we stop skills becoming worthless? and worse uberness becoming cheap.

Easy....Stop all(L)-items then the ppl will be forced to gain skills if they want to do something and for MA to stop nerf. the skills.

Because as i said before that i only think that MA made the (L)-items to make skolls to be worthless and then they took avay most off the drop rate off items so its a way to nerf the loot and the skill and now they also nerf the skills because its harder to gain skills.

So it is 3 big nerf.

Last edited:
You forgot the "Attract a million new players this year." option.

Oh wait, MA has no developers who are able to add new entertaining content, they are just a bunch of accountants and support people. Their only chance is launching a huge marketing drive, getting us some fresh newbies and all of us selling out real quick before they realize the game is just a boring grindfest that relies solely on the addictive nature of well camouflaged gambling.

e.No offence MA guys, just a little :poke: ;) :laugh:

Last edited:
You just have to skill faster than prices fall, then your skills are worth more all the time. :rolleyes:

PS Posting lots of threads on EF about the price of skills does not gain you skills. ;)

Originally Posted by steve20286
uberness becoming cheap.

lol lol lol Not today it was only för the players who was here the first 2 years and got all the uber items they need for no money but the last 1.5 year no now you have to pay big money.

So even if i buy all the best items to day it will take me about 10 years before i go with profit.

think..

before now
Mod Fap 5000 ped 340000 ped
Ml-35 800 ped 25000 ped
DOA L 600 ped 22000 ped
Angel 20000 ped 70000 ped
Shadow 50000 ped 120000 ped

and so on in just 4 years lol

Before 100.000 players now 700.000 players so now we can talk about balance.

Last edited:
Nerfing the skills would suck, stop chiping in/out would suck too :).
But there could be a limit for chiping in.

skills we are talking about not items ;)

No we talking about the price on the skills and i think that the (L).items is the bad guy that made the skills worthless because then ppl see that they dont to have so much skills to do what they want to do so the price goes down on skills.

and what exactly needs to be done ?

skill nerf ? thanks, but no, I'm completely fine that I need to cycle like 10k peds to gain one level (aka many hours with P4A unless I want to loose much) now when I'm noob, no need to slow this even more.

stop chipping out ? and how are going to make ppl stop chipping out ?..

besides that I allways considered skills worthless, if you expected to break even on skills+loot your problem :silly2:.

I have played most days for the last two months and in this time I have added maybe 15000 to my total skills - yet the total value of my skills has decreased.

There will come a time when all skill chips are sold at only a fraction more than the cost of the ESI. This will simply be a reflection of there being so many total skills in the game (maybe, I am guessing, 100 million or more at the moment, increasing to 1000 million before long).

Skills like Anatomy and LWT have already got there. Skills like HG and Rifle are about to get there and soon even the expensive ones like Engineering and Evade will decrease to 2000% and below.

MA don't seem too concerned with this problem. :(

Last edited:
I see nothing wrong with skills being cheap, and if you think skills doesn't mean anything and that the L are the cause if this well then i'd have to say your pure stupid :cool:

Skills are massively important. And so are the L items, without the L items the eu economy would not be possible to sustain for any very long periods.

they are only getting cheaper as a number of people have chipped out there for more skills chips on the market.. if you manged to get 100 lvl skill, chipping some out for some extra peds becomes a option..

Skills have a TT value (or at least the chip they are on has a price).

MA gaurantees your PED to the USD. If you live anywhere but the US, now is a great time to be selling skills, and withdrawing. When the dollar regains value against the rest of the worlds economy, you can 'buy back' your skills if you wish, at a (relatively) cheaper price than you sold them for.

Skills are one of the things in EU you can actually expect to eventually drop in price.

MA gaurantees your PED to the USD. If you live anywhere but the US, now is a great time to be selling skills, and withdrawing. When the dollar regains value against the rest of the worlds economy, you can 'buy back' your skills if you wish, at a (relatively) cheaper price than you sold them for.

If you cash out 3000peds, you get 300USD (disregarding any fees). Converting those to euro's for example, gives you let's say 200 euro (don't know exact current conversion rate USD -> euro). If the dollar regains value to let's say 1 USD = 1 euro, you can buy back only 2000peds.

So unless I'm overlooking something (which is possible since I'm pretty tired atm...), it's not smart to withdraw anything atm if you live outside the US, it's better to wait till the dollar has regained value.

something needs to be done

something needs to be done about the price of skills its becoming all to hard to buy your way to uberness! with people buying skills and a lot of players chipping out the prices are coming up how can we stop skill inflation? and worse uberness becoming expensive.

If you cash out 3000peds, you get 300USD (disregarding any fees). Converting those to euro's for example, gives you let's say 200 euro (don't know exact current conversion rate USD -> euro). If the dollar regains value to let's say 1 USD = 1 euro, you can buy back only 2000peds.

So unless I'm overlooking something (which is possible since I'm pretty tired atm...), it's not smart to withdraw anything atm if you live outside the US, it's better to wait till the dollar has regained value.
You woudl be correct, I'm tired too :D

You get more ped for your Euro, but less Euro for your ped... Either

Skills have a TT value (or at least the chip they are on has a price).

Skills are one of the things in EU you can actually expect to eventually drop in price.

It's the opposite: nowdays it's better to deposit since the $ is so weak. It's better to wait till it will be stronger to cash out.

Edit : Too late :p

Oh and skills don't have a TT value, just the ESI you put them on has a TT value.

boo hoo. i don't see a problem on the cost of skills. the only problem i see is the price of ESIs being 1000% again. i maintain they should be purchased from the tt, then the chips would reflect the actual value of the skills.

prices go up, prices go down. i am sorry if you skill buisness is flat, but i am here to earn skills, not sell them until i quit.

edit: love the poll. at this posting it is equal on each choice :)

Last edited:
ok so what if something happened in rl and you had to leave today? then you would not think the same, its not about SKILL BUSINESS as you put it. its the general value of skills decreasing over the long run due to lack of new player and easyness of skilling and people skilling to sell.

What the fuck, chip to 20k Engineering + 20k Manu Tools + 20k Manu Attachments + 20k Manu Weapons and then say again this is cheap.

Damn!

no, it is like the 'value' of sweat. as nexus rises sweat prices lower since people don't like paying so much for ME.

since the ESIs are expensive again, the variable is the skill level. and so the relative value of the skills go down.

you skill's value would be MUCH more if we had tt ESIs. overall, they might not look as much, however much of the filled implant is the cost of the ESI.

for example a person tried to sell me his avatar for 5000 ped as that is what the skill calculator stated his value was. however, at least 4000 of that was the cost of an ESI. when, i told him i'd only pay 1000 ped, if i were to buy the avatar, he realized it wasn't going to work the way he wanted it to.

however, if the ESI was at tt, he coudl have got way more than 1000 ped i believe. see? you make money on the skill. the implants are killing the margin.

p.s. i understand other factors are in play, but i feel the high cost of ESIs are devaluing the skill value. and those that say skill doesn't matter because of (L), really are not loooking at the big picture.

Last edited:
but look at skills such as rifle. they are barely worth more than the chip itself!

but look at skills such as rifle. they are barely worth more than the chip itself!

rifle was at 2400% last time i checked a few days ago. A few weeks earlier it was ~2000%. I wouldn't call it cheap, and certainly wouldn't call it "prices going down"

but why is rifle ony 2000% look at mining skills and engineering why are they higher in price? maybe rifle skill comes too easy? lots of players sell it buy not as many buy it?

Uberness becoming cheap ?!
Ok...how much TT value in skills would one need to get to level 100 in one profession ?
I doubt that it would be "cheap".
And just because some people thought, doing an investment in skills and are now afraid they make losses is for me no reason for panic.
As almost anything, only TT value counts. If you get more that is fine, if it's less there is still the TT.
Anything else is only whining.

ok you take all your skills to the tt then ;) good luck hope you get back as much as it cost you to skill it!

i dont know what you are moaning about i thought china was gonna join the game that surely will bring manny new menbers willing to snap up anything spare at stupid prices :yay: we are all saved! hoooray for china

but why is rifle ony 2000% look at mining skills and engineering why are they higher in price? maybe rifle skill comes too easy? lots of players sell it buy not as many buy it?

I suppose the price somehow reflects how easy/difficult it is to get that skill and the amount of people skilling it. Hunting being the most popular activity in EU and rifle being an easy to gain skill, the price is naturally going to be low. If you don't like to have skills with low value, don't do the most popular activity in EU - do something that is less popular, like taming, colouring or whatever - if you care to pay the peds it takes and want to spend the time to do skill it.

i dont think you have any idea of the cost to become "uber". its cheap to buy skills up to a few thousand across the board, but you work out the costs to say unlock commando, kill strike and quickness and say 175HP (really nowhere near uber) and you are looking at a cost of $40k at least. thats too cheap?

Back