Double Standard

Status
Why are you so mad ? ;f

Dont tell me you are so desperate to have a second avatar :D
I dont see any problem in this, im really not getting why do you care..
It can be yours gradma playing , like if you want. HF

why do you feel the need to stick your nose in other peoples business?

In case you were not aware: Akoz = Qetesh.

Sherlock Holmes would be very proud of you inspector. :rolleyes:
And he also probably couldn't care less about Akoz/Qetesh.
There are hundreds of legitimate Bank, Landarea, pilot avatars that only exist to make life easier and don't harm anyone.

It's becoming an issue when there are Jimmys beeing fapped by their "brothers".
Or Skals beeing fapped by their "sons".
Or when another socmate hunts and crafts high-end style at the same time.
Or certain Geri reseller/traders use multiple avatars to bid on their own items in the auction.
Or banned botters coming back with new avatars to exploit stuff again.
Etc. etc.

You are ok with the fact that there's two standards?
Then why your signature? (Originally Posted by Marco|FPC
And it still stands - all avatars' are equal.)

I dont see the double standard with multiple avatars.

I have never heard of anyone getting an avatar banned because it was a second account.

Therefore, if this is the case, there can be no double standard on this. As MA are not treating one person different to another due to the fact that one person has 1 avatar and another has 5.

My sig refers to other issues in which there are seemingly double standards.

Multiple accounts have been ongoing since this game was created, and will continue till they turn the servers off. Nothing they can do about it, hence they do nothing about it.

And the ubers got that way exploiting bugs and fapping in pools of lava. And scammers are`nt made to redeem themselves unless they victimize a well known avatar or make it public enough. And only well known avatars get high valued items tt`ed back for free. And on and on. What else is new? It`s just like the real world aside from when you die you get to revive.

well this happens when the game tries to copy reality . ;)
but no worries, just like in real life authorities will keep quiet . :laugh:
damn, this looks so real , it resembles so much to life in my country , and that is scarry . :eek:
maybe that's why i feel like home , ingame
i thought the game is run by swedes not romanians . :ahh:
and in my country same attitude , if it doesn't bites my ass , it's not my problem .

new news to me but then again i try to stay out of the drama pool.

as for why MA/FPC allows it i dont really care.

however, it is abnormal that 1 person has 2 EF accounts. last i heard the oldest one gets banned and you are left with the second one and put on a short leash for a few months. at least thats what happened to me, but im not rich, famous, uber, or anything special so i guess the rules apply to me more.

Its why u guys, should never trust anyone on this forum. Because of the fact that akoz have multiples avatars, and many others, the rce side of this game is an epik fail. It tuned since the start in a major scam.

Did u know that on this very forum, many dudes who have high rep today made dozen new account to farm + rep ?

No, no and no. I disagree.

This was discussed at length concerning the out-of-the-blue renaming of an avatar with a sleazy name: having the rule in there enables them to enforce it when needed. Sandbox - do whatever you want, we have guidelines - if you don't attract notice you can do whatever you wish. If caught and deemed against the terms of use, they can and will enforce...

Also: company avatar needed? Contact support, explain, get a yes or a no.

I think it's a very good thing that the game isn't policed in that manner.

I've had three cases of old avatars in this game, for various reasons. I chatted with Support every time and they gave me no trouble at all.

Couldn't have said it better myself! If they think they need too enforce it they will!

how would you know he is the soul user of both accounts? should a man and wife not be able to play on eachothers accounts

That is also "against" the guidelines...

What exactly is the double standard? Anyone got banned because of 2 avatars?

Neverdie had to stop using islandgirls old avatar, and yes, they said they'd ban him over this if he wouldn't stop using it.

/Edit:

That Quetesh appears to be an exception to the rule is probably due to the fact that, if you register it on your sister/mother/brother/hairdresser, it is technically not your avatar - and nobody can tell for sure who operates it, end of story.

And there are many, many many more "younger brother" avatars out there...

Last edited:
I remember that ND used to log Island Girl on regularly and then at some point was told by MindArk that he could no longer do so and he had to retire her.

Just over 3 years ago he had to quit logging her on and officially retired her.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/595369-post1.html

So the CND owner was forced to follow the rules.

There are several of the more uber avatars that can get away with breaking this rule, but not all them.

that you get a second avatar to use for your shop keepers??
NO... you don't. You do however have the ability to buy a shopkeeper for the shop, at a major price that's a lot higher then it is to make a second free account...

Why are you so mad ? ;f

Dont tell me you are so desperate to have a second avatar
I dont see any problem in this, im really not getting why do you care..
It can be yours gradma playing , like if you want. HF
The reasons to care are many... but foremost among the reasons is a question of fairness. One person with one avatar has a very distinct disadvantage to someone cheating with multiple avatars on something like the auction, landgrab, and a variety of other things.

The oppossite side of this is true too... There are some people that openly share one avatar between many people, which is just as unfair since it's a whole lot of brains powering that one avatar, some of which might have distinct unfair advantages - maybe on landgrab time the guy with most experience in pvp who sits at oil rig all day with his main avatar is taking over this duplicate guy. Other times, it might be the guy who has a phd in a business related field, etc.

This "double standard" also is apparent in little actions like the hanger rental incidents where MA is letting one avatar be owner and the other run the place. etc.

By the way, discussion about this topic, and other instances of duplicate avatars has been going on a loooong while
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-second-avatars-isnt-obvious.html#post1738435

Why MA|FPC allows it to keep going - Who knows? Maybe you can ask the community manger?

Biggest uses of second avatars seem to be for
- lowering travel costs (why not have one sitting in a bank planetside, and another on CND, actually owning CND...;)) Maybe have one in Twin, one at the Rig, and one on CND, or who knows what else... PROBLEM WILL GET WORSE AS MORE PLANETS OPEN UP!

- making yourself look important in a political way (have multiple avatars start a variety of societies all tied together as one mega society and that way you have a bit of a powerful hand over all of them politically, sort of... then even if you do stop using the dupes, or one gets banned, you still look important since MA won't erase the name in society terminal of who started the society)

- Funds - have one avatar hold all of a investment fund... and just cross fingers in hope that that big time money holder does not get banned or someone pulls all the money out from under you (RR Fund, Entropia Investment Fund, etc).

- FAP cheating - this one isn't as bad now since they changed the system a bit. It used to be that a duplicate could fap the other avatar all day long with autoclickers and reduce the need for armor

- spies - useful in landgrab

- Rent out hangers... Maybe the hanger owners don't complain too much about the dupes where ones on CND and one's on CP, one on Calypso, and one on the Rock because of this fact - they know that if they complain too much, it'll bite them in the butt since they exploited this type of thing with their hanger rental deals?... They don't mind loosing a few peds in would be travelers since the masses still use the rented hangers? Although, when hangers come back, that might change?

I'm sure there's other uses too.. Officially MA claims that it's against EULA and Policies to have more than one avatar, but unofficially, they don't seem to care, which is sad since the PED is tied to the dollar, and scammers using multiple avatars make this game look like more of the money laundering place then it really is to people that don't play this game much or to would be n00bs who would eventually deposit but don't because it all looks very scammy as soon as they start seeing the bigger picture of all the duplicates out there...

Last edited:
MA seems to tolerate 2nd avatars, which I suppose is ok, as long as you don't use 'em to autofap or seed funk at the auction :rolleyes: There are some legit reasons to want a 2nd ava. It's the multiple EF aliases that I'd be less comfortable with...but I suppose that too can have a sensible explanation (to separate personal and business-related pm-s etc).

PSSST....
Most of the old timers have at least 4 avas.

The Main one which takes care of their favorite profession.
A second for a different profession ( or two of the big 3)
A third for third primary profession if not doubled on second ava.
One or more that stands at CND for storage while there.
One or more that stands at CP for stroage there.
And some I know have yet another for when they dont want to be bothered or have devious things they wished to do.

So yeah the rules for early players or ones with big money invested are definately a seperate and convieniant set. All known about by our gracious hosts.

Pilots were allowed them also at one time

its nothing new at all and is not a double standard they are allowed for buisness reason if you contact support

The Main one which takes care of their favorite profession.
A second for a different profession ( or two of the big 3)
A third for third primary profession if not doubled on second ava.

This makes no sense.

Because attributes like Health and Agility are based on many different tasks, using a second avatar for any of the main professions is just stupid.

More likely they're used for manipulating prices and trading while doing other tasks.

Well thats quite abvous, but according to Daniel Steps, we should post ALL of them who use 2 or more accounts. (Is Akoz/Quetesh is somehow more special than others? )

Well... about special... I dunno if it's a fact, but I was told Quetesh bought all his LA's for just a few ped exploiting a "max number of bids" bug on auction at the time (127 or so), continuously overbidding himself till the max was reached and a temp ban followed...

I don't think kozie or qtesh will respond to this thread; but did anyone consider the fact that if the second acount is on his wives name and she's just doing what he asks that such thing is legimate and there is never any way to prove who's clicking the buttons on qtesh account...
:twocents:

Neverdie had to stop using islandgirls old avatar, and yes, they said they'd ban him over this if he wouldn't stop using it.

To add to this ... here is ND's thread where he stated that he was notified by MA about Island Girl's account. So ... this is where perhaps different rules may come in? :dunno:

Edit

Oops ... Johned beat me too it. ;)

Doesn't affect my game play so I don't really care about it. BTW, what proof do you have that they are both the same person? :scratch2:

Someone needs a hug.

I realize this thread is about Akoz, but ... since the point was made that ND was asked to not use the Island Girl avatar, perhaps it's valid to ask whether rules are different in certain situations, and also, whether certain rules have been lifted or conveniently overlooked.

Case in point ... during my recent exploration of RockTROPIA (middle of April) I ran into Island Girl. In the first pic, I saw her running across the center of the City of Dreams before coming full-stop under one of the signs. I joined PE just after her RL death in 2005, and know of her history and life with ND, so I was curious why the avatar was back in-game. In the second pic I am standing in front of her under the sign, and in the third pic, the chat screen shows the brief interaction. I didn't want to ask a bunch of intruding questions out of respect, so I just left it at a cordial hello.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Now ... no disrespect meant whatsoever, because I know that Island Girl meant a lot to ND, and there's any number of reasons why her avatar showed up on RockTROPIA, but I guess in keeping with the theme of some posting in this thread, I would say perhaps there might be validity in asking whether there are different rules for different people? :dunno:

Back to Akoz ... whatever the truth is, I don't think evidence has ever been presented definitively that both avatars are one in the same. Is it likely? ... there has been strong chatter in the community for a long time that it is, but we still have no proof. However, it doesn't mean that it doesn't raise question about standards and who has to abide by rules and who doesn't. :D

Last edited:
If someone contacts MA/FPC before making the second avatar and has what they would see as a legitimate reason for making it I see nothing wrong with that.

Not like MA/FPC would not monitor them to ensure they are not being used to manipulate the auction.

Only problem is that they may not care about the auction either since it only makes them more money if things cost too much.:rolleyes:

The hipocracy of some on this forum is astounding...I must bookmark it for future reference....:rolleyes:

So it's ok to have a second or third account if your rich...

bet if I made a second account tommorow and let the word get out i'd have a lynch mob on EF tommorrow screaming for me to be banned...

Last edited:
Just thought I would add ... it makes me no nevermind, because it doesn't affect me specifically one way or the other, and it's MA's business to sort out if anything needs sorting. People bring things to light I suppose out of a sense of fairness, but I can understand that. Only thing is ... why make rules or require someone to do something if you don't mean it.

Status
Back