Community Adviser Program

Status
I think the individuals who have been chosen thus far are good people, and I think they will do a good job. I don't think anyone is being critical of this at all, but rather the fact that no announcement was made of this program being implemented, and that the "community" was not made a part of the process.

I guess the choice is based on those who have been the most visible within the universe regarding their assistance of newbies, although ... I am unfamiliar with the work of several of the people who have been chosen. I know them, but not their work within the community, and I think that may be the case for others as well.

You might see us working even less now since we have avatars in the Gateway helping others, I can see this as a point of flaming in the future so I just want to let everyone know we are there even if you can't see us :). And no communication from Gate to Calypso since we can't travel.:wise:

Well, not really bothered who's official or not really.

When i'm not hunting or doing my own thing with friends, I usualy pop over to PA and help, even knowing 3 or 4 others are standing on the platform, doing the same thing.

Either answering questions, or clearing the path for the mission in the sea, explaining how to track a mission, set radar so it points ahead etc ( damn these bloody razortooths though, put the spawn out further FPC), then flying them to the island.
Actualy found a stranded newbie there today, as she was told to head over to the island to complete the quest, by herself?? she was to afraid to go in the sea and die, thinking she would end up back where she started. God knows how she managed to get there lol, she certainly knew to avoid red dots on radar. Unless someone took her and left her there, she was Russian, so language barrier was a bit of a problem.
She had no idea pressing T would return her safe and sound to PA.
To me interaction with newbies is more fun than answering questions. (Yes, we want mentoring back)

It would be great if their was some kinda translator added in game or at least a posting of noobie friendly socs who chat in a certain language. Truly cannot tell you how many times I have tried to help someone who didn't speak much more then hello and thanks in English.

And no communication from Gate to Calypso since we can't travel.
Are the avatars up there in the gate using the same name as your main avatar, and are you allowed to tell the folks up at the gate who your "other" avatar is? If so, why? If not, why? If there are restrictions on that sort of stuff, what are they? I'm guessing there's no restrictions since telling who you are here in this forum sort of lets the cat out of the bag as to who the blue coats are, which any n00b could read if they choose to do so.

While it makes sense that things are done this way as the programmers didn't want to do it another way, it seems like it could be strange for communication issues and things, and I'll still stand by my stance that it's going to encourage others to have multiple avatars, especially if you folks have both your main avatar and blue coat online at the same time on different computers... that ability to be in two places at once, even though not really something that benefits you much up at the gate, is something others might possibly emulate in their own actions, etc. Also, it gives your society a bit of a "unfair" advantage in recruiting new folks since you can take them under your wing and lead them as what is basically a mentor before they have any chance to ever see a non-advisor avatar on the main part of Calypso

It all seems like it can be a weird sort of thing with a lot of weird little issues.

I do think it's a step in the right direction, but it's being done in a way that could be done better...

Are the avatars up there in the gate using the same name as your main avatar, and are you allowed to tell the folks up at the gate who your "other" avatar is? If so, why? If not, why?

The avatars up there are official FPC avatars, which means that since we have favourite nicknames, they are called Community Adviser Jot, for example. I am not sure if we would be allowed to say or not, but I think we are, because it can help some kinds of newbies. Since most don't even talk, or just ask questions, it isn't a problem. Is it an advantage to mentoring for example? No, since there is no mentoring. Is it an advantage to making friends or such social things? I try to act friendly but neutral like that. Since they are FPC, I wouldn't let other people add it to their friendslist, because that is not what they are for, they are for the gateway, not to keep around forever. Nobody has tried yet I think anyway.

As to other things like trading and stuff, these avatars can't leave the gateway, and they are not allowed to trade, or cash out or anything like that. There is no TT on the gateway, and personally, I am not going to do the 'oh, I lost all my ammo give me more' thing, if we would be asked, because that just invites abuse.

Would it allow others to make multiple accounts? I doubt it. It has been known that some people have been doing that anyway, even though it is against the rules. Playing two at once, is something people already have done, so it wouldn't stop them either.
And, we had to get special permission from MA and FPC for it, and only for the FPC avatars. That means, we can not play somebody else at the same time, and making another account to play at the same time is out of the question.
I'd say that since we are being monitored, we are allowed less than other avatars, and will get punished more heavily.

And as to societies/mentoring, personally, I do not mentor, I do not have a society (only sometimes a 'joke' society). I guide. I've always done that, on purpose, as many people who asked me to join their society know. Would som eothers tell them about their society? Probably, since it is a part of EU, so it can come up. I don't think they would demand or 'invite' people in their society, (there are no terminals, so can't do such things), but I know at least that if societies come up, that leaving them is discussed too.

So, will it give us an advantage? If you are unethical, yes. But I like to think that part of why we were chosen, is because we care, and wouldn't want to be seen like that, because it would be dishonest to the newbies, and the rest of the community. So the reality is, no, all it gives us, is a lot more work, trying to keep up with two places at once, typing twice as much, and so on, in the same time

Also, it gives your society a bit of a "unfair" advantage in recruiting new folks since you can take them under your wing and lead them as what is basically a mentor before they have any chance to ever see a non-advisor avatar on the main part of Calypso

I can understand your concern, but I think you may not appreciate the very basic nature of the interaction that actually happens in the gateway. The typical conversation between the Community Adviser and the new player consists of the Adviser telling the new player how to walk, equip a gun, or open the map. And that's just for the ones who stop to talk. Most will run right by you and go figure stuff out for themselves, only returning to ask questions if they get stuck on something. And then there are those who run from the Spawn point directly to the teleporter. There really isn't a whole lot of interaction otherwise.

When I am signed on as the Community Adviser Fishface ava, I am instructed that I am not allowed to play the game with that ava. We are not allowed to trade with the new players, sweat, farm evade on the puny mobs, etc. IMHO, this would include recruiting, as that is one aspect of playing. (The soc I am in is not actually recruiting, and to the contrary has turned away quite a fair few players. But that is neither here nor there.)

As far as encouraging players to make second avatars? I think that is rather a stretch. If someone is honest, seeing a Community Adviser Program, where the participants stand in one spot and answer questions all day will not suddenly turn them over to the dark side. And if someone is going to cheat, they are already cheating. All this will do is to provide some sort of twisted justification in their mind. Nobody in their right mind would look at this program and suddenly decide that this must mean that it is OK to make a second ava to provide more auction slots, manipulate the market by selling things back and forth on auction, or scam new players with.

Could the program be implemented better? I'm sure it could. But it wouldn't matter. People would still complain.

Just for the record:
I was not -in any way- criticizing the people who were chosen for the task.

If you think that, please read my posts again, with the assumption that I wasn't attacking any individual, nor the group as a whole.

I do think it's a step in the right direction, but it's being done in a way that could be done better...

And that way is ? Dont you think FPC already discussed this with MindArk ? This is a workaround and maybe MindArk will fix it for FPC in time. Dunno what your whole problem is with multiplae avatars. Yes we shouldnt encourage it. But did you even notice the fact that the "Community Adviser" part of the name. Our names are given to support so that they arefully aware of the situation. In fact the Community Adviser is a loan avatar from FPC as it will be viewed a official avatar (without any special power).

Now if you have a better way to solve this problem I suggest emailing MindArk , offering your program skills and make it so that we can get to Gateway with are regular avatars because chatting on two computer is a bit of trouble to say the least.

People would still complain.

I'd like to complain about that comment!! but i digress ;)

I personally like helping out new people and even not so new people but i like to do it on my terms and when i feel like doing it which is how lots of players in the game are, as most players i have met are helpful and friendly.

These people that are helping out at PA or Swamp or wherever they are are usually always helping people out, I dont know all of them but i recognise some names and some ive never heard of but im sure they do plenty of stuff or they wouldnt of been chosen.

Good on people for spending some of their own time to promote the game to our benefit and hopefully they do a great job and if there is a reward at the end of it for them great but most have been doing it for ages already with no reward other than the satisfaction of helping someone out.

I mean look at say Fishface, the guy is downright ugly, otherwise he'd be called clooney face or brad pitt face and he has overcome his disfigurement of a fishs face and made it to the ranks of adviser to new people, obviously id of chosen more handsome people but hey what do i know, but jesus he's gonna scare a few noobs off... i digress again.

Thanks for being helpful people and well done on being seen to be very helpful and on being given such an opportunity to show possible long term players the ropes as most of you have been doing for a long time already.

A few people helped me out when i started and im not sure i want to thank them or kill them to be honest :) as 3 years later and lots of bloody peds im still here grinding like an out of control coffee bean thing so a little help can go a long way.

goodluck all

Last edited:
I think the individuals who have been chosen thus far are good people, and I think they will do a good job. I don't think anyone is being critical of this at all, but rather the fact that no announcement was made of this program being implemented, and that the "community" was not made a part of the process.

Then we would of had 100's of people who dont normally help all showing how helpfull they suddenly became. I'm part of the community i guess and im happy to see people chosen for jobs because they were doing it anyway, better than a competition to see who the friendliest most helpful person is... for the duration of the contest.

Then we would of had 100's of people who dont normally help all showing how helpfull they suddenly became. I'm part of the community i guess and im happy to see people chosen for jobs because they were doing it anyway, better than a competition to see who the friendliest most helpful person is... for the duration of the contest.

I'm sure you're right Butch ... and this is a good program for the newbies indeed, I have no issue with that, but just like you said, there are plenty within our community who do spend a great deal of time helping others, and consistently. I was just thinking that it would have been nice for those individuals to at least have an opportunity to consider doing it in a more official manner. Again, the people chosen are good people, and I'm sure they will do a fine job. :)

Thanks guys for doing this but...

I really hope they dont give anything in return ( like armor sets last time ), it would be unfair to other hundreds people that do the same in game everyday but are not forum who**s :)

Or pay them and i hope everybody will stop helping, lets the paid people do it ;)

Thanks guys for doing this but...

I really hope they dont give anything in return ( like armor sets last time ), it would be unfair to other hundreds people that do the same in game everyday but are not forum who**s :)

Or pay them and i hope everybody will stop helping, lets the paid people do it ;)

I dunno people like yourself seem to be the only ones bothered if theres a gift at the end of it :) ive never heard anyone thats actually helping even mention it when ive had words with them they are just over the moon to of been asked to help in a more official way. Yes there are 100's of people who help out but ive been to swamp camp's, sweat camps whatever the hell there called these days, Neas, the Old the other Old and now the new Port Atlantis and its always the same names i see and they were the same names i saw 3 years ago when i was running past the fat pets wondering why mega was sweating in red n black armour all the time and who was this friendly fellow the exa spoke of :)

Look at Alice.. i dont know her or him (cant be to sure ) but they made an excellent guide i used it a lot as i started out and mentored a truck load of people and got a lot of shit gifts but she kept on doing it, it isnt all about gifts or freebies for some people, but it sure is nice to be recognised for the work you have put in as with any job, sport or past time.

great, now you made me a forum whore ya bastard :) by the way i dont see your name much when i visit the newb places, get off your arse :) all said in jest btw :) gl

There is really no advantage at all having those 2 avatars the gateway is a micro economy which must not be disturbed and even if you would want to disturb it it would be nearly impossible. We can trade with the newbies and we won't, I have know most of the advisers for quite a while and all are really courteous and have great values. I wouldn't see any of them taking advantage of anything.

We are FPC avatars in the gateway we are not recruiters for our society and our friendlist is basically the other avatars on mainland with whom we need to communicate.

And about the reward I don't know if there will be any I suppose we will at least get a Julbock or a bottle of sweat but it is something FPC decides to give as a gesture for all the time spent as Official Guides following their guidelines and playing by their rules, so I think it's quite fair. Once you are an official guide you have several responsibilities... even more so in this new program.

I know we will always be flamed by certain individuals called names etc etc but it's part of the job I really got used to.

Things you get used to when being a Guide/Adviser:
-Flaming from other players.
-Ignoring newbies.
-Changing your play time for work time.

Just wanted to say all that so you guys know how stuff is.

Not really....lot of new faces actually.

Is there any list somewhere with the new advisors?

I read that Stave is a new one... but the rest?

As for the original staffing of guides (the first generation): I've had this disussion before, but it summed out as, not all of the 18 or so people who were guides were hanging out at the NAZ. There were a few dedicated ones, like Alice and Jot, and maybe 2-3 more as far as I can remember. And, no, I weren't among those.

And about the reward I don't know if there will be any I suppose we will at least get a Julbock or a bottle of sweat but it is something FPC decides to give as a gesture for all the time spent as Official Guides following their guidelines and playing by their rules
The first generation guides got a plasma rifle worth about 3000 ped.

Second generation guides got a lightweight, green, version of Boar. Probably back then worth at least as much.

If you weren't elected into first or second generation, you got ... nothing. Practically, if you weren't in first group of guides, your chance of getting into the second group of guides was almost none.

Last edited:
Is there any list somewhere with the new advisors?

I read that Stave is a new one... but the rest?

As for the original staffing of guides (the first generation): I've had this disussion before, but it summed out as, not all of the 18 or so people who were guides were hanging out at the NAZ. There were a few dedicated ones, like Alice and Jot, and maybe 2-3 more as far as I can remember. And, no, I weren't among those.

The first generation guides got a plasma rifle worth about 3000 ped.

Second generation guides got a lightweight, green, version of Boar. Probably back then worth at least as much.

If you weren't elected into first or second generation, you got ... nothing. Practically, if you weren't in first group of guides, your chance of getting into the second group of guides was almost none.

Whatever FPC decides to award for hours of work on the program is their business and not ours... I've been getting this ever since the first guide program. If you wanted to apply to be a guide you could have pm'ed Frank, Hanne sent support case or even call Sweden.

I've called sweden several times for different things. Point is its a reward for a job done some did more hours like Jot (inhumane time) others can't because of family life and work but everyone scarificed for that.

Did you remembered 2nd guide program was chosen with the guides that collaborated the most?

Anyway I'm just trying to say we just work for FPC we stop playing and we work, we were chosen among others and FPC has their reasons but we personally can't elaborate.

I know we will keep receiving flames and flames from ppl in the forum but still we'll keep on trying to give the best of us to help the community.

I know we will keep receiving flames and flames from ppl in the forum but still we'll keep on trying to give the best of us to help the community.

That's kinda said if some of you are actually being flamed for doing nothing more then a job you were chosen by FPC to do. By reading this and many other threads similar to this, most people seem to have an issue with however MA / FPC has chosen Guides or whatever, nothing against the Guides themselves. If people are flaming the Guides out of jealously that is just plain silly and childish.

Best to luck to all of you Guides....:cheer:

Whatever FPC decides to award for hours of work on the program is their business and not ours... I've been getting this ever since the first guide program. If you wanted to apply to be a guide you could have pm'ed Frank, Hanne sent support case or even call Sweden.

I wrote a question in Hannes thread about how it would work, but I did not get any reply there. It was first today, when Jot (I think it was) said there was a new program up and running.

I've called sweden several times for different things.
I have never called MA. The "worst" I've done was uing the contact form on the MA website when "noone" was able to download the client (beside reporting it in support website). I don't know anyone at MA to call, the only phone number I know is the publicly known switch number ("we do not handle support questions over the phone"). Also, it's over 20 years since I explicitly called Sweden :laugh: (ie used the Swedish country code).

Did you remembered 2nd guide program was chosen with the guides that collaborated the most?

I only flame people who need flaming.

Just to say it expressly: I have never flamed the guides for helping, and I don't think anyone else does either. There is a big difference between appointment process, and the actions that are done to help fellow players.

appointment process, and the actions that are done to help fellow players.

Well can't say anything about it I can only tell you why I got elected in the first place, I can't talk about anyone else nor can I explain the specifics on how FPC handles this since im not an FPC Employee there in Sweden.

chatting on two computer is a bit of trouble to say the least.
the simple solution - only log in to your main or your advisor avatar, but not both at the same time... MA|FPC probably never intended you to be logged in to both at the same time. If that was the intent, they'd probably have had the programmers set you up with a split screen type of thing where half of the screen is in one place and half in the other.

It's that "being in two places at once" thing you are doing which is what might encourage others to create second avatars, etc., especially as long as the travel between planets has costs associated with it. The gate is basically a mini-planet.

I am glad that FPC created this program and would like to say congrats to the folks involved in it. I'm just saying, since FPC gave you the honor, don't disgrace the uniform.

Splitting yourself between two computers and two avatars does no respect to either avatar, or the avatars around those avatars in the community that you are supposed to be an advisor of. It keeps you from answering questions as fully as you could be, being aware of questions as much as you could be, etc. It keeps you from fully participating in society chat, etc. too...

One of the probelms that seems to be coming out in this thread is the second AV. By defining certain players as "dedicated players" and "part of the community" you outcast the other people playing the game. Lots of these hunters and crafters wouldnt mind helping people out but they cant because they spend 90% of there time making this game live from the depo side. Theres only one way to be "part of the community" and have enough time to actually play and we dont want to encourage that.

How ever the Av's were selected I feel fine with. If they left the decisions of whos picked up to Hanna, Emma or Simon, I have full confidence in their choices. Its not like the new arrival area is a new thing, they know who has been around the area for years and who has not. We all must also admit that theres a big difference between spending lets say 4 hours a week helping and 4 hours a day doing the same.

Heres were I agree with Jack :D even though on some lvl this is helping player retention, this is NOT fixing the fundamental problems of why people quite. I guess some do get frustrated with game control and quit...but theres other bigger problems. Why are puny mobs dropping 0 tt loot? I know some will say screw em they dont depo, but 0 tt crap isnt helping them make ends meat. Vehicles have just about put the last nail in the sweat coffin; things like these make ppl quit.

Please for the love of lootius spam buying an opalo, breer M1 or cb5 or what ever makes some sense in newb center, theres no reason under the rock that newbs are running around with with UL junk. If not make a mission were it teaches them how to check their stats on the riffles and why.... I believe I described it to a newb as, "with out 10/10 your pissing ammo in the wind." rhythms too :D

What im curious about is the mentor gift, this is something that Id like to see continue but I dont see how you guys are gonna work it in because with this community out reach program...someones gonna cry bloody murder :yup:

the simple solution - only log in to your main or your advisor avatar, but not both at the same time... MA|FPC probably never intended you to be logged in to both at the same time. If that was the intent, they'd probably have had the programmers set you up with a split screen type of thing where half of the screen is in one place and half in the other.

It's that "being in two places at once" thing you are doing which is what might encourage others to create second avatars, etc., especially as long as the travel between planets has costs associated with it. The gate is basically a mini-planet.

I am glad that FPC created this program and would like to say congrats to the folks involved in it. I'm just saying, since FPC gave you the honor, don't disgrace the uniform.

Splitting yourself between two computers and two avatars does no respect to either avatar, or the avatars around those avatars in the community that you are supposed to be an advisor of. It keeps you from answering questions as fully as you could be, being aware of questions as much as you could be, etc. It keeps you from fully participating in society chat, etc. too...

Just let the helping and dual-tasking to me . It goes just fine. I just advertise or hunt during slow hours with the main and the Gateway avatar helps newbie at the same time. Kinda like i always did with answering PM during hunts etc. All i saying is that nobodu encourage use of second avatars neither us nor FPC and yes FPC intended that we play two avatars. How we do it was up to use so dont you worry there. Most important is that FPC trust the group of advisers and we are bound to some rules setup by Mastah Hanne.

Really mastermesh stop worrying about all the "bad"stuff. We done this a long time and we know what works and what doesnt. All advisers approach a newbie in a different way. Some are bit more succesfull then other but we are improving ourselfs a lot.

It goes just fine. I just advertise or hunt during slow hours with the main and the Gateway avatar helps newbie at the same time. Kinda like i always did with answering PM during hunts etc. All i saying is that nobodu encourage use of second avatars neither us nor FPC and yes FPC intended that we play two avatars.
I do agree they probably wanted you to use 2, but I don't think both at same time. Hanne, I guess you can correct me on that if you want because I probably am wrong. ... but either way, you are bringing up the exact thing I'm talking about. You are spamming chat to sell stuff while also doing this other gig at the same time in the gate. Others that are not a part of the advisor program that are your selling competition are just sitting there spamming and doing nothing else but getting bored, so you instantly have a bit of an advantage since you have this whole other environment to chat in... so your not getting as bored as the guy standing next to you selling the same thing, etc. street selling never has been fun, but in a roundabout way, this is making it more "fun" for you since you are doing what you do normally...

I guess I've said enough in this thread and will just be like everyone else and hush up... I'm just saying, the way this is being done just seems to encourage dupe avatars... just like the second avatars in the bank do, which probably first came in to being because Neverdie himself probably got tired of paying for transport fees.... stuff like this treats certain avatars specially, which is completely the opposite of the message that FPC keeps spamming that all avatars are equal... because in roundabout ways, many might assume if this happens here, who says the loot pool isn't rigged to to pay out certain special avatars... yadda yadda yadda... which is completely bad for the community, and rce.

edit - you know I couldn't just hush, lol.. so here's some weird backwards quoting from a post that came after this one so I don't bump this thread more then I already have...
One of the perps we have is that we are NOT FPC but players that help FPC.

http://legal.entropiauniverse.com/legal/eula.xml

That's another thing that steams me about this whole shebang...
. You may not impersonate any person, including a MindArk’s employee, agent or affiliate or another Participant, or claim having association with MindArk if You do not really are/have one. You may not create any society in the Entropia Universe that would indicate such links.
the use of 2 avatars for this program is forcing the one avatar to impersonate the other... and it also makes it look like your real avatars are impersonating and FPC avatar... You guys are basically working for FPC but for free, and it's very kind of you to do that... and it's not you folks in this program that bother me at all... it's just the silly way MA|FPC threw this thing together and made it tied to making dupe avatars that bugs me. They should have just made it a special device that let you folks in this thing tp to the gate, perhaps in the special uniforms... and made them not be sellable.

You may not use the Entropia Universe to engage in any misleading or deceptive activity.
Having 2 avatars sure seems misleading on some levels... and confusing too.... especially to n00bs who might wonder why they are not allowed to make more then one avatar, especially when other mmorps like Diablo encourage that type of activity and actually make having multiple avatars a complex part of the fun of the game, allowing you to replay the thing over and over but having to use new strategies...

If anything, it puts me at a disadvantage, due to the fact that I now have less hours available on the planet with my normal
as things are now, that's no disadvantage since you can be in two places at once on different computers sitting next to one another on a home network.

I don't know, maybe my problem with all of this is that I did/do play D2 some when peds are low as it's free to play monthly and is really the origin of where RCE came from in the first place on a lot of levels. ... over there, second avatars are "mules" that are used solely to store more stuff then your main character can hold. Perhaps some of the problems over there is why I complain so much about dupes here... I see the spambots over there in almost every game and on the global chat in almost every session over and over... and it's something that can/will come here if this sort of stuff continues, the bank's 2 avatars continue, and the travel fees between planets continue... especially when SEE comes in to play and all those folks that are used to playing "normal" mmorpgs like d2 enter in to EU's virtual universe.... This sort of stuff is something MA and FPC should think about but don't seem to think about much based on the way they throw stuff like this program together unannounced and just hope everyone will see it as a good and cheery thing worthy of a nice pat on the back for... it's steps in right direction, but really not a substitute for the missing mentor system and other long lost systems that should be back already, but are not since they keep getting pushed back for what seems forever.

Another issue with all of this is that, just as this thread proves, causes there to be division in the community as some people appear to be getting treated special, etc. even if that's not what's really happening... past programs like this ended with those involved getting some special rewards, etc. That sort of stuff makes it so that those that want to help only are doing it for rewards, etc. ... more division in the community... instead of cohesion in the community... something "advisors" to the community should strive for... this sort of do good things and get a reward system that MA has come up with over the years is silly and actually somewhat harmful to the community in general in my personal opinion... It inflates egos. It creates division... them and us...

... another edit... (skeptic mode on...)
Most importantly though, it takes you folks in the program and "tempts" you with the dual avatar thing... It's making you get used to having more then one avatar... so when MA|FPC takes the program away and terminates it someday, you will have tasted of that most heinous crime in the virtual world and perhaps be tempted to follow the evil path of duality in the future... Looking at this skeptically, maybe that's their real reason for this -- to get some of the people that help the community the most to eventually be tempted by this sort of junk so that they will create a second avatar and get banned, punishment for helping out the community instead of blowing more peds like your non-advisor peers in the community... God I hope I'm wrong on that count, but with the dynamic universe based on the real c(r)ash economy, you never know.

It's almost a moral disgrace on some levels... metaphorically/philosopically and religiously speaking:

In the garden of Eden in this virtual universe (the Gate) where the souls of all new beings are created, the evil snake of duality is showing off it's shiny apple to the caretakers of this lovely place in hopes that they will partake of the sin and repeat the pattern over and over?....

Been reading about duality in religion and a lot of that has to do with the male and female aspects of being in the individual where one is wisdom and the other knowledge -- in some many ways that sort of thing has some aspects of reality in this program as there are two avatars in play with the individuals partaking of the program. One with worldly knowledge of the physical world in Calypso and the other giving wise instruction to the folks at the gate... This sort of stuff has a lot to do with this thing even though it doesn't seem like it on the surface... spiritual paths of ways of becoming enlightened, learning the ways of the world, etc.

So, Adams and Eves of the Gate, are you going to fall for the temptations put before you? You've been granted an honorable place as priests and preistesses of the great Gate. Are you moral enough to maintain this holy position without fault? Are you strong enough to not be tempted by the evil of duality once this little program termintates, if it ever does? Will your chaste actions be maintained forever, and will your children (those who take on the wisdom you give them) be able to maintain purity or be tempted by the duality in which you live?
(skeptic mode off)

Last edited:
I don't think both at same time. ... just like the second avatars in the bank do

We have special permission to use the FPC owned avatar, and also to use it at the same time, if we are able to.
The 2nd avatars of the banks are something that was in their contract, and known to the people buying the banks. And even though they are theirs, I think others who actually manage the banks use them, not the bank-owners.

edit: I should clarify that us using 2 avatars at the same time, is for guiding purposes only. As in, not hunting etc whatever while the other stands at the gateway doing nothing. Honestly, I never even thought of going of having fun in that way while guiding too, so it took me a while to think that others might think that is what it is for. Who knows, maybe it is allowed, but that's not how I play. Has to do with ethics and morals and professionality stuff.

Last edited:
What +5k MU value item(s) you gonna give them this time while they work so hard for free? (You know.... while the rest of the community spends hundreds of thousands of PEDs every year helping out new players, putting on Noobie events, buying sweat/items above MU, etc, etc, etc....... )

Bring back the mentor program so that people who deserve to be rewarded GET rewarded (or at least have a dynamic chance). How many people whom these guides help out at the Gateway will reach level 10 in ANYTHING once they hit the "real world"? Oh yeah.... I forgot.... you're too damn busy giving away fancy looking ghost armor with a helmet to a few people who spend 20 min with a noob, as opposed to bringing back the mentor system which allows dedicated, grinding, knowledgeable DEPOSITORS to properly teach newcomers the inner workings of this game so they dont' get R@PED within their first week! Oh yeah... it's not FPC's job... it's MA's job to bring back mentorship. What about the survey question asking what would make players deposit more? Ya know... having someone to PM who's NOT stuck back at the Gateway MIGHT be a damn start!

This guide program covers about 5% of the needed newcomer assistance IMO. No offence to the guides and their fancy Marbers and duct taped covered Ghost armor.... I know they try real hard.... but WTF? This isn't even CLOSE to enough if you's want people to join up and last more than a week/$10 deposit (whichever comes first).

Menace

Really mastermesh stop worrying about all the "bad"stuff. We done this a long time and we know what works and what doesnt.

Time to get off the high hog peaches. Your in-game and in-forum "Holier than Thou" attitude is a disgrace to the community. Mellow out and try humbling yourself for a while.

Oh, and by the way... the first new player that opens PM with me stating " The Community Adviser at the gateway told me I could earn free money by sweating or picking up poo... where do I go to get rich?" will initiate my first support case against the community adviser program.

Menace

Last edited:
before the downage for Vu10 I had a couple avatars i was mentoring, I spent many hours and even gave them a couple ped for achievements. I always dropped what i was doing to help them when needed. Before any of them graduated the system went down.

Furthermore I feel like FPC is making sure to only a select few special players to get a opportunity to do any good and be recognized. While mid level players like myself don't have a chance to get recognition while helping others. I just get the understanding its a who ya know who ya blow type of thing anymore.

Oh, and by the way... the first new player that opens PM with me stating " The Community Adviser at the gateway told me I could earn free money by sweating or picking up poo... where do I go to get rich?" will initiate my first support case against the community adviser program.

Menace

I just have a question? What the hell is wrong with you? Stepped on your own foot or something? It's not our fault that you spend thousands of dollars in Entropia whatever we spend as unique avatars is what we chose to loose.

You should recognize the work we do instead of threatening to write support tickets....come on what's the deal with you?

When I am guiding I'm only guiding hell maybe I take 5 mins to go to the auctioneer but that's all, or maybe perhaps I need to go to the bathroom IRL?

This thread I gotta say I was taking it lightly but comments like yours really make my blood boil. And btw I love my "duct taped ghost"

Answering the mentor part.... We are gonna be part of this program until the Mentor System is introduced by MA. So it will come just gotta hang on like with everything else.

Status
Back