Information from MindArk Balancing Team

its simple.

On rare occasions, items and opportunities can be found letting participants with lower skills to also try out other aspects of the universe not usually available to them. These items should not be considered to be common in any way, nor competing with regular items.

this is the weapon. my knee jerk reaction was it was terrible signal, but in the context of a the uber rocket launcher and anti-material rifle some mentioned along with the apparent few drops, it does seem not too bad after all. its still rather extreme, particularly the low level, and i think it tells us a story about what "eco" means to MA - nothing. this is the good

In the last couple of days, a few rare incidents occurred within an unusually short period of time in conjunction with a release. These incidents have been analyzed in accordance to our routines.

this is refering to the scanners. they were released with in a short period, but this is ok with in the backdrop of the loot balance mechanics. maybe on the basis that there has been enough new players to justify their new numbers. however, this also indicates the loot mechanisms are broken, imo. the system shouldnt allow items released to the loot pool to flood in this manner, it means they have no control. if they allow angel, shadow, DOA, ML35, to drop, does this mean it will just spew out? we'd all like to see this sort of stuf drop, but a few a week/month, not several dozen in an hour. this is the bad and the ugly, depending on how much you read into it.

the statement suggests a lack of empathy to the player community's concerns, more or less saying its just bad luck if it effects you negativly, and they dont intend to change anything. for me, it indicates a broken and uncoordinated system.

Last edited:
What he said... :lolup:

My guess is, the content that was given to them by NDS was not properly checked before release, because I don't believe for one minute that MA would intentionally code this event ...

You just don't get it. NDS does NOT program drops into RT or NI. NDS designs their own items and MindArk implements them. EVERY SINGLE SCRAP OF LOOT in game has been put there by no one other than MindArk themselves. Maybe planet partners can request that current items be dropped (ie: ES500, Fap-90, etc.) but they have no control over it. My guess is that when programming, a number of these items were added by MindArk with intentions of them dropping over the next several months. Problem was.... they all dropped at once for some reason.

Geez.... get your pitchfork out of NEVERDIE's ass already!

Menace

You just don't get it. NDS does NOT program drops into RT or NI. NDS designs their own items and MindArk implements them. EVERY SINGLE SCRAP OF LOOT in game has been put there by no one other than MindArk themselves. Maybe planet partners can request that current items be dropped (ie: ES500, Fap-90, etc.) but they have no control over it. My guess is that when programming, a number of these items were added by MindArk with intentions of them dropping over the next several months. Problem was.... they all dropped at once for some reason.

Menace

When you can be more constructive and less rude I'll respond to you.

Menace

I hope you have secret info about Planet Partners and what they can and cant do hidden behind that overly abusive facade, else all you said is just as much complete and utter ball-locks as people who have been slating ND and accusing him and MA of tampering with the loot. However, in the case of US vs ND there is indeed some fact that supports our own argument, yours however is unfounded, unbacked and unneccesary, so id advise you to not say anything without the info to back it up

so calypso which has i would guess at least 10k+ active users are allowed maybe 10 es500 or 20 es400 for the last 5 years but rocktopia which has maybe 100+ active users are to have access to 100+ es500 & es400???

should i start crafting oa105 on rocktopia and hope to loot 10+ dante bp and 3+ evil bp??? will i guess if those bps do drop on rocktopia it'll just piss off two people...

I hope you have secret info about Planet Partners and what they can and cant do hidden behind that overly abusive facade, else all you said is just as much complete and utter ball-locks as people who have been slating ND and accusing him and MA of tampering with the loot. However, in the case of US vs ND there is indeed some fact that supports our own argument, yours however is unfounded, unbacked and unneccesary, so id advise you to not say anything without the info to back it up

Umm... Menace might have been overly defencive about ND and stuff before, and might still be, but he is right here. You can read this both on MA web site, it has been said by FPC personell here and you can go to the Arkadia forum and see them confirm the thing there too - planet partners do not set loot. MA does loot and balancing.

...Maybe planet partners can request that current items be dropped (ie: ES500, Fap-90, etc.) but they have no control over it.

requesting it is some control.

also consider, if they all dropped at the same time by design, the system is flawed. if they all dropped at the same time by accident, the system is flawed.

Just for the record (for those who are more constructive in their posts) ... I never said that any PP sets loot drops ... I know this. What I said (in so many words) ... is that PPs create their content, which includes any new item designs that they want to introduce, like Arkadia is sharing with us regarding their weapon creations, and (supposedly) PPs test content for any new release prior to sending off to MindArk. I realize that at this time, it is MA who initializes specific code for loot drops that include what, where, what mob, and how frequent (at least this is my understanding), and also that PPs are involved in stats, but that MA checks those as well so that everything is balanced across planets (which is also my understanding), so ...

Somehow, the ES500 got into the mix, and NDS is implicated because of posts done by DAManager (Digital Abduction and ROCKtropia-endorsed according to his website) who told us that he will be doing a press release to explain everything, so NDS can't be excluded entirely from this incident. Also, it was DAManager who looted quite a few of the ES500's first and started selling them ... if I recall correctly, he even stated in a post that he felt he was the first to loot one. It's obvious to me based on all of this that he and ND/NDS had some information surrounding this incident ... especially if DAMgr states that he's going to explain it all to us ... you draw your own conclusions.

This past week has been a mess and a half, and this community isn't very happy about it. It just so happens that the mess is occurring on RT, and given the credible variables that have surfaced, I would say we have a lot to talk about.

If it was just a matter of a "usual" bug that we get annoyed with, that's one thing, but it isn't, is it.

Whatever MA has faild.:handjob:

And as you see MA no nice answers from your players, so what do you to have say about that.....

Sorry you doing anyway what you want no matter what the player says.

Quite simply put MindArk, you could have saved yourself time by not typing out that long statement. You could have just posted this:

trollface.jpg

Sums everything up pretty well I think.

@Arokh:
Sorry to disagree: to me it sounds more like: this shouldn't have happened. To be discussed, if the no-actions followed is good or bad, but I feel like they will take actions to avoid issues like this... unfortunately this will take time.

So this is how modern space pirates get their pockets filled.

I think this just was a test and lucky us the item had no serious DPS or nice heal rate. And it was also made to satisfy some PR guys like this DAMNManager or something.

Calypso unite and declare war on Rocktropia, easy like this. Dont tp to the Rock, dont buy their scanners and BAMFs and other crap, this is probably the easiest solution. Put their Damnmanagers on the shitlist and shot them on sight.

You wanna play Pirates? You can have that!

How much of the tp fee to Rocktopia goes to MA - does it all go to Hanger owners??

Maybe MA needed some money more - I for one have gone to Rocktopia as have a shit load of people. May of been intentional to fill up there coffers

I guess i'm one of the few that was hoping to see new and better items come out on new planets. The scanner is a bad example, if they wanted a comparable scanner it should have been a completeley new item and drops should be much more rare and spread out over time. As for the mod mercs and faps and all that, yes comparable or better rare items should drop on new planets, the game shouldn't be stagnant to protect the" investments" of early players.

Calypso unite and declare war on Rocktropia, easy like this. Dont tp to the Rock, dont buy their scanners and BAMFs and other crap, this is probably the easiest solution. Put their Damnmanagers on the shitlist and shot them on sight.

You wanna play Pirates? You can have that!

Oh yes indeed.

When you can be more constructive and less rude I'll respond to you.

Telling you to get your pitchfork out of NEVERDIE's ass is "rude"? It's the truth and has been the truth for MONTHS now!

First off... MindArk has said MANY times over that they and ONLY they control the loot drops. (Hence the reason why MINDARK has the balancing team and not planet partners).
Secondly.... you said it... "US vs ND". You've got a personal vendetta towards him.

And if you want the info to "back up" my statements.... you just get ahold of MindArk..... oh wait.... they don't have time for IDIOTS!

And stay the fuck outta my rep box until you grow up.

P.S. I believe NEVERDIE should re-skin the "Forum Troll" mobs on RT to look like MindStar9's avatar! THERE! I said it!

Menace

Last edited:
Also, it was DAManager who looted quite a few of the ES500's first and started selling them ... if I recall correctly, he even stated in a post that he felt he was the first to loot one. It's obvious to me based on all of this that he and ND/NDS had some information surrounding this incident ... especially if DAMgr states that he's going to explain it all to us ... you draw your own conclusions.

Actually smartass.... DAManager was simply hunting the mobs that were newly introduced on his/her land area. Lil' miss reporter has GOT to do some research before yippin an yappin I think!

Fuck you're starting to annoy me!
Menace

MA's response didn't surprised me. I knew before that don't have guts to admit mistake.

Telling you to get your pitchfork out of NEVERDIE's ass is "rude"? It's the truth and has been the truth for MONTHS now!

First off... MindArk has said MANY times over that they and ONLY they control the loot drops. (Hence the reason why MINDARK has the balancing team and not planet partners).
Secondly.... you said it... "US vs ND". You've got a person vendetta towards him.

And if you want the info to "back up" my statements.... you just get ahold of MindArk..... oh wait.... they don't have time for IDIOTS!

And stay the fuck outta my rep box until you grow up.

P.S. I believe NEVERDIE should re-skin the "Forum Troll" mobs on RT to look like MindStar9's avatar! THERE! I said it!

Menace
superfacepalm.gif

you are such a TOOL!

superfacepalm.gif

you are such a TOOL!

Hey... someone's gotta call it like it is.... might as well be me cuz quite frankly... I don't really care all that much about the outside world.
the_beatings_will_continue_until_morale_improves.jpg

Good Luck!
Menace

MA's response didn't surprised me. I knew before that don't have guts to admit mistake.

superfacepalm.gif

you are such a TOOL!

Maybe because it wasn't a mistake.
You know what allowed humans to evolve from apes? Our ability to adapt to a changing world. Apparently some people playing have not figured that out yet. Adapt or get left behind. This game is one part eco simulator one part rapid evolve simulator. If you are going to specialize in the past then that is where you will be left. This game was designed for people who can adapt. Thats not unlike real life. You want to go back to basics? Neanderthal could not adapt and is extinct. The homo line could adapt, and is today known as homo sapien, or in other words, us.
So are you a neanderthal, left to die when things change, or are you of the homo gene and can adapt to change?

I highly suggest backing off the personal insults.

Maybe because it wasn't a mistake.
You know what allowed humans to evolve from apes? Our ability to adapt to a changing world. Apparently some people playing have not figured that out yet. Adapt or get left behind. This game is one part eco simulator one part rapid evolve simulator. If you are going to specialize in the past then that is where you will be left. This game was designed for people who can adapt. Thats not unlike real life. You want to go back to basics? Neanderthal could not adapt and is extinct. The homo line could adapt, and is today known as homo sapien, or in other words, us.
So are you a neanderthal, left to die when things change, or are you of the homo gene and can adapt to change?

Recently I see more and more of new players acting like they know everything... :laugh:

Please don't lecture me about necessity to adapt as you started playing almost yesterday.

And FYI Neanderthal was Homo also....

Recently I see more and more of new players acting like they know everything... :laugh:

Please don't lecture me about necessity to adapt as you started playing almost yesterday.

And FYI Neanderthal was Homo also....

I only joined the forum "yesterday". I tried to play with out depoing for a year. Then I deposited for the first time in Nov. 09. Got my first global in Feb. 10. Got my 4th and highest(by far) uber this month as well. Next time check Entropia tracker before calling someone a newbie.
I didn't need an account on EF because pointless whines and stupidity where deleted quickly there.
Take good advice when you get it. Am I happy with everything that has happened since I started? No. Am I going to bitch about every little detail? No. Adapt and move on or go extinct.

EDIT: Neanderthal shared the link with Habilis correct but evolved to deal with only a very specific set of variables. Once the world changed those variants that kept the adaption trait of Habilis survived. The other side branches died off.
Hence why Neanderthal is no longer under the Homo gene.

Last edited:
So we are to believe that this " golden opportunity" was meant to be held inside a 3-4h timeframe ? I dont think so. I know BS when its presented to me. Someone screwed up again and " MA ITAR-TASS" comes with a statement.

Your analogy with evolution is flawed. Evolution is a species gradually adapting to lasting changing circumstances, not to sudden unexpected short-term freak occurrences.

Hence previous post where I said this game is one part a rapid evolution simulator. Also being able to adapt to a quickly changing world is a good trait to have.
Take the global recession as an example. A lot of people didn't know how to adapt and lost there jobs and homes because they where stuck in the land of what used to be. If you can't pick yourself up and shake the dust off then you will remain in the dirt.

Back