Info: Looking for Co-owners of Medusa's Head

Qetesh

Alpha
Society
Freelancer
Qatesh
Hi

I and my investment group are looking for long term investors for the upcoming Medusa's head auction.
The plan is to keep all land areas after the purchase for long term profit.
kigjhg7iiw487gcs9mikiedfz4ouiat.jpeg

After having thoroughly investigated the best way to secure investments before last years auction we found that the use of in game collateral was by far the best option, and we will try this again this year.

All investments over 100k will be secured by either land area deeds, imk2s, mod mercs, etc until the auction is over. Assuming we win the auction, we will then trade back the collateral for the Medusa land area deeds where possible. These Medusa deeds will be kept by the investors for security, but the areas should not be claimed.

For smaller investments we can offer security in the form of collateral until the auction is over. Unfortunately we cannot have these items tied up indefinitely, so this will have to be given back after the auction ends.

Anyone interested please contact me or Squall here or ingame for more details.

Minimum investment size is 10k peds.

can you explain how i make money on the 10k do i get a % of the tax forever or how does that work

can you explain how i make money on the 10k do i get a % of the tax forever or how does that work

U simply own a share of Medusa relative to your investment.If price is 4 million, and u invest 10k then u are bound to get 0.25% of it, which mean u get 0.25% of total taxes if that make sense , for the rest u gotta ask Qetesh.
U will prolly be able to sell your share aswell should u want to get out of it in future too.at least i think its something that way, Qetesh will tell about it.

Hi mike.

Taxes will be paid out once a month. You will get a share of any profit generated last month decided by your investment size. If you for instance have invested 30k and the estate is sold for 3M you would get a 1% share of any profit and sales.
We might set a minimum limit where the amount is carried over to the next month if it is under a certain threshold. That should however only be necessary if there are many small investors, as opposed to a few big ones.

As for the length of the investment; Any major decision like selling off part of, or the entire estate will be voted on by the investors where the weight of each vote is linear to the amount invested. Unless all estates are sold off and the value distributed back to the investors the investment will be a permanent. You can however at any point sell your shares on to someone else. Should there be a lot of small investors we will make a website to keep track of shares and income, and to allow for easy trading.

When any estate is sold, like for instance some of the shops or apartments the peds will be paid immediately to the shareholders.

Last edited:
Intresting

I might invest, depending on what my finacess are looking like after x-mas, and what the bidding is at by that point. I will only beable to bring 20k peds to the table anyway, so don't hold your breath waiting for me. Unless I win the lotto tomorrow nite, lol

A couple of things:

the "fact" that FPC know & allow you to have a 2nd avatar ingame, which they very well know isn't allowed or tolerated by "anyone" regardless of investment size;

the fact that I hardly know nothing about you, only that at one time or another you purchased almost every single LA to then resell for profit, nothing bad 2 poke at;

the fact I know some of the ppl in Universe United, whom all seem pretty friendly/ helpful/ on my FL & ofc not hidding behind another avatar, don't see much of the Shaolin members either tbh.

For these reasons and maybe more I will be seeking my investment elsewhere Akoz, but good luck to you on the 13th :).

Last edited:
What about the shops, apartments and hangar? Will those be sold in near future after auction ends and % of sale given to shareholders?

Are there any plans to reinvest the profit into LA developments(LA bonus features, DNA etc)?

imagine it'll be a matter of time til we see a post like this from entropia fondue manager, lol.

good luck. free bump. Would probably think about it if my pedcard was a bit heavier.

What about the shops, apartments and hangar? Will those be sold in near future after auction ends and % of sale given to shareholders?

Are there any plans to reinvest the profit into LA developments(LA bonus features, DNA etc)?

This will have to be voted on, but my vote will be on selling off the majority of the shops and apartments in an orderly fashion after the auction ends to start getting taxes from shop income, and to get some quick return to the investors. I don't see any of the "LA bonus features" as being worth their cost as they are today, but this too is something that has to be voted on.

10k - 99 k peds is still a large amount of peds, without collateral it seems risky to invest. I get your point about not wanting to tie up items due to a lot of small investors but there should be some other solution for those that invest less than 100k.

Anyway, its indeed an interesting offer I wish the investors the best of luck!

A couple of things:

the "fact" that FPC know & allow you to have a 2nd avatar ingame, which they very well know isn't allowed or tolerated by "anyone" regardless of investment size;

the fact that I hardly know nothing about you, only that at one time or another you purchased almost every single LA to then resell for profit, nothing bad 2 poke at;

the fact I know some of the ppl in Universe United, whom all seem pretty friendly/ helpful/ on my FL & ofc not hidding behind another avatar, don't see much of the Shaolin members either tbh.

For these reasons and maybe more I will be seeking my investment elsewhere Akoz, but good luck to you on the 13th :).

If i know something, is that whatever Qetesh/Akoz does or did, it is someone fair and trustable, and like most people making their way to the "top" in eu, he is also a business man too but certainly not without ethics either whatever u can think and saw, and i think i can be trusted myself (i hope so!).
So if u dont wanna trust him as much as i do when it comes to getting in such an adventure as Medusa heads this year for exemple, I hope u can trust me enough for whatever is worth my "reputation" and what u see about me generally, in the end it's about trust for some part.

Discussion about second avatar should be taken somewhere else, maybe u should make a thread about it, there is a lot to talk about it should it be constructive enough starting from the beginning of eu.

And when i see yr talk about Universe United dont let me start about it too, since they are so pure in all ways and never got to know what a second avatar is, maybe we should take those talk in a thread u make too, i'd like to make some points aswell where it belongs to if the discussion is interesting enough about second avatars/ brother/ access to friends avatar etc, but as i see some way of thinking (especially what u just said) its all about hate not about being constructive about why things are the way they are as i see it so i wont be part of it most likely.

That said, u go where u want to go and i wish u find someone u will feel the best with, if there is no trust, its no point being here.

Bump for the team.

ps: for those that wonder, it's also not the first time we gather as a group but last year for cp it was mainly investors from 100k up to 500k each which in the end made us get to 3 Million more or less, in all ways for lower sums it does require trust the same that u would give to PS and if u trust him more than Qetesh/ akoz, at least maybe u will trust me enough instead, I can handle money without problems when it comes to not being able to provide collateral when there is too many little ammount to be handled.

Last edited:
so if i understand this properly.

Many ppl go together with a bunch of ped , once the sale is done every investor get a % equal to his part in the final sale price.

When the land then generates income , some of that income go back for fertilizer , advertising , dna etc , and the remaning profits are payed out to the investors, in a pvp trade?

When i give away 10k , can i get some kind of collateral , and when that collateral is given back after the sale , do i recieve anything that proves im the owner of x.xx % of medusa head?

those were my questions at this time

if anyone have made any good ROI calculations on this , please PM me with your figures.

cheers

ermik

Ok, One thing eludes me.

After it i purchased it will need to be kept runnin, promoted, events, land management.

What% if tax income will be used for this, what will the % of paid dividends be. Who will do the land management?

Intrested cyco :)

interesting subscribed

10k - 99 k peds is still a large amount of peds, without collateral it seems risky to invest. I get your point about not wanting to tie up items due to a lot of small investors but there should be some other solution for those that invest less than 100k.

Hi.

We are more than willing to explore options, and suggestions are more than welcome. The main two options we explored last year was to create a RL company, and to create a legally binding contract.

The problem with the first option is mostly that it will add considerably expenses which will reduce profitability. RL taxes will in most cases have to be paid, and there are also considerably costs associated with setting it up and getting all parties registered as shareholders. There will also be extra running costs.

The main problem with the second option is that it isn't really cost effective for anyone to enforce as the cost of a legal process to do so quickly would get into 6-digited ped amounts. Even if a case is won it would not guarantee that anything could be returned if the money was spent or lost elsewhere. There would also be costs associated with getting the contract done properly, especially if the amount of investors is big.

I am no expert in either of these fields, but this is the bottom line I have been told by most I have asked.

so if i understand this properly.

Many ppl go together with a bunch of ped , once the sale is done every investor get a % equal to his part in the final sale price.

When the land then generates income , some of that income go back for fertilizer , advertising , dna etc , and the remaning profits are payed out to the investors, in a pvp trade?

When i give away 10k , can i get some kind of collateral , and when that collateral is given back after the sale , do i recieve anything that proves im the owner of x.xx % of medusa head?

those were my questions at this time

if anyone have made any good ROI calculations on this , please PM me with your figures.

cheers

ermik

Hi ermik

Your assumptions are correct. All profit will be paid out monthly in PVP trades.

You will receive collateral that you can keep until we find out if we win the auction or not. There are currently no built in options in entropia for shared ownership, so any proof of ownership will be ad-hoc. One solution is to create a set of specialized event tickets that could represent shares - which could then be bought and sold ingame. If the amount of shareholders are many we will create a website to keep track and make trading easy.

Ok, One thing eludes me.

After it i purchased it will need to be kept runnin, promoted, events, land management.

What% if tax income will be used for this, what will the % of paid dividends be. Who will do the land management?

Intrested cyco :)

Hi Cyco

The % of income being used for advertisement and events is something that has to be decided by the investors at a later time, but from my experience as a land manager it usually doesn't make sense to spend more than maximum 25-30% of income on advertisement and events. Remember that there will be iron missions for the two mobs, so those areas will more or less advertise themselves :).

I will do the actual land management, but I will operate on the behalf of the investors. All major decisions will be made through voting, where the weight of each vote is proportional to the investted amount.

All profit from taxes and sales will be paid out in dividends at the end of each month.

Regards

Qetesh

I might invest, depending on what my finacess are looking like after x-mas, and what the bidding is at by that point. I will only beable to bring 20k peds to the table anyway, so don't hold your breath waiting for me. Unless I win the lotto tomorrow nite, lol

Wait until after Christmas .... and your boat will have sailed a loooong time ago...:scratch2:

Wait until after Christmas .... and your boat will have sailed a loooong time ago...:scratch2:
Doesnt the bid end 3 weeks after the deed goes on sale?

Last edited:
how are you going to give investors a proof about the total amount of tax collected?

how are you going to give investors a proof about the total amount of tax collected?

easy too, we just take screenshots, and post them on some kind of website or something that way, not just talk obviously.

I have been hoping for many years for a good system that can show reports of monthly tax incomes, but until that happens (if ever) I will be taking daily screenshots as squall suggests.

Will the mobs get the same treatment as the Caperons? :silly2:

The plan most likely is to have as less people involved as possible. ;)

have not gone there yet... Here's a question - how many tp jumps is it from PA and/or how many ripper snappers are in the water between PA and Medusa? This could have a major impact on revenue eventually... right now there are folks making the vehicle run free for various folks at PA, but eventually once the hype dies down will the n00bs keep coming?

The auction ends January 3rd.

For full details check the official website:
http://www.planetcalypso.com/planet-calypso/medusa/
Thank you :)

what happens in the event of your death?
:laugh: but valid point :wise:.

have not gone there yet... Here's a question - how many tp jumps is it from PA and/or how many ripper snappers are in the water between PA and Medusa? This could have a major impact on revenue eventually... right now there are folks making the vehicle run free for various folks at PA, but eventually once the hype dies down will the n00bs keep coming?
Yeah atm it is certainly not new hunter/miner friendly for them to go out and grab this LA. Without a) a mode of transport to get them there or b) someone to take them. I strongly suggest that FPC should add medusa bazaar tp as a default tp everyone has, like the former New Oxford tp on Amathera or the now TI City (which imo was a pretty stupid move). The densensity in the waters as well as the high maturity is ridiculous.

Yeah atm it is certainly not new hunter/miner friendly for them to go out and grab this LA. Without a) a mode of transport to get them there or b) someone to take them. I strongly suggest that FPC should add medusa bazaar tp as a default tp everyone has, like the former New Oxford tp on Amathera or the now TI City (which imo was a pretty stupid move). The densensity in the waters as well as the high maturity is ridiculous.
I would imagine that any investors would see it as a good idea to keep offering rides to people :D

But I agrea, the spawn density in the waters is extrem. Calypso now has it's own "Red sea" :laugh:

The plan most likely is to have as less people involved as possible. ;)

You might say that the bureaucracy will increase if there are too many chefs, but I think having many invested parties is a really good thing. The more we are with an interest in the future of Medusa's head - the more we will be promoting it.

what happens in the event of your death?

I will inform my next of kin to transfer any medusa related deeds held to the then currently biggest investor in such a case. Most deeds will already be held by other avatars than me as part of the collateral arrangement even though they stay claimed in my name. Should meteorites hit both me and everyone with knowledge about my account at the same time these shareholders can claim these estates and choose a new manager. The remaining deeds would potentially be lost, but should hopefully not be worth much more than my share of the investment.

It shouldn't be hard to set up some regular travel to and from medusa, but this we'll have to get back to. For most people this will be a one time thing. Once you have the TP you can easily get back.

Last edited:
Back