Do you think the loot mechanics is fair to depositers

• Total voters

RJ-Rob

Old Alpha
Society
Dirty Dingo's
RJ Rob James
Hi,

After seeing another tower by a new player earlier on, it has started to get me thinking more about if people think the loot mechanics and loot distribution in this game is fair for depositing players.....

I know of course it has to cater for all players, but i feel they could treak it to make it favour depositing players more.....

as for example, i still can not get a tower in mining over 4kpeds yet, and yet new players and other players get them time and time again, this isnt the only reason i am making this thread, but to ask how you feel, and if you think the system is fair to depositers......

Please stay on topic, this is just a general discussion about the mechanics and to see the results of the POLL results...

Thanks

RJ Rob

It would be more worrying if HOF's are a reward for depositing players after spending XXX ped imo

You do realize that there are maybe 100 "noobs" dropping bombs against maybe 10 "experienced" players ? So it's not that strange afterall.

And to add, when they make it differ for non versus depostiting players they kill the economy imo

Last edited:
I voted "yes" because having some certain part of random chance to get big jackpot at any time would make new players that never would have stayed to play more. In fact, we don't realize how many low level players are there in this game which never had a global even once, and would otherwise most likely just leave it at one point.

I have played a lot and had my own towers and big hofs, however I've also had one "jackpot" tower which was in no way connected to my activity, and know other players who have gotten one without being a "nub".
In fact, pretty much any avatar can get it, and it's just that playing less/more doesn't affect this lucky chance so much.

However, if you're sure of what you're doing, you may of course invest more of your time to earn more than just one jackpot's share of PED in here with hard work on great insight, would that be mining towers, hunting, crafting, trade, or whatnot.

Hope this helps :)

I voted "yes" because having some certain part of random chance to get big jackpot at any time would make new players that never would have stayed to play more. In fact, we don't realize how many low level players are there in this game which never had a global even once, and would otherwise most likely just leave it at one point.

I have played a lot and had my own towers and big hofs, however I've also had one "jackpot" tower which was in no way connected to my activity, and know other players who have gotten one without being a "nub".
In fact, pretty much any avatar can get it, and it's just that playing less/more doesn't affect this lucky chance so much.

However, if you're sure of what you're doing, you may of course invest more of your time to earn more than just one jackpot's share of PED in here with hard work on great insight, would that be mining towers, hunting, crafting, trade, or whatnot.

Hope this helps :)

hi yes ty for reply, but i would have said all this myself in the origional post of this thread i just got lazy, yes i agree partly with what you have said, but even still, the depositing players lose out in the long term, i have friends and people in my society who deposit loads and loads and never get big hofs and so on.... just touching on the basics i dont want to go into detail, i havent got the time......

but the basics is there for people to understand what i am actually trying to say

:) thanks again :)

RJ Rob

Exactly how it feels, hence why I dropped my daily playtime from 12h a day to 2 hours ^^

Oh as for the poll, I dunno really. I am not depositing anymore not until MA improve their communication and stop treating the playerbase as garbage, has not to do about the loot.

Last edited:
A random system is not about "fair or unfair" at all.

Is throwing a dice fair ?

Wrong question.

It is random.

But of course it has to be tweaked to make it more attractive for people.

Most seem to prefer to have a more uniform return instead of what we have now... few big aths for few "lucky" ones and a lot of bad loot for everyone else.

IMHO we have much more responsible players than heavy gamblers here.

btw I voted for the last option.

Better loot for depositors, is like supporting gamblers by giving them more money to play with.

How is people that deposit a lot, more entitled to more peds??????

If you can supply one satisfactory answer to that, then i will vote accordingly

Rgds

Ace

Better loot for depositors, is like supporting gamblers by giving them more money to play with.

How is people that deposit a lot, more entitled to more peds??????

If you can supply one satisfactory answer to that, then i will vote accordingly

Rgds

Ace

Ok answer is this......

i am playing this game at a 8.5kped loss which i have deposited a lot more than that.... i am always playing this game at a loss (plain and simple) that takes into account the skills and items i have and added all my deposits up, the loot in entropia tracker is just turnover, that has nothing to do with my deposits....

and this game is not meant to be "classed" as "gambling" so gambling has nothing to do with this thread and poll i created

i hope this is the answer you wanted

RJ Rob

Only problem I have with loot system is that they could drop more small globals and HoFs and less 10k HoFs on medium mobs... oh, and the return rate can fluctuate too much (loot being horrible one day and awesome the next day and such)

lootmechanisc was fair until VU 6,1

since no loot its random gambling

globals Hofs ...are nothing if you returning day afther day whit 50% average

ITS MA who controls LooT
and MA favorize noobs

and even small mobs like snable, exar, kiba can give you Now 5k+ Uber HOf (yea you can count how many no loots is needed for such Hof)

i am playing this game at a 8.5kped loss which i have deposited a lot more than that.... i am always playing this game at a loss (plain and simple) that takes into account the skills and items i have and added all my deposits up, the loot in entropia tracker is just turnover, that has nothing to do with my deposits....

So basicly its again the same old BS argument - nondepositors are leechers and they take your money :(

i dont really understand the question , what you deposit have no influence on your loot , whatsoever.

loot is generated when engaging in a profession , with or without deposits.

as someone said , they could make the loot span abit tighter , but cant say there is anything wrong with the system.

when you cycle a ped , the system dont care if you deposited it yourself or got it from another player.

cheers

ermik

ofc is not fair.
Ive been hunting atrox for 10 days at 10 hours per day. At one given point i had over 60 globals on them in last 7 days
So in the 8k atrox that i have killed in the past 10 days my biggest fucking global was 220 peds FFS!!!!!!
and today a a newbie with 3 globals gets a 20k+ hof???????????????????
WTF??*?**? fuck off MA

So basicly its again the same old BS argument - nondepositors are leechers and they take your money :(

that is not what i am saying at all.....

like i said in the origional post, i know the loot has to cater for all types of players... even new players too and none depositing new players,

And also, i dont think MA favours new players what so ever, the new players that do get the "lucky HOFS" get them so it sends a message to new players that it can happen, so those types of hofs need to happen allways, but what i am saying is they need to make depositers loot cycles, *cycle* faster instead of a usual timeframe of 2-4 weeks depending how often you play,

it is not about me, it is in general, i am sure im not the only 1 who has the same feeling as me after losing and depositing and still not getting anything decent, and when u see the new players getting the hofs it does anger us a little bit because depositing players who have played for years cant even get the towers in mining, or the uber hofs,

please i rest my case..............

me not post again :) thanks all and gl

RJ Rob

EDIT: These poll results will obviously be none depositers that vote yes.....

i should have made more poll options for Yes (non depostiers) and Yes (depositers)

o well, never mind too late now

Last edited:

like i said in the origional post, i know the loot has to cater for all types of players... even new players too and none depositing new players,

And also, i dont think MA favours new players what so ever, the new players that do get the "lucky HOFS" get them so it sends a message to new players that it can happen, so those types of hofs need to happen allways, but what i am saying is they need to make depositers loot cycles, *cycle* faster instead of a usual timeframe of 2-4 weeks depending how often you play,

it is not about me, it is in general, i am sure im not the only 1 who has the same feeling as me after losing and depositing and still not getting anything decent, and when u see the new players getting the hofs it does anger us a little bit because depositing players who have played for years cant even get the towers in mining, or the uber hofs,

please i rest my case..............

me not post again :) thanks all and gl

RJ Rob

i should have made more poll options for Yes (non depostiers) and Yes (depositers)

i voted yes and ive depoed more than my fair share.

Really?

The second quote imho sums it up quite good - "i (and/or others) deposit a lot but i don`t get anything back, but some random newcomer did get a nice hof/tower".

it is not about me, it is in general, i am sure im not the only 1 who has the same feeling as me after losing and depositing and still not getting anything decent, and when u see the new players getting the hofs it does anger us a

what do you mean by "getting anything decent" ?

dont you get loot back when you hunt/mine/craft ?

cheers

ermik

obviously? I have deposited more then im willing to admit and I voted yes...

well done MA well done.

attachment.php

As other said, the loot is random, so it can'treally be fair or unfair.

Howver, I see the point with depositors but my opinion is since they deposit, they have more PEDs and therefore more chances to loot big. So its more fair than unfair.

The system is not really geared to reward depositors, it is geared to reward players.
In general - you can all forget the notion, that the system will reward you for depositing. It might or might not reward you for spending slow and steady or hard and fast, but it won't ever back your deposit, with a 20k loot just for your avatar, that no one else can get. Unfortunately, this is what a lot of people seem to believe.

I am :cry: for you....

ohh, completly overlooked its a team, :p silly me, still it could be spread around a bit more

Yeah, I know cases of opalo noobs that hit 10k argo hofs after few days of playing. We had one such player in our soc even.

Yes - YOU can loot more than you have ever deposited (or spent)
No - YOU CANNOT loot more than you deposited or spent so far

Gee, which one is fair?

Grtz to Vault 13 no relation to Essel's Tomb#13 FOMA but some good cross advertising. I hunt in a team name as well and if depos and crap have anything to do with squat, it will be very big. With that said I expect it to be 1/2 or less of ped lost = you pay for your uber and some newbs uber + you pay for MA operation cost and % of trader/nondepo withdrawal.

You play, you lose. You sit around and trade, well you waste your life but your coming out of here with some $ and thats more than most ppl who "play" will ever get. Hard for anyone to break even when you have to pay MA than all the regular withdrawals, very much explains 50% returns IMO.

You want fair? You don't know what you want

Here's 90 something % return, every time all the time

You want fair? You don't know what you want

Here's 90 something % return, every time all the time
I is 90% return all the time for everyone and forever. You just need to wait a bit if it's not so... a bit more for new players that get big hofs.

Back