Implant: NeoPsion 20 Mindforce Implant 20
Decay: 0.508 PEC/use

Implant: NeoPsion 30 Mindforce Implant 30
Decay: 0.557 PEC/use

Implant: NeoPsion 50 Mindforce Implant 50
Decay: 0.617 PEC/use

Implant: NeoPsion 55 Mindforce Implant 55
Decay: 0.577 PEC/use

First Gen Electric Attack Chip IV eco with...
...no implant (base, not useable) = 2.823 dmg/PEC
...NeoPsion 10 = 2.695
...NeoPsion 20 = 2.682
...NeoPsion 55 = 2.663

Question:
Should MindForce implants be rebalanced?

In my opinion, this is essential for the MindForce profession. At the moment, upgrading to a bigger implant to be able to use higher level chips actually lowers your eco.

This is like having a tax on upgrading your gear! I can see no real reason for it, all it does is prevent MindForce users from progressing. The difference may not look big, but it stacks up and this profession can be expensive enough anyways.

Can anyone see any reason whatsoever why it should not be rebalanced? All constructive/helpful comments are welcome :)

All implants should all decay at same rate or no decay. I had to sell my 55 implant when I realised it was just an unnecessary cost to my hunting with MF & had to downgrade to the TT implant. Such a shame.

If MA do a rebalance on mindforce inplants we would only be forced to pay even more.

Nice idea nh... Let's start spam MA with suport cases, they will look into that eventually.

All implants should all decay at same rate or no decay. I had to sell my 55 implant when I realised it was just an unnecessary cost to my hunting with MF & had to downgrade to the TT implant. Such a shame.

Yea I agree. In the case of MF if you use a higher implant it should all decay the same. Would make using MF a little less painful.

-Bemo-

Maybe decay isn't such a bad thing. Maybe people's perception of what eco means isn't totally accurate. Maybe spending more gets you more loot. Maybe EU really isn't gambling. :eyecrazy:

Exactly, I personally would've upgraded to a bigger implant and bigger chips long ago had the decay not been higher on the bigger implants :wise:

The problem is NightHawk, you are thinking logically, about eco and making MF hunting in some way fairer / comparable with other forms of hunting.

It isn't though is it? certainly from the way MA deliver MF, is this idea that it is a place where you pay more for different effects.

I like Electric Attack XI, makes a change from other stuff, but I wouldn't ever say it is eco :laugh:

You are right, but MA dosen't see MF in terms of eco, hence the actual increase cost in higher level implants.

just get rid of the implants and let the chips be inserted directly with the inserter... otherwise we'll always continue to have the problem that new areas in game force the chip out of your head, etc. Just remove that whole system and make the chips themselves become the implants. Would make the whole system a heck of a lot simpler, which seems to be what MA wants done since they simplified the mining and are getting ready to do the simplification on the clubs, etc.

I like the idea of implants. I even want more implants.

but on the topic. isnt using bigger implant giving you the posibility to use bigger chip.
so if you want to use electric IV u dont need to get bigger implant. but if you want to use big chips you have to use bigger implant wiht bigger decay

but on the topic. isnt using bigger implant giving you the posibility to use bigger chip.
so if you want to use electric IV u dont need to get bigger implant. but if you want to use big chips you have to use bigger implant wiht bigger decay

Yes, but what if I want to use larger chips sometimes, but lower chips most of the time?

This is like adding so all the low level guns like Opalo decays more if you've maxed a higher level gun and is using that sometimes... :rolleyes:

Yes, but what if I want to use larger chips sometimes, but lower chips most of the time?

This is like adding so all the low level guns like Opalo decays more if you've maxed a higher level gun and is using that sometimes... :rolleyes:

u r right. MF is MFed

If MA do a rebalance on mindforce inplants we would only be forced to pay even more.

I fucking hate posts like these. whine more, be more negative, be more jerk, add more shit that is totally free off anything constructive, piss off. -rep.

Anyhow i agree would be nice with an update on this. removing implants all together is an idea but seems kinda drastic. Would be nice with new implants with various decay and lvls you could use. perhaps a bunch of new L implants with lower decay, but they can only use 1 level of chips each, combined with being able to insert any number of implants?

Anyhow i agree would be nice with an update on this. removing implants all together is an idea but seems kinda drastic. Would be nice with new implants with various decay and lvls you could use. perhaps a bunch of new L implants with lower decay, but they can only use 1 level of chips each, combined with being able to insert any number of implants?

1) Yes, I would like to keep the implants, I just want them to be rebalanced in a way so all chips are at least as eco with all implants :)

2) The problem with L implants would be the insertion cost, so that would have to be fixed somehow.

You can go out hunting with a variety of weapons with different sights, scopes, amps and enhancers added to each one so how about being able to have more than 1 implant? That way you could add the appropriate level chips to each implant and use accordingly just like you would do if switching weapons.

And dont forget to implement mf enhancers :yay:
Oh and mf amps would be cool.
Um while your at it, pls reduce the cooldown period on strike chips.

And dont forget to implement mf enhancers :yay:
Oh and mf amps would be cool.

This has already been commented on by Kim over at EF, they do not want to do it as they want MindForce to be more than just another type of ranged combat :wise:

Mindforce

I am currently working on adding alot of new mindforce chips for all categories to allow for a much smoother progress in the mindforce professions higher levels.
I am also looking into the situation with the implants to see if any adjustments can be made.

I am currently working on adding alot of new mindforce chips for all categories to allow for a much smoother progress in the mindforce professions higher levels.
I am also looking into the situation with the implants to see if any adjustments can be made.

Thanks a lot :) I am sure this post will bring hope to many MF users and not just me that progression in our profession will be more fair :yay:

Craftable MF chips.

Hey Charlie,

Thanks for the reply.

Being a full time MF user now myself, I would very much welcome the stronger chips that can handle regen mobs :)

Also would it be possible to make these chips craftable ? With a seperate MindForce book ?

I don't mind dropped chips, however it makes the availability of chips scattery if you do it this way and not smooth at all for those whom need them on demand as their main profession weapons.

Cheers,
Viper

By the way, would all of these be (L) or is there any chance of us getting more unlimited chips? :)

And when you say all categories, do you mean for all combat categories or for all categories (as in TP, synch, heal, etc)? :cool:

Me and Kim are discussing in which ways these will be obtained, they might come from crafting, hunting, missions, or perhaps a combination of all. This has however not yet been decided, but with all the new chips it should make it easier to find one that suits your need.

Me and Kim are discussing in which ways these will be obtained, they might come from crafting, hunting, missions, or perhaps a combination of all. This has however not yet been decided, but with all the new chips it should make it easier to find one that suits your need.

Awesome thanks ;)

Crafting (L) ftw :D

However they are delivered to the economy, I for one appreciate them coming :)

Cheers,
Viper

PS. WOOT!

Why not make the chip itself determine how much decay is on the implant rather then the same decay on the implant per use regardless of chip level?

That is you can use any implant you want and the electric III would decay any of the implants at the same rate and a electric V would decay the implant more but the same amount on different implants etc.

We player want it to be a usefull item to be used to hunt like a gun or riffle so we can have some use of it not just a fun toy.:)

I would suggest countering the availability issue while also giving sweat another use:
Make some chips craftable, have the formula use some sweat.

Add chips with higher TT value or lower decay-per-use as almost all chips now break very quickly and some have very low availability.

The low TT value also means that the already bad eco (which is made worse by the implant situation, thanks again for looking into that) is even harder to compensate for as you have to pay markup so often.

The (L) chip that can be used the highest amount of times is the Electric Attack Chip IX (L) with just under 2500 uses, while the second highest amount of uses before breaking goes to Electric Attack Chip VI (L) with 1770 uses.

Comparing this to the Breer series, the Breer P2a (L) is the quickest breaking (L) Breer with "only" 4420 uses.... the highest of the (L) Breer pistols is 23800 with the P4a (L).

(Stats taken from Entropedia)

Why not make the chip itself determine how much decay is on the implant rather then the same decay on the implant per use regardless of chip level?

That is you can use any implant you want and the electric III would decay any of the implants at the same rate and a electric V would decay the implant more but the same amount on different implants etc.

But it would make it easier for themselves as well to have all implants decay the same since this would mean that they could quicker and easier determine the eco of chips simply by modifying the decay and SME/LME/ME use of the chip, right? :)

I would suggest countering the availability issue while also giving sweat another use:
Make some chips craftable, have the formula use some sweat.

Yes please, however not use sweat for these, it wouldn't make sense,
I was thinking more along the lines of using robot parts.

Much like we have Simple I, II & III components that use oils.

Why not make Advanced I, II & III components that use robot parts

Examples:

Advanced "component name here" I = 20 low-loss link cables + 2 Filters - Electonics Engineer
Advanced "component name here" I = 14 Filters + 7 low loss link cables - Mechanical Engineer
Advanced "component name here" I = 8 robot part here + 7 robot part here - Metal Engineer

Advance II components
Advanced I component + robot part additional.

Advanced III components
Advanced II component + robot part additional.

Oooo did I just solve our low use of robot parts TT food problem :D

It is a chip after all and requires a higher technology using an implanted device ;)

Last edited:

Well, all implants decaying the same amount (relative to chip used) would make it so the only difference between the implants is the chip levels you can use with them, and the tt. The higher level implants should have better eco. The level 55 implant in particular had a fairly high market value before the conversion, that should not be just ignored. Continually doing things that ruin market value of things players own is not a good practice, I'm sure you'd agree.

Yes please, however not use sweat for these, it wouldn't make sense,

Why not? Vibrant Sweat is part of what enables us to use these powers, it would make perfect sense to have it in the crafting process.

Back