Version Update 10.0 Announcement

That's great news! :yay:

*wanders of thinking how to get a real life when EU is down........*

What amount of "unique items" will be dropped? Another question, is there any news on the Create-a-mob competition?

There will be more than a thousand SGA-exclusive items to be found. There will even be a few Modified FAP's SGA edition in the midst.

The Create-a-mob comp will be addressed at a later date.

Yeah, but dont get too excited, i can imagine MA having 1 comp sharing the file, and 10.000 anxious Entropiaholics DL'in, speeds wont be mind boggling right after the release

That's what superseeding is for :D I just hope ma know's what it is :p

Basicly you seed until one person has most of the file and then let another one get it and so on to build a nice big swarm faster.

There will be more than a thousand SGA-exclusive items to be found. There will even be a few Modified FAP's SGA edition in the midst.

LOL now many people won't be able to sleep ever again ^^

ooh, nice :)

Awesome!

"The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters."

That nothing most now dewloped games are 5 to 6g the download is fast using torrent because you share with many ppl.
As for those that are on optical high and internet that like 18 min to download.;)

make that like 5min :p

UUUUUUUUGH!

Now I'm going to have to "power play" Entropia for the next week to get my fix for the next few months. I'm not going to be able to play anymore after VU10 until I purchase a new PC. :mad: I know we've all been waiting for this for years now, but I was secretly hoping they'd wait until October to release it in unison with Windows 7, aka when a lot of people (including myself) will finally be upgrading from our 5-10 year old computers.

Am sure the options to turn down graphical details in game, will accomodate what you are used to now.
Turn it right up, and lag lag lag, slideshow etc etc.

MARCO, just a brief comment on the taming system please, as I did not see it mentioned specifically in the release note: at which point will that be re-introduced and is that one of the systems being upgraded?

Nice!

I hope you'll have the time to complete the competition then when CE is released.

Another question: Will the auctions be halted?

Yes.

We are in the process of compiling a Q&A / FAQ for questions from a player perspective which will be release together with the VU 10.0 Content List.

Version Update 10.2 will include Teaming, Third Person Avatar Navigation, and Audio Enhancements.

Question 1: Does this mean that third person view will not be available until 10.2?

Question 2: The avatar creation system was not improved? Reading the text I got the impression that we will use the same old system, although much was made of a new improved one to be implemented in VU10...

Nonetheless, VU10 is here. Now let's see what the partners have for us... It is about time that FPC has some competition... The lack of it always breaths complacency.

Marco, taming...any comment on it please...come on man, don't leave me hanging:)

so... now lets us all be more positive in here to atract new players when the rush will come. Cause i hope MA and FPC will promote this game world wide heavy now and new players will join the game and EF cause we all really need them.

Good job Marco and other. Lets now make this viritual world to a success story and have it stay that way . . .

HAVEAHOF!!!

Hurrah!

Marco, will we have to find all the teleports again or will they still be on the map (even if the teleporters themselves cant be used) ?

I was right!! GOLDEN Faps :laugh: I guess not for everyone though...

I noticed that the Taming system was not mentioned anywhere in the release...except I guess to say that in Version 10.2 major new systems will be introduced and new ones expanded...Marco if you are reading, a small comment on this?

No ETA on taming yet. We are discussing whether to convert the V9.4 version or adding new functions. The later will require more time. The same goes for other pieces of content not mentioned. They are not forgotten and will come, but we haven't allocated in with future VU yet.

Will those items be found by one persone or more than , ;ez say 600 avatars? :)

Marko:

“FOR SUCESEFUL BUSSINESS IS BETER TO TAKE 100 PEDS / MONTH FROM 100000 CUSTOMERS THAT TO TAKE 10000 FROM 1000 CUSTOMERS!”

Hope long life to the NEW Calypso.:)

Err, nope, it's cheaper to support 1000 customers if the revenue is the same. Sorry I couldn't resist biting at this one.

TY Marco
I'm off to buy 1000 cans of stay awake drink woooo, hoooo I want itemz ...
PC already good to go, must upgrade the missus GFX card this weekend.

I strongly recommend that no one goes out and buys a PC until they have tried running this update and you can learn from other peoples experience.

Arto :wtg:

wow yeah! ill have my pants down for a dam week now thats for sure.

BONER

Yes, please tell us whats going to happen with auctions Marco!

And, almost forgot, bank loans in case there is people who aren't on today, who planned to pay back the loans next weekend.

No. Too much hassle with the clothes and armor that is gender-specific.

I agree that is asking way too much.
I find nice that they took the time not to screw our hard made characters let give them credit for that.;)

Back