What's the secret to a consistent, substantial, and sustainable income?

Come on guys, don't mess with the poor guy. We all know that everyone besides him is making 1k+ped profit a day.

narfi

I've just about given up on the loot system. I think it's geared for people to lose first, win after. I think the only way to get a good income is to own land, either a land area or a shop. Is there another way?

Please don't say "play eco." By "substantial," I mean more than 104% on wool thread once a month, saving 1 pec per kill, or getting an additional 50 sweat per hour. I'm talking about 100-1k ped per day.

If exists a secret, why do you think people must to say you??? A secret is a secret... ;)

this is the secret :

these numbers are the ones ! ;)

100-1k ped a day is a pretty steep demand. You are looking for a full time job.
Buy full supremacy, mod fap, and a mod merc, skills to max mod merc and 50+ evader and 200+ health and camp mulaak'f (8+ hours/day), while waiting for auctions to go by trading full time. Make sure you're best friends with all the regulars.
Lower your expectations and perhaps we can consider something that requires a bit less investment.

those "tricks" came to each of us [if came at all] as a result of bloody peddraining experiments ... so ... sharing them is pretty challenging

If you're talking about something else than hunting, mining or crafting, there are no secrets really, just common sense.

A few tips:

* Never play the loot game with Mindark, and make sure you don't have the tools to do it either. Sell all guns, armor, blueprints and maybe skills.

* Don't believe people when they tell you how much money they make. It's usually 100% bullshit, or based on one week of lucky trading. Do your own thing and make your own conclusions.

* You need lots of: Money, patience and time. If you're street trading, time is most important. If you own LA's or shops, it's money and patience.

I'm talking about 100-1k ped per day.

That's a lot, I seriously doubt any shop makes 1k a day or even half that. But if you spend 8 hours a day street trading 100-1k is very possible.

Gl. :)

Reactions: Uni
Please Correct Me If I'm Wrong...

I've just about given up on the loot system. I think it's geared for people to lose first, win after. I think the only way to get a good income is to own land, either a land area or a shop. Is there another way?

Please don't say "play eco." By "substantial," I mean more than 104% on wool thread once a month, saving 1 pec per kill, or getting an additional 50 sweat per hour. I'm talking about 100-1k ped per day.

It seems to me that you are asking how to make up to $100 a day playing a game? Sorry, as many have said, MA is about making money and not giving it out to everyone...(FHC of MA).

I've been playing this 'non-game' for over 5 years and if you break even you are doing good, if you are not a (FHC of MA).

Just my 2 pecs...:yay::yay:

Seoul....

Hehe,

There are no secrets or special 'tricks'...

> Trading -> ok
> Shop -> ok
> LA -> ok

> Or think out of the box, and offer a service :)

gl mate

It seems to me that you are asking how to make up to $100 a day playing a game? Sorry, as many have said, MA is about making money and not giving it out to everyone...(FHC of MA).
If you are lucky, you might make 3 peds sweating every 3 hours or so.. maybe... at least pre vu 10 you could, lol...

Using that as a base (even if it is a bit high estimation maybe?)...
You need 10 peds to make one dollar... so you'll need more than 3 x 3 peds... so you'll need 4 participant slaves willing to sweat for you every hour of every day to get 1 dollar every two hours...?..

Too get up to the 1.00 USD level per hour, if the above is roughly estimated to be true, you'll need 8 participants slaving away every hour for you every day to just get to one dollar per hour, and that's if luck is on your side...

There's 24 hours in a day... so that gets you up to 24 dollars a day, maybe...

Ok.. 100/24=4.16.. so lets just round up to 5...

so you'll need about 8x5= 40 participants willing to freely give you all the sweat they make every hour, 24 hours a day to get to the level you are talking about, maybe... and you must make it a condition of their service that they never eat or sleep!

So... now you know the secret... all you need to do is go find 50 friends that are willing to be online 24 hours a day, doing nothing but sweating... and have each one of them give you all their sweat! Good luck with that. I'm sure there might be some folks in third world countries willing to do that if you are paying them real cash irl... but even then, you'll have a hard time getting them to work for you for such measly pay - especially since you'll probably have to flip the payments on them getting internet and computers fast enough to even log in in the first place...

;) :)

Last edited:
I cannot understand why people keep saying you can make money with a shop?

The only way i can see it makes you cash, is if you use it as a trading post, nothing more or less

Otherwise you still have to make the damn stuff that goes in it, or mine it or hunt stuff. So therefore it doesnt make you a cent, just saves the odd pec or two

Rgds

Ace

PS as for a constant profit, for me it is patience and a little know how, but not in the range you are talking, well below that

:duh:
Become the
FPC Community Manager​

I cannot understand why people keep saying you can make money with a shop?

The only way i can see it makes you cash, is if you use it as a trading post, nothing more or less

Otherwise you still have to make the damn stuff that goes in it, or mine it or hunt stuff. So therefore it doesnt make you a cent, just saves the odd pec or two

Rgds

Ace

PS as for a constant profit, for me it is patience and a little know how, but not in the range you are talking, well below that

If you are hunting or whatever there's no point in owning a shop, unless you have filled all your selling slots at auc...

You need to get items from others in bulk and sell at markup.

Serious shopkeeping needs 100% of your time and peds. I've been doing it for over a year and I never craft, hunt or mine myself. There's money to be made but, I have to be honest, profit is tiny compared to money and time invested.

Serious shopkeeping needs 100% of your time and peds. I've been doing it for over a year and I never craft, hunt or mine myself. There's money to be made but, I have to be honest, profit is tiny compared to money and time invested.

true... BUT...

some estates, i.e. hangers (if they ever come back online), houses, and booths have zero peds in rent due monthly... so once initital investment is made in those, any peds made start's helping you make something since ongoing overhead costs is substantially lower... especially interesting now that FPC has the upgrade offer - which gives you more item slots in a shop than a shopkeeper can, and at a much lower cost than a shopkeeper...

:duh:
Become the
FPC Community Manager

Love the smack-to-the-head smiley, is that supposed to indicate that 'if only you'd applied, the job could be yours'? I feel for your dissappointment in not being considered, what with the immense experience and popularity you've earned over your several weeks in-game.

Back on-topic; Eco is a way to minor profit, yes. Eco though is a part of a plan; it's the whole plan you need to make a 'living' from this place. There are no easy routes to become one of 'the few'. It takes investment, hours of playing to a strict plan, LUCK and the ability to choose the best path at every fork in the road. And like a previous poster said; if there was advice you could be given that would allow anyone to achieve profit, there would be no loot, no game, no profit. It HAS to be a tricky solution to both discover, and stick with to it's conclusion. Good luck.

Personally, I'm here on the "play in the hope of funding the next hunt, dream of a big win" ticket; less cost, less stress, more fun. Enjoy the game at your own pace, it's a damn sight easier than hunting profits.

Hurrikane

Love the smack-to-the-head smiley, is that supposed to indicate that 'if only you'd applied, the job could be yours'? I feel for your dissappointment in not being considered, what with the immense experience and popularity you've earned over your several weeks in-game.

i dont think anybody was aware they where hireing

Before I found EU (PE at that time) I allways did play games to have fun. I did buy a game and played it. Same when out having a beer with my friends, I could play the scraps or a card game just for fun. Buying games playing real life games allways did cost me some money. I decided how much I was prepared to pay for that entertainment. The first half year of my PE experience I didn't spend a dime, just sweated and learned how the game worked. Then when I did find it worth depositing I did. I've since then hace had a strict code of how much to depo, never expecting the depod money to turn in to new money. Like when playing cards in real life, it's a cost for some entertainment. Of course EU is a bit expensive if you are prepeared to loose. But it's allways up to you. If you depo $100/month and spend that money naked knifing Sabakumas or going out full geared hunting Hogglos, it's up to you. I would never depo money I wasn't willing to loose/pay for entertainment. I don't really see why people whine of theer so called "loses". Who did force them to put in that money in the first time?
I for sure doesn't play economic, I play the way I find fun, sometimes fun is crafting week after week or it's going out hunting drones, or teaming for bigger mobs, but allways it's for amusement, never for winning or earning money.

I'm talking about 100-1k ped per day.

Nobody in this game makes 1k ped a day constantly from mining/hunting/crafting. It's just not possible.

Realistical profit comes exactly from an average markup of 105-110% at a great turnover.

That's all, no secret. The only *secret* is to reasonably identify the necessary turnover for your specific activity to reach that point where you sense a full cycle was done, you can strip down the profit and grind it again from the beginning. But nobody can tell you that since it depends on what you hunt, mine, craft etc.

The main drawback is that you just need SO much time that is not rentable. There's really no point to screw your mind in EU 12 hours a day for a 1k$ a month when you can instead work IRL, make let's say 2-3k$ a month in a civilized country and from those spend relaxed say 2-300$ ingame. And from those, playing a bit with attention & stuff to expect to make some profit.

As for trading, the sums which I know (don't know if them still hold water) for the past year say in spring were ~1k$ a month for a casual trader (~4 hrs a day or so) and ~3k$ a month for a hardcore trader.

But directly from the game as in hunter/crafter/miner, no way, don't expect those sums.

At the other end of the spectrum, 100 ped a day is possible quite easy. Not ad literam 100 ped each day, but an average of 3k ped a month is doable. You need a serious budget (i.e. mining unamped for instance, considering state of the game in november, no idea for now, I'd say that with a budget of ~10-12k ped as starting and disciplined grinding, some 4-6 hours a day or so, it was doable).

Same for hunting, maybe a bit of more budget needed and some serious skills & gear to hunt mobs say scip/formidon/etc. and up.

But for instance, argounauts and m2a amped at a turnover of say 300 ped a day, you can't be seriously expecting more than fun & eventual break-even. Simply the soup diluates so much that you can't make a serious evaluation, stacking of resources, etc.

Last edited:
Profit in-game?
Trade.
100-1k PED a day?
Need atleast 10k trade budget and maybe you'll make 100-200PED per day given that atleast 75% of your trades are completed every 24 hours and you're actually making .
If you're going to work that hard though you'd be better off (and probably better paid) focusing on your real world wealth and prosperity.
Play for fun not profit, you'll find EU becomes a little less stressful then ;)

check MA financial reports ...
being an MA - is an answer

Its funny how people throw random numbers an elevate them to truth by assumption, id like to see some solid math behind the numbers.

If for example a hunter hunts with mod merc+a204 in PoE and have impfap, and hunts for 8 hours + 1 hour managing stuff, and earn an even 4-6% of turnover, then how much does he earn a day ? And what if each half a year he gets ATH with items ? Whats the math then ?

If for example a hunter hunts with mod merc+a204 in PoE and have impfap, and hunts for 8 hours + 1 hour managing stuff, and earn an even 4-6% of turnover, then how much does he earn a day ? And what if each half a year he gets ATH with items ? Whats the math then ?

each half year ath with items? :laugh:

Please, enlighten us, which is the math then? :rofl:

Its 2 parts, what can he earn consistantly at 4-6% and what can he get a day if he loots item like say, skippie does ?

as the thread starter said consitent and sustainable

so ATH are nice ofc but dont count since thats not guaranteed

MM+a204 cycles around 600 peds hourly
(i have heard that if not correct dont blame me)

so 4-6% will be 24-36 peds in 1 hours

not great since you have to invest several 10k $ for that

Last edited:

600 ped/hour is only possible in a very good spawn of mobs but where it that huge mob spawn with no taxes and high markups ?

and with todays bad returns you loose some % on tt even with maxed mod mercy and its not easy to recover theese with todays bad markups :rolleyes:

so 4-6% will be 24-36 peds in 8 hours

not great since you have to invest several 10k $ for that

Thats 24-36ped pr hour right ? In 8 hours day you would have 192-288ped a day ? So if you hunt mobs that drops markup items frequent one should be able to do a few hundred peds a day consistantly ?

As i see it, its a sliding scale, equipment, effort, time and offcourse luck, but asuming its not gambling, then it should be doable ?

An oldy but a goody.
K2's guide to making money in Project Entropia.

1. Buy and Outbacko and 1000 ammo (cost 1004 ped or 10.04 us)

2. go to the Snablesnot herds east of Fort Argus

3. Every time you kill a Snablesnot go outside in the real world and find an empty soda can.

4. You should be able to kill about 30 Snablesnots with the 1000 ammo and you should have about 7.50 ped from loot plus 30 soda cans. If you then return the 30 soda cans to the store the refund will be .05cents or 50pec x 30 cans for a total of 15ped. Plus the 7.50 in loot gives you a total of 22.50ped or a profit of about 12.50. This is the only way I figure you can consistently make money in PE. : )
Posted via Mobile Device

so 4-6% will be 24-36 peds in 8 hours

Thats 24-36ped pr hour right ? In 8 hours day you would have 192-288ped a day

lol man,
I already had big laugh about ur first post,
but here u showed good what a "winner mentality" does :laugh:

Back