DRAUGHT Petition to MA re. Mission Rebalancing Effective August 21st, 2012

I think many users will be very happy to hear that MindArk is devising a change to the mission rewards system that will allow individual missions to award non-tradeable Attribute Tokens, which can be turned in to an NPC in exchange for attribute points.

This system would address two of the major concerns we have received in feedback from participants regarding the mission rewards rebalancing-

1. A larger number of mission creatures can continue to reward mission efforts in the form of increasing attributes.
  2. Participants will be able to choose the best time to redeem their attribute rewards, for example after having skilled up 'naturally' to a certain level.

We are finishing up the necessary adjustments to the mission rewards formulas and guidelines provided to planet partners to accommodate the new attribute token system and the awarding of fractional attributes. Once those adjustments are completed, planet partners will have the ability to provide everyone with an overview of the new rewards that will be implemented on Aug. 21, so that participants can make informed decisions as to which missions to complete over the summer.

:eyecrazy:

missed this one :laugh:

not quite sure about this one.

Repeatable missions?

need to think it over a bit before I can make any further comment :rolleyes:

edit: ok, question, how is this connected to the Iron challenges? Will they stay as they are and are the new missions supplementary? Or will the iron challenges be altered?

probably the best solution in this situation, i'm happy! :)

those who prefer skills to attributes will not be happy but if mission tokens depend on mob dmg/hp the skills come naturally while doing missions anyway...

obviously it concerns all missions, iron missions can't be an exception. otherwise this solution wouldn't really "solve" anything ;)

Ok so Kim or Charlie said they gonna focus more on skill based rewards, now Bjorn comes in and says there will be missions with attribute tokens.

Now I want to know, will both statements still exist in the new Mission Reward Balancing??

Can you guys just keep both options in the missions??

I really want the skill rewards to stay in.

I think many users will be very happy to hear that MindArk is devising a change to the mission rewards system that will allow individual missions to award non-tradeable Attribute Tokens, which can be turned in to an NPC in exchange for attribute points.

This system would address two of the major concerns we have received in feedback from participants regarding the mission rewards rebalancing-

1. A larger number of mission creatures can continue to reward mission efforts in the form of increasing attributes.
  2. Participants will be able to choose the best time to redeem their attribute rewards, for example after having skilled up 'naturally' to a certain level.

We are finishing up the necessary adjustments to the mission rewards formulas and guidelines provided to planet partners to accommodate the new attribute token system and the awarding of fractional attributes. Once those adjustments are completed, planet partners will have the ability to provide everyone with an overview of the new rewards that will be implemented on Aug. 21, so that participants can make informed decisions as to which missions to complete over the summer.

Thank you very much indeed!

I'm not sure that this is the ideal solution, but it cetainly addresses some major concerns. I have edited the OP accordingly

jay :)

Perhaps ignoring wasn't the right word for me to use, "misinterpreting" would probably be more appropriate.

If we look at your statements A-C, only B has a direct equivalent in your poll: "Mission chains that have already been started should continue to offer the old rewards."

Given an open choice of any or all of the statements in the poll, 41.33% chose that option. That means that 58.67% specifically chose not to, which means a majority of people do not agree with statement B.

Statement A is not reflected at all by any of the options in the poll. Statement C doesn't have a direct equivalent but is probably most closely related to the option "Players should be given a realistic time span to collect all the attribute rewards if wanted" which was chosen by 37.33% or respondents, meaning that 62.67% disagree with this.

If you use the word "unreservedly" then obviously you aren't going to get too many people choosing that. Given the wording I think that 21.33% is rather high.

If we add the 30.67% who chose "I require more information before I can be sure that I am happy about all this" (noting that these two opinions are mutually exclusive), we can see that 52% of people are not unhappy about the proposed changes (at least not yet). We also have 33.33% who chose "I am happy if noob missions, specifically, will be rewarded with skills not attributes" and 50.67% who chose "am happy that frags and tokens will be replaced with skills", reflecting a generally more positive attitude than you are indicating. We don't know what the level of crossover was between those options and the two positive options I mentioned above, so we can't be sure how many of those we can add to the 52%.

I haven't drafted a petition because I don't feel there is any need for one. I'm basically happy with the changes (as far as we know about them). If anything I would prefer them to be implemented sooner, but I'm not going to petition anyone to do that because it's just my opinion and is probably not representative of everyone's view.

Generally I think people are OK with it now, after the initial negative reaction immediately following the original accouncement, which is inevitable in such circumstances.

I hope my analysis is constructive enough for you now.

Thanks Oleg, that really is a lot more like it.

Of course you have to consider that no option received more than 47.50% votes (present figure) If you take that as a vote AGAINST the option in every instance that makes total nonsense of the entire poll. I'm sure its more a case of people being more selective than they needed to be. Eg choosing their favourite option rather than all of the acceptable options. So if a figure is high relative to that 47.50% then it needs to be taken seriously.

Re, the lack of an option that directly corresponds to option A: I addressed this problem in my OP in the Poll thread:

my own proposition is as follows:

[INSERT OPTION A, in QUOTES]

there was not room to squeeze all this into the poll though (100 character limit)so had to settle for "Players should be given a realistic time span..."

No I'm, not assuming that all who checked that box had read my footnote and meat to vote for option A; no more that I assume that all who didn't check that box were voting against option A.

Of the critical options, the one that's getting by far most votes is:

I do think the changes need to be implemented very carefully, with more regard for existing players
( 47.37% at present)

I am therefore taking this view (along with "happy about frags being replaced") to be representative. The next question then becomes, what do people want MA to do about it? The idea that they don't want MA to do anything about it (they'd sooner keep their grudge?) is just plain silly.

Considering the answers given, it seemed very clear to me that option A would satisfy more people, than the other presented options would, since it gives the individual a choice, thus covering more than one view at a single stroke. The fact that nobody has suggested modifying it justifies that conclusion.

I mean, people have either found the pettion, as worded, acceptable in entirety, or else (like you) unacceptable in entirety, because they don't want a petition at all. So I gather that I had a surprising degree of success re. interpreting the poll responses and representing the majority view. I really expected some people would quibble with the details, but they did not.

Re. your suggestion that most players are happy because they checked
"am happy that frags and tokens will be replaced with skills . "

Well, I checked that option myself, so I know damned well that it doesn't mean that I think the petition unnecessary. The point there is : credit where its due! A lot of the changes are indeed very welcome. But there's no need to screw over those players who already invested in the system as it is when they implement the changes. As MA have now clearly recognised!

Oh, was halfway though writing this (in OpenOffice) when I saw your comment about MA “caving in to the whining minority”, but I gritted my teeth and continued as planned. Well, well, well. If you view some highly constructive criticism of MA's proposals as “whining” then I wonder what that makes your response? Seriously, you look like the whining minority on this thread

Last edited:
That was going quite well until you decided to pick me up on a comment that I removed 12 hours before your post, after Bjorn clarified the position, and which had nothing to do with your petition.

My guess is that we will be able to choose.

For example: Finish an Iron Mission and get a choice of XXped tt of 1 of 3 skills and/or XX attribute tokens. Where each token raises an attribute by 1/10th of a point (to allow the reward to be offered for low-level missions).

All in all sounds like a good solution to me.

I still suspect that the rewards will be less that they are now, so I will still try and grab as many as I can before then. I also hope that they will allow us to choose the attribute we want to redeem.

I still suspect that the rewards will be less that they are now, so I will still try and grab as many as I can before then. I also hope that they will allow us to choose the attribute we want to redeem.

that would be my guess as well. So I will grind until august 21. Grab what you still can! :wtg:

Thanks again, but on reflection, I feel that, whilst this certainly is a big improvement, this not really address our concerns re. players having sufficient time to complete the missions, as stated in the draft petition. I'd particulrly like to draw your attention to this part:

Many of us have started several simultaneous mission chains in good faith, and find we have nowhere near enough time to complete them all before the changes take effect

Equally, many of us had planned to raise our attributes by natural skilling before taking advantage of the attribute rewards. In this way, much time and many PED have been invested in preparing for the missions., as they stand. However since this activity is not obviously related to the missions, we suspect that it has been overlooked by you. The proposed schedule completely fails to take account of us.

The modification does offer some hope that we won't feel such a burning need to complete the missions before the deadline; but in the event that we do feel such a need, we still have the problem of far too close a deadline. Obviously, there is a general feeling that it's still better to collect the current mission rewards. For those who delayed even starting the missions, and are now ready to begin, or are close to being ready to begin, it's of no help at all that they can more easily delay collecting mission rewards in the future. That only ensures that the next generation won't face the same dilemma.

Now, this might be a minority of players, but it's a fairly sustantiial minority, and comprises people who've invested a lot in the game thus far.

At present, i'm inclined to re-draft the petition, taking account of the modification, but leaving the bulk of the text intact, and start collecting signatures immediately. It would be better of course to wait for further info from the planet partners, but might that not be leaving it too late?

Or is that really necessary at all, since you are paying attention to this thread?

I really do hope that MA will also consider implementing one of the three proposals set out in the OP.

Last edited:

Bumping up this thread. Bjorn, do you have an ETA for MA's part of this?

I find myself stuck on Calypso wanting to work on a mission but not wanting to proceed until the changes are manifest.

I support this petition,
I cycle 5-7k peds a day hunting and the only reason i hunt crap mobs like ( Atrax, molisk,droka etc.) is for the attributes. I use no melee so no strength... and so on.
You made the attribute gain so damn slow MA compared to what it was before. Lets aside the skillgain which is also to slow in relation to the losses you have if you cycle that much. Dont forget the hands that feed you...

I am happy with non-tradable Attribute tokens nice idea, but the token must been given a value such as:

This token is worth 1.0 complete attribute point, or 0.50 half an attribute point.

or later we might be in a position, that more tokens are required for 1 point (in case of future nerf).

Rick

1. What does BEER have to do with the petitions or missions? :scratch2:
2. Why do you think missions are going to be for the worst? MA got butthurt that other planets offer huge rewards for similar missions?

Did you guys look at missions like the Silver Argonaut mission? Do you realize how many thousands of dollars MA will make for every participant that completes the mission? In return what? Skill points with a value of 30-40 ped on skill implants? Besides completing a feat of utmost boredom and human suffering, why else would you finish that mission?

Dear MA

Okay MA some thoughts for you.
Hopefully someone of you read this. Better way then writing to support i guess.
I deposited 24 k euros the last 2 months. Check the transaction protocol to make sure i am serious.
I really love your game and i thought it was time to support you a bit. I would have deposited more if i was sure that this game will survive the next 3 years, but i am not. In my eyes there is a 50 % chance that it will crash. Anyway.
To introduce missions was a good idea. But your rewards dont really make me happy. I will explain why.
I will need a mod fap and shadow armor in the next 3 years. Well i could deposit that cash and just buy it. But no thats not the way that pleases me. I want it as a reward for mission. For example: " Kill 500k leviathan and the reward will be a mod fap". I know i will loose thousend and thousends of USD this way but this money will be contributed to the GAME and to YOU and not to some fancy leechers who immidiatly withdraw that cash.
If you want ME to deposit much more you will have to think about this way.
regards

Drachenherz

Okay MA some thoughts for you.
Hopefully someone of you read this. Better way then writing to support i guess.
I deposited 24 k euros the last 2 months. Check the transaction protocol to make sure i am serious.
I really love your game and i thought it was time to support you a bit. I would have deposited more if i was sure that this game will survive the next 3 years, but i am not. In my eyes there is a 50 % chance that it will crash. Anyway.
To introduce missions was a good idea. But your rewards dont really make me happy. I will explain why.
I will need a mod fap and shadow armor in the next 3 years. Well i could deposit that cash and just buy it. But no thats not the way that pleases me. I want it as a reward for mission. For example: " Kill 500k leviathan and the reward will be a mod fap". I know i will loose thousend and thousends of USD this way but this money will be contributed to the GAME and to YOU and not to some fancy leechers who immidiatly withdraw that cash.
If you want ME to deposit much more you will have to think about this way.
regards

Drachenherz
Super hard missions with very valuable rewards, this is a cool idea!
The new mission token system should make implementing this pretty easy. I suppose there will be a mission token "shopping list", only need to add one entry to the "top":
  • 3xxx tokens: +1 STR
  • 4xxx tokens: +1 STA
  • 10000xxxxxxxxx tokens: Omegaton Fast Aid Pack Modified

Tokens are not sellable, and they will depend on mob dmg/hp, so we can be certain very few will be able to claim the grand prize.

[/LIST]

Tokens are not sellable, and they will depend on mob dmg/hp, so we can be certain very few will be able to claim the grand prize.

Yes, this would be critical. They should be personal.

Although I'll never be able to get that grand price I do support the idea. I think it makes more sense that you earn that mod fap through -superhuman- feats then that it is being given to some extremely lucky sob in a hof.

And it could stimulate people to hunt even more (same like the current iron missions did).

" Kill 500k leviathan and the reward will be a mod fap". I know i will loose thousend and thousends of USD this way

You were misinformed. MA doesn't lose any money on high level gear. Plus you have to admit mod fap and imp fap are design mistakes that can't be undone.

Also someone that 1. Spends 12.000 EUR a month on a game, THEN paranoids himself that the game will crash in 3 years, doesn't make me trust your mental sanity. How do you manage to "spend" 24.000 EUR in two months? When you believe the game will shut down soon. It doesn't make any sense.

All I can say good luck with the game, I hope you pay more to get uber in half a year when others had to work for 10 years to get there. And thank you for your continued financial support and supportive ideas.

You were misinformed. MA doesn't lose any money on high level gear. Plus you have to admit mod fap and imp fap are design mistakes that can't be undone.

He says HE will lose money, not MA. All he is saying is that he would rather lose the money and work towards getting the FAP while playing the game rather than just depoing and buying it. I agree with him, it's nice to have goals to work toward.

All I can say good luck with the game, I hope you pay more to get uber in half a year when others had to work for 10 years to get there. And thank you for your continued financial support and supportive ideas.

Wow, jealous much? That has to be one of the pettiest comments I've read on here. It's always been possible to buy uberness in EU, it's one of the things that make the game what it is.

He chooses to deposit more than you, get over it.

The attribute tokens will not be tradable. Sorry, I should have pointed this out in my previous post. I have updated my post to prevent any misunderstanding.

I have no idea yet if mission tokens are looable in lootable pvp, but I suspect they are as they are in the material tabs; having said this: You may want to specify if these new attribute tokens is lootable in lootable pvp and if they will go in any other tab than the material- or mineral tab.

Having fractional attributes sounds like a cool idea. Maybe it's possible that way to have stamina going up slowly, without having to wait for a full 16600 count of mobs.

WILL EVERYBODY WHO "SIGNED" ON THIS THREAD PLEASE GO HERE, READ THE ADDITIONAL COMMENTS, AND SIGN AGAIN. Thanks

This is because MA's reponse on page 4, though very welcome, does not really address most of our concerns

jay:)

Arkadia will wait to put into Stage 5 of their missions to august 21:st... They must comply with MA so that the final reward will be much less than expected.

All I want from them missions is more attributes!! Will I be able to redo them missions so I can get more attributes? or should I stop playing until Aug 21st?

All I want from them missions is more attributes!! Will I be able to redo them missions so I can get more attributes? or should I stop playing until Aug 21st?

We really don't have a definite answer. The way I see it, to be sure you get attributes, you need to do them before 21st as much as you can. Although they promised some kind of token system that you still can get the attribute reward, but then at a moment you want it. But heh, they promised us to update us soon, which is.... well overdue!

Back