Double Standard

Status
In case you were not aware: Akoz = Qetesh

Prove it.

Oh wait, you can't.

The reason MA 'tolerates' it is the same reason this thread is BS. If you or MA could prove that statement, then they could do something about it. Until then, it is just speculation - regardless of how compelling that speculation is.

As long as the account is registered to a different person, it is legit. And as for all of the concerns involving scamming, bid rigging, unfair trading and the rest - a real 'brother/sister' could do it just as easily as fake 'brother/sister'.

If you do have proof - take this up with MA. Otherwise you should mind your own business. MA should be concerned with cheating and fraud carried out by all avatars regardless of the person/people who control them.

:beerchug:

Miles

Actually you're wrong..
MA themselves proved their double standard by reversing a long time "no return of TT'd items" policy for just one avatar.
How many were told to frack off before bubu err I mean Squall fucked up?? lol

Actually you're wrong..
MA themselves proved their double standard by reversing a long time "no return of TT'd items" policy for just one avatar.
How many were told to frack off before bubu err I mean Squall fucked up?? lol​

OMG :D

Thats a different story! And everyone should be happy it ended like that.. Please dont forget we were not able to retrieve TTed items for some time, and when MA reintroduced it, people who TTed their items in past had time to request them back.. So really no double standard here​

OMG :D

Thats a different story! And everyone should be happy it ended like that.. Please dont forget we were not able to retrieve TTed items for some time, and when MA reintroduced it, people who TTed their items in past had time to request them back.. So really no double standard here

Wrong Nub.. That's a double standard..Did you see the (new) name of the thread nub?:rolleyes:
And you're making excuses for MA..again nub

LOL..dude get over it, I did...

MA has their 'faired haired children"..it's just that simple. They can do anything and everthing. The rest of us have to follow the 'rules'. Get an Uber Toy Back, no problem..if you are a FHCMA (Faired haired Child Of MA)...

Just get over it, it will not change..

Seoul..:yay::yay::yay:

In case you were not aware: Akoz = Qetesh.

So MindArk uses different rules for different people.
We are not allowed to have different avatars, but Akoz and co are.

This predates the bank manager avatars as far as i know, so i wondered why that was. I tried to ask him if it was true and why, but he doesn't know how to use the pm function on EF. He went into childish mode instead =D

Maybe whoever likes double standards should +rep, and whoever dislikes these double standards should -rep Akoz. Just my two pec :p

Actually you're wrong..
How many were told to frack off before bubu err I mean Squall fucked up?? lol​

I was reffering to this particular issue (double-triple ava etc) in what regards MA's presumed double standards.

On other issues, I am convinced the discussion can be enlarged sensibly.​

I was reffering to this particular issue (double-triple ava etc) in what regards MA's presumed double standards.

On other issues, I am convinced the discussion can be enlarged sensibly.
Ok,
Clearly many people have multiple ava's. While it's impossible for MA to prove it.. MA certainly has different standards for who they enforce the rules with.

Wrong Nub.. That's a double standard..Did you see the (new) name of the thread nub?:rolleyes:
And you're making excuses for MA..again nub

Can you make a point without throwing insults? And looking at your tracker records you're much bigger noob than him.

Can you make a point without throwing insults? And looking at your tracker records you're much bigger noob than him.

I was using the same language as he consistently does LOL
But I guess you missed my point:rolleyes:

Nice to see you're interested in my stats LOL

My sister just made a healer ava,and she`ll give her skills to me if she leaves the game ! :yay:

My sister just made a healer ava,and she`ll give her skills to me if she leaves the game ! :yay:

post pics of her to prove else we assume it's just an alt of yours!!!!! ;)

on topic: maybe.

Prove it.

As long as the account is registered to a different person, it is legit. And as for all of the concerns involving scamming, bid rigging, unfair trading and the rest - a real 'brother/sister' could do it just as easily as fake 'brother/sister'.

If you do have proof - take this up with MA. Otherwise you should mind your own business. MA should be concerned with cheating and fraud carried out by all avatars regardless of the person/people who control them.

:beerchug:

Miles

And we should be concerned that maybe MA is sleeping on its job and is not doing a sufficiently good job. We should also be concerned it does not allow the said double-avatar using person does not commit fraud by say establishing a perceived level of interest and price range via say sales of booths to himself. And it doesn't matter if the second avatar is his / his company's / his sister's. Its still the same fraud.

People minding their own business is the main reason there is quite that much street and spusal violence.

People with 2 avatars generally lose twice as much money as the rest of us.

People with lots of avatars lose lots more on average.

It's only if they use those avatars in conjunction (such as using one to auto-heal the other during hunting) that it becomes an issue.

I've never seen the point of having more than one avatar, but maybe it's just because I don't care enough.

I don't see why MA/people would care about autohealers. MA still gets the decay from healing just as if they were fapped by an actual 2nd person, actually they get more from a less efficient autohealer. The player has no advantage over another player that uses an actual 2nd person is "decay only" (common).

Maybe you just don't know how things work.

A player with 2 avatars can manipulate the auction by doing shill bidding.

A player can use a second avatar to buy up a certain resource to be resold by the primary avatar. This helps to keep the main avatar's reputation 'clean.'

A player can use a second avatar to scam players without worrying that their main (and more skilled avatar) will be locked.

Etc.

Maybe you haven't thought things through. Any two people can do all of the above whether they are two seperate people or one person with two avatars - except for the scamming, but if you are scammed does it really matter to you if it's a second avatar or not?

---

Also,

1. Akoz/Qetesh have never admitted that they have/are second avatars. As long as they are registered to two different, real people, there is nothing MA can do.

2. Neverdie publicly admitted to controlling the Island Girl avatar after she died. That's why he was forced to stop using it (at the time).

---

People really should stop worrying about it and just go about their own business.

I don't see why MA/people would care about autohealers. MA still gets the decay from healing just as if they were fapped by an actual 2nd person, actually they get more from a less efficient autohealer. The player has no advantage over another player that uses an actual 2nd person is "decay only" (common).

Wrong, everyone beeing fapped can cycle a lot more peds/hour. Especially on mobs that always hit. For professional hunters its mandatory to kill as many mobs as possible "WoF style".
That's why people without shady 2nd avatars pay for medical services.

As a sidenote: From further support cases I've read about "fapbots" (yes, that's the term beeing used my MA support) i can ensure you that they do care about 2nd fapper avatars.

double standard- yes

do i care - not in the slightest

if anything it only makes the universe more 'real' .How many celebrities have you seen get let of crimes that 'normal' people would be locked up for.

its a fact , some people are more important than others , both in game and in real life and yes its all about money.

There are many many people with multiple avatars. All created for many many reasons.

Yes, we all know that the MA says they should not. But no-one at MA can prove anything. As for Akoz and Qetesh, old news and probably done to protect assets etc.

What is your point?

Whats yours!?!?!

Maybe you haven't thought things through. Any two people can do all of the above whether they are two seperate people or one person with two avatars - except for the scamming, but if you are scammed does it really matter to you if it's a second avatar or not?

---

Also,

1. Akoz/Qetesh have never admitted that they have/are second avatars. As long as they are registered to two different, real people, there is nothing MA can do.

2. Neverdie publicly admitted to controlling the Island Girl avatar after she died. That's why he was forced to stop using it (at the time).

---

People really should stop worrying about it and just go about their own business.

Not worried one bit..just discussing the topic.
ND got a nice little email to stop using Island Girl, and apparently the account still hasn't been locked.. Most people would not get that kind of VIP treatment.
The same rules should apply to everyone.

as long avatar 1 doesn't sell to avatar 2 at ridiculous prices to influence the market price, there should not be a problem having a separate avatar for the lands. :eek:

PS :

I even asked MA myself if I could do that too, having 1 avatar for hunting and 1 managing the land ... but in the end I just kept all with my Atami account.

And for CP "consortium" this was allowed too btw.
No problem

Last edited:
Whats yours!?!?!

My point (and addressed further in a subsequent post) was that many people have second avatars. MA are powerless to stop it. Hence it continues.

It is part of this game.

You have something to add Weewilliewinkie?

And to clarify. I don't agree with second avatars, never have. But I don't see how MA can police against it.

Last edited:
The same rules should apply to everyone.

True, however you do not want every rule to be applied to every situation, regardless of details.

Let's give an example using the EF rules. If we mods enforced the rules as closely as some would ask us, this forum would become as non-free-speech as it's often accused of being. This very thread is technically in breach of forum rule 2.3, among others, so technically we should shut it down.

Insults/Flaming, Personal Disputes, Profanity, Excessive Complaining, Trolling, etc. If we enforced these rules single possible time, there would be no one left here.

Yes, we do enforce these rules when there are complaints, and/or when we feel the "invisible line" has been crossed. (And yes, I'm aware of every mod here having to moderate against their own friends, so no accusations of favoritism, please.)

Rules aren't meant to be strictly enforced 100% of the time, regardless of details. They are meant as tools to justify action against someone when those in charge feel they are out of line.

In the case of Akoz/Qetesh (if he is running both avas) Were he to use those avas to artificially inflate prices, or do some other scam with them then yes, he should be punished.

However, consider carefully. If he's in fact using dual avas, then I'm quite sure MA is aware of that. In which case, wouldn't he be a complete fool to risk any wrongdoing, knowing MA has the perfect excuse to to lock one or both accounts, should they feel the need?

Both avas hold a vast amount of wealth and items. Were he to run some scam to steal from someone, even if it's "technically" not stealing, (say, a trust scam) he's given MA a perfect excuse to lock him down.

Wrong, everyone beeing fapped can cycle a lot more peds/hour. Especially on mobs that always hit. For professional hunters its mandatory to kill as many mobs as possible "WoF style".
That's why people without shady 2nd avatars pay for medical services.

As a sidenote: From further support cases I've read about "fapbots" (yes, that's the term beeing used my MA support) i can ensure you that they do care about 2nd fapper avatars.

They can't cycle any more peds per hour than someone using a paid fapper. And if they use a second avatar with a sk-20, ur125, etc., they pay the same or more (overfapping) they would pay one of the many "decay plus markup" fappers. There is no difference. Except their second avatar gets the skills. MA gets paid the same or more. The only people that should possibly get upset about this are fappers looking for free skills. If some people spent as much time skilling and thinking about how they can improve their own avatars as they do worrying about what other people are doing, they'd be more skilled and less frustrated about something that doesn't really affect them.

True, however you do not want every rule to be applied to every situation, regardless of details.

Great point, but the reasons to or not to enforce rules will always be under close scrutiny.

They can't cycle any more peds per hour than someone using a paid fapper. blabla

Who said they can? Nothing wrong with using a hired medic for more killspeed.
What's your point?

And what's that nonsense about sk20's and ur175's when i spoke about professional hunters that gain extraordinaire advantages as in constant profit? Profit that is mainly based on their secondary fapping avatars...

A company is a legal entity sometimes known as a "corporate person" (IIRC) with most of the rights and obligations of a real person. There are some differences, obviously, such as jury duty, and the rules won't be the same in every country. The company is a separate entity even if there is only one member of it.

Given that, it might be possible to argue that a company has a right to an EU account of its own - in most cases, this would be for the purpose of holding assets (LAs and banks, for example).
which is exactly why we don't second avatars and shared avatars should be off limits... A company is a falsely created "invidivual" who can outlive any one particular individual... in other words companies using avatars can mean that the "corporate person" can outlive the other individual people that only have one person behind them... and also that that corporate person is utilizing the resources of multiple people to gain an unfair advantage vs those playing by the rules... Corporations already play too big of a role IRL. WE DON'T NEED CORPORATIONS IN GAME TOO! Sure, planet partners can and should be corporations, but individual avatars should not be... Just imagine what would happen if Disney world or Wal-Mart took over an avatar and bought out the entire market, and every shop that rolls out on the auction... it'd be a true virtual monopoly. We don't need that.

Status
Back