PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Guardian
    Windswept Winds Tundra
    Society
    SoF Soldiers Of Fortune
    Images
    Ok i will move it to the services section.

As far as the giving back, i have done free classes. So you are saying that when someone offers something for free they are giving back to the community what they have learned and when they have to charge for it they are not giving anything back to the community they are indeed taking something from the community or they are merely sellig something.

So a person that say hangs out at a dentists office learning the trade invents the toothbrush at home and uses it for years to brush his teeth and finds that life is better for him and wants to share his creation with the world. If he charges for the cost to make that tooth brush then he really isnt giving his invention to the world he is simply selling it to them and therefore takes on a more dubious selfish nature. Free good vs pay bad.

Guardian
    Windswept Winds Tundra
    Society
    SoF Soldiers Of Fortune
    Images
    We can discuss this in another thread at some point. I would like to keep this post on track if possible related to my lessons. What i could possibly do for you is help you to up that % return maybe even target higher MU ores with regularity. The key to it all is minimizing waste and knowing when not to mine. If you are at a point where you feel your returns are acceptable and getting better over time then you may already be on a good path and i may not have anything else to offer. I had my times when things were very bad and i almost quit. Then i tried something a little different and expanded on it until i got to where i am now.

Its not break the bank success but it is withdraw from the game good and thats what i like and others would like as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedMetalVai View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    can't really call it "giving back" if you're charging for your services. jus' sayin'
    yeah... having $1500 a month from a group of students has nothing to do with "giving back to community"
    it's a quite expensive private education

which is totally OK, just the wrong choice of words here..

Alpha
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Queen Sky Genesis
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    You can't really compare your service with the toothbrush. It's more like that in that movie with Al Pacino, can't remember the title. The one with the betting tip hotlines for sportgames. You're not selling a physical product, you're selling information.

So the real question is, how much could this information be worth? I personally don't think mining classes could increase your return, or provide you with information that isn't available on this forum. What remains is the knowledge of past finds. But the dynamics of the game reduce the value of that information imo.

Not saying mining classes are useless, a noob could learn alot in a short time. But when you're asking 500ped a month you're overcharging imo. Think a % of the globals/hofs sounds more fair. But that's just my thoughts, if you already have customers all the better for you.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Society
    Soldiers of Fortune
    Images
    GL winds!
    hope everything works out
    Last edited by Strash; 03-02-2011 at 04:02.

I want to believe
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Alexis Sky Greenstar
    Society
    Freelancer
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Windswept View Post
    I dont think you understood what i said in the first post.

Please dont come here to poke holes in this effort or me. But you are doing it. Honestly Ratt you are trying to diminish what i am doing with a sense of logic that is not needed. I make 10-15k a month in profit alone just dropping bombs. No fancy systems, no mathmatical gimmickery, Just years of experience. Can i teach this to others? yes! Someone with more liquid cash, more hours in the day could probably double or triple those returns but i do this as a hobby and withdraw ped to have fun with my wife and kids. Its a nice supplemental income.

Again im sure its racking your brain trying to figure out how i am doing it. I dont need a brute force approach, i dont need models or OCR programs. Just some good timing and common sense and experience.

No group rates... i posted what its about. You can try doing the same thing as well Ratt noone is stopping you.
    It is not my intention to belittle anyone, it's just that you would need skills, liquid peds and patience in order for something like this to work.

Yes what is stopping me is my mindset, I have been looking for so long for patterns and finding them, but as quickly as they appear they vanish. I also know that depth is playing a major part in it. I do jump the gun and recognize perceived patterns as soon as I see them. It's time to slow down and think about what I am doing and trying to achieve.

Do I wish to invest huge amounts of raw cash like i did at the beta of this game ?, HELL NO. The depth changes ruined the little numberspiral that I had worked out.

There are risks to anything like this, including the cost involved to make it work. I am asking others to keep an open mind, that's all. If something like this takes off and it works, go for it !!

9:53 Sorry for the edit of this post, I think there is a way to do this kind of scan, sorry all please excuse me once again for placing my foot in my mouth, but I think best under pressure. I will not post anything more in this thread on the subject of "scanning" an area for resources.
    Last edited by R4tt3xx; 03-02-2011 at 09:57.
    We pay for each other's good fortune, Mindark just supplies the platform and siphons off of us to keep the lights on.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Nirfu Nirfu Merlin
    Society
    Rapture of Rebellion
    Images
    But this isn't something new and different, u done it before.

http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...Mining-Classes

(and with a good result )

Guardian
    Windswept Winds Tundra
    Society
    SoF Soldiers Of Fortune
    Images
    Yes that was at a basic level Nirfu. I enjoy those classes but what came from all those classes was PMs from users asking for more advance lessons. Honestly you cant do Advanced lessons to a group so i figured i would take some time off from mining and train interested folks in a specific method of mining i have found works for me. For those that can do well with it we can work on some way of turning it into a form of business or at the very least a nice way of getting to know other miners.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Nirfu Nirfu Merlin
    Society
    Rapture of Rebellion
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Windswept View Post
    Yes that was at a basic level Nirfu. I enjoy those classes but what came from all those classes was PMs from users asking for more advance lessons. Honestly you cant do Advanced lessons to a group so i figured i would take some time off from mining and train interested folks in a specific method of mining i have found works for me. For those that can do well with it we can work on some way of turning it into a form of business or at the very least a nice way of getting to know other miners.
    I think your concept is a good one and I might use your service in the future. 500 PED isn't that much money.

Guardian
    Windswept Winds Tundra
    Society
    SoF Soldiers Of Fortune
    Images
    I wanted to let everyone know that i have 18 people ready to begin classes and 2 society member spots taken. I will be sending out the welcome email today with the info i am going to need to put together for each persons lesson plan and date to begin. I have 10 open spots that remain and 3 society spots left. If the society spots are not filled by end of the weekend i will open them up to public. I have 4 semi interested parties but no commitments yet.

If you are on the fence about this now is the time to get in on it i will be closing enrollment on Sunday night and whom i have will be the first batch of students. Not to say that more cant be added later but will have to wait maybe 2-3 weeks so i can focus on whom i have.

MY PCF Inbox is filling up to fast.. Email me at windswept1111@gmail.com if interested
    Last edited by Windswept; 03-03-2011 at 21:37.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast