WoF 2011: Your Two Cents

Stage 3 went for 3 rounds on the same MOBs, I'd like WOF to get to the top 12 with less rounds.

Traditionally, WoF was structured as such:

QUALIFIERS (top 24 advance)(1 QUAL hunt in 2007, all others 2 QUAL hunts)
STAGE HUNT (24 teams in 6 groups, 4 teams to a group; each team vs each team on same mob list; top 2 in each group advance)
STAGE HUNT (12 teams in 3 groups, 4 teams to a group; each team vs each team on same mob list; top 2 in each group advance)
SEMIFINALS (pairing of surviving teams; 1 hunt on 1 mob list; winners advance)
FINALS (all 3 surviving teams hunt at once on 1 mob list)

I was not trying to be condecending, but someone unfamilier with WoF may be reading ;)

The reason for the 3 hunts in the STAGE HUNTs is to allow for a poor showing from a team without crippling the chances. The series allows teams to make up for lost ground, and allows for teams to relax a little if they blew away the competition in the first 2 hunts. That is pretty much the same reason the QUAL hunts wents from 1 hunt to 2 hunts. A great team will be consistent, while a good team may have a great score occasionally. WoF tends to favor the great team, as most sporting tournaments do.

Again, your suggestion is not discarded - just showing our point of view.

Anyone else care to comment on this aspect of WoF? We are all ears....

Totally agree, a good way to let eveyone participate at his own level.

As said earlier, I'm also for letting the WOF only on Calypso, it has been a Calypso's event, should stay that way. Personally, if support has to hunt mobs on Next Island or ROCKtropia, I already konw I won't pay 80 ped several times just to travel to an other planet, and I'm almost sure that i'm not the only one in this case.

For the first time, the travelling will be optional. There are no plans to have any travelling feature in other Stages, only the Semi-Final.

How it'll work is like this:

Say for example that the Semi-Final Support Moblist has Nexnecis for 4 points. It will also have, say, Infected Wolf for 4 points, as well as Pirate Skeleton. The two point mob might be Merp as well as Android Video Vixen. The Main moblist might have Warlocks for 10 points, but also Dasps, Kreltin, Morrison Dragons and Storm Drakes. These are all just off the top of my head; they will be as evenly-matched as possible on the day.
(I would welcome anyone's thoughts on which mobs are similar to others in other worlds/locations, in terms of difficulty to hunt, maturities, and availability; the more opinions the better)

So the points can be earned either on Calypso, or if the team thinks the other locations can provide more points, they can fly off to wherever for the duration of the match.
The only proviso other than that is that there will be no mixing of the options; once a location is decided, the team must use it for the whole match. So if you stay on the planet, no jetting off to cash in on a run of globals elsewhere, or vice-versa. No doubt the owners of the various hunting grounds will be doing what they can to entice you to hunt there (I have heard talk of separate prizes) but the decision will not be one to take lightly.

Hurrikane

As some other people already stated..

Please clarify Country VS Country rule.. If this is not changed so the REAL WOF is back. Czech Republic is not going to participate.. And i hope many other small countries also...

I hope for fast clarification about this matter soon... Else have fun and good luck to all pseudo countries with this pseudo wof...

As some other people already stated..

Please clarify Country VS Country rule.. If this is not changed so the REAL WOF is back. Czech Republic is not going to participate.. And i hope many other small countries also...

I hope for fast clarification about this matter soon... Else have fun and good luck to all pseudo countries with this pseudo wof...

Will clarify this soon. I don't think everyone's going to be happy, but that seems impossible. Gotta go with what's best for the majority and the event itself.

Hurrikane

Make WoF what it was supposed to be - country vs country. Alliance = Disqualify! You hear that, you french/german/austrian/japanese/canadian/whatever allied suckers?

I am at your side. I asked for that too. The decesion was to allow such teams. So do the same as I do: accept it!

Some people suggested for mobs not in taxable LA.
But i think It may be allowed if they sponsor WOF. Same should be with the planets.....CND or CP....

If a planet partner (or cnd/cp) not willing to sponsor WOF then WOF shouldn't include mobs from those sites

The only proviso other than that is that there will be no mixing of the options; once a location is decided, the team must use it for the whole match. ............... No doubt the owners of the various hunting grounds will be doing what they can to entice you to hunt there (I have heard talk of separate prizes) but the decision will not be one to take lightly.

Hurrikane

This is a very good idea. It would give incentive to both LA owners and players :) :wtg:

I am at your side. I asked for that too. The decesion was to allow such teams. So do the same as I do: accept it!

Why? Why we cant allow mix teams on one side, but dissallow custom team names on other side?

Both parties will be happy and it will be WOF

Check signup forums and enjoy your WOF with 4 teams...

+1 for the big daikiba to the LA65 for the density in this land :)

and its a good mob for the support ^^

Perhaps it is possible to ask other Planet Partners (CP/FOMA) if they are interested to sponsor also, so will be bigger prices. If it is 1 big mob it can be organised that only the main team travel to the other planet.

About Calypso to use Iron moobs for the support should be great to motivate support teams, Daiki would be great as i have 1 000 to kill lol

Perhaps it is possible to ask other Planet Partners (CP/FOMA) if they are interested to sponsor also, so will be bigger prices. If it is 1 big mob it can be organised that only the main team travel to the other planet.

About Calypso to use Iron moobs for the support should be great to motivate support teams, Daiki would be great as i have 1 000 to kill lol

I'd be happy to hear of any mobs that people want to hunt in Support OR Main, and I'll fit them into the Moblists as best I can. We aim to please as well as infuriate and exhaust.

Hurrikane

...so, that's Daiks, Argos....?

I'd be happy to hear of any mobs that people want to hunt in Support OR Main, and I'll fit them into the Moblists as best I can. We aim to please as well as infuriate and exhaust.

How about a predominantly sea based round?

Im for the Nation vs Nation but i also understand that many will not participate then. And that is a shame imo.
I think CP and CND would be the only spots to trawel to, atleast this year.

I like to have Prots,Lewithan,Hogglo,Frescouda,Dasp,Aurli,Kreltin,Osseouleum(spelling ;p ),Daikiba,Exosaur,Bercleys,Cournadcouda,Molisk and i sure i can find out some more but this start getting rediculus lol ;p

As said before here some mob that may suit all so ewen the new players can feel they do some good.

But i sure u in the team that manage the WoF allready thought on this ;)
Keep up the good work and Good Luck to u all :)

Makes sense to me as well if FPC sponsors jackets, it is a FPC based event, not other planets unless they throw something into the pot. I'm very much for less (no) travel as well....all the way to and including the final. I know harder to come up with unique mobs each round, but I'd rather see repeats in the mobs than have to pay travel expenses on top of all other costs involved.

Just my 2 pec worth...

Split mob maturities between main and support. Spider guardian+ are quite difficult, while up to provider are relatively easier.

How about main team take the upper level maturity of a mob whilst support take lower maturity?

Spiders, dasp, and hoggs would fit here, probably sumima and SEG too, for splitting between teams.

I've been in teams with scipulor, neco, aurli, and kreltin, and a team of moderately skilled mid-levels can take the stalker equivalent of these mobs.

Some mobs truly have difficult prowler/stalker/+ types, while others, mostly in name only.

Jamira said:
Dear Hanne,

it's me again, regarding WoF. Please keep out your disappointment about me lately. This time I want to talk about WoF again as a participant and judge.

Did you notice USA's decesision not to take part in WoF this year? Did you notice that so many folks didn't sign in or quit after signing in before? DACH is in a group with Amethera and Scotia. Amethera's thread goes well so far but did you check Scotland's thread? Radio annuonced to fight allone if it happens. And he IS alone so far. England's thread doesn't look very good. Our fair mate Marcus Lucius quitted DACH's main team for nearly the same reasons USA quitted WoF for.

Again: I assume MA/SDS should care very hard for this event, because it has the ability to generate massive revenue. But atm more and more players/teams seem to vanish. Some of them told us their reasons, some are soo pissed off the current situation that they don't give a statement but simply stay away.

I'm not sure if you trust in me or accept that I'm speaking about serious issues. Believe me, I'm not complaining. I try to save WoF's arse! I would like it sooo much if USA don't take part, Russia don't take part ... DACH has at least three serious combatants: Australia, Benelux, probably England. We would win. But that's not what I want. Without our beloved/hated "number one enemy" USA it isn't the same! It becomes lame.

Hurrikane already cancelled the qualifiers. Beside his connection problems there was no need to do qualifiers. 18 teams only. Do you see my point? I loved WoF from the very first day. And I would like to continue with it. But atm it seems to lose it's sexappeal.

~7 weeks to go until the so called "Miniqualifier" will happen. (last chance for a "Team USA" and others to get into the event.)

What do you think? Isn't it time to set a serious sign within the next two or three weeks? We as players/remaining event participants/judges are willing to run the 5th WoF and make it a successful and enjoyable event again (although it'll be kinda Paralympics meanwhile). Now MA/SDS do your homework! I'm sure, you Hanne, can understand this.

Jamira

That was a PM from 2nd of March. Since I got no response so far I feel free to bring it to public.

That was a PM from 2nd of March. Since I got no response so far I feel free to bring it to public.

Such a shame :yup:

I guess this is the great community interaction and support SDS was talking about in their q&a?

What I joke ...

Sad that our community manager isn't responding to the community..

Maybe you should send a PM to Pioneer instead, seems that he actually cares about what WE would like.

i seem to have missed whatever soap opera surroundes last years final. apparently some people got upset, though its unclear why other than some expectation from MA/FPC was not fullfilled. however, from your posted PM to Hanne, i'm really not sure what you are asking for. "What do you think? Isn't it time to set a serious sign within the next two or three weeks?" you say. well what sign?

Wof was created by a player for the players. MA brought in winners jackets which is a fantastic recognition. they then brought in other stuff, more involvement, which seems only to have lead to conflict. well, let just get back to the original purpose: firepower. alot of fucking shooting. if they give us a jacket to say we done it, then great. otherwise, so what.

i seem to have missed whatever soap opera surroundes last years final. apparently some people got upset, though its unclear why other than some expectation from MA/FPC was not fullfilled. however, from your posted PM to Hanne, i'm really not sure what you are asking for. "What do you think? Isn't it time to set a serious sign within the next two or three weeks?" you say. well what sign?

Wof was created by a player for the players. MA brought in winners jackets which is a fantastic recognition. they then brought in other stuff, more involvement, which seems only to have lead to conflict. well, let just get back to the original purpose: firepower. alot of fucking shooting. if they give us a jacket to say we done it, then great. otherwise, so what.

Well, it seems you missed a lot lately. To name just one fact: we don't need qualifiers anymore because we got 17 teams only this year + a Miniqualifier team = 18. You may check this thread to understand what I was talking about:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?204452-WoF-2011-Team-USA-(OohRah!)

I love WoF ... but atm there is a bad mood around Calypso. Many players stay away from depositing and participating. My question was to set a sign regarding this:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?203108-Community-Events-and-Prizes

Or this:

I think it's hard ennough to motivate anybody to participate in the WoF this year, so I would not mind having an extended recruiting period if we go to stage 3 anyway. We can lock the amount of teams if that's the problem pull them at random...

I don't have a good feeling about the WoF anyway... it's clearly lost it's appeal to most to just waste bullets for glory and honour...

I was captain of Team Germany in 2007 (first WoF) and judge over all the years. I simply expect more engagement from the game supplier.

Sad that our community manager isn't responding to the community..

Maybe you should send a PM to Pioneer instead, seems that he actually cares about what WE would like.

No! Hanne is the community manager.

Concur:lolup:

I am telling you the same thing for already more then a year.

First.. WOF will die with the stupid rules Hurrikane do not want to change.

So you have 18 teams but half of this are 1-4 man teams.

Why should MA/FPC sponsor random hunting event with few people participating?

There is no spirit in WOF, making it nothing special over other events.
And this is only because of ignorance/blindness of Hurrikane.

There were more people shooting for Naomis win 300k ped LA event.

You can play your woow WOF is here as much as you want. But it is not going to have the same feeling. I am telling you.

I am telling you the same thing for already more then a year.

First.. WOF will die with the stupid rules Hurrikane do not want to change.

So you have 18 teams but half of this are 1-4 man teams.

Why should MA/FPC sponsor random hunting event with few people participating?

Your reference to the "'rules' Hurrikane does not want to change" is not entirely responsible for lower WOF activity.

The MA/FPC sponsor question/issue relates more, from what I can tell, with the lack of activity. Essentially, WOF participants hunt to MA/FPC's benefit, and where previously there were prizes for the top three finishers, last year, those prizes diminished to 1/6 (no items for 3 teams and no jackets for 2/3 teams = 5/6 without) of previous years, with no reason given. People are asking and not receiving any feedback. That appears more the reason for lower activity.

You are trying to use the results from one incident to support your case for Hurrikane to change the rules. They aren't directly related. I believe the team name deal came up so quick and so fast, should Hurrikane have known the outcome, things may not be the same today regarding team names. That said, what happened previously can't be undone, and if Hurrikane completely reverses a previous decision, people can call estoppel (essentially meaning, it was allowed before so why not now?). Team name rules are here to stay, with minor updates to Hurrikane's liking. It's not going to drastically change.

If you don't like the team name change within WOF, it's your right to not participate. It's not fair to the many other participants for you to continually push for something that is very unlikely to change. Hurrikane has already updated this year's rules to accommodate teams best he can.

The MA/FPC sponsor question/issue relates more, from what I can tell, with the lack of activity. Essentially, WOF participants hunt to MA/FPC's benefit, and where previously there were prizes for the top three finishers, last year, those prizes diminished to 1/6 (no items for 3 teams and no jackets for 2/3 teams = 5/6 without) of previous years, with no reason given. People are asking and not receiving any feedback. That appears more the reason for lower activity.

You are trying to use the results from one incident to support your case for Hurrikane to change the rules.

thats rich, you seem to be using the result of one incident to support your objections. i dont even know what the prizes were last year or the years before, because it doesnt matter. as i recall a fund from sponsers and some limit weapons and certificates for the final 3 and kackets for the winner? not really a big draw to compete, certainly not compared to the glory of winning and the fun of competing. ditch the prizes altogether if it causes grief. just the jackets will do.

Back