Community Events and Prizes...

Casay

Stalker
Society
Damage Inc.
Casay Casay Onyx
This thread has been a long time coming from me...

PLEASE NOTE I'M NOT WRITING THIS ON MY BEHALF!!!!

Anyone involved with WOF knows how disgusted I was that it took so long for FPC to give the prizes in the first place. It was 3 months for those that don't know. Also for those not informed, WOF is an event that goes on for over 6 months. People from all over the world hunt their hearts out for 3 hours about every other weekend for the pride of their country. This event makes a lot of money for MA and FPC. As much or probably more than any other single event. :wise:

Recently their was the Miss Calypso contest. Another great ongoing event, including wonderful deserved prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. After seeing yet another prize discrepancy between this event and WOF I had to write this thread.

Over the years as WOF has progressed, so has the prizes. Initially I think it was just the jackets. For the 2009 WOF event:

1st place received jackets, a 1st place 2009 wall certificate and an L gun.
2nd place received a 2nd place 2009 wall certificate and and lesser value L gun.
3rd place I believe received a 3rd place 2009 wall certificate and least value L gun.

This year... first place received jackets (3 months late). That's it. Nothing at all for 2nd and 3rd place.

As a member of the winning 2010 USA team I received a jacket from FPC. I was traded that jacket by Hanne. At the same time Della and Wildman were doing their radio show during the prize ceremony. As previous participants in WOF they figured there was going to be something handed out to 2nd and 3rd place and announced that on the radio. I messaged Della really quick and told her I didn't think they were going to get anything. I still had a pm chat window open with Hanne due to the trade and I asked her about 2nd and 3rd place. She thanked me for reminding her, then did a short gratz in open chat to them. That was it.

Now, I don't know about the weapons last year and where they came from but the jackets and certificates certainly came from MA. (FPC)

I am asking Hanne, Marco or? for a complete public and full explanation about WOF.

Why did it take so long for the prizes at all when FPC knew months in advance when the prize ceremony would be?
Why were the prizes less this year?
Why didn't 2nd and 3rd place get anything at all?
How is this going to be done next year and will the prizes be announced in advance?
Shouldn't the prizes for events be announced in advance?
How many teams get prizes?

I've been upset about this since the prize ceremony, no not for me, I got my jacket although I thought I'd get a certificate but for the 2nd and 3rd place teams. They worked very hard and deserved SOMETHING for their efforts!!!

WOF 2011 will be coming up soon. I'd personally like an answer to my questions before I decide to commit to a 6 month event again. I'm positive that there are many other dedicated WOF participants wanting to know the answers too.

Please do not move this thread to the WOF section. I posted it here so the community as a whole could join in the discussion about events, prizes and how things should / could / might be done.

Thanks,
Casay

Last edited:
Oh man! I missed this thread.

We had a discussion in the past about this issue ... right in the beginning during WoF 2007. The initial motto was to fight for honour and glory. No prizes. I think MA/FPC want to go back slowly to this level.

Sorry for the sarcasm, Hanne. But it is the only way to stay in this game without becomming a desperate fool.

This thread has been a long time coming from me...

PLEASE NOTE I'M NOT WRITING THIS ON MY BEHALF!!!!

Anyone involved with WOF knows how disgusted I was that it took so long for FPC to give the prizes in the first place. It was 3 months for those that don't know. Also for those not informed, WOF is an event that goes on for over 6 months. People from all over the world hunt their hearts out for 3 hours about every other weekend for the pride of their country. This event makes a lot of money for MA and FPC. As much or probably more than any other single event. :wise:

Recently their was the Miss Calypso contest. Another great ongoing event, including wonderful deserved prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. After seeing yet another prize discrepancy between this event and WOF I had to write this thread.

Over the years as WOF has progressed, so has the prizes. Initially I think it was just the jackets. For the 2009 WOF event:

2nd place received a 2nd place 2009 wall certificate and and lesser value L gun.
3rd place I believe received a 3rd place 2009 wall certificate and least value L gun.

This year... first place received jackets (3 months late). That's it. Nothing at all for 2nd and 3rd place.

As a member of the winning 2010 USA team I received a jacket from FPC. I was traded that jacket by Hanne. At the same time Della and Wildman were doing their radio show during the prize ceremony. As previous participants in WOF they figured there was going to be something handed out to 2nd and 3rd place and announced that on the radio. I messaged Della really quick and told her I didn't think they were going to get anything. I still had a pm chat window open with Hanne due to the trade and I asked her about 2nd and 3rd place. She thanked me for reminding her, then did a short gratz in open chat to them. That was it.

Now, I don't know about the weapons last year and where they came from but the jackets and certificates certainly came from MA. (FPC)

I am asking Hanne, Marco or? for a complete public and full explanation about WOF.

Why did it take so long for the prizes at all when FPC knew months in advance when the prize ceremony would be?
Why were the prizes less this year?
Why didn't 2nd and 3rd place get anything at all?
How is this going to be done next year and will the prizes be announced in advance?
Shouldn't the prizes for events be announced in advance?
How many teams get prizes?

I've been upset about this since the prize ceremony, no not for me, I got my jacket although I thought I'd get a certificate but for the 2nd and 3rd place teams. They worked very hard and deserved SOMETHING for their efforts!!!

WOF 2011 will be coming up soon. I'd personally like an answer to my questions before I decide to commit to a 6 month event again. I'm positive that there are many other dedicated WOF participants wanting to know the answers too.

Please do not move this thread to the WOF section. I posted it here so the community as a whole could join in the discussion about events, prizes and how things should / could / might be done.

Thanks,
Casay

Excellent points Casay!

Next to the LG and MM, WoF is probably the single largest yearly Income generator for FPC... It deserves some respect.

I had a great time helping team USA win last year, but I feel really weird that 99% of people who put in time, effort, and expense ended up with NOTHING to show for it all.

I'm positive that there are many other dedicated WOF participants wanting to know the answers too.

There are dont worry ;)

Considering the amount of Peds that gets cycled during WOF it would be nice if there would be more "creativity" concerning the prices and not 3 months after :scratch2:

these are big marketing mistakes:mad:

Marketing, in game and out of game advertising, community building..... and more.... I'll never get it. Still no replies although Hurrikane in the 2011 Wof thread said he didn't know about this and is looking into it. I don't know if anything will come of it. I think the # of ppl and teams signing up for 2011 event just goes to show the overall damage FPC did with their handling of it all. :(

It's sad they don't make this right and have ignored this thread all this time too. I don't think I'm out of line asking these questions. They are for not answering.

I think MA/FPC need to learn how to keep/make their clients happy and satisfied by learning the basic of aspects of customer relations/satisfactions.

It really doesn't cost much ... and if not done right the damage is enormous

Nobody is going to invest in this game if they are not happy and comfortable in their interaction with MA/FPC....wondering whether the Medusa Head bidding was a reflection of a lack of confidance on MA/FPC

I always thought that WOF was something organised by players only and had nothing to do with MA/FPC :ahh: guess I was right

I think MA/FPC need to learn how to keep/make their clients happy and satisfied by learning the basic of aspects of customer relations/satisfactions.

It really doesn't cost much ... and if not done right the damage is enormous

Nobody is going to invest in this game if they are not happy and comfortable in their interaction with MA/FPC....wondering whether the Medusa Head bidding was a reflection of a lack of confidance on MA/FPC

Very true but scary words

I always thought that WOF was something organised by players only and had nothing to do with MA/FPC :ahh: guess I was right

ahha now I see were u been coming from boss:D

How to really upset a worker.
Dont give them a raise when they deserve it.
Worse give them a raise then when a schedule raise arises deducted the previous raise from that.

not the best example but a close analogy

It is better not to give something at all than give and then take it away at a later date.

I wonder were all this is headed. Is pissing off an established playbase a smart decision. I just wonder what the final business model for this company is all about? From my experience the bigger they are the harder they fall. Too scary for words but what the heck it's only money.

Lets see what happens in WoF it will be another indicator of what direction the 'game' is taking

WOF may not be hosted by MA or FPC but they would get more participation in WOF if there were prizes, advertised in advance, delivered on time, and for the top 3 teams instead of just 1st. Why should FPC do this? Easy, more participation means more money.

I only joined EU last year so I came into WOF late and wasn't much help with my low skills but what I saw were people who depo'd more than normal and hunted more than normal because of WOF. They were there to represent their country in the biggest hunting event of the year. Personally, I don't think I'll be participating in WOF '11 and apparently I'm not the only one thinking this way.

I really hope we see some improvements from the way things were handled in '10. Maybe we will, and maybe I'll join WOF '12.

Just to clarify.. at least how I understand WOF. It's a player run event, SPONSORED by MA/FPC, various land owners and others in the community. Yes, FPC is an official sponsor of WOF. See my initial post for their contribution in 2009. FPC also creates WOF mobs for various weekends as did MA. Why? I can only suspect because they noticed just how much decay / peds were generated during this event. They certainly benefited the most. I know I put in more peds for this event over the years than any other including Champs League that I used to compete in.

12 Jackets for a 6 month long event and nothing at all for the other finalists is unacceptable. Pretty simple really.

Bumping this due to interest in other threads....

Thanks Hanne for being such a great community manager by 'communicating' with the community.. :rolleyes:

Link to Hurrikanes post in reply to one I'd made about prizes for 2011 and his response of not knowing about what happened in 2010.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-and-Info***&p=2641077&viewfull=1#post2641077

We still have NO response or official word from FPC/ SEE or whomever they are are now. Doesn't appear that they've really said much.

Link to Hurrikanes post about if they've contacted him about 2011:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...SA-(OohRah!)&p=2689848&viewfull=1#post2689848

Also posting here what Hurrikane wrote above for those to lazy to click ;)

"I have 'looked into it'.

Several e-mails and pm's sent to various people in FPC over the last few months.

I've had no indication they've dropped the WoF or will continue to provide jackets and/or prizes. I'm just assuming they will keep their word for now. Can't do a lot else. So I've decided to run it anyway, for the original reasons; the fun, the glory, the title. If FPC get in touch with me with their plans for this WoF and the future of the WoF then you guys will be the first to know about it.

Meanwhile, I have a tournament to run. Hope to see some of you there.

Hurrikane"

My wonderment is - 'will continue to provide jackets and prizes" ?????? They sure didn't for 2010!!! Hurri didn't realize the prizes weren't handed out. So, seems like FPC at the time of that post had NOT gotten in touch with him about this WOF. Maybe, just maybe... they will now when they see what's going on and how many participants are dis-heartened by the whole thing. Well, that won't be their reason... maybe just maybe they'll realize how much peds won't be generated for them now.................

Last edited:
Back